The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #226
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

hey , I am not saying DRC is the best cover corner in N. America, he is however the broncos best cover corner, and the ONLY corner we can trust with a 1 on 1 assignment.
before the pre-seaon / draft I said our secondary had trouble covering TEs and defending against the deep ball. I siad it before our first game, and i still think its true.
I am not blaming CHAMP , but I am not one of the delerious who think that champs return is somehow the solution, it is not.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #227
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,172

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
hey , I am not saying DRC is the best cover corner in N. America, he is however the broncos best cover corner, and the ONLY corner we can trust with a 1 on 1 assignment.
before the pre-seaon / draft I said our secondary had trouble covering TEs and defending against the deep ball. I siad it before our first game, and i still think its true.
I am not blaming CHAMP , but I am not one of the delerious who think that champs return is somehow the solution, it is not.
Who was the better corner in 2012? DRC or Champ Bailey?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #228
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'd say the TE except he couldn't cover Fasano so I don't know.
bingo.
Champ in his present state is not going to enhance our spotty secondary as a corner. However if he would learn to play the safety position his remaining skills could make a significant impact.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #229
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'd say the TE except he couldn't cover Fasano so I don't know.
I don't know about that. Champ gave up just one short pass to Fasano (I think).

Were there more?
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #230
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
I don't know about that. Champ gave up just one short pass to Fasano (I think).

Were there more?
they put champ on faisano and the cheifs went right at him !
It was at that point I knew they were targeting champ ! as in, find champ, throw in his direction !
it was at this point champ realized it too and came up with a tummy ache and left the field.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #231
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
they put champ on faisano and the cheifs went right at him !
It was at that point I knew they were targeting champ ! as in, find champ, throw in his direction !
it was at this point champ realized it too and came up with a tummy ache and left the field.
Go bother someone else.

I'm not playing this game.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #232
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
they put champ on faisano and the cheifs went right at him !
It was at that point I knew they were targeting champ ! as in, find champ, throw in his direction !
it was at this point champ realized it too and came up with a tummy ache and left the field.
I'm surprised that anyone would notice any defender not named "Cooper" being targeted in that game. Both Cooper and Flowers were "targeted" far more than Champ was.

Champ will improve as he gets into football shape. He'll get better each week (presuming he can avoid any re-injury) and should be at or near 100% by the time we really need him (in the postseason).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #233
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
I'm surprised that anyone would notice any defender not named "Cooper" being targeted in that game. Both Cooper and Flowers were "targeted" far more than Champ was.

Champ will improve as he gets into football shape. He'll get better each week (presuming he can avoid any re-injury) and should be at or near 100% by the time we really need him (in the postseason).
wishful thinking.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #234
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Go bother someone else.

I'm not playing this game.
thats exactly what champ said !
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #235
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,210
Default

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #236
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

I think champ could cover willie nelson.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #237
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Victory is a dish best served by Chef Luigi.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #238
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
wishful thinking.
Actually, it's logical thinking. Logic says that there's gonna be some rust on any player who's been sidelined for any significant time due to injury. Being back on the field is logically going to result in improved conditioning -- a return to "football shape". It's truly unfair to judge a player based solely on limited playing time (less than half of the game) in his first game back after an injury. I personally advocate giving it the remaining quarter of the season and enjoying watching how it all plays out.

In the offseason is plenty soon enough for the team -- and Champ himself -- to evaluate his health, his contract, and his future with the team. We're not gonna cut him loose now, so why rail about him not being 100% already? It's completely unrealistic to expect him to be.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #239
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Actually, it's logical thinking. Logic says that there's gonna be some rust on any player who's been sidelined for any significant time due to injury. Being back on the field is logically going to result in improved conditioning -- a return to "football shape". It's truly unfair to judge a player based solely on limited playing time (less than half of the game) in his first game back after an injury. I personally advocate giving it the remaining quarter of the season and enjoying watching how it all plays out.

In the offseason is plenty soon enough for the team -- and Champ himself -- to evaluate his health, his contract, and his future with the team. We're not gonna cut him loose now, so why rail about him not being 100% already? It's completely unrealistic to expect him to be.
You're talking to someone who demanded the broncos force Manning to run a 40 yard dash to prove his health. Logic is thrown out the window.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #240
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Maybe Chef Luigi has higher performance standards for a guy who is cashing in a cool $10 million + and playing like Roc Alexander.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #241
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
You're talking to someone who demanded the broncos force Manning to run a 40 yard dash to prove his health. Logic is thrown out the window.
The team's gonna do what they're gonna do regardless of what we "armchair GM's" in cyberspace think anyway...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #242
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Maybe Chef Luigi has higher performance standards for a guy who is cashing in a cool $10 million + and playing like Roc Alexander.
Actually, it was Marcus Cooper -- and not Champ -- who was reminiscent of Roc Alexander last Sunday.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #243
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
You're talking to someone who demanded the broncos force Manning to run a 40 yard dash to prove his health. Logic is thrown out the window.
Go get a GoPro and slap it on your head. Run your 40 yard dash and report back to us. If it isn't under 5.5 seconds you will be banned.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #244
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,172

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
they put champ on faisano and the cheifs went right at him !
It was at that point I knew they were targeting champ ! as in, find champ, throw in his direction !
it was at this point champ realized it too and came up with a tummy ache and left the field.
Funny, since you said not all that long ago that QB's didn't target Champ over the last several years because of his "reputation"

Is Alex Smith just smarter than everyone else?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #245
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Go get a GoPro and slap it on your head. Run your 40 yard dash and report back to us. If it isn't under 5.5 seconds you will be banned.
Not only would it be under 5.5, I'll also be running while looking backwards for a unique GoPro effect.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #246
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The team's gonna do what they're gonna do regardless of what we "armchair GM's" in cyberspace think anyway...
exactly.
lets see how champ is deployed this sunday.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #247
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
maybe we can combine threads/ willie nelson mandella?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #248
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
exactly.
lets see how champ is deployed this sunday.
I think it's logical to expect a better performance in his second game back from the injury -- than we saw in his first. I still don't expect him to be anywhere near 100% yet. It's gonna take a little time for him to get back "up to speed".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #249
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

reality:
when people questioned champs extended leave of absence from the playing field, everyone defended champ by saying,
he would not and should not come back until he is 100%.
now after his return and less than exemplary performance those same people are defending champs inferior performance by saying,
well gosh he is not 100% yet.
dillusional / denial.
champ enthusiasts need to LOWER their expectations, NOT expect better results after another 7 days.
Those same people who kept posting,
Our d is gonna be awesome once champ returns
are having a difficult time dealing with reality and are the ones annoyed by me stating the reality.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #250
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
reality:
when people questioned champs extended leave of absence from the playing field, everyone defended champ by saying,
he would not and should not come back until he is 100%.
now after his return and less than exemplary performance those same people are defending champs inferior performance by saying,
well gosh he is not 100% yet.
dillusional / denial.
champ enthusiasts need to LOWER their expectations, NOT expect better results after another 7 days.
Those same people who kept posting,
Our d is gonna be awesome once champ returns
are having a difficult time dealing with reality and are the ones annoyed by me stating the reality.
Please list for me the names of players who have ever come back from significant lost playing time due to injury or suspension -- in "football shape". Hint: Von Miller wasn't in "football shape" when he came back earlier in the year; it took him a couple of weeks to perform at the level most of us expected. Why would there be higher expectations for Champ than for Von?

I don't think you can name even one player who was instantly back in "football shape" in his first game back after injury/suspension.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Denver Broncos