The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 05:41 AM   #1
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Brady's Legacy takes hit

With his poor performance yesterday on the biggest stage. I counted 3 crucial over-throws on wide open WR's yesterday that would have drastically altered the outcome of the game had he connected. He wasnt pressured on any of those throws and wind wasnt a factor. And this game was coming off his 13 for 25 performance from last week in which Blount and Ridley had to bail him out.

Brady's skill are clearly deteriorating as he comes to the end of his career while the older Manning is still winning MVP's. I think the Manning vs Brady debate just swung in Manning's favor for good after last night.
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 05:49 AM   #2
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
With his poor performance yesterday on the biggest stage. I counted 3 crucial over-throws on wide open WR's yesterday that would have drastically altered the outcome of the game had he connected. He wasnt pressured on any of those throws and wind wasnt a factor. And this game was coming off his 13 for 25 performance from last week in which Blount and Ridley had to bail him out.

Brady's skill are clearly deteriorating as he comes to the end of his career while the older Manning is still winning MVP's. I think the Manning vs Brady debate just swung in Manning's favor for good after last night.
Or, as Phil Simms would say, "He threw it so well that it just kept going."
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:51 AM   #3
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post

Yes I was like what did he say ?

That sideline throw never had a chance.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:04 AM   #4
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post

The one overthrow in the first quarter when Adams let that midger get behind him was awful.

The one down the sideline in the second quarter that Simms said "would've been a TD" wasn't going to be caught inbounds with two feet in by a SHORT receiver like that.

The other up the seam at the end of the second quarter that Simms said "would've been a TD" would've gotten the receiver's block knocked off had it been on target.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Legacy may not take a hit, but injury excuses run thin when he misses wide open guys though. The Bronco defense has not been stellar most of the season and talk about injuries, they have had to deal with that all season. I think talk of Brady's decline may be starting though.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:33 AM   #6
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I thought both QB's were pressing a little at times, but you could see Brady pressing more in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I thought it looked like he was feelng pressure. those sacks were so timely yesterday.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:34 AM   #7
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

It's fun to think about how there are young Patriot fans out there who didn't really get into the team until 2005 and have basically had the same NFL fan experience as early 90s Bills or McNabb era Eagles fans.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:39 AM   #8
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I thought both QB's were pressing a little at times, but you could see Brady pressing more in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I thought it looked like he was feelng pressure. those sacks were so timely yesterday.
True, what Manning and co. did yesterday is what the Pats have done to Manning so many times. Ball control drives, taking time off the clock, limiting the number of drives the other team has. It can make the QB antsy knowing they have to score on every drive because they may not get that many chances. The Pats only had 8 possessions where they usually average like 12-13 a game.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #9
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
those sacks were so timely yesterday.
This is true. Russell Wilson possibly gets out of both of those bc there wasnt much help.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #10
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

This is one of the first things I thought of upon seeing that seattle won. Its going to take a special game plan against that guy. The reason he can be so good is that hes pass first, run when you have to, but very elusive in the mean time.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #11
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Put Brady with the Broncos offense and he's setting records again....

He lost 75 percent of his offensive production line-up from last year, more at times with injuries, and his team still ended up in the Championship game.

I don't like the Pats, but gotta be realistic.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Can we put all the Patriots crap to bed now? Brady's legacy did not take a hit because of one game . Any way you look at it he is a sure fire, first ballot hall of famer.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #13
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Brady hasn't won a superbowl post-spygate.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #14
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Here's another little stat that the mesia doesn't want you to know. Brady has been 8-8 since his first lost to us in 2005.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #15
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
I heard that. Blamed it on the air in Denver.

I turned to my wife and said, "that is what we call an over through"
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #16
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
Can we put all the Patriots crap to bed now? Brady's legacy did not take a hit because of one game . Any way you look at it he is a sure fire, first ballot hall of famer.
Not one game, but between this game, last year against Baltimore and the 2 SB losses to the Giants, he's no longer in the Joe Montana, clutch, cool under pressure and just delivers category.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #17
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Not one game, but between this game, last year against Baltimore and the 2 SB losses to the Giants, he's no longer in the Joe Montana, clutch, cool under pressure and just delivers category.
And the AFCCG against BAL the year before that.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #18
davdog
Solid Starter

Brady did have crap for receivers this year but those overthrows in yesterday's game were pretty bad and can't be blamed on second string receivers.
Don't gloat too long folks as you might have 1 year of Manning left and then it's back to looking for a top tier QB and Mediocrity along with the Pats, the difference being the pats had a 15 year run and the broncos a three year run. Hell a SB win this year and you might be looking for a new QB, it's any time now for either QB.
davdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #19
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

^^^^^Excuses are just a delicious as loser tears

Brady had worse receivers 2001-2004
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #20
davdog
Solid Starter

No team will probably ever match that 49ers team BUT they changed QBs along the way and continued to be dominate. They were a GREAT team, period. To compare the 2001-2014 Pats to that 49er team is crazy.
There are very few nfl cities that would not take the football success brady and belichick have delivered to NE since 07.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #21
davdog
Solid Starter

But a better D at the end of each season.

Quote:
^^^^^Excuses are just a delicious as loser tears

Brady had worse receivers 2001-2004
Old 01-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #22
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Here's another little stat that the mesia doesn't want you to know. Brady has been 8-8 since his first lost to us in 2005.
Broncos are 3-1 against the Pats in the post season. Yet all the media talked about was that JDR had never beaten Bill Belichick and his defenses didn't perform well. Brady was 10-4 against Manning. Manning can't win the big game.

No one mentioned Brady choking in the past 3 championships games he's played in, no one talked about the 8-7 postseason record since 05 coming in, no one said a single word about Brady's legacy being on the line if he lost.

It was Manning having all the pressure on him and his legacy being on the line.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #23
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Even the Pats fans are slowly starting to realize this. From their board -

"Has anyone noticed how Brady's playoff performance has declined since his SB years? He has rarely come up in the clutch for us since 2005. Is he getting a free pass now because of those 4 early years?

2005- Throws near pick 6 and loses vs Denver

2006- Throws 3 picks vs Chargers and gets baiiled out. Loses 18 point halftime lead and throws pick to end the game

2007- Mediocre game vs Chargers. Only puts up 14 vs an average Giants defense despite having the record for most points scored ever.

2009- Lays an egg vs Baltimore at home

2010- Repeats the previous years performance vs the Jets at home

2011- Only puts up 17 points vs Giants and throws a critical 4th quarter INT

2012- Awful game vs Baltimore

2013- Gets outplayed by Manning and misses crucial deep balls to open receivers

The offense averaged 17.8 PPG in those 8 losses"

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...formances.html

The media will never acknowledge it though - man crush too large. Once they set their narratives they can't be changed.
The funny thing is, if you look at his Super Bowl years he was pretty mediocre in those runs also. 2004 was the only one where he really played great.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #24
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I think the media is catching on.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...broncos/28265/
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #25
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Even the Pats fans are slowly starting to realize this. From their board -

"Has anyone noticed how Brady's playoff performance has declined since his SB years? He has rarely come up in the clutch for us since 2005. Is he getting a free pass now because of those 4 early years?

2005- Throws near pick 6 and loses vs Denver

2006- Throws 3 picks vs Chargers and gets baiiled out. Loses 18 point halftime lead and throws pick to end the game

2007- Mediocre game vs Chargers. Only puts up 14 vs an average Giants defense despite having the record for most points scored ever.

2009- Lays an egg vs Baltimore at home

2010- Repeats the previous years performance vs the Jets at home

2011- Only puts up 17 points vs Giants and throws a critical 4th quarter INT

2012- Awful game vs Baltimore

2013- Gets outplayed by Manning and misses crucial deep balls to open receivers

The offense averaged 17.8 PPG in those 8 losses"

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...formances.html

The media will never acknowledge it though - man crush too large. Once they set their narratives they can't be changed.
The funny thing is, if you look at his Super Bowl years he was pretty mediocre in those runs also. 2004 was the only one where he really played great.

So now its going to be about Brady's whole body of work including the regular season. But if we're going to do this for Brady then we have to do it for Peyton and include his 5 mother****in MVP's to Brady's 2. The Legacy definitely took a hit yesterday