The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #51
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
all this true and well expressed.
But only champs EGO stands in the way of him moving to a role where he can HELP the D and not be a detrament. if he insists on being a cover corner, going man on man without assistance, then he will be TARGETED and his presence on the field will HURT the team !
I would rather see champ on the siodeline with his ego and reputation keeping him company and out of harms way.
if he would face reality and move to free safety, his experience, ball skills, savvy and tackling skills wouls HELP our D. but champ has to see the reality, he is the only one that can impliment the move.
I think Champ was hoping that his injury would heal and he would somehow magically regain speed that he lost over the last few years. The truth is hard to face for some and he truly WAS elite. But the real truth is that time wins...ALWAYS. It has to be embarrassing to get beat by guys you know could not have done it two years ago. And his embarrassment has to be a bitter, bitter pill. He is blaming the injury , but in truth he was playing poorly in camp and pre-season too.

He can still probably help this team.....probably next year....but he will no longer be paid as an elite defender, and he can no longer call his own shots. If he does not want to move to safety ( next year) or cannot beat out the other players we have ( next year) then it truly is time for him to go. This, ( his position and his contract) needs to be addressed before the draft next year.

DRC is better. Harris is better. Right now even Jammer is better ( because he is healthier) . And Webster is going to be very, very good when he has more experience. And right now getting Webster more experience is better than having Champ in the secondary.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #52
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I think Champ was hoping that his injury would heal and he would somehow magically regain speed that he lost over the last few years. The truth is hard to face for some and he truly WAS elite. But the real truth is that time wins...ALWAYS. It has to be embarrassing to get beat by guys you know could not have done it two years ago. And his embarrassment has to be a bitter, bitter pill. He is blaming the injury , but in truth he was playing poorly in camp and pre-season too.

He can still probably help this team.....probably next year....but he will no longer be paid as an elite defender, and he can no longer call his own shots. If he does not want to move to safety ( next year) or cannot beat out the other players we have ( next year) then it truly is time for him to go. This, ( his position and his contract) needs to be addressed before the draft next year.

DRC is better. Harris is better. Right now even Jammer is better ( because he is healthier) . And Webster is going to be very, very good when he has more experience. And right now getting Webster more experience is better than having Champ in the secondary.
truth.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #53
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
all this true and well expressed.
But only champs EGO stands in the way of him moving to a role where he can HELP the D and not be a detrament. if he insists on being a cover corner, going man on man without assistance, then he will be TARGETED and his presence on the field will HURT the team !
I would rather see champ on the siodeline with his ego and reputation keeping him company and out of harms way.
if he would face reality and move to free safety, his experience, ball skills, savvy and tackling skills wouls HELP our D. but champ has to see the reality, he is the only one that can impliment the move.
You have been making some more coherent posts lately, but this is obviously not one of them.

The coaches make all the personnel decisions and they play our best players each week. Your comments about Champ's ego are 100% misplaced, ridiculous, and ignorant. You honestly know very little about the behind the scenes personnel decisions (as we all do). Your comments are honestly defamatory and slanderous.

I don't care if Champ's career is done, but I don't need to listen to your asinine posts about his ego. It's rude as hell.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #54
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

I have met champ. I know about his ego first hand.
for YEARS he has seen fit to fall down when beat by a double move instead of allowing others to see him being beat. champ was TWICE asked by NOLAN to move to safety, he refused.
I wont change the minds of champ lovers with their multiple champ jerseys, I know that is an exercise in futility. But I have always seen champ for what he is his strengths AND his weaknesses.
champ was never caught from behind by a TE because he was watching himself on the jumbo tron. that NEVER happened.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #55
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
You have been making some more coherent posts lately, but this is obviously not one of them.

The coaches make all the personnel decisions and they play our best players each week. Your comments about Champ's ego are 100% misplaced, ridiculous, and ignorant. You honestly know very little about the behind the scenes personnel decisions (as we all do). Your comments are honestly defamatory and slanderous.

I don't care if Champ's career is done, but I don't need to listen to your asinine posts about his ego. It's rude as hell.
check out some ostrich videos.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #56
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Right now all this Champ to safety talk doesn't even make the slightest sense. He can't even stay on the field. He was in there today but I didn't see him on the field much in the 2nd half. He probably got hurt again.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #57
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
I have met champ. I know about his ego first hand.
for YEARS he has seen fit to fall down when beat by a double move instead of allowing others to see him being beat. champ was TWICE asked by NOLAN to move to safety, he refused.
I wont change the minds of champ lovers with their multiple champ jerseys, I know that is an exercise in futility. But I have always seen champ for what he is his strengths AND his weaknesses.
champ was never caught from behind by a TE because he was watching himself on the jumbo tron. that NEVER happened.
You keep stating your unproven opinions as fact.

1. I don't care if you have met Champ Bailey, even if it's true it has nothing to do with his ability to play CB. It just doesn't, no matter how "in the know" you pretend to be.
2. Prove your Mike Nolan statement.
3. Prove to me that Mike Nolan is still more relevant than Champ Bailey.
4. Where are these "falls" you are referring to? I've watched every snap of Broncos football since Champ was traded to Denver, and I just don't remember him being a guy that falls down.
5. Are you seriously going back to the Champ INT return in the 2006 playoff game vs the Patriots that changed the game and sent us to the AFC championship? You remember that play as a failure? You might very well be insane.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #58
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
You might very well be insane.
Might?
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote