The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 539
Default OT-CBC in April

Just found out I get to be part of the team representing the company I work for at the Craft Brewer's Conference in Denver this April. It's been so long since I've been to Denver, I'm really excited! Hopefully I can take a tour of SAF @ Mile High and see our 3 Lombardis.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

You would be disappointed, The Lombardi's are located at corporate headquarter in Dove Valley.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,800

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
You would be disappointed, The Lombardi's are located at corporate headquarter in Dove Valley.
! He won't know. He will be drunk from all the craft brew tastings.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
You would be disappointed, The Lombardi's are located at corporate headquarter in Dove Valley.
Good call, I was trying to keep it somewhat on topic and I failed. Thanks for keeping me in line.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,881

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
Just found out I get to be part of the team representing the company I work for at the Craft Brewer's Conference in Denver this April. It's been so long since I've been to Denver, I'm really excited! Hopefully I can take a tour of SAF @ Mile High and see our 3 Lombardis.
I was just preparing to grill you about where you got 3 Lombardis from, and then realized you're a better fan than me.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #6
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
Good call, I was trying to keep it somewhat on topic and I failed. Thanks for keeping me in line.
Its off season mode now, no worries.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #7
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
Its off season mode now, no worries.
Yeah I know, at least I tagged it OT right? Feel free to move/delete, no worries
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,026

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
You would be disappointed, The Lombardi's are located at corporate headquarter in Dove Valley.
Yup, guarded by sharks with laser beams
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,326

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

You don't want to go to SAF@MH anyhow, they would make you sit down and not be excited about the trophies.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #10
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,826

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

So how does one go about getting a job in the craft brewing industry?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #11
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,827

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Last time I saw them was at the Bronco Store at Mile High during the AFCCG against Pittsburg.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:21 AM   #12
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
So how does one go about getting a job in the craft brewing industry?
It's a big industry, what part do you want to get in on? I work in manufacturing, we design and build custom cellar and brewhouse equipment.

If you want to get into brewing I think there are people on this board with a lot more expertise than I have. Brewer and BFDD, for example.

Then there's always sales, marketing, distribution, farming (hops, barley...etc), biology (yeast strains), packaging, maintenance... kind of a long list.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:23 AM   #13
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
You don't want to go to SAF@MH anyhow, they would make you sit down and not be excited about the trophies.
I've seen a lot of comments like this lately. I haven't been to a home game in years, is it really that bad now? I'm a very loud, never sit down kinda fan and SAF sounds like you're watching a football game in church.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #14
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,326

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
I've seen a lot of comments like this lately. I haven't been to a home game in years, is it really that bad now? I'm a very loud, never sit down kinda fan and SAF sounds like you're watching a football game in church.
I was mocking really, I personally have never had this experience but there have been reports that the majority of the stadium is like that. I can't confirm it, but I personally think it's bull****.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #15
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,826

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
It's a big industry, what part do you want to get in on? I work in manufacturing, we design and build custom cellar and brewhouse equipment.

If you want to get into brewing I think there are people on this board with a lot more expertise than I have. Brewer and BFDD, for example.

Then there's always sales, marketing, distribution, farming (hops, barley...etc), biology (yeast strains), packaging, maintenance... kind of a long list.
there's a lot of ways I could go. I'm a mechanical engineer so I could definitely get into designing brewhouse equipment, but I'm also a homebrewer working on upping my game.

my general plan right now is to keep on doing what i'm doing until my kids are out of the house (10-12 years from now), at which point I want to get into brewing full-time - or at least the brewing industry. I want the end of my professional career to be something more fun than what I'm doing now.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 AM   #16
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,881

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I was mocking really, I personally have never had this experience but there have been reports that the majority of the stadium is like that. I can't confirm it, but I personally think it's bull****.
It is 85% bull****. Not to say that there's zero difference from section to section. But I've sat in a fairly wide array of places over the last decade. And I stand and scream most of the time, especially on defense.

Only time I've ever had a less than great time was on Club level, and then another time a long time ago involving two Steelers fans and a black and gold flag.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #17
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,326

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It is 85% bull****. Not to say that there's zero difference from section to section. But I've sat in a fairly wide array of places over the last decade. And I stand and scream most of the time, especially on defense.

Only time I've ever had a less than great time was on Club level, and then another time a long time ago involving two Steelers fans and a black and gold flag.
No question, no question at all that there are some fans that act that way. Club level just isn't worth it, and I hope that flag ended up elsewhere
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #18
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
there's a lot of ways I could go. I'm a mechanical engineer so I could definitely get into designing brewhouse equipment, but I'm also a homebrewer working on upping my game.

my general plan right now is to keep on doing what i'm doing until my kids are out of the house (10-12 years from now), at which point I want to get into brewing full-time - or at least the brewing industry. I want the end of my professional career to be something more fun than what I'm doing now.
It's interesting to me how many MEs are brewers. The head brewer at the last brewery project I worked on had a BS in Mechanical Engineering. It definitely makes me wonder what it would be like to work on the other side of things. My last semester AB was hiring a bunch of MEs right out of school to work as brewers in various locations across the country. I'm thankful I didn't get that job, I absolutely love what I'm doing now. Like you, I'd like to finish my career brewing...preferably for myself.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #19
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,826

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
It's interesting to me how many MEs are brewers. The head brewer at the last brewery project I worked on had a BS in Mechanical Engineering. It definitely makes me wonder what it would be like to work on the other side of things. My last semester AB was hiring a bunch of MEs right out of school to work as brewers in various locations across the country. I'm thankful I didn't get that job, I absolutely love what I'm doing now. Like you, I'd like to finish my career brewing...preferably for myself.
ME is a very broad discipline. two topics that fall under the ME umbrella are heat transfer and fluid dynamics. Process control is closely related, if not purely mechanical.

outside of the chemistry, the entire wort production process is mechanical - flow through pipes, working with different types of pumps, heating/cooling, etc.

Unfortunately, this is not my area of expertise. I do mostly plastics and sheet-metal and only have vague memories of all of my fluids classes.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Denver Broncos