The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default Time to Eat Crow Chiefs fans

Now before i start, this IS NOT a thread for Chiefs fans to eat crow and say the Chiefs stink now. In all reality, they are a pretty good team.

This thread IS ABOUT Chiefs fans eating crow for comparing their Defense to the 2000 Ravens defense when they dont even belong in the same conversation. Not too long ago, Chiefs fans on the OMANE were saying their defense compared to the 2000 Ravens in this link on thread #264:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...112641&page=11

They had total disregard for the teams they played, and the several rookie 3rd string QBs they faced throughout the year that skewed their defensive stats and they need to ADMIT THIS. They are not even the best Defense in the NFL this year. They are 2nd in PPG allowed, 12th in YPG allowed, 20th in Rush YPG allowed and 9th in Pass YPG allowed. The Carolina Panthers have the best Defense in the league this year.

For your punishment, you will have to write sentences just like in Elementary school. You will post these sentances 3 times in the replies below. You can copy and paste mine if you want.

1) The Chief defense does not belong in the same conversation as the 2000 Ravens. Chiefs defensive statistics were skewed because of several backup QB's as well as several 3rd string rookie QB's.

2) The Chief defense does not belong in the same conversation as the 2000 Ravens. Chiefs defensive statistics were skewed because of several backup QB's as well as several 3rd string rookie QB's.

3) The Chief defense does not belong in the same conversation as the 2000 Ravens. Chiefs defensive statistics were skewed because of several backup QB's as well as several 3rd string rookie QB's.

Now post these sentences 3 times as your punishment. If you do this we now think you are actually smart football fans.
Peoples Champ is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

There's like six of these threads. And there isn't a single Chief fan who is going to do what you want.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There's like six of these threads. And there isn't a single Chief fan who is going to do what you want.

Because they can't count that high?

They should be use to the number three.....it's the talent level of all but one of the qbs they have played this year.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Now before i start, this IS NOT a thread for Chiefs fans to eat crow and say the Chiefs stink now. In all reality, they are a pretty good team.

This thread IS ABOUT Chiefs fans eating crow for comparing their Defense to the 2000 Ravens defense when they dont even belong in the same conversation. Not too long ago, Chiefs fans on the OMANE were saying their defense compared to the 2000 Ravens in this link on thread #264:

They had total disregard for the teams they played, and the several rookie 3rd string QBs they faced throughout the year that skewed their defensive stats and they need to ADMIT THIS. They are not even the best Defense in the NFL this year. They are 2nd in PPG allowed, 12th in YPG allowed, 20th in Rush YPG allowed and 9th in Pass YPG allowed. The Carolina Panthers have the best Defense in the league this year.

For your punishment, you will have to write sentences just like in Elementary school. You will post these sentances 3 times in the replies below. You can copy and paste mine if you want.

1) The Chief defense does not belong in the same conversation as the 2000 Ravens. Chiefs defensive statistics were skewed because of several backup QB's as well as several 3rd string rookie QB's.

2) The Chief defense does not belong in the same conversation as the 2000 Ravens. Chiefs defensive statistics were skewed because of several backup QB's as well as several 3rd string rookie QB's.

3) The Chief defense does not belong in the same conversation as the 2000 Ravens. Chiefs defensive statistics were skewed because of several backup QB's as well as several 3rd string rookie QB's.

Now post these sentences 3 times as your punishment. If you do this we now think you are actually smart football fans.

Your avatar is one of the funniest things to happen to comedy in the 90s.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

they already eat crow, skunk, possum and all other forms of roadkill.
when a crow hits a windsheild its like pheasant under glass to these hillbillies.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Most won't eat crow until after the game in KC.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

....they need to let this one marinate.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
/agree ... And plus I feed on their misguided aspirations of glory.

It's cute.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #9
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post

Really?!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Really?!
please forgive my ignorance, who is the man in the apple siloutte of your avatar?
Old 11-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #11
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Really?!
please forgive my ignorance, who is the man in the apple siloutte of your avatar?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #12
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
Gandhi
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
ya sorry, i guess i didnt see any thread talking about their fans saying their defense is as good as the 2000 Ravens. I found that laughable.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #14
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Gandhi
I found it quite comical that "ghandi" appeared next to your picture of jack in one of his less than ghandi roles!
sweet irony.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #15
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I actually never compared our D to the Ravens, but I will do my duty because I know homers have been annoying you. The Chiefs are a good team, but no better than the 1995 Chiefs. Did you know some of our pathetic fans actually thought this team could win a playoff game?

So, to atone for those sins, I now offer penance.

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

The biggest problem the chiefs have is Andy Ried and his offense. The defense had talent already, everyone knew if they were healthy and coached right a defense with 3 pro bowlers and other good young players should do well in the NFL. Ried was brought in to turn the offense around and he isn't doing it. The passing game is anemic and looks nothing like it should.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I actually never compared our D to the Ravens, but I will do my duty because I know homers have been annoying you. The Chiefs are a good team, but no better than the 1995 Chiefs. Did you know some of our pathetic fans actually thought this team could win a playoff game?

So, to atone for those sins, I now offer penance.

I now applaud Bob and will limit my making fun of him on the OMANE. One of the more respected Chiefs fans on the OMANE.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The biggest problem the chiefs have is the defense had talent already. Everyone knew if they were healthy and coached right a defense with 3 pro bowlers and other good young players should do well in the NFL. Ried was brought in to turn the offense around and he isn't doing it. The passing game is anemic and looks nothing like it should.
You're asking Reid to work a miracle.

Alex Smith has never led an offense that scored more than 22 PPG.

The Chiefs offensive line is really bad, too. 3 of the 5 starters are playing at poverty levels.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
You're asking Reid to work a miracle.

Alex Smith has never led an offense that scored more than 22 PPG.
Yes but Reid must have had a huge say in Smith coming to KC. In fact he has went on record about how excited he was to be able to sign him right? No doubt about it Ried is attached at the hip to Ried now. They will finish too high in the standing to get another great pick next yr. Smith will have to be your QB most likely for 3 yrs dude!

Seriously if Reid ****ed that up and drafted a tackle instead of a QB when they had the chance, then it's on him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #20
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Reid has drafted QB's later in the draft that turned out at least serviceable. Foles was a third round pick.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #21
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Reid may end up being right that Alex was the best option compared to Geno, Manuel and Glennon.

He also needs to be right about what happens going forward though. It's clear to me we have to begin to move away from Alex if he doesn't improve in 2014.

The guy is almost dead last in yards per attempt and completion. That's bad.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #22
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

alex, how many turnovers?
thats why he is the ideal QB for the defense foundation cheifs.
He showed great mobility and good judgement all game long.

I recall seeing some questionable performance on the other end of his passes.

alex smith is very low on the priority list of things that need to be fixed in KC !
Bob, reid ran the ball less than 20 times!
that is going to be the KCC problem going forward! you have a pass junkie for a HC. he is going to diminish the effectiveness of jamaal charles.
you had smith throwing more passes than PFM...hello?
Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Reid may end up being right that Alex was the best option compared to Geno, Manuel and Glennon.

He also needs to be right about what happens going forward though. It's clear to me we have to begin to move away from Alex if he doesn't improve in 2014.

The guy is almost dead last in yards per attempt and completion. That's bad.
I still thought he played decently last game. His guys dropped a couple of catchable longer passes. Not suggesting i think he's the answer, but he's not completely incompetent either.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #24
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

alex, how many turnovers?
thats why he is the ideal QB for the defense foundation cheifs.
He showed great mobility and good judgement all game long.

I recall seeing some questionable performance on the other end of his passes.

alex smith is very low on the priority list of things that need to be fixed in KC !
Bob, reid ran the ball less than 20 times!
that is going to be the KCC problem going forward! you have a pass junkie for a HC. he is going to diminish the effectiveness of jamaal charles.
you had smith throwing more passes than PFM...hello?
did jamaal catch a single pass?
dexter mccluster under-utilized.
first issue for your O is playcalling and effective use of your personnel.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #25
Gelding Horse
Chefs Fan

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The QB class of 2013 was very weak and still shows to be that way. In fact, I think the Chiefs may have gotten the best one in the undrafted Tyler Bray. He certainly has the physical tools and if his frontal lobe develops to that of an average 15 year old, we may just have something. I for one love the pick of Eric Fisher, I think a mid-major O-lineman has a little more of an adjustment than your typical SEC stud.
Gelding Horse is offline   Reply With Quote