The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which conference is the best?
The NFC is still the best across the board. It's early and time will show this. 1 4.55%
THE NFC is stronger at the top, but it is close. 6 27.27%
The AFC has more teams on the rise and they will emerge superior by season's end. 7 31.82%
8 of 10 Superbowls. The AFC is the superior conference. The NFC is overrated. 8 36.36%
The Dave punched Griese's dog while blaming Plummer and Cutler. 4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default AFC VS. NFC after three weeks: 11-3

So for all the blabbing about how supposedly superior that NFC is to the AFC, over three weeks it isn't looking like it's that awesome.

NFC is 3-11 against the AFC. What's more interesting is the AFC is 5-2 on the road, and one of those loses is the Jags, which is a gimme and they may only win one or two games this year.

So is the NFC really the best conference?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

well the NFCE looks like hot garbbage, that's for sure. However, the NFCS is still real good.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

The Colts winning over the 49ers was definitely a statement regarding conference domination. The parity in the NFL is crazy right now. It's hard to say which conference is dominating. I feel there are only two teams in the NFL that look Super Bowl worthy - Broncos and Seahawks.

AFC:
Broncos - Looking great. We'll see how the loss of Clady hurts this team, though.

Bengals - Look like the second best team in the AFC, but I still have little faith in their offense come playoff time.

Houston - I thought they were in the same class as the Broncos until they just got ragdolled by (in my opinion) an awful Ravens team.

New England - Great defense, poor offense. They literally have zero receiving threats right now. Gronk will come back as a threat, but will get double teamed as the other receivers all drop Tommy Terrific's balls. If Amendola can stay healthy (haha) after he gets back, the Patriots might generate some offense.

Steelers - Blow donkey d*#k

Chiefs - mediocre team that will fall back down to earth if they ever play a decent team. Chiefs have a good supporting cast, but will find out why Alex Smith has been a bust his entire career.

Colts - Again, a mediocre team (but has high potential). If they can get on a good run at the right time, they could be the Giants of years past.

Seriously, is there one team in the AFC that scares you at this point? What a joke.

NFC:
Seattle - Looking like a deep playoff contender. Russell Wilson hasn't been too impressive, but has still been good. If that defense and Marshawn Lynch stay healthy, I expect they make it to the Super Bowl. Lord help the NFC if the Seahawks clinch homefield advantage through the playoffs.

Chicago - Looking good. Pulled out a tough win against the Bungles who I think are a good team, and just put a licking on the Steelers like any good team should this year. A dark horse team for sure.

Green Bay - Any time Aaron Rodgers is your QB, you have a shot to go far. This team has been unimpressive so far, though.

Atlanta - Never was good. Their record last year was an aberration for how little talent this team has on O-line and defense. They will be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

San Francisco - They got figured out. With the defense and running game that they have, they are sure missing dink-and-dunk Smith as the game manager this team could thrive around. Kaepernick will beat up on bad teams and continue to crumble against competent defenses.

Saints - Should win the NFC South. Same argument for Drew Brees as Aaron Rodgers.

NFC East - [this page intentionally left blank]

This has been the sloppiest three weeks I have seen from the NFL in awhile. The bad teams are just plain awful and many of the "good" teams are having a hard time beating such awful teams. My Pick 'Em league is in shambles after Week 3.

TLDR; Griese's dog is currently in surgery from being punched in the face by a presumed alcoholic.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

The NFC is completely overrated. 49ers hangover, Seahawks on the road, the Bears gifted 2-3 wins, the entire NFCE, Green Bay.

Falcons don't look any better than last year - they are good, maybe best in the NFC this year. That's it, one team that sort of okay all around.

Also, don't be so generous about the Jags, they will struggle to win one game this year. I have been calling 0-16.

AFC teams I would rate at/above the Falcons: Broncos, Pats, Houston, Ravens, Colts, Dolphins, Bengals.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

AFC:
Broncos - Looking great. We'll see how the loss of Clady hurts this team, though.

Bengals - Look like the second best team in the AFC, but I still have little faith in their offense come playoff time.

Houston - They will always have questions as long as Schaub is their QB

New England - Great defense, poor offense. They literally have zero receiving threats right now. Gronk will come back as a threat, but will get double teamed as the other receivers all drop Tommy Terrific's balls. If Amendola can stay healthy (haha) after he gets back, the Patriots might generate some offense.

Chiefs - mediocre team that will fall back down to earth if they play a decent team. Chiefs have a good supporting cast, but will find out why Alex Smith has been a bust his entire career.

Colts - Again, a mediocre team (but has high potential). If they can get on a good run at the right time, they could be the Giants of years past.

Dolphins-A young team on the rise, but ultimately will be judge by the play of their QB

B-more- The Defending champs will not go away. They have rebuilt their roster and I expect them to be in the playoffs.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Interesting topic for the podcast.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
AFC:

Houston - They will always have questions as long as Schaub is their QB

Chiefs - mediocre team that will fall back down to earth if they play a decent team. Chiefs have a good supporting cast, but will find out why Alex Smith has been a bust his entire career.

Dolphins-A young team on the rise, but ultimately will be judge by the play of their QB

B-more- The Defending champs will not go away. They have rebuilt their roster and I expect them to be in the playoffs.
Good call including Miami, and yes Schaub is a huge question mark on that Houston team.

I doubt the Ravens make the playoffs this year. The Bengals will win the AFC North, and the two wildcard teams will be two of: Patriots/Dolphins, Indy/Houston, KFC, Ravens. I think the two wildcard teams will come from the AFC East and AFC South. It might be my blind hatred for the ratbirds, but I think they are a bad team this year.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Way too small a sample size to this point. The surprising teams have new HC's and/or new scheme's like KC, CHI, MIA. Teams that have lost close games like ATL, GB, and even CAR are better than their records indicate at this point.

I think we will know a lot more in 3 weeks about who is for real and who is a scheme poser to this point...
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

I think we will know a lot more in 3 weeks about who is for real and who is a scheme poser to this point...

there are some NFL team equivalents of this:
Old 09-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
there are some NFL team equivalents of this:
that looks a lot like an Eagirl fan
Old 09-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
that looks a lot like an Eagirl fan
An appropriate comparison given the analogy that Med used.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
An appropriate comparison given the analogy that Med used.
bingo
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

lol steelers

Old 09-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #14
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
lol steelers

I like how Briggs lays out #27 after Ben doesn't throw him the ball. LMAO
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #15
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Perfect timing for this thread after the 49ers and Packers had bad games. Neither conference is superior. The Broncos before the Clady injury were the favorites to win the Super Bowl followed by Seattle, San Francisco and Green Bay. The Broncos are still the AFC favorites followed by New England and Houston. It's close at the top, but the AFC has worse teams at the bottom.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #16
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I like how Briggs lays out #27 after Ben doesn't throw him the ball. LMAO
Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #17
Arkie
Ring of Famer

NFC took the overall lead and seems to have more playoff caliber teams

ODDS TO WIN 2014 SUPER BOWL XLVIII
Tier 1 - Even at the top. I would give the slight edge to the Seahawks.
Denver Broncos 7/2
Seattle Seahawks 7/2
New England Patriots 6/1
New Orleans Saints 8/1

Tier 2 - Advantage NFC
Carolina Panthers 12/1
San Francisco 49ers 15/1

Cincinnati Bengals 20/1
Kansas City Chiefs 28/1

Tier 3 - Advantage NFC; some of these teams will miss the playoffs, but Colts are almost a lock to make the playoffs in the weaker AFC.
Dallas Cowboys 35/1
Indianapolis Colts 40/1
Detroit Lions 40/1
Green Bay Packers 45/1
Philadelphia Eagles 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 60/1
Old 11-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #18
Arkie
Ring of Famer

I brought this up to show the skewed examples of small sample sizes. This thread was based off 14 interconference games. All the hysteria over Manning's cold play was based off 11 games.