The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #51
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Screw that noise
Turnovers are why we lost....again
We have the best record in the league but somehow are negative in the turnover department; that is a recipe for failure in the postseason

Put his butt on the bench the rest of the year and give Anderson more carries

We need Moreno fresh for the playoffs

Ball can contribue next year or if Anderson and Moreno get hurt
Anderson is a HUGE liability. He doesn't know his plays outside blocking, running a flat, and running into the correct hole.

He's a good change of pace back when Moreno or Ball can't go.
Ratboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #52
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I agree with benching big time. If a guy gets yanked and he feels a little more timid next time he's in and scared to mess up, sorry but that's not the guy you want on your team in the first place. Moreno was benched and deactivated for almost an entire season last year and look what it did for him. Sometimes you have to take things away from these guys to truly get their attention. Moreno is a totally different player now. And I don't buy that crap about not being as aggressive as before. Moreno is as aggressive as you can get, during his runs and even trying to get up after a tackle.

Now in this case, I think you don't have a choice. You can't work 1 back until you break him just because you want the other guy to learn something. Moving forward, I practice CJ as the starter all week. Let him and Manning work together in practice. Sends message to Ball that his fumbling problem will not be tolerated at this level. It's not ****ing rocket science dude. Hold on to the GD football.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #53
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
The few bursts I've seen from Ball in the last several games have been really encouraging. You absolutely cannot give up fumbles, but I agree that pulling any good RB after one fumble is not the best way to instill confidence. I think you maybe pull them from a series, have a chat about holding the rock, give a little encouragement, then send them back out there. If they fumble twice in a game, then you've got a serious problem.
I agree pulling the back after 1 fumble is a bad move, but when it is showing to be habit what option is there? Ball has had a season where he fumbles the ball quite a bit. Until he shows a change in that he should get pulled in favor of someone else who might hang onto the rock.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #54
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Screw that noise
Turnovers are why we lost....again
We have the best record in the league but somehow are negative in the turnover department; that is a recipe for failure in the postseason

Put his butt on the bench the rest of the year and give Anderson more carries

We need Moreno fresh for the playoffs

Ball can contribue next year or if Anderson and Moreno get hurt
We killed a chance to drive for the winning score by running twice with KM when he was finished. I could even understand keeping him out there as a decoy, but calling his number twice after how he came off the field?

If they wanted to run, they should've had the best legs on the field. Gotta open the doghouse gate in that scenario. No idea why JDR didn't do it.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #55
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

**** all this, up 24-0 you do not lose and if the game gets close you line up and beat the guy in front of you.

We played physical in the first half and created some points but after that we played like a bunch of pussies, except for Moreno of course.

Broncos should be ashamed of theirsef.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #56
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
**** all this, up 24-0 you do not lose and if the game gets close you line up and beat the guy in front of you.

We played physical in the first half and created some points but after that we played like a bunch of pussies, except for Moreno of course.

Theirsef is just awesome.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #57
Jay3
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'd get rid of a player that had too much fumble-itus (as in, off the roster), but I don't think the in-game benching is a good idea.
Jay3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #58
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Anderson is a HUGE liability. He doesn't know his plays outside blocking, running a flat, and running into the correct hole.

Why is he a good change of pace back when Moreno or Ball can't go, but not when a player is ****ing up? He may be a liability but Ball is becoming the HUGE liability. Personally I think Ball really makes the effort not too, but the fact he still does, sometimes it's time for the hard nose lesson. I'd prefer a RB that can't get as many yards to one that gives those yards to the opposing team
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #59
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

I agree with Del Rio. Denver loses more fumbles than every team in the NFL. You fumble you need to sit your ass on the bench.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #60
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

at fans who scream "Cut that mother ****er...." after they fumble, wondering if benching them for fumbling is a good idea or not.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #61
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post

Wow, earlier this season I was told by several people on here who own TV's that Anderson was the only RB we had that ran with vision, balance and power
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #62
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
This fumbling issue is just as much on Studesville than it is on Ball and Hillman at this point.

It's an epidemic and they're clearly not prepared/unequipped to properly carry the football.
I think you might be right. Studesville is responsible for the entire RB group. If it was just one guy, then it would be on that guy, but when it's the group, then much of that is on the coach. Also, McGahee had a fumbling problem also.

Can't do anything about it now, but Bobby Turner may be available after the season. Just saying...
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #63
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Don't take care of the ball, you don't play. It's that simple. Whatever it's going to take for it to get through Hillman and Ball's head, hopefully sitting out does it. As a player drafted as high as these guys, they can take it two ways… they can sulk and not improve or they can focus and get better, like Tiki Barber did with the Giants.

No more damn fumbles. Tired of watching this team drop catchable balls and put the ground on the turf. If we don't beat ourselves, we don't lose.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #64
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Wow, earlier this season I was told by several people on here who own TV's that Anderson was the only RB we had that ran with vision, balance and power
I remember that thread. Touché. Because clearly, one meaningless game against mostly guys that are no longer in the league is proof of his awesomeness.

I hope CJ becomes a star for us, but he just isn't there yet; nowhere close.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #65
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I think you might be right. Studesville is responsible for the entire RB group. If it was just one guy, then it would be on that guy, but when it's the group, then much of that is on the coach. Also, McGahee had a fumbling problem also.

Can't do anything about it now, but Bobby Turner may be available after the season. Just saying...
I was starting to think that same thing myself. Ultimately it does come down to the player however. You can coach em up till your blue in the face, but some guys just can't seem to focus on holding the ball correctly. Ultimately that is your #1 job as a RB. To get the hand off clean and keep the rock safe. Some guys it takes benching or being inactive to get the message, just like it did for KM. Others, like McGahee, they get cut. Rookie or not, Ball will not have too many more chances if he keeps it up. But, as you mentioned, I don't think it would hurt to look into how Turner is coaching this particular area.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #66
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Lets all hope the reps on the PS is doing Hillman the same world of good it did Moreno.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #67
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Don't take care of the ball, you don't play. It's that simple. Whatever it's going to take for it to get through Hillman and Ball's head, hopefully sitting out does it. As a player drafted as high as these guys, they can take it two ways… they can sulk and not improve or they can focus and get better, like Tiki Barber did with the Giants.

No more damn fumbles. Tired of watching this team drop catchable balls and put the ground on the turf. If we don't beat ourselves, we don't lose.
Todays players don't care they get payed regardless
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #68
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
This fumbling issue is just as much on Studesville than it is on Ball and Hillman at this point.

It's an epidemic and they're clearly not prepared/unequipped to properly carry the football.
I tend to agree. Don't think its a motivational issue, rather a technique/skill issue.
orinjkrush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #69
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

At this level these guys should know how to take a handoff and hold on to the ball. They already have had so much coaching.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #70
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
At this level these guys should know how to take a handoff and hold on to the ball. They already have had so much coaching.
I agree with this, thats why I say it is the uncertainty in the minds of CJ, ball, who dont know the plays, that is the leading cause of these fumbles.
not just last weeks mis-haps.
BALL was a model of ball security in college.
CJ, that botched hand-off was high in his chest, partly a cold, shivering PFM's fault.

KM cleaned up his act, the rest of these clowns need to do the same !
protect the ball/ protect manning, its the reason why KM is the starter !
figure it out wanna-bees !
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #71
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

If those guys didn't fumble the ball they wouldn't have to worry about. The issue with fumble benching in this case is that Hillball isn't getting the message.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #72
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Todays players don't care they get payed regardless
I dont think that applies to ANY of our running backs!
good luck saying the same about CHAMP !
Old 11-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #73
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
If those guys didn't fumble the ball they wouldn't have to worry about. The issue with fumble benching in this case is that Hillball isn't getting the message.
at this point a benching cant be about punishment. it has to be more about, "sorry kid, we dont trust you' !
thats why this coaching staff NEED to find somebody new to faircatch our punts !
unless JDR wants his own heart attack too !
Old 11-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #74
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
The person I feel bad for, is Anderson. Manning botched the handoff, and Anderson took all the blame...
Bingo. He had a nice run off the bat too. The first replay showed a bad handoff and the coaches up in the box had to have seen it too.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #75
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

Someone hacked this account.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote