The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default This is the Best Offense we've faced all year.

And the 2nd best in the AFC...It'll be a good test for the Defense. Can we force a turnover or 3,, will probably be the deciding factor. Going by the last month, Peyton may just have to put up a 50 spot to make it out of Mile High with a win.

Edit: we beat the Eagles who are #2 in offense, but theyre much better now with Foles than Vick.

Last edited by ATL-Eric; 12-12-2013 at 03:56 PM..
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It seem when there is a shoot predicted, it is rarely the case
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Denver just needs to keep the pressure on them, don't turn the ball over and hold tight on special teams. If we can do that, we should roll. Chargers are not a great team. Solid offense but pressure will get to Rivers eventually.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Phillips has been invisible the past few weeks. Need him to show up tonight.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Denver just needs to keep the pressure on them, don't turn the ball over and hold tight on special teams. If we can do that, we should roll. Chargers are not a great team. Solid offense but pressure will get to Rivers eventually.
We rarely get pressure anymore, we have Caldwell catching kicks, Ball is due and the Chargers have been in every game ,, but we have Peyton so I'll still take us.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
It seem when there is a shoot predicted, it is rarely the case
... unless the Broncos are involved.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

We just need to take our chances and we'll be ok. The losing of this game would be in stupid turnovers or special teams ****ups. Rivers will score against us and he will a few times. But i doubt he will each and every time and they've had redzone issues as well as McCoy. Put up 42 points, they're not matching that unless we gift them a few.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

This is also the best offense the Chargers have ever faced in their history as a franchise. We have shown last week that we are done laying down when we have a lead. Blowout.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
This is also the best offense the Chargers have ever faced in their history as a franchise. We have shown last week that we are done laying down when we have a lead. Blowout.
On the same token it's the worst defence they've put out in recent memory. We need to punish this. They'll come out hard though, but we came out hard against them in 2010 and they weathered it. This is a similar level mismatch
Old 12-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #10
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

I would like to see the Broncos hold the opponent to less than 17 points at least once before the postseason begins. San Diego scored 20 on us last month but everybody else except Kansas City has scored more. I doubt any team has ever given up at least that many points in every game and went on to win the Super Bowl.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yardage wise not point wise. Our defense is gonna have to steput up
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #12
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yikes
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Our defense is bottom 3 in the league and now I'm calling out the coaches.

Kayvon Webster on Keenan Allen...their number 1 receiver. Brilliant. Del Rio can leave at the end of the year in favor of someone with a brain and I'm all good with it.

We need to COMPLETELY re-tool the defense. ST coaching...WHY is it that we CONSTANTLY fair catch inside or around the 5 yard line?? (especially when no one is around..OMG). That isn't just on Trindon being ****ing ignorant at some point a coach has to say...Ya know...here is how you play football. OMG...so sick of seeing this **** every week!
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Del Rio has been a ****ing joke all season, i don't know what the hell has happened.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #15
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Del Rio has been a ****ing joke all season, i don't know what the hell has happened.
We didn't score 40.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The websters and the lennons of the world just can't get it done. Half of our starters on D shouldn't be starters
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #17
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Del Rio has been a ****ing joke all season, i don't know what the hell has happened
This is an excellent question. What the hell has happened?

What are the key differences from this years and last years defense?

Champ Bailey was really good last year until the calendar turned. But DRC has probably been just as good when he's played. That's a wash.

Chris Harris hasn't been as good, but he's been placed outside more often than last year. And whatever crap they have put out there at the 3rd corner (Webster, Jammer) have not outplayed Carter in 2012 before the calendar turned.

Obviously Von has not been as good; has had about 1/5 as many 'wow' moments as last year.

Elvis is gone. It was supposed to make their run defense better. It hasn't.

Big Vick injury. Good god has this been devostating. All of a sudden Woodyard went from a good MLB to being too undersized to play in the middle. Yeesh.

Rahim Moore. I take back everything I said about you buddy! Praise The Lord if this team can get to the conference championship and you can save our season (no I don't think he can take this much time off and rehab I time to help us)!

Knighton upgrade canceled out by Vick injury and Wolf whatever the ****.

Adams, wash. Duke was too good to be true.

And finally, JDR and Fox need to take plenty of heat for letting the unit fall so far. 4 times tonight they had too many men on the field. Too many times the defense was still pointing fingers and trying to figure things out when the ball was snapped. I just don't remember this last year being a problem. JDR wants a coaching job? At this point, how can you justify bringing him back as defensive coordinator?

Sorry for the brevity; funny thing is I don't blame the defense for this loss.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
This is an excellent question. What the hell has happened?

What are the key differences from this years and last years defense?

Champ Bailey was really good last year until the calendar turned. But DRC has probably been just as good when he's played. That's a wash.

Chris Harris hasn't been as good, but he's been placed outside more often than last year. And whatever crap they have put out there at the 3rd corner (Webster, Jammer) have not outplayed Carter in 2012 before the calendar turned.

Obviously Von has not been as good; has had about 1/5 as many 'wow' moments as last year.

Elvis is gone. It was supposed to make their run defense better. It hasn't.

Big Vick injury. Good god has this been devostating. All of a sudden Woodyard went from a good MLB to being too undersized to play in the middle. Yeesh.

Rahim Moore. I take back everything I said about you buddy! Praise The Lord if this team can get to the conference championship and you can save our season (no I don't think he can take this much time off and rehab I time to help us)!

Knighton upgrade canceled out by Vick injury and Wolf whatever the ****.

Adams, wash. Duke was too good to be true.

And finally, JDR and Fox need to take plenty of heat for letting the unit fall so far. 4 times tonight they had too many men on the field. Too many times the defense was still pointing fingers and trying to figure things out when the ball was snapped. I just don't remember this last year being a problem. JDR wants a coaching job? At this point, how can you justify bringing him back as defensive coordinator?

Sorry for the brevity; funny thing is I don't blame the defense for this loss.
That was a fantastic take until the last sentence. This loss is on the defense for keeping the ball in Rivers hands and not Peyton's. If they aren't going to force a pick 6 or TO which they didn't do then they failed.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #19
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
That was a fantastic take until the last sentence. This loss is on the defense for keeping the ball in Rivers hands and not Peyton's. If they aren't going to force a pick 6 or TO which they didn't do then they failed.
Good point.

Forgot to mention Jim Leonard and Keith Brooking. Leonard played sparingly, but at least he was an adult in the secondary and made a few plays downfield.

And Brooking allowed Woodyard to play weakside when on the 34.67383737% snaps they had 3 LBs on the field, and Trevathan could concentrate on underneath coverage in nickel. Now, Trevathan has had his moments, but overpersues constantly, and now he had to handle the signal calls. Now you have two good weakside linebackers with their heads swimming trying to cover for deficiencies they have nothing to do with.

****. The coaching staff is trying to work out preseason bull**** in week 16 of a season where they are supposed to be shoring things up or the playoffs. It is a damn shame, because they have an offense that deserves better.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #20
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Okay. Last one. How can you blame the defense for losing this game when the Broncos have won games where the D was worse than this? I know that is silly reasoning, but the defense seems to be what it is. I don't think Karl Mecklenburg and Steve Atwater are walking through that door. And if they did, they'd probably be flagged for hitting too hard.