The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #76
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Broncos turnovers:

1. Holiday muff punt in Broncos territory
2. Ball fumble in Broncos territory
3. Manning fumble on 3rd down in Broncos territory (he recovered)
4. Manning INT to Decker in Broncos territory
5. CJ Anderson fumble, Manning's fault (he recovered)
6. Manning INT to DT in Broncos territory (luckily called back from penalty)
7. Tony Carter touched punt in Broncos territory

Manning's fault on 4 of those turnovers (Ravens game he was responsible for 3).
So are you saying Manning should get brocked?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #77
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
There were some massive picks, dude. Patriots had to cheat to get back in the game. Del Rio and the refs let them. Of course, who knew the Broncos would have 4 straight drive killing turnovers, followed by a 3 and out, to start the 2nd half.
Every team (including us) runs heavy pick plays and crossing routes vs man. Don't be bitter.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #78
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
price, or anyone else who may have observed the particulars, did the Broncos start out in man and go zone in the 2nd half? And if so, was it to start out the half or was it after the Pats scored on the opening drive? And do you think they did it because of DRC being out or just a more conservative game plan in general?
I believe they went to zone after DRC went down but I could be wrong.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #79
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Every team (including us) runs heavy pick plays and crossing routes vs man. Don't be bitter.
I think there is a big difference between contact within 5 yards of the LOS (Broncos WR screens), and directly blocking defenders 10 yards down field. To my understanding, one is legal, and the other is not. I'm probably wrong.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #80
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I believe they went to zone after DRC went down but I could be wrong.
one thing's for sure, they never covered Gronkowski and repeatedly gave him a free release at the LOS

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #81
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

This post is probably wrong too. 3 in a row. Tic tac toe.

(see what I did price?)
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #82
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

welp, thanks to bronco militia that failed. delete ur post plz.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #83
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
welp, thanks to bronco militia that failed. delete ur post plz.
**** you

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #84
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
So are you saying Manning should get brocked?
Unless Manning gets a little Elway in his veins, this team isn't going anywhere.

Don't look now, but this window is closing REAL fast.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #85
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I think there is a big difference between contact within 5 yards of the LOS (Broncos WR screens), and directly blocking defenders 10 yards down field. To my understanding, one is legal, and the other is not. I'm probably wrong.
Everyone does it.

Yes, there were a few blatant ones that didn't get calls. Yes, we got a few blown calls our way too (esp the Jammer no-PI).

The refs certainly weren't a deciding factor in this game one way or the other.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #86
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
one thing's for sure, they never covered Gronkowski and repeatedly gave him a free release at the LOS

They never covered him with an actual coverage guy. Woodyard was attempting to cover him, or he was in Woody's zone several times. Woodyard failed. I love me some Wesley, but he should not ever be covering a team's biggest offensive weapon.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #87
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Everyone does it.

Yes, there were a few blatant ones that didn't get calls. Yes, we got a few blown calls our way too (esp the Jammer no-PI).

The refs certainly weren't a deciding factor in this game one way or the other.
All I said was Broncos should have matched Pats physicality, not sit back and get dick-whipped.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #88
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I get that we lost, it sucks but last night the way we ran the football that was awesome, they were stacking the box and we still ran it down their throats at times. Knowshon is a stud hands down.

Von Miller hes baaaaaaaaaaaaack, just re-watch the game dude was amazing. I don't think we got to worry about him going forward.

We did what we needed to do in the cold weather, the only thing we did wrong was let them get back in the game but you have to be encouraged by the run game.

Passing game wasn't there like we wanted, but we all know this was an anomaly.

We will be fine . we will likely go 14-2 and get the #1 seed. Pessimistic ***** go somewhere else this thread is about the Broncos bouncing back because they are the best team in the NFL hands down.

BOTTOM LINE - this team is built to win it all and the ONLY thing that will get in our way is ourselves. The only true weak link on this team is offensive turnovers. If we're even slightly better in that department, we're EASILY 11-0 right now. We're starting to really run the ball better. As you mentioned Miller is looking like he did last year and we're getting good pressure. Our defense is solid against the run and gets turnovers. And with a healthy secondary, we're good to decent against the pass.

Seriously, if we can clean up this sloppy turnover problem we have, you can start sizing up the rings. But on the flip side, if we can't seem to get that fixed, it could be another early exit in the playoffs for us. Simple as that.

Last edited by ZONA; 11-26-2013 at 12:06 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #89
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
BOTTOM LINE - this team is built to win it all and the ONLY thing that will get in our way is ourselves. The only true weak link on this team is offensive turnovers. If we're even slightly better in that department, we're EASILY 11-0 right now. We're starting to really run the ball better. As you mentioned Miller is not looking like he did last year and we're getting good pressure. Our defense is solid against the run and gets turnovers. And with a healthy secondary, we're good to decent against the pass.

Seriously, if we can clean up this sloppy turnover problem we have, you can start sizing up the rings. But on the flip side, if we can't seem to get that fixed, it could be another early exit in the playoffs for us. Simple as that.
When did he mention Miller is not looking like he did last year? And did you not watch the Pats game? He was a friggin terror
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #90
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
All I said was Broncos should have matched Pats physicality, not sit back and get dick-whipped.
I couldn't agree more with that. Especially on offense. Can't believe how our much bigger WRs continue to get the **** kicked out of them by little guys.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #91
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
I couldn't agree more with that. Especially on offense. Can't believe how our much bigger WRs continue to get the **** kicked out of them by little guys.
I think DT has done much better in that department, but caught a case of the drops at the worst time.

Decker on the other hand has no excuse.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #92
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I get that we lost, it sucks but last night the way we ran the football that was awesome, they were stacking the box and we still ran it down their throats at times. Knowshon is a stud hands down.

Von Miller hes baaaaaaaaaaaaack, just re-watch the game dude was amazing. I don't think we got to worry about him going forward.

We did what we needed to do in the cold weather, the only thing we did wrong was let them get back in the game but you have to be encouraged by the run game.

We will be fine . we will likely go 14-2 and get the #1 seed. Pessimistic ***** go somewhere else this thread is about the Broncos bouncing back because they are the best team in the NFL hands down.
Agreed, and also the cold weather talk needs to die down. our passing game wasn't off because of the cold, it was off due to the wind, and our receivers playing soft trying to get flags instead of catches.

this team can play with anyone, and minus the numerous injuries this game would have been a win.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #93
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

As disappointing as it was to give up that huge lead, I don't think that happens in Denver and it certainly doesn't happen in warm weather. Then again, do we cause all those fumbles in warm weather?

It was a crazy game. Both teams made lots of crucial mistakes.

What we can be happy about is that even after we got punched in the gut we came back and tied the game up to send it to OT. After they came back, our defense shored up big time and gave us multiple chances to win the game in OT. If it weren't for that unfortunate bounce off of 32's leg we may have come out of there without a loss.

One thing: can we PLEASE stop blaming this one the DRC injury? There were so many things that went wrong that had nothing to do with that. Let's just stop being stupid shall we?

It's a loss, no losses are good and that was as awful as it gets. But it will prove to be good experience for us. We can still control our own destiny and grab the number 1 seed. In fact I would call that likely. We only have to beat KC this weekend and it's almost a sure thing.

Settle down, enjoy thanksgiving, and then enjoy the feast on KC.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #94
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
As disappointing as it was to give up that huge lead, I don't think that happens in Denver and it certainly doesn't happen in warm weather. Then again, do we cause all those fumbles in warm weather?

It was a crazy game. Both teams made lots of crucial mistakes.

What we can be happy about is that even after we got punched in the gut we came back and tied the game up to send it to OT. After they came back, our defense shored up big time and gave us multiple chances to win the game in OT. If it weren't for that unfortunate bounce off of 32's leg we may have come out of there without a loss.

One thing: can we PLEASE stop blaming this one the DRC injury? There were so many things that went wrong that had nothing to do with that. Let's just stop being stupid shall we?

It's a loss, no losses are good and that was as awful as it gets. But it will prove to be good experience for us. We can still control our own destiny and grab the number 1 seed. In fact I would call that likely. We only have to beat KC this weekend and it's almost a sure thing.

Settle down, enjoy thanksgiving, and then enjoy the feast on KC.
The DRC injury had A LOT to do with it and if you don't think it did you are delusional. Changed the entire way we had to play defense in the second half. You don't think having him in there would have kept them from scoring 31 in the second half?
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #95
Bronco Yoda

Of course the DRC injury was the back breaker. It's utter silliness to say otherwise.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #96
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Of course the DRC injury was the back breaker. It's utter silliness to say otherwise.
On top of it being a back-breaking injury, it was also a stupid one. Why the hell was he selling out for a pick that would have been absolutely meaningless except for his stats?!? That's a coaching fail.
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #97
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1BroncoFan View Post
On top of it being a back-breaking injury, it was also a stupid one. Why the hell was he selling out for a pick that would have been absolutely meaningless except for his stats?!? That's a coaching fail.
No it's not, it's just a freak injury
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #98
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post

watching Adams stand back in the safety position as if the ball hasn't been hiked was brutal. I was yelling"Move your ass up. It is going to Gronk!" That killed us many a times.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #99
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:

These injuries are building up. Now Vickerson is out for the season and PFM is stuck 24/7 with that ankle brace. I think it's definitely impacting his throwing but we'll see how things go. This injury stuff has to clear up. I'd be far more confident in our chances if we weren't so banged up.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #100
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Earlier people were talking about how last year's team reminded them of the '96 team....13-3 and prohibitive favorite to go to SB, and we lose divisional game in playoffs....and that led to people talking about how this current team will hopefully remind them of the '97 team...and it eerily is.

the '97 Broncos team lost to the Steelers in Pittsburgh 35-24, after holding a 21-7 lead early in the 2nd qtr.....to Kordell Stewart no less. Elway went 17-42 for 248 yards 2 TD's 1 INT...and we traveled back there for AFCCG and won.

Who's to say the same thing cannot happen again this season with a victory over the Patriots? Keep in mind this team that squandered the 24-0 lead also built that 24-0, and should have a healthier Champ, Orange Julius, DRC, and Manning

Some of you clowns act as if the season is already over...

Last edited by errand; 11-26-2013 at 08:32 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote