The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #26
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I get that we lost, it sucks but last night the way we ran the football that was awesome, they were stacking the box and we still ran it down their throats at times. Knowshon is a stud hands down.

Von Miller hes baaaaaaaaaaaaack, just re-watch the game dude was amazing. I don't think we got to worry about him going forward.

We did what we needed to do in the cold weather, the only thing we did wrong was let them get back in the game but you have to be encouraged by the run game.

Passing game wasn't there like we wanted, but we all know this was an anomaly.

We will be fine . we will likely go 14-2 and get the #1 seed. Pessimistic ***** go somewhere else this thread is about the Broncos bouncing back because they are the best team in the NFL hands down.
+1. Amazing the lack of reading comprehension in this thread.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #27
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Done and done. Mennonite's new nickname = Francis
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #28
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

If DRC plays the whole game, we win hand down.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #29
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I just want to remind people that the Pats were without Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo. Running it at them is not going to be the same as running against some of these other teams. It was an awesome performance, but we need to be realistic too.
It's hilarious how the pollyannas here say the poor passing game against NE, which has been trending downward for a few weeks now, was an anomaly and nothing to be worried about, while our running game, which had a complete outlier performance, is now ready to take the league by storm.

Come on, guys. PM is playing on a bad ankle (maybe two bad ankles?) that isn't going to heal this season, and he struggles throwing the ball in the wind and the cold. Our D has lapses and gives up a lot of big plays. Our WR are soft. We turn the ball over too much and make a lot of stupid mistakes. Our LT struggles against elite rush ends. We have no reliable backup RB's.

Yes, we're 9-2 and one of the best teams in the league. But if you were seriously "encouraged" by that game then you're in denial to a rediculous degree. That game exposed this team's shortcomings under the bright lights and in front of a huge national TV audience.

That said, I think this team can win out. But I have major concerns on the postseason fate of this team. And if you're paying attention, you should too.

Last edited by TonyR; 11-26-2013 at 07:47 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #30
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
We lost by 3 to New England in Overtime, in Foxboro...

Would anyone think the sky was falling BEFORE the game happened, if they found that out? Doubt it.
no, they woulkd not. Only the people who watched the game and saw how we scored, how we surrendered points and how uninspiring PFMs performance was would referance a falling sky.
Only those who actually watched the game and looked into PFM's face would be concerned.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #31
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It's hilarious how the pollyannas here say the poor passing game against NE, which has been trending downward for a few weeks now, was an anomaly and nothing to be worried about, while our running game, which had a complete outlier performance, is now ready to take the league by storm.

Come on, guys. PM is playing on a bad ankle (maybe two bad ankles?) that isn't going to heal this season, and he struggles throwing the ball in the wind and the cold. Our D has lapses and gives up a lot of big plays. Our WR are soft. We turn the ball over and make a lot of stupid mistakes. Our LT struggles against elite rush ends. We have no reliable backup RB's.

Yes, we're 9-2 and one of the best teams in the league. But if you were seriously "encouraged" by that game then you're in denial to a rediculous degree. That game exposed this team's shortcomings under the bright lights and in front of a huge national TV audience.

That said, I think this team can win out. But I have major concerns on the postseason fate of this team. And if you're paying attention, you should too.
whats up with all this objective honesty?
why caNT YOU JUST line up as a chicken little or a poly-anna like all the rest?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #32
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I just want to remind people that the Pats were without Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo. Running it at them is not going to be the same as running against some of these other teams. It was an awesome performance, but we need to be realistic too.
After that game you'd think everyone would have all the "realism" they need. But this thread suggests just the opposite. Some people are delusional.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #33
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
They will be without these guys in January too.

What other AFC team poses a realistic threat? The colts are ranked 25th in run D, giving up 4.4 YPC and 9 TD's on the year.

Cincy is much better at 4.0 YPC, but it's tough to tell how much their D will slip after losing Geno - they have only played Baltimore and Cleveland without him. I suspect we'll see what they are mad of this week when they play SD.

KC - we know their run D is garbage, 28th in the league at 4.6 YPC.

NE: 26th at 4.5 YPC.

The Jets could be formidable, allowing a league best 2.9 YPC, but is anyone really scared of the Jets?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #34
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

31 unanswered points.......

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #35
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
As much as I loved seeing the running game working, I don't think that it had much of an impact on the game. Because the passing game didn't show up, the running game wasn't nearly as effective as it could have been. If Manning was just decent, with the way they ran the ball, this game wouldn't have even been close.

Think about it, the Broncos ran the ball really well in the first half, but 17 of their 24 points came from turnovers, not from good drives. The running game also worked well in the second half, but the Broncos only scored 7 points, and that wasn't until late in the 4th quarter, when they had to pass the ball and Manning finally showed up.

The running game alone cannot put a lot of points on the board. Two many drives stalled when they were had to pass the ball. The Broncos have been a pass heavy team this year. I prefer a more balanced attack, but I'd say that if the Broncos are run heavy, that's a problem, and that's even with the running game doing well. Without the passing game it's not going to work.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 11-26-2013 at 09:29 AM..
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #36
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
They will be without these guys in January too.

What other AFC team poses a realistic threat? The colts are ranked 25th in run D, giving up 4.4 YPC and 9 TD's on the year.

Cincy is much better at 4.0 YPC, but it's tough to tell how much their D will slip after losing Geno - they have only played Baltimore and Cleveland without him. I suspect we'll see what they are mad of this week when they play SD.

KC - we know their run D is garbage, 28th in the league at 4.6 YPC.

NE: 26th at 4.5 YPC.

The Jets could be formidable, allowing a league best 2.9 YPC, but is anyone really scared of the Jets?
As much as I liked the performance from the running game, if the Broncos are betting on that to make it to the Super Bowl, they're in trouble. If Manning doesn't show up they aren't going far.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #37
delany
Uber Bronco

delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #38
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
As much as I liked the performance from the running game, if the Broncos are betting on that to make it to the Super Bowl, they're in trouble. If Manning doesn't show up they aren't going far.
no doubt. Which begs the question - where was the play action?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #39
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The running game along cannot put a lot of points on the board. Two many drives stalled when they were had to pass the ball. The Broncos have been a pass heavy team this year. I prefer a more balanced attack, but I'd say that if the Broncos are run heavy, that's a problem, and that's even with the running game doing well. Without the passing game it's not going to work.
I agree, particularly since our running game isn't normally going to be remotely as effective as it was in this game. And the fact that we couldn't use this rushing effort to open up the passing game just further goes to show how much PM struggles in the cold/wind.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #40
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
As much as I loved seeing the running game working, I don't think that it had much of an impact on the game. Because the passing game didn't show up, the running game wasn't nearly as effective as it could have been.
Yep, for all the chest beating about the AWESOME running game, in the end it didn't lead to much. Ron Jaworski, in one of those corny back & forth's with Merril Hoge has his continuous catch phrase "points come from the passing game".

Maybe he is right about something
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #41
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
As a Bronco, there are only 5 games I can think of where he has worn a glove on his throwing hand for the entire game. These are the stats for those games:
Tampa Bay game was on there and he had one of his best games.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #42
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Playcalling might have been at its worst on Offense on Sunday night. As it has been said, the play action was virtually nonexistent. We were up 24-0 and Moreno was getting yards on the ground, and thats a great way to keep going in a game where you're facing a team without one of the top 4 QBs in the league. However, against a Brady, Brees, or Rodgers type, you know they can throw the ball, and we've seen Manning come back from similar deficits (think SD game last year) in a half. In those situations you can not just try and chew up clock until well into the 4th Q, you have to use all of your weapons and keep the foot on the gas. Peyton looked like crap passing through the 3rd, but his passing stats went way up in the 4th and in OT… because he was passing and getting in a rhythm and adjusting to the weather.

Why we lost can be boiled down to a few things:

1. Loss of DRC and other secondary help, leaving Wesley Woodyard to struggle in the middle of the field.

2. WRs not making catches. DT had at least 3 big plays thrown directly at him that he failed to come down with the ball and another couple where he should have been able to make a catch. Wes had one that hit him in the numbers and he dropped it. Decker having a Decker time. Those guys make half of their dropped balls and its a different outcome.

3. We took a different approach overall for the first time this year. We played as a power running team and thats not what this team is used to. Its great to see we could do it, but we abandoned our bread and butter for ground and pound. For all the yards we got though, it didn't net in many points by gashing their D with Moreno. Its great to be balanced, but don't tip the scales to the detriment of your passing game.

I hope and believe that game is a learning experience. Manning has to get more throws in early, no matter what, so that he can find his own pace.

We will see NE again. We will win.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #43
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
3. We took a different approach overall for the first time this year. We played as a power running team and thats not what this team is used to. Its great to see we could do it, but we abandoned our bread and butter for ground and pound. For all the yards we got though, it didn't net in many points by gashing their D with Moreno. Its great to be balanced, but don't tip the scales to the detriment of your passing game.
That's it right there. It was awesome to see Moreno run for 224 yards, but that coupled with 150 passing yards from Manning is not a good thing. Moreno going for 100 yards and Manning 300 is what balance really is, and that would produce a lot of points without the need of points off of turnovers.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #44
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Tampa Bay game was on there and he had one of his best games.
If he wore a glove in the TB game lat year, it wasn't for the entire game. Just looking at some highlights of that game, and I don't see the glove at all.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #45
yerner
Ring of Famer

I'm encouraged. Most likely those will be the worst conditions they play in. It was particularly bad sunday for throwing the football. And if the Broncos win out and get home field, I'll take them at altitude in Denver against anyone this season.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'd like to know what Peyton's stats are while wearing gloves. My feeling is that they can't be too great.
He's played some great games wearing them. I believe last year against the chiefs/browns he did. He threw some beautiful passes those games. Even in the Ravens game, he threw amazing passes...that TD to stoke was a thing of beauty. The gloves are fine.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #47
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Come on, guys. PM is playing on a bad ankle (maybe two bad ankles?) that isn't going to heal this season, and he struggles throwing the ball in the wind and the cold. Our D has lapses and gives up a lot of big plays. Our WR are soft. We turn the ball over too much and make a lot of stupid mistakes. Our LT struggles against elite rush ends. We have no reliable backup RB's.

Sure, we're not perfect, but show me the team that is. A lot of fans here consistently say **** like "this is not a super bowl team," while comparing it to some mythical team that is. Last I checked, the 89 Niners aren't playing in the League, every single team has flaws. We have a good a chance as anyone.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #48
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm feeling much better after a day to cool down.

Yes Manning's numbers were bad but I honestly think that's on the coaches (maybe Manning too since I'm sure he has something to do with the gameplan) to a large degree.

It's unreasonable to think that he could just turn it on at will after not throwing it all night. Had they not been so conservative and predictable with the run-run-pass thing early in the third, I think the offense could easily have found a rythym and scored some points. Literally one touchdown off two decent drives in the third would have put that game out of reach.

So, yeah, I think you can reasonably draw some positives here. Namely:

1) this could be our Baltimore game that showed we need to be tougher, call a better game, and execute just a touch more when it counts. The difference is, our season doesn't end here.

2) the running game did look great. Now combine that with a reasonable semblance of our normal gameplan throughout the night (as opposed to asking our 37 year old QB to turn it on at will in panic mode after taking the first half off) and you've actually got something to work with.

3) again, without the season ending, here's an opportunity to realize you have to caoch a complete game and continue to build the lead, not just sit on the clock and hope to win. Hopefully this will give our coaches the realization that if you don't put pressure on the other team, the pressure gets put on you and the game can come down to a freak bounce on missed fair catch execution.
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #49
Ray_Lewis'_Victim
Corpse

Missing JT is a pretty big deal. He'll be back.

Missing Champ is a pretty big deal. He'll be back.

Missing DRC is a pretty big deal. He'll be back.
Ray_Lewis'_Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #50
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
"I am very encouraged by the performance of the Titanic last night. Up until it sank, it was completely unsinkable."

-Captain Dumbass

So you are saying the season is sunk and over? I guess we won't be seeing you around anymore.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote