The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Thoughts about the Patriots game.

1. Obviously blowing that kind of lead is embarrasing. At least we battled back but ultimately the offense failed us this game.
  2. I think Decker didn't get open. Demaryius let himself get intimidated, and Welker dropped a lot of balls.
  3. Manning was awful. That kind of performance will not cut it. I know he knows it, though.
  4. It's a shame that a heroic effort by Knowshon was utterly wasted. It also was frustrating to see him have to get taken out right as he was getting hot. That said, it was good to see we can play like that.
  5. The worst part about this loss was the injuries to the secondary. I still haven't heard what happened to DRC. I read someone say it was his shoulder, but it looked like her grabbed his knee. If he's out, Champ needs to sack up and play.
  6. We were outcoached in this game. Our defense caught up, finally, but our offense was predictable and wasn't taking advantage of the things that were working well enough. That shotgun/pistol stuff isn't going to cut it in cold weather. We need to get back to play action and start adding some packages that take advantage of the kind of game we played tonight.
  7. I really think Ball, Trindon and Hillman's confidence is completely gone after messing up and getting benched. We should look at replacing these guys.

I know everyone is pissed off but this loss is palatable because the Patriots lost to the Panthers and the Chiefs lost to the Chargers. If we lose in Arrowhead we'll be down one game to the Chiefs, but they are reeling right now and just lost Hali for probably at least our game - and maybe for the season - and maybe Houston for our game as well. It's a winnable game.

If we beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead (very tough in December) we'll be a game and half ahead of them. If we lose, we'll be a game back, but in the event of a tie, assuming we win out, we'd take the division. So it's not ALL that bad
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

We sat on a 24-point lead. That's the bottom line.
You're not going to shut out a team like the Patriots.
We played not to lose, and play the yime of posession instead of trying to score some points. I understand the game's conditions, but we din't use our big guns until we've got to, i.e; 3rd down convertions
We ran the ball well, but that hardly turned into ANY score...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
  1. Obviously blowing that kind of lead is embarrasing. At least we battled back but ultimately the offense failed us this game.
  2. I think Decker didn't get open. Demaryius let himself get intimidated, and Welker dropped a lot of balls.
  3. Manning was awful. That kind of performance will not cut it. I know he knows it, though.
  4. It's a shame that a heroic effort by Knowshon was utterly wasted. It also was frustrating to see him have to get taken out right as he was getting hot. That said, it was good to see we can play like that.
  5. The worst part about this loss was the injuries to the secondary. I still haven't heard what happened to DRC. I read someone say it was his shoulder, but it looked like her grabbed his knee. If he's out, Champ needs to sack up and play.
  6. We were outcoached in this game. Our defense caught up, finally, but our offense was predictable and wasn't taking advantage of the things that were working well enough. That shotgun/pistol stuff isn't going to cut it in cold weather. We need to get back to play action and start adding some packages that take advantage of the kind of game we played tonight.
  7. I really think Ball, Trindon and Hillman's confidence is completely gone after messing up and getting benched. We should look at replacing these guys.

I know everyone is pissed off but this loss is palatable because the Patriots lost to the Panthers and the Chiefs lost to the Chargers. If we lose in Arrowhead we'll be down one game to the Chiefs, but they are reeling right now and just lost Hali for probably at least our game - and maybe for the season - and maybe Houston for our game as well. It's a winnable game.

If we beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead (very tough in December) we'll be a game and half ahead of them. If we lose, we'll be a game back, but in the event of a tie, assuming we win out, we'd take the division. So it's not ALL that bad
The whole 'eff up and you're iced' dynamic really doesn't help. Holliday fields the punts. Taking him out just because he struggles once or twice doesn't alleviate the risk of more special teams eff ups. As we saw, it only amplifies them.

Sometimes when a guy effs up, you just gotta put him right back on the horse.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
We played not to lose, and play the yime of posession instead of trying to score some points. I understand the game's conditions, but we din't use our big guns until we've got to, i.e; 3rd down convertions
We played not to lose...just like we did against Baltimore...I'll never understand why paid professionals can never figure that one out...
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Agreed - great post Kaylore. We haven't been 'beat' by a better team this year...gives me hope that we will learn to play with more mental strength in the future. We need some accountability in key areas including those at the top as Kaylore has stated.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

When the chips were down, the coaching staff continued to NOT put the ball in Manning's hands.

We **** away a 24-0 lead because of either:

A) The coaching staff doesn't trust a HOF QB

or

B) A HOF QB can't win a game in extreme temperatures.

Either way, better hope for a mild winter.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

My thoughts? We jumped out to a 24 point lead thanks to a couple lucky turnovers, and then sat on it.
We never really showed much aggressiveness on offense at all.
Heck when Talib was out of the game, what do we do? We run it with CJ Anderson while Thomas is one on one with Arrington.
The passing offense was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. I don't know if its because we were that scared of making a dumb throw in the wind or what once we got a lead, but you can't just sit on leads.
Manning threw one dumb interception, almost another and got a break on that one due to a little ticky tack penalty.
Heck I still remember when we were up 24-0 at halftime thinking "but we have done nothing on offense really..."

This wasn't a must win for us, but it would've been nice to get breathing room on KC.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

bad loss is actually epic bad loss

you can't paint this turd
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #9
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We've lost twice this year - to two teams leading their division by a combined 9 points. And we're still the number one seed.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Thanks Pat
Old 11-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #11
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Outside of one drive in the first half, the offense was terrible.

The defense jumped us out to 24-0.

Then DRC went down and Brady killed Webster, and it was all over after that.

I kept asking myself the whole game, why not put the ball in Manning's hand and let him win the game, the same **** the NE was doing with Brady

Obvisously Manning cannot prefrom in those conditions.

Moreno spotted him 200+ yards and we had 24 points.

A HOF QB can close that out anytime anywhere.

It's just so disappointing.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobum6162 View Post
We played not to lose...just like we did against Baltimore...I'll never understand why paid professionals can never figure that one out...
I go back go the Green Bay Super Bowl when Robinson asked Shanny what he should do on that last Green Bay Drive and Shanny just told him to go play defense the way he normally did. We did not do that tonight. Not sure if that was because of the DRC injury though.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #13
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
You got that right dude. From the coaches to the players, you felt like they just wanted to milk it and coast on in.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #14
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I go back go the Green Bay Super Bowl when Robinson asked Shanny what he should do on that last Green Bay Drive and Shanny just told him to go play defense the way he normally did. We did not do that tonight. Not sure if that was because of the DRC injury though.
I think it made a lot of difference but more noticeably w couldnt get pressure on the crybaby...
Old 11-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #15
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We got tore up because Webster is no DRC and Brady shows up when the chips are down.

Instead of letting our own future HOF QB take over the game in response, we continued to hand off to no name RB's every first down we possibly could.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #16
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
My thoughts? We jumped out to a 24 point lead thanks to a couple lucky turnovers, and then sat on it.
We never really showed much aggressiveness on offense at all.
Heck when Talib was out of the game, what do we do? We run it with CJ Anderson while Thomas is one on one with Arrington.
The passing offense was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. I don't know if its because we were that scared of making a dumb throw in the wind or what once we got a lead, but you can't just sit on leads.
Manning threw one dumb interception, almost another and got a break on that one due to a little ticky tack penalty.
Heck I still remember when we were up 24-0 at halftime thinking "but we have done nothing on offense really..."

This wasn't a must win for us, but it would've been nice to get breathing room on KC.
Ditto...yes what he said...
Old 11-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #17
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Interesting to note that we lost to two teams where our key players were returning to where they played for so long. It got to manning and definitely got to welker. Emotions got the best of them in both games.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Moreno, Tamme, and the interior Oline deserve game balls on offense
Miller played great and deserves props

DT, Welker, and Decker were pussies tonight
Just complete no factors

Manning played awful
He is going to have to sack up when it gets cold or we won't go anywhere in the playoffs again

Montee Ball needs to sit on the bench the rest of the year
Maybe next year we can see what he has but he needs the Moreno treatment for now

We need a punt returner
never have I seen a team struggle so much with something that should be so simple

We also could use Fox's half time adjustments
We have been very meh with JDR after dominating teams in the second half with Fox
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #19
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

What it really came down to was that Manning couldn't drive the ball through the wind at all and Tom Brady was still Tom Brady. The rest is all just semantics.

Well that and DRC getting hurt.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #20
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

This was a demoralizing loss.

I have no confidence (and neither do they), that this team can win in the playoffs.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #21
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

I have no confidence (and neither do they), that this team can win in the playoffs.
I think we're still the favorites if we can hold onto the 1 seed. And if we can have at least a healthy DRC or Champ.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think we're still the favorites if we can hold onto the 1 seed. And if we can have at least a healthy DRC or Champ.
The Broncos were favorites last year too.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #23
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Manning is damaged goods and cannot physically get it done in the cold and the wind; and that was true before the ankles and his all-pro left tackle went to shiat.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #24
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

I feel the same way.

After the Baltimore loss, I didn't want to let myself get sucked into this regular season, since it was really Super Bowl or bust. So many bull**** excuses all over the place.

However, I did let myself get absorbed by this season. But in reality, this team has about a 50/50 shot of winning any meaningful game when any amount of controversy exists.

I have zero confidence this team can put it together when it counts, wether on the road or at home. They crumble.

We gave up a 24-0 lead, in a game that mattered. 24-0.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #25
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The whole 'eff up and you're iced' dynamic really doesn't help. Holliday fields the punts. Taking him out just because he struggles once or twice doesn't alleviate the risk of more special teams eff ups. As we saw, it only amplifies them.

Sometimes when a guy effs up, you just gotta put him right back on the horse.
Agreed 100%. It's no different from yanking a QB after an INT - you're going to **** with his confidence. Don't do it.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote