The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #201
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

I guess we'll see once the playoffs start. I certainly hope they aren't frauds, but if they fall short, and more to the point if they go one and done again, I think the label will be well-earned.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #202
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I guess we'll see once the playoffs start. I certainly hope they aren't frauds, but if they fall short, and more to the point if they go one and done again, I think the label will be well-earned.
I think we are too flawed more then frauds even if we go one and done again. Our D is weak and no fixing it. Just hope we find creative ways to get off the field enough to give our O plenty of chances.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #203
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Dont see what insulting my country has to do with it, apart from for the sake of being a dick.

This gets bumped every week we beat someone pretty lousy but as Kaylore said a few posts above, im saying we've to win a playoff game rather than beat probably the two worst teams in the NFL. Houston and Oakland are probably the two biggest rabbits we could have closed with. Probably have to win a superbowl before ill lay off though in fairness the defence is totally crippled with injuries at this stage so it wouldn't be a choke on the level of last season.
As Kaylore said, you brought it on yourself by overreacting to a single game, that in the big scheme of things meant nothing. The Broncos are still the #1 seed. That loss changed nothing.

Using your logic-- are the Pats frauds because they lost their chance at home field advantage to a mediocre non-playoff team in Miami? Are the Seahawks frauds because they lost AT HOME(!) to a non-playoff team in the Cards? Etc, etc.

If you had waited until a playoff loss(God forbid) for a stupid thread like this, you would have most Maner's joining you. Heck, I might even join you depending on how it happened. But you didn't, so like I said, you are getting what you deserve; a reminder that this was a stupid thread.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #204
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I think we are too flawed more then frauds even if we go one and done again. Our D is weak and no fixing it. Just hope we find creative ways to get off the field enough to give our O plenty of chances.
We outscored our opponents by 13 points per game this season, and just set the record for total points in a season. Our defense is not great, but they make enough stops and plays that we should beat everyone other than a few of the NFC teams by 10 points at minimum. I mean seriously there is no team in the AFC that isn't horribly flawed somewhere. So if this team wins a few playoff games and falls short because the defense falls apart against a great team that's one thing. If they can't win a single playoff game at home? Yeah I think that stinks of "fraud".
Old 12-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #205
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
We outscored our opponents by 13 points per game this season, and just set the record for total points in a season. Our defense is not great, but they make enough stops and plays that we should beat everyone other than a few of the NFC teams by 10 points at minimum. I mean seriously there is no team in the AFC that isn't horribly flawed somewhere. So if this team wins a few playoff games and falls short because the defense falls apart against a great team that's one thing. If they can't win a single playoff game at home? Yeah I think that stinks of "fraud".
I knew if you posted enough tonight, I would find something I can agree with. Good post.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:16 AM   #206
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

The closest definition for what the Broncos are accused of - fraud, something that is not what it pretends.

Do the Broncos or the fans pretend that we have an elite defense especially with the devastating injuries it has suffered? No. Is the offense potent at historical levels? Yes. I don't see a lot of fraud here.

Now let us look at the Chiefs. Did the Chiefs or their fans pretend to have an elite defense? Yes.

So I see no fraud in the Broncos - just an exceptional offense and a suspect D after the injuries. I do see fraud in Chiefs because their D has shown it is not what was being advertised, albeit a very good D.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #207
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Are there really non-Patriots/Chiefs fans that think the Broncos choked last year in the playoffs? Because even Raiders and Chargers fans know that the Broncos completely dominated their one playoff game against a 28 point handicap.

It takes an EXTREMELY naiive person or someone who has never played sports to believe that officials have nothing to do with the outcome of a game. The statement that a good team can overcome bad calls is just so cliche and naiive; sure, in most games this is true, but play a game with me as a ref calling holding on every single play and see if you can even beat a Pop Warner team. Because last year's playoff game was as close as you can get to that hypothetical scenario.

People still complain about the Tuck Rule play. Or the 2005 Super Bowl. Or the Ohio St-Miami game. Or the Hochuli call in WEEK FREAKIN 2. The fact that one of the 2 most obviously biased officiating performances in the history of sports (the other being Lakers-Kings Game 6) has been swept under the rug and considered a choke job is more devastating to humanity than the officiating itself.

Last edited by itswutz4dinna; 12-30-2013 at 04:20 AM..
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:18 AM   #208
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

But as for this year's team, it has been decimated by injuries. I still believe without the rig job last year's team steamrolls to the Super Bowl as one of the top 10 all-time teams. They were just such a ridiculously complete team, but one of the reasons why was the team was blessed with health last year.

The only significant injuries I can think of (besides Warren) were Walton and Mays. And both injuries arguably improved the team. I guess Q. Carter missed the season too but still. I don't even really remember any players getting non-IR injuries like 15+ of this year's players have. I guess there was Tracy Porter, but honestly he got replaced by a better player too.

So this year's team seems to be paying for last year's good health. Let's hope maybe the officiating tide swings the other way this year too, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on that. It seems like the team is still being punished for Hochuli, a call that honestly wasn't even that bad in a game that wasn't even that important.

But theI team's defense this year really is not as bad statistically as everyone thinks it is. As of a couple weeks ago they were about 18th in points PER DRIVE, which takes an enormous dump on points per game. The per game statistics suffer from facing the most drives per game of any team by far, just as the per game offensive statistics benefit. This team increases the number of chances for both teams, which is pretty smart considering they are the better team in 100% of their match-ups.

It's the opposite of the Chargers, who are low-key one of the top 3 offenses per drive. But they shorten the game with the most plays/drive in the league, which explains why something like 15 of their games this year were within a TD.

The top 2 teams in net points per drive are Denver and Seattle, so it's no surprise that those are the top seeds. Let's just hope that Champ and Wolfe can make up for Von, and this team should make the Super Bowl.

Last edited by itswutz4dinna; 12-30-2013 at 04:33 AM..
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:36 AM   #209
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Three losses by a combined 16 points ... how frickin' fraudulent!

And a mere 7 of 16 games against eventual playoff teams, 2 more against Week 17 bubble losers?!

And 3 of our 5 best players from last year barely saw action?

Puh-lease, we SO suck ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #210
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

It's like Agamemnon said, if we go 1 & Done then we obviously are frauds cause we wont have been able to hang with the big teams we're meant to beat when it matters. It is another story if we get to the superbowl and fall short with a flawed outfit.

But cmon, if we go out in the first round to KC, San Diego or Indy, i wont be the only one who would think we were frauds to say the least.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #211
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
It's like Agamemnon said, if we go 1 & Done then we obviously are frauds cause we wont have been able to hang with the big teams we're meant to beat when it matters. It is another story if we get to the superbowl and fall short with a flawed outfit.

But cmon, if we go out in the first round to KC, San Diego or Indy, i wont be the only one who would think we were frauds to say the least.
No, if we go one and done and play another close game, then we might have experienced some **** luck. You're acting like Baltimore blew us out the building last year.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #212
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yep, still not frauds.

It was nice not having the crybaby drama queen in the game thread today. There was enough already going around. Thanks for quitting on the team.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #213
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Proud of the guys, well on the way to proving me wrong. The way today was ground out took grit. Hate on me all you like, we won so...
Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #214
mennonite
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Of course, if the team loses next week I'm sure you will be more than happy to come back to this thread and crow about how you were right the whole time.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #215
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Proud of the guys, well on the way to proving me wrong. The way today was ground out took grit. Hate on me all you like, we won so...
They already have proven you wrong. They aren't in their way. Get the **** out of here with that BS. Let fans who stick with it good times AND bad have our fun.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #216
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Frauds don't play in the Championship round.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #217
Hugh Jasole
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Let me guess...thread was started after a loss? Check...

Opinion was updated after a win? Check...
Hugh Jasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #218
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Still not Frauds..... God it is great to be a Bronco fan.... the entire season.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #219
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I think making the Superbowl is "something of note".
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #220
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Win or lose this team has proven it's for real. I think they are straight up better than Seahawks, so I'm pretty sure they will win, but even if they don't to get to the Super Bowl through all the adversity and injuries is quite a feat.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #221
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Win or lose this team has proven it's for real. I think they are straight up better than Seahawks, so I'm pretty sure they will win, but even if they don't to get to the Super Bowl through all the adversity and injuries is quite a feat.
I agree 100% with this. But a loss will feel so empty!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #222
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I agree 100% with this. But a loss will feel so empty!
They aren't going to lose so don't worry about it.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #223
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Yeah i was wrong. Don't care, in the superbowl

Let's win the ****ing thing and i'll quite gladly go down as looking like one of the biggest reactionary idiots ever on this forum
Old 01-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #224
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

darn we are such frauds cant even get in the playoffs not even as a wil-- oh wait 13-3 no 1 seed well we certainly can't beat the chargers they will expos----oh boy we beat them well new england will shurely expo--- oh damn we won well im shure the seahawks will expose the broncos
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #225
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
anyone think it will be 50 and sunny in january with little wind?

hmmmmm?
No, I guess not. It was 60 in January with little wind. (Thank Exxon for Global Warming )
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote