The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #151
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Or what denver did in the final minute of last year's ravens game.
Yeah, that one should have been over as well. I just think DEN as a team "choked" more this season versus NE.

We kept BAL in that game with allowing big plays all game long and they missed a few along the way.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #152
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
We say that about KC, and they may well be in all fairness.

But we need to look closer to home. In the Manning era we have beaten absolutely ****ing nobody. No Alex Smith, sit the **** down, you don't count. We're frauds who beat up on a weak AFC and when we face even a decent team (Indy, Houston last year), we lose. If you count KC a good team, they're one of two quality wins we have, the other being @ Baltimore who subsequently dumped us out on our ass last year.

If it's cold - we suck
If we're playing a good team - we suck.
Pressure situation - we suck

Playoffs that's the scenario. We're ****ed. The day this team does anything of note is the day i walk into the Vatican and get a **** off the pope.
****ty thread by ****ty poster. Next.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #153
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

It's pretty simple for me. I know when I turn on a Broncos game they have an excellent chance to win the game. That is pretty much all I can ask for as a fan. I am thoroughly enjoying the season and hope they can hoist the Lombardi in NY.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #154
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Do you hear that sound? Spiralism has jumped off the bandwagon. I believe the term his b**** ass used was, give me a parachute.

The loser didn't even wait for the game to end.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #155
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
This message is hidden because theAPAOps5 is on your ignore list.
Wow, i wasnt even going to bump this, was gonna be the bigger man, even though a lot of the same worries are ringing through, i cant say this fills me with any great happiness.

But yeah, same **** i guess. It's a mental thing with this team, it just looks every bit that. We're too finely tuned and finesse for our own good. It either all clicks at some point or the ferrari gets stuck in a ditch. Don't get me wrong, sometimes those sorts of teams win championships in sports...but its rare.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #156
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Oh I am bumping it every week, especially when you are jumping off of it in the gameday thread.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #157
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Oh I am bumping it every week, especially when you are jumping off of it in the gameday thread.
Here is the thing, and maybe this is the wrong place for this, but what is gonna happen for this to end well, is a three game hot streak from manning.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #158
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

I held off on calling them frauds when this thread was started, but tonight has convinced me. This team crushes bad teams and looks like a juggernaut, but good teams almost always seem to find a way to beat them. In the end this is a giant magic trick by Manning. He makes his teams look so much better than they really are, always has, but when the genuinely good teams show up the magic tricks go up in a cloud of smoke.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 12-12-2013 at 08:51 PM..
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #159
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I held off on calling them frauds when this thread was started, but tonight has convinced me. This team crushes bad teams and looks like a juggernaut, but good teams almost always seem to find a way to beat them. In the end this is a giant magic trick by Manning. He makes his teams look so much better than they really are, always has, but when the genuinely good teams show up the magic tricks go up in a cloud of smoke.
Run along then. See ya, maybe you and Spiralism can spoon
Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #160
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
I dont think it's fair to put this all on Manning though, in fairness i dont think there's ever been a QB as often held back by crap defensive play, poor coaching or just a lack of bottle by the team as a collective. If Manning had Belichick, lets just say, he's got two hands with rings on them.

But yeah, i probably blew a gasket when i initially wrote the OP but it's all ringing true, this team really has a soft underbelly and doesn't win close games, or against good teams.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #161
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I think we are a good team that has huge holes on D esp DL that can't be fixed now. At least injuries and lack of enough talent is out of your control. I think the coaching and playcalling and adjusting has fallen since early in season though. Not to be a downer but, this team needs #1 seed to go far in playoffs.

Right now though we are a sucky big game team.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-12-2013 at 09:16 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #162
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
I dont think it's fair to put this all on Manning though, in fairness i dont think there's ever been a QB as often held back by crap defensive play, poor coaching or just a lack of bottle by the team as a collective. If Manning had Belichick, lets just say, he's got two hands with rings on them.

But yeah, i probably blew a gasket when i initially wrote the OP but it's all ringing true, this team really has a soft underbelly and doesn't win close games, or against good teams.
I'm not putting it on Manning. Far from it. I'm saying that he is so good that it fools people into thinking his teams are as good as him, but when he faces truly good teams he simply can't keep up the illusion. Peyton Manning is a phenom, and would have eight rings by now if he had had the coaching and overall supporting talent Brady or Roethlisberger have had over the years. Unfortunately for him that has not been in the cards, and he has had to settle for b-list coaches and half-complete rosters his entire career.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #163
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
I'm not putting it on Manning. Far from it. I'm saying that he is so good that it fools people into thinking his teams are as good as him, but when he faces truly good teams he simply can't keep up the illusion. Peyton Manning is a phenom, and would have eight rings by now if he had had the coaching and overall supporting talent Brady or Roethlisberger have had over the years. Unfortunately for him that has not been in the cards, and he has had to settle for b-list coaches and half-complete rosters his entire career.

Big games this staff fails big time. Problem is this team struggles if a team bullies them. SD bullied us all night and we wilted like a flower.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #164
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
In 20 years time that will be seen as a travesty in line with Marino not having a ring. Manning has been let down by idiot kickers, soft defences and b list coaches (any time he's not shared the sideline with Dungy)..... We're an 8-8 team that he's going to lead to 13 wins and a probable record breaking offensive season. He's taken pretenders to superbowls and carried defences that rarely could stop anybody year in and out.

Manning with Tomlin or Belichick and the rosters they assembled....5+ rings, i agree.

Last edited by spiralism; 12-12-2013 at 09:27 PM..
Old 12-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #165
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

We're 11-3....not 3-11

Just a reminder.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #166
khanh nguyen
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default sad

im sad to say this he kind of right. we reline to much on peyton manning. we need to sort up on alot of thing that dont require him to make it up. i know peyton manning are a goo qb that can control the offend. but he need a good coach to help him win super bowl. come on to win in the playoff is an team effort not an one man show. i dont think peyton will win the superbowl this year. let be honest here the only time peyton manning ever win the superbowl is the only time he got a good coach behind his back and a decent or average defend that show up when the game is on the line.

i think sometime peyton are just to good. being to good is bad in his case because he cover problem with his talent but when push come to shove those problem reappear and he get all the blame. look at the two chief game we let them score more then 14 point on us. when they not even that good of an offend. nobody yelling out to fix the defend because peyton make us look good by putting more point on the boards.
khanh nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #167
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanh nguyen View Post
im sad to say this he kind of right. we reline to much on peyton manning. we need to sort up on alot of thing that dont require him to make it up. i know peyton manning are a goo qb that can control the offend. but he need a good coach to help him win super bowl. come on to win in the playoff is an team effort not an one man show. i dont think peyton will win the superbowl this year. let be honest here the only time peyton manning ever win the superbowl is the only time he got a good coach behind his back and a decent or average defend that show up when the game is on the line.

i think sometime peyton are just to good. being to good is bad in his case because he cover problem with his talent but when push come to shove those problem reappear and he get all the blame. look at the two chief game we let them score more then 14 point on us. when they not even that good of an offend. nobody yelling out to fix the defend because peyton make us look good by putting more point on the boards.
gud poynt mayby i agred
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #168
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
In 20 years time that will be seen as a travesty in line with Marino not having a ring. Manning has been let down by idiot kickers, soft defences and b list coaches (any time he's not shared the sideline with Dungy)..... We're an 8-8 team that he's going to lead to 13 wins and a probable record breaking offensive season. He's taken pretenders to superbowls and carried defences that rarely could stop anybody year in and out.

Manning with Tomlin or Belichick and the rosters they assembled....5+ rings, i agree.
Dungy was a b-list coach too. The fact that Tampa Bay couldn't win anything until the year after he left exemplifies that. Other than that one point, you and I are in total agreement.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #169
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
We're 11-3....not 3-11

Just a reminder.....
Remember last year by chance?
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #170
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

face facts, this superbowl thing just isn't meant to be, at least not this year

the defense needs an overhaul, and this team still needs more depth

the charmin soft schedule helped alot this year, but elway has alot of work to do next year
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #171
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
face facts, this superbowl thing just isn't meant to be, at least not this year
Nice, what are the lotto numbers for this week.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #172
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Horrifically one-sided officiating kept BAL in that game.
FYP.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #173
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
Dungy was a b-list coach too. The fact that Tampa Bay couldn't win anything until the year after he left exemplifies that. Other than that one point, you and I are in total agreement.
I'm a fan of Dungy, i think he was one whos been let down too and should probably make the Hall off his innovation of the Tampa 2 with Kiffin along with his consistency. That aside though, he's been let down by the supporting cast around him.

I really see him as the Maradona of the NFL, a player whose ability was transcendent but who was often surrounded by average coaches and players and one who literally had to drag teams(both pulled it off the one time), which often hurt his GOAT credentials against those on better teams or who had better coaches.

If Peyton even had a coach half as good as Eli's for a spell, he'd have won a ****ton.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #174
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
I'm a fan of Dungy, i think he was one whos been let down too and should probably make the Hall off his innovation of the Tampa 2 with Kiffin along with his consistency. That aside though, he's been let down by the supporting cast around him.

I really see him as the Maradona of the NFL, a player whose ability was transcendent but who was often surrounded by average coaches and players and one who literally had to drag teams(both pulled it off the one time), which often hurt his GOAT credentials against those on better teams or who had better coaches.

If Peyton even had a coach half as good as Eli's for a spell, he'd have won a ****ton.
What's funny is that coaches around the league know this, and in the playoffs they know that they can devote pretty much everything to making Manning's life hell and the rest of his team won't be able to do jack to make them pay for it because the rest of his team is outclassed. Last year was the exception up until the playoffs, and really they should've beat the team that went on to win it all. I'm starting to think last year was their best shot. The defense was actually good last year, as were the special teams, but they got screwed by the refs, blew it in key situations, and were straight up dominated in the coaching department. Now we are left with half of a Super Bowl team, and I'm pretty sure the other half isn't going to be magically found before the playoffs start.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #175
ram40ut
Seasoned Veteran

I am the danger

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We say that about KC, and they may well be in all fairness.

But we need to look closer to home. In the Manning era we have beaten absolutely ****ing nobody. No Alex Smith, sit the **** down, you don't count. We're frauds who beat up on a weak AFC and when we face even a decent team (Indy, Houston last year), we lose. If you count KC a good team, they're one of two quality wins we have, the other being @ Baltimore who subsequently dumped us out on our ass last year.

If it's cold - we suck
If we're playing a good team - we suck.
Pressure situation - we suck

Playoffs that's the scenario. We're ****ed. The day this team does anything of note is the day i walk into the Vatican and get a **** off the pope.

You're exactly right. The teams are better in the playoffs, and if Mannings doesn't have an MVP game you lose. When was the last time Manning had a bad game and you won? You've lost 5 games in two years with Manning, if AP didn't have a freakish year, 18 has two MVPs, yet he gets labeled a choker when the Broncos don't win. That's what happened in Indy. They all stood around thinking he was going to bail them out, but the only game I every saw the defense, STs, and running game carry the team, was the Super Bowl? Against New Orleans, he made one bad throw, and Reggie Wayne quit on the route, all while Porter jumped the route. It was a perfect storm for NO. Again, you have lost 5 games in two years. Peyton had very average games in 4 of those. This is not a playoff team, especially with all the injuries.
ram40ut is offline   Reply With Quote