The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #126
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
We say that about KC, and they may well be in all fairness.

But we need to look closer to home. In the Manning era we have beaten absolutely ****ing nobody. No Alex Smith, sit the **** down, you don't count. We're frauds who beat up on a weak AFC and when we face even a decent team (Indy, Houston last year), we lose. If you count KC a good team, they're one of two quality wins we have, the other being @ Baltimore who subsequently dumped us out on our ass last year.

If it's cold - we suck
If we're playing a good team - we suck.
Pressure situation - we suck

Playoffs that's the scenario. We're ****ed. The day this team does anything of note is the day i walk into the Vatican and get a **** off the pope.
Please spare yourself from this fraudulent team. Stop going to Broncos' websites, stop watching the game. Why invest your time in a fraudulent team?
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #127
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Please spare yourself from this fraudulent team. Stop going to Broncos' websites, stop watching the game. Why invest your time in a fraudulent team?
I don't care if he continues to be a fan but he is sure playing it safe. He won't stick his neck out there for his team and will just call them frauds so if they don't win it all, he can be prepared much easier than us. Doesn't sound very much fun with that attitude.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #128
spiralism
Pro Bowler
 
spiralism's Avatar
 
Fox MUST go

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 729

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Now you're one of those "fans" that secretly hopes his team loses so he can be right on the internet. What a loser.
Yes i regularly stay up til 5am to watch from 7 timezones away and have spent literally thousands supporting this team so i hope we lose in the playoffs, GTFO. I'd be ****ING DELIGHTED to be proven wrong and i will be the first person to admit it if i'm wrong.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #129
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Yes i regularly stay up til 5am to watch from 7 timezones away and have spent literally thousands supporting this team so i hope we lose in the playoffs, GTFO. I'd be ****ING DELIGHTED to be proven wrong and i will be the first person to admit it if i'm wrong.
You should get a jump start on that and just admit it now.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #130
spiralism
Pro Bowler
 
spiralism's Avatar
 
Fox MUST go

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 729

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You should get a jump start on that and just admit it now.
We win it all, and i'll be the first person on this board with a big "I was wrong, flame me for being a dumb ****" thread. I will personally write a thread apologising for getting it wrong and would be so happy to do so. Guaranteed.

Not going and u-turning and saying it's actually all grand cos we beat Ryan Fitzpatrick at home either though, cmon man. Bigger tests ahead.

Last edited by spiralism; 12-09-2013 at 09:20 AM..
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #131
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Teams that are the Number 1 seed in the playoffs are not frauds. Period. However, they do not get any room for error when they play one of the top 3 other teams in their division at home in the playoffs either. None of those teams are frauds. It's actually the opposite, none of them are frauds and any of them have a legit chance to win any game home or away in the playoffs.

DEN has its issues still being the number one seed, but those issues are exacerbated playing on the road against good teams. As of right now, they do not have to worry about that unless they pull a NE and hammer a team early and then let them come back from 24 points down and beat them on the road. NE has pulled 6 games out of their hat they were losing in the 4th quarter this year. Teams just seem unable to put them away, especially at NE.

As for Being frauds though, please. There are plenty of other teams and fans that wish they were the "frauds" that you are calling DEN. They are still a top 3 team in the NFL right now and more than capable of winning it all against any and all competition out there.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #132
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Go Broncos!!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western CO
Posts: 1,130

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
We win it all, and i'll be the first person on this board with a big "I was wrong, flame me for being a dumb ****" thread. I will personally write a thread apologising for getting it wrong and would be so happy to do so. Guaranteed.

Not going and u-turning and saying it's actually all grand cos we beat Ryan Fitzpatrick at home either though, cmon man. Bigger tests ahead.
I guess you missed where we beat the chiefs 2 out of 3 weeks, including a December game AT arrowhead stadium. I guess you missed where we beat the chargers on the road. I guess you missed where we beat the defending world champions to start the season.

The Broncos have done much more than "beat Ryan Fitzpatrick at home".
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #133
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I guess you missed where we beat the chiefs 2 out of 3 weeks, including a December game AT arrowhead stadium. I guess you missed where we beat the chargers on the road. I guess you missed where we beat the defending world champions to start the season.

The Broncos have done much more than "beat Ryan Fitzpatrick at home".
This is the same guy that lamented the "disappointing season" we are having over on Reddit. We we're 10-2 at the time.

Dude's just negative.

Which pisses me off. Because it's so damn easy to predict failure. In all likelihood the Broncos WON'T win the Superbowl. Health, luck, and a whole bunch of factors go into it. The best team doesn't always win (hell, I'm not sure the best team USUALLY wins). Last year the Ravens were not the best team in football. The 2008 Giants were definitely not the best team that year.

So when we probably don't win the Superbowl we're going to have this guy and others like him here crowing, like a modern day football Nostradamus, about how they saw it coming all along.

There is no question this team is good enough to win it all. If we can get healthier (Champ!) I think we'll have a really good chance. We just need to hope for some good Karma to make the whole thing happen.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #134
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
This is the same guy that lamented the "disappointing season" we are having over on Reddit. We we're 10-2 at the time.

Dude's just negative.

Which pisses me off. Because it's so damn easy to predict failure. In all likelihood the Broncos WON'T win the Superbowl. Health, luck, and a whole bunch of factors go into it. The best team doesn't always win (hell, I'm not sure the best team USUALLY wins). Last year the Ravens were not the best team in football. The 2008 Giants were definitely not the best team that year.

So when we probably don't win the Superbowl we're going to have this guy and others like him here crowing, like a modern day football Nostradamus, about how they saw it coming all along.

There is no question this team is good enough to win it all. If we can get healthier (Champ!) I think we'll have a really good chance. We just need to hope for some good Karma to make the whole thing happen.
This x 1000
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #135
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
We win it all, and i'll be the first person on this board with a big "I was wrong, flame me for being a dumb ****" thread. I will personally write a thread apologising for getting it wrong and would be so happy to do so. Guaranteed.

Not going and u-turning and saying it's actually all grand cos we beat Ryan Fitzpatrick at home either though, cmon man. Bigger tests ahead.
Playoffs are an incredibly small sample size where randomness/sheer luck can take over (look no further than last year). People STILL try to write a narrative to explain last year's game, even though it was just one big anomaly.

Every team has issues, but as many of us continue to say, we have a good a chance as anyone. Its hard to win a super bowl, it depends on many factors. But we are good enough to beat any team in the league.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #136
spiralism
Pro Bowler
 
spiralism's Avatar
 
Fox MUST go

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 729

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
This is the same guy that lamented the "disappointing season" we are having over on Reddit. We we're 10-2 at the time.

Dude's just negative.

Which pisses me off. Because it's so damn easy to predict failure. In all likelihood the Broncos WON'T win the Superbowl. Health, luck, and a whole bunch of factors go into it. The best team doesn't always win (hell, I'm not sure the best team USUALLY wins). Last year the Ravens were not the best team in football. The 2008 Giants were definitely not the best team that year.

So when we probably don't win the Superbowl we're going to have this guy and others like him here crowing, like a modern day football Nostradamus, about how they saw it coming all along.

There is no question this team is good enough to win it all. If we can get healthier (Champ!) I think we'll have a really good chance. We just need to hope for some good Karma to make the whole thing happen.
This was the reddit quote fwiw:

Quote:
and most teams have had depth wiped out at some point, its been a bad season for all teams regarding injuries, have to clarify
I know it's being negative, but i've not been the type to stick fingers in my ears and pretend it hasnt been happening either, if we're gonna underperform i'll say it. I'm just too used to this team being a letdown in the past number of years that i'm cynical as **** now.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #137
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,061

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
This was the reddit quote fwiw:



I know it's being negative, but i've not been the type to stick fingers in my ears and pretend it hasnt been happening either, if we're gonna underperform i'll say it. I'm just too used to this team being a letdown in the past number of years that i'm cynical as **** now.
Curious, would you consider the 2007 Patriots frauds?
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #138
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Predicting your team won't win the SB doesn't make you some kind of guru. So many things go into it and some of the best teams I've ever seen never even made it to the big dance. I think Denver can get there and win, but the team that goes has to be really hot, healthy and a little lucky. This whole "if we win the SB I'll admit I was wrong" is horse crap.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #139
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Go Broncos!!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western CO
Posts: 1,130

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
This was the reddit quote fwiw:



I know it's being negative, but i've not been the type to stick fingers in my ears and pretend it hasnt been happening either, if we're gonna underperform i'll say it. I'm just too used to this team being a letdown in the past number of years that i'm cynical as **** now.
The Broncos are one of the most successful franchises in all of pro sports over the last 3 decades. I'm not sure how that is "underperforming".

Part of being a sports fan is being "letdown".

I'm not sure you have the mental, emotional, or testicular fortitude to be a sports fan if being a fan of one of the most successful teams in all of pro sports makes you "cynical as ****". Because you are really coming across as a thin skinned, entitled a-hole.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #140
spiralism
Pro Bowler
 
spiralism's Avatar
 
Fox MUST go

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 729

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Curious, would you consider the 2007 Patriots frauds?
I'd consider them the most historic chokers in the history of sport and a team that will forever be associated with bottling it hilariously so there's that..
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #141
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

So basically it's like I said; using your single criterion there are 31 frauds every year.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #142
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
I'd consider them the most historic chokers in the history of sport and a team that will forever be associated with bottling it hilariously so there's that..
They lost one football game that required some miracle catch. I dunno that that makes them "chokers"
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #143
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,828

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Yep... Definitely one of my finer thread bumps.

theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #144
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
LOUD NOISES
I threw a trident.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #145
spiralism
Pro Bowler
 
spiralism's Avatar
 
Fox MUST go

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 729

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
They lost one football game that required some miracle catch. I dunno that that makes them "chokers"
It does when it's the superbowl and you're enormous favorites to complete an unbeaten season. It;s like that meme of brady where it said "18-1 doesn't matter when the 1 comes at the end of the season" They're the poster boys for choking and will never really live it down imo.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #146
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
It does when it's the superbowl and you're enormous favorites to complete an unbeaten season. It;s like that meme of brady where it said "18-1 doesn't matter when the 1 comes at the end of the season" They're the poster boys for choking and will never really live it down imo.
You and I define "choking" differently.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #147
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,249

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #148
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You and I define "choking" differently.
I think we all define choking differently, but I agree that NE did not choke in that game, they were beaten by some big plays by a team who almost beat them in the final game of the regular season.

Choking was more of what DEN did at NE earlier this year. Being up 24 at halftime and losing is a massive choke.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #149
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,828

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I threw a trident.
I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #150
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I think we all define choking differently, but I agree that NE did not choke in that game, they were beaten by some big plays by a team who almost beat them in the final game of the regular season.

Choking was more of what DEN did at NE earlier this year. Being up 24 at halftime and losing is a massive choke.
Or what denver did in the final minute of last year's ravens game.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Denver Broncos