The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2014, 11:12 PM   #426
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I agree it all has to do with how much you can connect with something. If you give money to the Olympic team, wait for it, can't wait to watch it, it's not a reach to say that person may feel a special connection with the athletes. Then they watch them perform to either get happy or sad based on the outcome. It's not hubris, it's being proud that our country give women a chance to shine, gives minorities a chance to shine.

It's ok to be proud of things even if you didn't do them directly. The reason many fans felt the Superbowl loss so hard is because they do feel closely associated with the team. You can say its silly, pathetic, stupid, whatever.

I was proud of the way my brother fought cancer and won. I was proud of my dad when his camera guidance system led the Stardust probe to it's target. I didn't really do anything though, but i was still proud of them.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:21 AM   #427
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I agree it all has to do with how much you can connect with something. If you give money to the Olympic team, wait for it, can't wait to watch it, it's not a reach to say that person may feel a special connection with the athletes. Then they watch them perform to either get happy or sad based on the outcome. It's not hubris, it's being proud that our country give women a chance to shine, gives minorities a chance to shine.

It's ok to be proud of things even if you didn't do them directly. The reason many fans felt the Superbowl loss so hard is because they do feel closely associated with the team. You can say its silly, pathetic, stupid, whatever.

I was proud of the way my brother fought cancer and won. I was proud of my dad when his camera guidance system led the Stardust probe to it's target. I didn't really do anything though, but i was still proud of them.
So if the opposite of pride is shame, do the same people who feel pride in being a fan of a team when they win also feel ashamed of their fanhood when they lose? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

And like I said, that's assuming the opposite of pride is shame. Having been raised catholic, I was always taught that the opposite of Pride is Humility.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #428
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I think even dictionaries have it humility. Not sure that is a Catholic thing lol.

Lot's of different levels of pride, shame, and humility. Then again it's all semantics because we can't truly ever tell another person exactly how we feel about something. It's hard to know what's in another persons heart or mind.

For example i do feel pride when our Olympic team wins. But if they lose I don't feel shame. But if they went over there and went beyond just losing, to committing crimes or being a-holes, yes I would be ashamed and upset about it. That would not however be the same sort of shame I would feel if I myself did something to be ashamed over. That would be much more intense.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #429
El Minion
Ring of Famer

This will warm txtebow racist heart:

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末

Death Penalty and Race

Race of Homicide Victims in Cases Resulting in an Execution since 1976

In a 1990 report, the non-partisan U.S. General Accounting Office found "a pattern of evidence indicating racial disparities in the charging, sentencing, and imposition of the death penalty." The study concluded that a defendant was several times more likely to be sentenced to death if the murder victim was white. This has been confirmed by the findings of many other studies that, holding all other factors constant, the single most reliable predictor of whether someone will be sentenced to death is the race of the victim.

From initial charging decisions to plea bargaining to jury sentencing, African-Americans are treated more harshly when they are defendants, and their lives are accorded less value when they are victims. All-white or virtually all-white juries are still commonplace in many localities.
  • A report sponsored by the American Bar Association in 2007 concluded that one-third of African-American death row inmates in Philadelphia would have received sentences of life imprisonment if they had not been African-American.
  • A January 2003 study released by the University of Maryland concluded that race and geography are major factors in death penalty decisions. Specifically, prosecutors are more likely to seek a death sentence when the race of the victim is white and are less likely to seek a death sentence when the victim is African-American.
  • A 2007 study of death sentences in Connecticut conducted by Yale University School of Law revealed that African-American defendants receive the death penalty at three times the rate of white defendants in cases where the victims are white. In addition, killers of white victims are treated more severely than people who kill minorities, when it comes to deciding what charges to bring.
"We simply cannot say we live in a country that offers equal justice to all Americans when racial disparities plague the system by which our society imposes the ultimate punishment." --Senator Russ Feingold on Civil Rights as a Priority for the 108th Congress, Senate, January 2003
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #430
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default In Cambridge, MA....

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/02/1...ge-sidewalk-2/

"Police are looking for a man who was apparently throwing sucker punches at random victims on a Cambridge sidewalk where one of the assaults was captured on video.

A witness says a man and woman were leaving a store on Massachusetts Avenue near Dana Street when an assailant approached from behind and punched the man in the head Saturday afternoon."

Last edited by txtebow; 02-18-2014 at 01:42 PM..
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #431
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default In Minnesota....

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...r-fatal-punch/

After 17 months of waiting, a family finally learned how much time the man who killed their son will be in prison.

A Stearns County judge sentenced 18-year-old Jesse Smithers to 10 years on Thursday. Smithers admitted to delivering the deadly punch in a St. Cloud alley almost a year and a half ago.

On Sept. 21, 2012, Colton Gleason was walking with friends when a car pulled up, and Smithers got out and punched him. Colton died after falling and hitting his head.

His father, John Gleason, says the pain, bitterness and hurt his family feels did not go away with the sentencing of the man responsible for his son痴 death.

展e致e been given a life sentence by this cowardice attack and murder of our son, John said. 滴e値l serve very few short years and he値l be back out again, and our son is gone forever.

John says his son was the victim of a deadly 徒nockout game.

典his group was out there and their intentions were very clear. This is unprovoked. They stopped and they saw someone they thought they could victimize, he said. 鼎olton didn稚 have a chance to even turn and defend himself when somebody blind-sided punched him.

Go ahead....support this violent, one sided, anti social behavior by your SILENCE you COWARDS....
Old 02-20-2014, 07:09 AM   #432
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default In England...

Teenager who blamed attacks on random strangers on being a 'young black male' is spared jail
-Shaqueil Samuels, 19, punched a bus passenger who glanced at him
-Days later Samuels and his friends attacked a man on a train passenger
-He told the court his actions were due to being seen as a 'young black male'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2tsKEKc2k
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 02-20-2014, 07:12 AM   #433
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Another "symptom" of the destruction in the nuclear family

AND ANOTHER GLARING EXAMPLE OF THE MEDIA'S HYPOCRISY WHEN IT COMES TO REPORTING ON CRIME IN AMERICA....

Officials vowed to get tough after the last episode of black mob violence at Kings Plaza mall in Brooklyn a few days after Christmas.

So they banned teenagers from the mall. That lasted two days.

展e ask that they respect the center痴 code of conduct while visiting the center, mall owners pleaded after giving in.

This week, they returned: Hundreds of black people running, fighting, creating mayhem at the Kings Plaza Mall.

The CBS local news headlines promised the story: 滴undreds Of Teenagers Run Wild. But the reporter dutifully downplayed the violence and ignored the central organizing feature of the perpetrators. They were black.

的t was just a bunch of kids misbehaving, causing havoc in the mall and stuff like that, Shawn Reece said to the CBS reporter. 典hey play manhunt you know just having fun. But I guess it got a little bit out of hand.

Local websites were not quite eager to overlook the obvious. Not this time. Over at Sheepsheadbites.com, the locals were in an uproar:

的 can稚 believe there was not more publicity on this, said one resident. 擢latbush avenue was a mob scene. Traffic backed up to the entrance of the belt parkway with mobs of teenagers everywhere. I couldn稚 believe my eyes. My normal commute home took an additional hour because I couldn稚 get past the mall. They need to shut down this crime magnet ASAP!!

Even in the hipster haven of Brooklyn, where diversity is celebrated daily, more and more people are starting to wonder not why black people were acting out, but why so many others were so eager to ignore it.

摘veryone says young kids, youths, teens. No one is pointing out that the race of these youths is black which is a cause for concern because the neighborhood is mixed. If it were Asians doing this the media would致e made the observation by now. Why is the news not reporting?

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/brooklyn-...p8Ys93g6DR5.99
Old 02-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #434
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default GOOGLE doesn't like stories about black mob violence....

Google doesn稚 like stories about black mob violence. So it recently decided to stop sending its ads to accompany the WND stories about this largely secretive topic.

Which is strange, very strange. Because, by far, the No. 1 source for news about black mob violence is Google.

Without Google, I never would have been able to document in 展hite Girl Bleed a Lot: The Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It more than a thousand examples of black mob violence over the last three years.

Without Google, I never would have learned how members of a black fraternity in bucolic Springfield, Mo., attacked two white people near a frat party. And how one almost died. And how no one was arrested. And how local media ignored it.

And how this is happening all over the country.

Without Google, I never would have learned about 500 black people attended a party called 鄭n All Black Affair in New Haven, Conn. And how they fought and destroyed property at the party, then outside, then at two other establishments that same night. And how now one was arrested and how local media ignored it.

Without Google, I never would have learned that 500 black people were fighting and attacking police at a movie theater outside of Rochester. And how instead of carting them off to jail, they put them in buses for a free ride home.

Without Google, I never would have learned about how a family court judge in Philadelphia explained black-on-white violence: White people deserve it, he said.

Without Google, I never could have tracked down all the video showing what local media is loathe to talk about.

Without Google, hundreds victims of black mob violence could not have told me about their experiences. That includes cops, prison psychologists, moms, teachers, clerks, nurses, doctors and on and on.

Without Google, I never would have learned how very few black people work in the upper reaches of Google. And how the same people who do not like 展hite Girl Bleed a Lot also dislike Google for the same reason.

Without Google, more than 100,000 people would never have found my website WhiteGirlBleedaLot.com that documents the racial violence.

Without Google, 展hite Girl Bleed a Lot would never have stayed for months on top of several Amazon best-seller lists.

So I知 so grateful to Google. In that spirit, let me offer a few suggestions to help Google in its quest for racial cleansing.

First, Google should block the results for anyone who enters the term 澱lack mob violence into its ubiquitous search engine.

There are lots of other phrases to block too: I use them in Google News Alerts to get a heads up on new episodes of racial mayhem.

Here痴 a partial list of the phrases I follow like bread crumbs: Unruly teens, rambunctious teenagers, roving bands of youth, random attack, assault with no pattern, violence for no reason, large groups of people fighting, mob violence, bash mob, flash mob, black beach week, black expo, caught on camera, critical race theory, looting, Memorial Day assault, fireworks fight, teen violence, white privilege, and many, many more.

But by far, the most reliable indicator of racial violence comes from Google News Alerts about any story containing the phrase 斗arge fight.

Better block it.

There痴 a lot of racial violence out there. So Google has a lot of work to do. I don稚 like its chances.

There are too many videos, too many witnesses, too many victims, too many stories, too many people tired of being prisoner to this untruth to allow the epidemic of black mob violence to stay a secret any more.

Whether Google likes it. Or not.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/the-irony...8cvI6kaYRsW.99
Old 02-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #435
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default There is no white boogeyman....

READ THIS Houghtham, wigs, arkie, etc.....then READ IT AGAIN.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/20/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t4

"Indeed, John Roman, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute's Justice Policy Center, found (PDF) that of the 53,019 homicides from 2005 through 2010, white-on-black homicides accounted for only 3.9%, while black-on-white homicides were 8.77%. White-on-white and black-on-black homicides accounted for 44.14% and 43.18%, respectively."
Old 02-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #436
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Knockout game in IOWA....

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/a...9bb2963f4.html

"
An ISU student who said he was the victim of the "knockout game" last Saturday night said he wants others to learn from his experience.

Tony Behnke, sophomore in agriculture and life sciences education, said he was walking northbound on Stanton Avenue at 4 a.m. Sunday when he was punched in the head.

Behnke said he was walking home when a black Buick four-door car drove slowly past him.

哲o one else was around me. I figured it was just kind of an awkward coincidence. 'I thought I知 just freaking myself out', Behnke said. 展hen I noticed that the car was driving slowly on the road to my left, I heard footsteps behind me. I figured it was probably just someone out that had been drinking.

Behnke said that he continued walking and even sped up, but the suspect whom Behnke described as a 6-foot-tall African American male with dreadlocks continued to closely follow him.

的 turned and looked at him to just kind of make eye contact. He stayed behind me pretty close but he never jogged in front of me. At one point in time I even stopped to let him pass and get in front of me, but he just stood there, Behnke said.

Behnke said he was on the sidewalk outside of Es Tas Bar and Grill when the man punched him on the left side of his head near his temple, knocking Behnke to the ground.

迭ight after he punched me I was able to pick myself back up and watch him get back in the car. At the time I had adrenaline pumping so it didn稚 hurt as bad as I thought it would, Behnke said. 滴e definitely hit me a lot harder than I thought he did.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #437
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default wow! It's been almost 2 weeks before I could post an article of unprovoked BLACK ON WHITE VIOLENCE

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/03/...owery-assault/

Kyle Rogers woke up in an ambulance Sunday morning, completely unaware of the random attack that put him there.

The 23-year-old man and his parents then investigated, eventually tracking down surveillance video showing a man running up to Rogers and sucker-punching him before walking off.

Rogers, who broke his jaw and suffered facial lacerations, told CBS 2′s Jessica Schneider he痴 positive he was a victim of a 徒nockout game attack.

WHERE'S THE NATIONAL MEDIA OUTCRY

Old 03-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #438
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/10-day-bl...knockout-game/

"
Just when the Knockout Game is declared dead, a week of heightened bloodshed proves reports of its demise to be greatly exaggerated.

Five months after the New York Times said this spontaneous racial violence was an urban myth; four months after NPR admitted it happened once in a while but race had nothing to do with it; three months after CBS News said maybe it was happening after all; two months after a Philadelphia family court judge said racial violence exists because white people deserve it; and one month after CNN said the Knockout Game fad was over, victims and videos and witnesses and suspects just keep piling up.

Just in the last 10 days, there have been several reports, but many in the media still refuse to connect the dots and report the central organizing feature of the Knockout Game: The perpetrators are black. The victims are not.

News of the latest case surfaced last week from Florida. The lead sentence from WOKV-TV tells the story: 典he 銭nock Out game has officially come to Jacksonville.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #439
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Old 03-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #440
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

http://www.kctv5.com/video?autoStart...clipId=9964741

Mayor Sly gets testy about latest round of black mob violence in Kansas City. This time at the Zoo. And good Lord, a reporter actually seems to push back. Asking: This is happening a lot at public spaces around Kansas City. So what is going on? Mayor does not like that. - See more at: http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/#sthash.9jjq4qlJ.dpuf
Old 03-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #441
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default WORLDSTAR HIP HOP FIGHT VIDEO GONE "WRONG"

Old 03-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #442
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #443
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

So...you know that txtebow has to be a black guy. The only people this wrapped up in what's going on with black people are black people. He's like Uncle Ruckus on the Boondocks.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 03-24-2014 at 07:32 PM..
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:11 PM   #444
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Cracks me up when parents say it's the kids my kid hangs out with! Nope it's your kid, he's a thug.

Hard labor for violent criminals. That is the solution. Regular prison is like club med to bangers and thugs.

They are lazy, make them work. White thugs, Latino thugs, black thugs, doesn't matter make them break rocks with sledgehammers. If they want to also bash themselves with the hammers, have at it.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #445
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

http://allenbwest.com/2014/03/15-yr-...ims-mentioned/

Philadelphia reports, 撤hiladelphia Police said a 15-yr-old girl has been arrested Tuesday and is expected to be charged with aggravated assault for allegedly hitting a 19-year-old Temple University student in the face with the brick, nearly knocking her teeth out.

WHY NO MENTION OF THE VICTIM's RACE?

If the roles were reversed this would be repeated every 30 minutes on CNN, NBC, CBS etc...

Last edited by txtebow; 03-26-2014 at 07:57 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #446
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #447
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=9477253

#RATCHET
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (180.9 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by txtebow; 03-26-2014 at 11:56 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #448
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I'm telling y'all, txtebox is a black guy!

Last edited by Jason in LA; 03-26-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #449
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

What would Uncle Ruckus say about those 3 b****es?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #450
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Public School teachers in Philly need to be given hazardous duty pay

http://articles.philly.com/2014-03-2...ar-old-student

staffer assigned to quell violence at a Philadelphia high school was knocked unconscious in what one union official called the worst assault since a Germantown High School teacher's neck was broken in 2007 by a student.

Alphonso Stevens, known as a conflict-resolution specialist, suffered a fractured skull, concussion, and other injuries.

The incident happened Friday when students were changing classes at Bartram High School. A 17-year-old student got into a verbal exchange with Stevens then grabbed him by the arm "and pushed him into the wall," said Raven Hill, a district spokeswoman.

May as well close the institution down, have them proceed directly to the nearest correctional facility for their job placement and inmate clothes

Stevens fell to the floor, unconscious. He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment and is now recovering at home.

Jerry Jordan, president of the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers, said the attack on Stevens was "the worst injury" he has seen since a student punched Frank Burd in the face several times in 2007, causing him to fall and break his neck.