The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 AM   #376
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Was it in the butt? Please tell me it was in the butt.
Where's the national outrage? Where's the DOJ sponsored marches?
You despicable, self loathing hypocrite.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:15 AM   #377
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Was it in the butt? Please tell me it was in the butt.
The cops deemed that physical assault as " harassment". What if that was YOUR mother houghtham? How would you feel about the police officials deeming your mother getting hit in the head as simple harassment?
Old 01-09-2014, 06:32 AM   #378
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg tebow.jpeg (9.3 KB, 105 views)
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #379
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
The cops deemed that physical assault as " harassment". What if that was YOUR mother houghtham? How would you feel about the police officials deeming your mother getting hit in the head as simple harassment?
Old 01-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #380
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
I thought family smack was a "go bye-bye" offense.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #381
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I thought family smack was a "go bye-bye" offense.
Like many other topics that are discussed here, you are seemingly lost and confused. It's not Family "SMACK talk" there is no "I WISH" it's "What if"---Go watch the video. It's en elderly white lady being sucker punched by a young thug who recorded the attack with his "Obama phone" and the policE called that harassment instead of assault.

AGAIN,THE POLICE CALLED A PUNCH IN THE FACE BY A YOUNG THUG TO THE FACE OF AN ELDERLY WOMAN "HARASSMENT" AND not ASSAULT
Old 01-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #382
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Video of the most exploited incident labelled as the 'knockout game,' by those with the racial agenda, with additional comments from Bill O'Reilly.

'Knockout Game' Is A Fabricated Trend, Victim James Addlespurger Says (VIDEO)
Quote:
The "Knockout Game" -- a supposed trend in which kids dare one another to sucker punch an unsuspecting victim -- is purely a media fabrication.

That's what James Addlespurger tells HuffPost Live. The Pittsburgh teacher was seen on video in October 2012 getting hit in the back of the head so hard that he instantly blacked out and fell face-first into the pavement.

Addlespurger says the security footage has been used to identify the supposed "trend" -- and it's played on TV news shows countless times
-- but he doesn't call the attack a "Knockout Game." He simply calls it "assault."

"I feel like I'm exploited," Addlespurger told HuffPost Live. "People need a label. If they're selling toothpaste or CDs, or news stories, they need a label ... To me it's an assault, plain and simple."

The supposed trend, he says, evolved from his and a few other videos on the Internet showing men recording themselves knocking people out. But just because you can find it on YouTube doesn't mean it's a violent trend.
Video, well worth watching. --->http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4408112.html
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #383
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Is the News Media Over-Hyping "The Knockout Game?"

Quote:
"The Knockout Game" is a phenomenon where teens assault strangers by trying to knock them out with one punch. Is this a new trend? Is the media making it worse? Jeffrey Butts, director of the Research and Evaluation Center at John Jay College of Criminal Justice at CUNY assesses the patterns behind this story and how it's being addressed by the media.
What We Learned

o It's All About the Video Jeffrey Butts says while this is not a new phenomenon, it's getting attention now because there are videos.
o Are These Hate Crimes? Butts says this is way too early to be attributing this to hate crime. Victims are wide-ranging.
o For Teens, This May Not Seem Like Big Deal Butts suggested that for teens, if violence is a normal thing in your life, punching someone may seem like a minor infraction, and that the media attention is partly responsible for spreading this meme.
o Does Race Matter? Several listeners called in to suggest that these crimes seem to racially motivated and mainly a black on white thing. Butts says, "In any kind of criminal behavior, people tend to focus on the race and ethnicity of both the victim and the perpetrator. I think it's just inappropriate to draw inferences from a few cases or even from a dominant pattern because that encourages you to think about this as a racial behavior. I think it's more about the age of the perpetrators; it's probably more about social class."
o This Isn't A New Thing Butts says that in a search of the Washington Post archives, there was a mention of "The Knockout Game" in 1895.
o Let's Stop Calling it a Game "If these things were called 'random attacks' or 'sudden assaults' or something other than the word 'game' it may communicate a different message," says Butts.
http://www.wnyc.org/story/news-media...knockout-game/
Quote:
Jeffrey A. Butts is director of the Research and Evaluation Center at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York (CUNY). Previously, he was a research fellow with Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago, director of the Program on Youth Justice at the Urban Institute in Washington, DC, and senior research associate at the National Center for Juvenile Justice in Pittsburgh. Since 1990, Dr. Butts has managed more than $12 million of research projects and published two books, dozens of monographs and reports for government agencies and foundations, as well as articles in academic and peer-reviewed journals. He began his career as a drug abuse counselor with the juvenile court in Eugene, Oregon. He holds a B.A. from the University of Oregon, an MSW from Portland State University, and a Ph.D. from the University of Michigan.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #384
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Is the News Media Over-Hyping "The Knockout Game?"

What We Learned

o It's All About the Video Jeffrey Butts says while this is not a new phenomenon, it's getting attention now because there are videos.
o Are These Hate Crimes? Butts says this is way too early to be attributing this to hate crime. Victims are wide-ranging.
o For Teens, This May Not Seem Like Big Deal Butts suggested that for teens, if violence is a normal thing in your life, punching someone may seem like a minor infraction, and that the media attention is partly responsible for spreading this meme.
o Does Race Matter? Several listeners called in to suggest that these crimes seem to racially motivated and mainly a black on white thing. Butts says, "In any kind of criminal behavior, people tend to focus on the race and ethnicity of both the victim and the perpetrator. I think it's just inappropriate to draw inferences from a few cases or even from a dominant pattern because that encourages you to think about this as a racial behavior. I think it's more about the age of the perpetrators; it's probably more about social class."
o This Isn't A New Thing Butts says that in a search of the Washington Post archives, there was a mention of "The Knockout Game" in 1895.
o Let's Stop Calling it a Game "If these things were called 'random attacks' or 'sudden assaults' or something other than the word 'game' it may communicate a different message," says Butts.
http://www.wnyc.org/story/news-media...knockout-game/
INTERRACIAL CRIME.Video doesn't lie; your own leftist prejudices will make a liar out of you though....
Old 01-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #385
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
INTERRACIAL CRIME.Video doesn't lie; your own prejudices will make a liar out of you though....
you should listen to your own advice.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #386
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
INTERRACIAL CRIME.Video doesn't lie; your own leftist prejudices will make a liar out of you though....
I posted without comment.

Tell me about my 'leftist prejudices.'

BTW this threads is not about 'interracial crime' it's about media reporting of the so-called 'knockout game.'

You have ignored your own thread topic and used it as an opportunity to vent your race obsession at every opportunity.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #387
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
I posted without comment.

Tell me about my 'leftist prejudices.'

BTW this threads is not about 'interracial crime' it's about media reporting of the so-called 'knockout game.'

You have ignored your own thread topic and used it as an opportunity to vent your race obsession at every opportunity.
The "Knockout game" ort "polar bear hunting" are slang terms used by ghetto slime to help popularize their assaults of unsuspecting strangers. It just so happens to be that the many of these assaults are of the interracial variety and many more of them have black perpetrators than white perpetrators which furthers my point of the media drooling like Pavlov's Dog when even a POTENTIAL incident of white perp on black victim interracial crime occurs( a rarity) versus the much more common (85% of the time) circumstance where Blacks are the perps and Whites are the victims.

Why does our media (and DOJ) respond with such inequitable force when the victim appears to be black and the perp white, whereas some cases of black on white violence are categorized as "harassment" instead of assault (SEE ABOVE)?

How do you LEFTISTS reconcile this?
Old 01-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #388
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The "Knockout game" ort "polar bear hunting" are slang terms used by ghetto slime to help popularize their assaults of unsuspecting strangers. It just so happens to be that the many of these assaults are of the interracial variety and many more of them have black perpetrators than white perpetrators which furthers my point of the media drooling like Pavlov's Dog when even a POTENTIAL incident of white perp on black victim interracial crime occurs( a rarity) versus the much more common (85% of the time) circumstance where Blacks are the perps and Whites are the victims.

Why does our media (and DOJ) respond with such inequitable force when the victim appears to be black and the perp white, whereas some cases of black on white violence are categorized as "harassment" instead of assault (SEE ABOVE)?

How do you LEFTISTS reconcile this?
No need to reconcile it, it's A BS opinion that requires no time wasted on it.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #389
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
No need to reconcile it, it's A BS opinion that requires no time wasted on it.
You're racist for not recognizing these heinous interracial crimes. You can Denounce them now and recognize the genesis of these crimes as the breakdown of the nuclear family particularly in the black community.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #390
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Follow up to an interracial crime I posted earlier in this thread....

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/01/14...all-new-jersey

Police have released the 911 calls in a fatal carjacking outside of a New Jersey mall.

In the calls, Jamie Friedland says, “I’m at the Short Hills Mall parking lot. My husband has been shot! They called an ambulance a half hour ago – where is the ambulance?”
Police say it took 18 minutes for the ambulance to arrive at the mall, but because of the low height of the entrance, it took longer for the first responders to get to victim Dustin Friedland.
The four men accused in the carjacking have been charged with murder.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #391
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Hold on, gotta go check snopes to make sure you're not just making **** up again...

Old 01-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #392
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Follow up to an interracial crime I posted earlier in this thread....

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/01/14...all-new-jersey

Police have released the 911 calls in a fatal carjacking outside of a New Jersey mall.

In the calls, Jamie Friedland says, “I’m at the Short Hills Mall parking lot. My husband has been shot! They called an ambulance a half hour ago – where is the ambulance?”
Police say it took 18 minutes for the ambulance to arrive at the mall, but because of the low height of the entrance, it took longer for the first responders to get to victim Dustin Friedland.
The four men accused in the carjacking have been charged with murder.
Hmm, there can only be one conclusion to be drawn from this. A black man designed the ambulance and another black man designed the bridge to MAKE SURE NO HELP COULD GET TO WHITEY!!!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #393
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

When Tyrone and Antoine attack and brutally beat Johnny it's called a " game".... If the roles were reversed it would be called what it is, a hate crime.

NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 29, 2014 (WPVI) -- A Northeast Philadelphia middle school student was the victim of a random attack - video of which was later posted online.

Police now say two suspects have been arrested and investigators are looking for a third. They also say this definitely appears to be a part of the so-called knockout game.

The video is disturbing. After randomly punching the juvenile victim, two of the suspects proceed to further pummel him while a friend films and laughs.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=9411633
Old 02-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #394
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Well it's been a few weeks since we had a violent assault

"The victim, a 27-year-old man from Byron, asked not to be identified because he and the other three victims have children in the school system and fear reprisal. He said they went to Demon Valley to take their children sledding, and while they were there a group of people in front of the school was having a snowball fight.

The wife of one of the men in the sledding group stayed in their van with their infant child. When members of the group having the snowball fight began hitting the van, the victim said, the woman got out and asked them to stop.

At that point, he said, someone hit her with a snowball, and part of the snowball landed on the baby. The woman’s husband then approached, asked the group to stop and was attacked, he said. He and two other men in the sledding group who came to his aid were assaulted. He said no one in the sledding group instigated physical contact.

The victim said three of them, including himself, suffered concussions, and one had two cracked ribs. Members of the sledding group were white, and those involved in the snowball fight were black. He said the attackers yelled racial comments at them during the assault.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/02/05/2918...#storylink=cpy

WHERE 'YOU AT ERIC HOLDER WHERE ARE THE FEDERAL HATE CRIME CHARGES?? WHERE IS THE NATIONAL FUNDED PROTEST
Attached Images
File Type: jpg assault.jpg (31.1 KB, 46 views)
Old 02-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #395
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Knockout game not the problem. The problem is just overall thuggery and the fact we let them out of prison too soon.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #396
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Knockout game not the problem. The problem is just overall thuggery and the fact we let them out of prison too soon.
It's not thuggery, it's just kids being kids. I mean we all put our pants the same way ............... well maybe not.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #397
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I know with Black History month, where's txtebow's white history month!...

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

The history white people need to learn
Anyone who wants "white history month" should learn instead about how whiteness has been used to discriminate
Mary-Alice Daniel

Picketers outside Rich's department store protesting against segregated eating facilities at one of its lunch counters in Atlanta, Ga., on Oct. 19, 1960. (Credit: AP)

Invariably, around February of each year, coinciding with Black History Month, you’ll hear people asking, “Why isn’t there a white history month?”

Do these people mean we should condense all the American history centering around white people to just one month and devote the other 11 to people of color? Of course not.
It’s readily accepted that white history is taught, year-round, to the exclusion of minority histories. But the literal history of whiteness — how and when and why what it means to be white was formulated — is always neglected. The construction of the white identity is a brilliant piece of social engineering. Its origins and heritage should be examined in order to add a critical layer of complexity to a national conversation sorely lacking in nuance.

I’m guessing that’s not what they mean, either.

In conversations about race, I’ve frequently tried and failed to express the idea that whiteness is a social construct. So, here, in plain fact, is what I mean:

The very notion of whiteness is relatively recent in our human history, linked to the rise of European colonialism and the Atlantic slave trade in the 17th century as a way to distinguish the master from the slave. From its inception, “white” was not simply a separate race, but the superior race. “White people,” in opposition to non-whites or “colored” people, have constituted a meaningful social category for only a few hundred years, and the conception of who is included in that category has changed repeatedly. If you went back to even just the beginning of the last century, you’d witness a completely different racial configuration of whites and non-whites. The original white Americans — those from England, certain areas of Western Europe, and the Nordic States — excluded other European immigrants from that category to deny them jobs, social standing, and legal privileges. It’s not widely known in the U.S. that several ethnic groups, such as Germans, Italians, Russians and the Irish, were excluded from whiteness and considered non-white as recently as the early 20th century.

Members of these groups sometimes sued the state in order to be legally recognized as white, so they could access a variety of rights available only to whites — specifically American citizenship, which was then limited, by the U.S. Naturalization Law of 1790, to “free white persons” of “good character.” Attorney John Tehranian writes in the Yale Law Journal thatpetitioners could present a case based not on skin color, but on “religious practices, culture, education, intermarriage and [their] community’s role,” to try to secure their admission to this elite social group and its accompanying advantages.

More than color, it was class that defined race. For whiteness to maintain its superiority, membership had to be strictly controlled. The “gift” of whiteness was bestowed on those who could afford it, or when it was politically expedient. In his book “How the Irish Became White,” Noel Ignatiev argues that Irish immigrants were incorporated into whiteness in order to suppress the economic competitiveness of free black workers and undermine efforts to unite low-wage black and Irish Americans into an economic bloc bent on unionizing labor. The aspiration to whiteness was exploited to politically and socially divide groups that had more similarities than differences. It was an apple dangled in front of working-class immigrant groups, often as a reward for subjugating other groups.

A lack of awareness of these facts has lent credence to the erroneous belief that whiteness is inherent and has always existed, either as an actual biological difference or as a cohesive social grouping. Some still claim it is natural for whites to gravitate to their own and that humans are tribal and predisposed to congregate with their kind. It’s easy, simple and natural: White people have always been white people. Thinking about racial identity is for those other people.

Those who identify as white should start thinking about their inheritance of this identity and understand its implications. When what counts as your “own kind” changes so frequently and is so susceptible to contemporaneous political schemes, it becomes impossible to argue an innate explanation for white exclusion. Whiteness was never about skin color or a natural inclination to stand with one’s own; it was designed to racialize power and conveniently dehumanize outsiders and the enslaved. It has always been a calculated game with very real economic motivations and benefits.

This revelation should not function as an excuse for those in groups recently accepted as white to claim to understand racism, to absolve themselves of white privilege or to deny that their forefathers, while not considered white, were still, in the hierarchy created by whites, responsible in turn for oppressing those “lower” on the racial scale. During the Civil War, Irish immigrants were responsible for some of the most violent attacks against freedmen in the North, such as the wave of lynchings during the 1863 Draft Riots, in which “the majority of participants were Irish,” according to Eric Foner’s book “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877” and various other sources. According to historian Dominic Pacyga, Polish Americans groups in Chicago and Detroit “worked to prevent the integration of blacks into their communities by implementing rigid housing segregation” out of a fear that black people would “leap over them into a higher social status position.”

Behind every racial conversation is a complex history that extends to present-day interactions and policies, and we get nowhere fast if large swaths of our population have a limited frame of reference. An understanding of whiteness might have prevented the utter incapability of some Americans to realize that “Hispanic” is not a race — that white Hispanics do exist, George Zimmerman among them. This knowledge might have lessened the cries that Trayvon Martin’s murder could not have been racially motivated and might have led to, if not a just verdict, a less painfully ignorant response from many white Americans.

This comprehension of whiteness could also dissuade many white people of such detrimental and pervasive racial notions, such as, “Why is black pride OK but white pride is racist?” If students are taught that whiteness is based on a history of exclusion, they might easily see that there is nothing in the designation as “white” to be proud of. Being proud of being white doesn’t mean finding your pale skin pretty or your Swedish history fascinating. It means being proud of the violent disenfranchisement of those barred from this category. Being proud of being black means being proud of surviving this ostracism. Be proud to be Scottish, Norwegian or French, but not white.

Above all, such an education might help answer the question of whose problem modern racism really is. The current divide is a white construction, and it is up to white people to do the necessary work to dismantle the system borne from the slave trade, instead of ignoring it or telling people of color to “get over” its extant legacy. Critics of white studies have claimed that this kind of inquiry leads only to self-hatred and guilt. Leaving aside that avoiding self-reflection out of fear of bad feelings is the direct enemy of personal and intellectual growth, I agree that such an outcome should be resisted, because guilt is an unproductive emotion, and merely feeling guilty is satisfying enough for some. My hope in writing this is that white Americans will discover how it is they came to be set apart from non-whites and decide what they plan to do about it.

So, yes, for one month, let’s hear about white history, educating ourselves and others. Let’s expose whiteness as a fraudulent schema imposed as a means to justify economic and physical bondage. Let’s try to uncover the centuries-old machinations that inform current race relations and bind us in a stalemate of misunderstanding. Then let’s smash this whole thing to pieces.

This piece is the latest in a series by feminists of color, curated by Roxane Gay. To submit to the series, email rgay@salon.com.

Mary-Alice Daniel is a Zell Fellow at the University of Michigan's MFA Program, where she writes poetry and travel essays. She was born in Nigeria and raised all over the world.

Last edited by El Minion; 02-08-2014 at 01:13 PM..
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #398
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

"This comprehension of whiteness could also dissuade many white people of such detrimental and pervasive racial notions, such as, “Why is black pride OK but white pride is racist?” If students are taught that whiteness is based on a history of exclusion, they might easily see that there is nothing in the designation as “white” to be proud of. Being proud of being white doesn’t mean finding your pale skin pretty or your Swedish history fascinating. It means being proud of the violent disenfranchisement of those barred from this category. Being proud of being black means being proud of surviving this ostracism. Be proud to be Scottish, Norwegian or French, but not white."

the bolded sentences are why people who believe like you need to go die on a vine....
Old 02-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #399
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
I know with Black History month, where's txtebow's white history month!...
Really there's no logical reason to have "pride" in one's heritage to begin with. Pride derives from satisfaction over your own achievements or those close to you. Why should I be "proud" that a bunch of people I never met, of whom I am at best a distant (a hundred generations) relation, came up with an idea on which I had zero input? That's not pride, that's taking credit for something you had no part in.

"Pride" in one's heritage is more akin to plagiarism than anything else. Pride in one's race? That's even more screwy.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #400
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
the bolded sentences are why people who believe like you need to go die on a vine....
You first, please. Go take your racist bullshart somewhere else, prick.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote