The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default The Main stream media finally beginning to cover something I brought to the Mane's attention

over a year ago.....


http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rests/3676649/

The dangerous "knockout" attacks on strangers in large U.S. cities are leading to arrests, more officers flooding the streets and more warnings for vigilance among an unsuspecting public.

Perpetrators have dubbed the violent practice as the "knockout game," where young people try to randomly knock out strangers with one punch.

The attacks have raised concerns across the country. Recent attacks have occurred in New York, New Haven, Conn., Washington, D.C. and suburban Philadelphia. But the violent attacks go back several years. In 2011, St. Louis, Mo. had a rash of incidents, one of which led to the killing of a Vietnamese immigrant.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The liberal media won't report about it since it seems to be young blacks doing this to white people, Jews, or other blacks if nothing else. If a white person does this to a black person, then they will suddenly find an interest in reporting this story, which they will use to "prove" racism is so bad and why Obamacare isn't working, Civil Rights groups will suddenly take notice, Jackson and Sharpton will start to care about it, etc. For now, this story must be hushed and pretend is not happening since it ruins the narrative. The liberal media game the past 40 years, but the truth does find its way with the expansion of news coverage and the liberals not controlling all of it anymore.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Tips to quiet that squawking parrot
http://www.examiner.com/article/tips...uawking-parrot
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,800
Default

First it is important to understand why you bird squawks.

Is it an instinctive reaction for species protection? It could be a fear of loss and displacement. Maybe it's lack of self love, feeling of unworthiness and desire to feel superior. It may just be plain ol' ignorance.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Hate crime charges next...

I'd love to read about Arkie and Denverbrit experiencing this "GAME" first hand....

http://news.yahoo.com/knockout-game-...opstories.html

The Brooklyn, N.Y., man accused of assaulting an Orthodox Jew in what appears to be another case of the knockout game is being charged with a hate crime for the alleged attack.


Amrit Marajh, 28, was charged with harassment as a hate crime after he allegedly punched the 24-year-old Orthodox Jewish man Friday morning.

The unidentified victim believes he was attacked as part of the deadly "knockout" game, where an attacker aims to knock out the victim with a single sucker punch, police said.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The liberal media won't report about it since it seems to be young blacks doing this to white people, Jews, or other blacks if nothing else. If a white person does this to a black person, then they will suddenly find an interest in reporting this story, which they will use to "prove" racism is so bad and why Obamacare isn't working, Civil Rights groups will suddenly take notice, Jackson and Sharpton will start to care about it, etc. For now, this story must be hushed and pretend is not happening since it ruins the narrative. The liberal media game the past 40 years, but the truth does find its way with the expansion of news coverage and the liberals not controlling all of it anymore.
It's finally made it's way to the national media by way of the hundreds of reports that first surfaced in "wing nut daily" as some here like to term it and

www.whitegirlbleedalot.com
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

The knockout game is not being played in cities and states with high numbers of concealed carry permits but that will not be brought up by the mainstream media’s anti-gun agenda.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
I'd love to read about Arkie and Denverbrit experiencing this "GAME" first hand....

http://news.yahoo.com/knockout-game-...opstories.html

The Brooklyn, N.Y., man accused of assaulting an Orthodox Jew in what appears to be another case of the knockout game is being charged with a hate crime for the alleged attack.


Amrit Marajh, 28, was charged with harassment as a hate crime after he allegedly punched the 24-year-old Orthodox Jewish man Friday morning.

The unidentified victim believes he was attacked as part of the deadly "knockout" game, where an attacker aims to knock out the victim with a single sucker punch, police said.
I saw reports of the 'knockout game' last year. The idea that the 'liberal media,' ie everyone but FOX, is ignoring it simply demonstrates Barry can't ****ing read.
In fact, this nasty assault has been going on for years, as the incidents have escalated this year with 'hate crime' overtones, so has the coverage.

The UK press had been covering a variation of these assaults, happy slapping' for nearly a decade.
I'm not at all sure what your point is.

Last edited by DenverBrit; 11-25-2013 at 11:13 AM..
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
I'm not at all sure what your point is.
****ers are scary.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
****ers are scary.
Just looking around online this morning, it's interesting that his claim that the media is ignoring this story comes mostly from white supremacist sites and a few right wing blogs.

No shock there.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Just looking around online this morning, it's interesting that his claim that the media is ignoring this story comes mostly from white supremacist sites and a few right wing blogs.

No shock there.
Exactly. We can always count on txtebow for the KKK POV.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Just looking around online this morning, it's interesting that his claim that the media is ignoring this story comes mostly from white supremacist sites and a few right wing blogs.

No shock there.
WND and www.whitegirlbleedalot.com are supremacist sites? interesting.....

Why do you loathe your race and why do you hold your race to a higher standard (Zimmerman, Jena^, Duke rape hoax etc) than you hold Blacks? Do you feel that they cannot be held to the same decency standards that white folk can be held to? Just curious....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,382
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #14
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
See...there are 1000's of confederate flag waving, race-sis white people assualtin' the fists of blacks EVERY DAY with their FACES.........
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #15
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
WND and www.whitegirlbleedalot.com are supremacist sites? interesting.....

Can't you read?? "Mostly" Look it up.

Why do you loathe your race and why do you hold your race to a higher standard (Zimmerman, Jena^, Duke rape hoax etc) than you hold Blacks? Do you feel that they cannot be held to the same decency standards that white folk can be held to? Just curious....

WTF?? Your hood just fell off.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #16
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post

WTF?? Your hood just fell off.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post

WTF?? Your hood just fell off.
Of course it did. Unalloyed racists can't ever keep their bigotry hidden.

The irony is that they don't understand why others find them so loathsome.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Rev. Al Sharpton condemned “knockout” attacks Saturday but stopped short of calling for marches against the brutal hate crimes.

“This kind of behavior is deplorable and must be condemned by all us,” he said at his weekly National Action Network meeting in Harlem. “We would not be silent if it was the other way around. We cannot be silent or in any way reluctant to confront it when it is coming from our own community.”


http://nypost.com/2013/11/23/al-shar...ckout-attacks/
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #19
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Rev. Al Sharpton condemned “knockout” attacks Saturday but stopped short of calling for marches against the brutal hate crimes.

“This kind of behavior is deplorable and must be condemned by all us,” he said at his weekly National Action Network meeting in Harlem. “We would not be silent if it was the other way around. We cannot be silent or in any way reluctant to confront it when it is coming from our own community.”


http://nypost.com/2013/11/23/al-shar...ckout-attacks/
but to the silly leftist Caucasian posters I was racist for pointing this story out OVER A YEAR AGO and I continue to "wear a hood" for shining a light on the fact that the MSM is now onto a story that deserved the spotlight IMMEDIATELY when even the FIRST attacks began to occur. (as the REV AL adeptly makes mention of; if the roles were reversed we'd have government sanctioned rallies from the DOJ since DAY 1)

Show me 1 example of white people performing this CRIMINAL ACT against BLACK PEOPLE and I'll show you 50 examples of BLACKS taking part in this anti social behavior of attacking CAUCASIANS....but the leftist swine don't have the stomach for it.it will literally take them or someone they know to have a 1st hand experience of one of these brutal and senseless attacks to realize it's a product of a disgusting URBAN poor black culture that pervades almost every major metropolitan area in the USA today.....but disingenuous people like Denverbrit etc. will never advocate for speaking out against these attacks because they can't even classify them properly to get to the root of the problem....

Last edited by txtebow; 11-25-2013 at 03:50 PM..
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #20
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

, it's the liberals that think minorities are stupid and helpless, but like to point out racism about everybody else. Classic.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #21
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Of course it did. Unalloyed racists can't ever keep their bigotry hidden.

The irony is that they don't understand why others find them so loathsome.
No kidding.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #22
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,772
Default

Sorry, Right-Wing Media: The "Knockout Game" Trend Is a Myth.



I remember the summer of 2011, a story about a crowd of teenagers at the Wisconsin State Fair randomly attacking fairgoers went viral as a sign of a burgeoning race war. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel fanned the flames, calling the teenagers "rampaging youths" who caused "mob-like disturbances":

"Then around the closing time of 11 p.m., witnesses told the Journal Sentinel, dozens to hundreds of black youths attacked white people as they left the fair, punching and kicking people and shaking and pounding on their vehicles."
"Dozens to hundreds"? When witnesses can't differentiate between 24 and 100, should we really rely on them to speculate whether a crime was racially motivated? One of the reasons the story gained so much traction could have stemmed from the fact that Milwaukee is the most segregated city in the country, and it validated white residents' fear that their black neighbors are dangerous.

Now, the false trend story of black mob violence has cropped up again, as it seems to do annually, in conservative media outlets. (McKay Coppins wrote about this phenomenon in BuzzFeed last year.) The new scare is the "knockout game," in which black youths supposedly attack innocent people just for fun. Conservative pundits decry the MSM for suffering from political correctness and whitewashing crimes perpetrated by black people, but a more reasonable explanation for why most media outlets aren't devoting round-the-clock coverage to the knockout game is that—sorry, Sean Hannity—there is no hard data showing that it's a trend.

An important clarification: the game definitely exists, and has been around for at least a couple of years. I'm not claiming the game doesn't exist. But the idea that it's reached epidemic levels, or that it's only being played by young black people, is a fallacy. As Alan Noble convincingly writes, "Analyzing data is not as simple as watching some YouTube videos and Googling 'knockout game.'" And when it comes to the knockout game's supposed popularity, the data is almost entirely anecdotal:
Here’s the fascinating thing about this “spreading” trend: nobody seems to have any evidence that it’s spreading, or that it’s new, or that it’s racially motivated, or that black youths are the ones typically responsible, or that whites are typically targeted. This hasn’t stopped Mark Steyn, Thomas Sowell, and Matt Walsh from describing this specifically as a crime committed by blacks against whites, CNN from claiming that it is “spreading,” or Alec Torres at NRO from say it is “evidently increasing [in] popularity.”
This is precisely the type of story meant to animate the deepest recesses of our lizard brains—"Danger lurks around every corner! Identify your enemy!" At the epicenter of this narrative is Colin Flaherty, a writer for WorldNetDaily who probably has a Google alert set up for "black suspect." He's made it his life's work to report any single crime perpetrated by a black person in the U.S. against a white person. In a recent blog post, he lists as evidence six separate crimes in Philadelphia over the course of two years, which share nothing in similarity except for the fact that they involved black people.

Imagine if another national "journalist" started doing the same for, say, any crime committed in Alabama, or any arson charge in the country. People would start to think Alabama was going through a crime epidemic, or that arson was becoming all the rage with criminals. That would be ridiculous, because it's ridiculous to assume that a few unrelated counts of arson make arson an epidemic. But when you inject race into the equation, it conveniently aligns with the assumptions of people who happen to be racist. That's the sort of twisted logic that justifies why more than half of the U.S. prison population is made up by black and Hispanic people, even though they comprise a quarter of the total population.

Crime happens to every type of person, and is perpetrated by every type of person. What makes the false narrative of the knockout game—or any "black mob violence" story—crop up every year is the fact that some people will always believe the color of someone's skin predisposes him to commit a crime. When a few YouTube videos are able to convince terrified white folks that young black people are dangerous, they may as well assume that all cats can play the keyboard.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #23
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
He's made it his life's work to report any single crime perpetrated by a black person in the U.S. against a white person.


Sounds very familiar.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #24
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Sorry, Right-Wing Media: The "Knockout Game" Trend Is a Myth.



I remember the summer of 2011, a story about a crowd of teenagers at the Wisconsin State Fair randomly attacking fairgoers went viral as a sign of a burgeoning race war. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel fanned the flames, calling the teenagers "rampaging youths" who caused "mob-like disturbances":

"Then around the closing time of 11 p.m., witnesses told the Journal Sentinel, dozens to hundreds of black youths attacked white people as they left the fair, punching and kicking people and shaking and pounding on their vehicles."
"Dozens to hundreds"? When witnesses can't differentiate between 24 and 100, should we really rely on them to speculate whether a crime was racially motivated? One of the reasons the story gained so much traction could have stemmed from the fact that Milwaukee is the most segregated city in the country, and it validated white residents' fear that their black neighbors are dangerous.

Now, the false trend story of black mob violence has cropped up again, as it seems to do annually, in conservative media outlets. (McKay Coppins wrote about this phenomenon in BuzzFeed last year.) The new scare is the "knockout game," in which black youths supposedly attack innocent people just for fun. Conservative pundits decry the MSM for suffering from political correctness and whitewashing crimes perpetrated by black people, but a more reasonable explanation for why most media outlets aren't devoting round-the-clock coverage to the knockout game is that—sorry, Sean Hannity—there is no hard data showing that it's a trend.

An important clarification: the game definitely exists, and has been around for at least a couple of years. I'm not claiming the game doesn't exist. But the idea that it's reached epidemic levels, or that it's only being played by young black people, is a fallacy. As Alan Noble convincingly writes, "Analyzing data is not as simple as watching some YouTube videos and Googling 'knockout game.'" And when it comes to the knockout game's supposed popularity, the data is almost entirely anecdotal:
Here’s the fascinating thing about this “spreading” trend: nobody seems to have any evidence that it’s spreading, or that it’s new, or that it’s racially motivated, or that black youths are the ones typically responsible, or that whites are typically targeted. This hasn’t stopped Mark Steyn, Thomas Sowell, and Matt Walsh from describing this specifically as a crime committed by blacks against whites, CNN from claiming that it is “spreading,” or Alec Torres at NRO from say it is “evidently increasing [in] popularity.”
This is precisely the type of story meant to animate the deepest recesses of our lizard brains—"Danger lurks around every corner! Identify your enemy!" At the epicenter of this narrative is Colin Flaherty, a writer for WorldNetDaily who probably has a Google alert set up for "black suspect." He's made it his life's work to report any single crime perpetrated by a black person in the U.S. against a white person. In a recent blog post, he lists as evidence six separate crimes in Philadelphia over the course of two years, which share nothing in similarity except for the fact that they involved black people.

Imagine if another national "journalist" started doing the same for, say, any crime committed in Alabama, or any arson charge in the country. People would start to think Alabama was going through a crime epidemic, or that arson was becoming all the rage with criminals. That would be ridiculous, because it's ridiculous to assume that a few unrelated counts of arson make arson an epidemic. But when you inject race into the equation, it conveniently aligns with the assumptions of people who happen to be racist. That's the sort of twisted logic that justifies why more than half of the U.S. prison population is made up by black and Hispanic people, even though they comprise a quarter of the total population.

Crime happens to every type of person, and is perpetrated by every type of person. What makes the false narrative of the knockout game—or any "black mob violence" story—crop up every year is the fact that some people will always believe the color of someone's skin predisposes him to commit a crime. When a few YouTube videos are able to convince terrified white folks that young black people are dangerous, they may as well assume that all cats can play the keyboard.
I was waiting for someone to post this.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
[...]
WTF is it with right-wingers using the NY Post as a source?

This "newspaper" (sadly now gone) is far more credible:

W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Denver Broncos