The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #51
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
We sweep. Sweep the leg.

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #52
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

The KC game is more important.

If DEN sweeps KC there's pretty much no chance of us winning the division...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #53
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Well done. And the Patriots on our tails means Manning has a good shot of getting the passing record.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #54
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Well done. And the Patriots on our tails means Manning has a good shot of getting the passing record.
Honestly, I'd rather the Patriots drop a couple and we rest Manning on that crappy surface in Oakland. Imo, the ideal situation is to clinch home-field with a week left and get all of our starters two weeks to recover going into the divisional.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #55
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Honestly, I'd rather the Patriots drop a couple and we rest Manning on that crappy surface in Oakland. Imo, the ideal situation is to clinch home-field with a week left and get all of our starters two weeks to recover going into the divisional.
Rest them in the games they need to practice. manning not practicing the last two weeks has what I believe has made this offense sputter. but then again what do I know
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #56
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Mission accomplished
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #57
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Rest them in the games they need to practice. manning not practicing the last two weeks has what I believe has made this offense sputter. but then again what do I know
Practice, yes. Playing on that crappy sodded over baseball diamond surface in that cesspool of a stadium with a mathematically eliminated and dirty Raider defense? Screw that. Clinching by week 16 and resting banged up starters becomes the next objective.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #58
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

**** 13-3. **** 13-3 right in the ear. And because of that, **** resting our starters for the Oakland game. Go hard or **** off.

Hopefully New England wins out and forces us to take these last 4 opponents seriously.

13-3 is the kiss of death.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #59
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
**** 13-3. **** 13-3 right in the ear. And because of that, **** resting our starters for the Oakland game. Go hard or **** off.

Hopefully New England wins out and forces us to take these last 4 opponents seriously.

13-3 is the kiss of death.
Yeah, until Manning gets his knees taken out by some UDFA Raider thug DE or the NFL's worst playing surface, in the 3rd quarter of a meaningless game.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #60
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Yeah, until Manning gets his knees taken out by some UDFA Raider thug DE or the NFL's worst playing surface, in the 3rd quarter of a meaningless game.
That could happen in a preseason game, today, against Jacksonville, wherever. The odds of that happening don't go up just because we're playing a meaningless game. What if it happens next week? Maybe we should rest him just to make damn sure.

That's a p***Y line of thinking.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #61
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Ideal scenarios in order of importance: get healthier, get homefield, get real practice in crappy cold weather.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #62
enjolras
Ring of Famer

We need a healthy Manning in the worst way. I'd love to see him get two full weeks of rest. I don't worry about rust with him at all.

Play the rest of the team out, however.

Plus I'd love to see Brock get some snaps. We need to get him some development time.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #63
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
That could happen in a preseason game, today, against Jacksonville, wherever. The odds of that happening don't go up just because we're playing a meaningless game. What if it happens next week? Maybe we should rest him just to make damn sure.

That's a p***Y line of thinking.
On the off chance we have home field by week 17, are you ****ing nuts? Have you seen out injury report this year??
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #64
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I was bumping this but looks like it already has been done. 3-1 and now for an easier part of the schedule.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #65
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I was bumping this but looks like it already has been done. 3-1 and now for an easier part of the schedule.
Ya we went 2-1 in the toughest 3 part stretch in the year. Thats what we said we needed to do and we did it. And i would much rather have the loss against NE than KC

Last edited by Peoples Champ; 12-02-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #66
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Well, congrats on a good game.

This was a must win for KC @ home and while Den didn't play their best game they won. Den might not have the no 1 seed but after sunday they've got the division locked up as well.

I'd love to see a 3rd game (mostly because it'd mean our 1st playoff win since the Lincoln administration.)

On a side note I though Ball looked like your best runner. He was physical, protected the ball, and broke tackles. If his fumble issues are behind him he's the perfect compliment to a passing offense.

Also I think Del Rio respects Houston a lot more than Hali. Sunday Manning attempted longer passes and plays that took much longer to develop. It wasn't just 2 seconds and out like the game at denver.

This will sound odd but I think KC's pass D played better than it did in Den. The problem was Manning had more time to read the field (no KC pass rush) and he was able to locate the weak spot and take the time to make accurate deep throws.
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #67
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post

Also I think Del Rio respects Houston a lot more than Hali. Sunday Manning attempted longer passes and plays that took much longer to develop. It wasn't just 2 seconds and out like the game at denver.

This will sound odd but I think KC's pass D played better than it did in Den. The problem was Manning had more time to read the field (no KC pass rush) and he was able to locate the weak spot and take the time to make accurate deep throws.
I agree. Look at passes to Welker the first time around compared to this game. 8 catches, target 10 and 72 yards. This last game 3 catches, 5 targets and 38 yards. Manning used him much differently this time around. Goes to show you that a great pass rush, like Chiefs had most of the season, pays dividends in the strength of overall pass defense. The time Manning had after the beginning of the game was a nice luxury that should never be given to a high caliber QB.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote