The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #76
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
TLDR = "too long, didn't read".
Thanks, BF. I never saw that in my Bears and Chiefs forums.

TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #77
Chiefsteak
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't know who compared them to the 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears. These outlandish comparisons usually come from opposing fans as a way to dismiss our defense, which is still tops in the league IMO.

But I am here to eat crow. I did predict victory and the chiefs lost against a donks team with a better-than-expected def. Still, I was encouraged by the Chiefs performance defensively and believe they will hold court at Arrowhead.
Chiefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #78
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsteak View Post
I don't know who compared them to the 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears. These outlandish comparisons usually come from opposing fans as a way to dismiss our defense, which is still tops in the league IMO.

But I am here to eat crow. I did predict victory and the chiefs lost against a donks team with a better-than-expected def. Still, I was encouraged by the Chiefs performance defensively and believe they will hold court at Arrowhead.
Why / How?

Don't tell me just "because it's at Arrowhead"

What did the Chiefs offense do to assure this victory in round 2?

What did the Chiefs defense do?
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #79
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Maybe we can discuss how it was a conspiracy to not hurt manning. And are you chiefs fans retarded enough to not see the blatant holds on our pass rush as well. Keep fucming that chicken KC
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #80
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Some Chiefs fans on these forums made that claim. They're going to need turnovers or the best game of Smith's season for them to win.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #81
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
What did the Chiefs defense do?
Completely stopped your running game.

If we do that at Arrowhead I like our chances.

I think we'll be a tad bit better on offense at home.

It will be a close game again though.

Also right now it's looking to be really cold and wet for that game.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #82
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

If 2 rushing touchdowns = "completely stopped your running game", I'll take a "completely stopped running game" every Sunday.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #83
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post

Youre trusting a weather report for a game thats a week and a half away?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #84
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I also have a lot of confidence in Reid to find a QB who is talented in the draft. The fact that Nick Foles has 15 TD's/0 INT's and 1,554 yards in 6 games is pretty impressive.

His QB guru reputation is no fluke.
How is he going to find one when he is hamstrung in the draft? They need to add at least 2 WR's, a TE, RB, OG's, etc... drafting a QB without a 2nd round pick is a luxury they do not have, you are stuck with suckage for another couple of years.

Don't worry I bet once kFc has to play a harder schedule again next year they will be able to pick top 5 again in 2015.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #85
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
How is he going to find one when he is hamstrung in the draft? They need to add at least 2 WR's, a TE, RB, OG's, etc... drafting a QB without a 2nd round pick is a luxury they do not have, you are stuck with suckage for another couple of years.

Don't worry I bet once kFc has to play a harder schedule again next year they will be able to pick top 5 again in 2015.
It's cute when you think you know what you're talking about.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #86
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Some Chiefs fans on these forums made that claim. They're going to need turnovers or the best game of Smith's season for them to win.
Not sure if we will be that completive in 2 weeks if our injuries don't get better.

2 of our 3 starters on the DL are out and our entire right side of the OL is also out right now.

Very decimated with injuries right now.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #87
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
It's cute when you think you know what you're talking about.

After the chit you been shoveling even after what would have been a 20 point lead with 10 minutes to go except for a missed FG and still you spew your ignorance...............

Truly retard of the year

Would 40-50 points shut you up ? lol
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #88
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
I also have a lot of confidence in Reid to find a QB who is talented in the draft. The fact that Nick Foles has 15 TD's/0 INT's and 1,554 yards in 6 games is pretty impressive.

His QB guru reputation is no fluke.
Reid found one talented QB in the draft - Donovan McNabb. He was the #2 overall selection in the 1999 draft.

All the rest of his QB wins were guys that were back-ups and played their asses off once McNabb got hurt. Reid flipped them to another team where they flopped. Also Foles, but lets be honest - Foles wasn't successful until Reid was fired.

Lets look at the score-card:
  • AJ Feeley: 5th round in 2001. 5 career starts in Philly (4-1 on a 12-4 team). Flipped to Miami for a 2nd round pick, threw more ints than TD's before Miami traded his sorry ass to SD, who let him go. Resigns with Philly, only to see the bench behind Garcia.
  • Andy Hall: 6th round in 2004. Never threw a pass in the NFL.
  • Kevin Kolb: 2nd round, 2007. 7 career starts in Philly (3-4). Was going to be the starter in 2011 but got concussed and lost job to Vick. Traded to Arizona for DRC and a 2nd rounder. He pretty much sucked in Arizona.
  • Mike Kafka: 4th round, 2010. 0 starts. career QB rating of 47.7.
  • Nick Foles: 3rd round, 2012. Under Reid, Foles started 6 games, winning one. QB rating of 79.1. Threw more TD's than int's in two of 7 games played. Found some success this year in a completely different system with a new coach.

This is the drafting track record of your so-called "QB guru".

Where Reid has been successful beyond McNabb is with guys like Vick and Garcia - guys who had in multiple pro-bowls prior to working with Reid. Color me not all that impressed.

Last edited by mwill07; 11-20-2013 at 09:59 PM..
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #89
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Gabbert was a starter and the Chiefs defense shut him out. The only 2 points the Jaguars got came on a safety, but the Broncos gave up 13 points and 303 passing yards to his backup Chad Henne. (They also had a pick 6 so that's not on your defense.)

Both the Broncos and Chiefs faced "backup" Terrelle Pryor, but he was a starter at the time he played both of us. Against Denver he put up 281 passing yds and had a passer rating of 112.4. He was sacked 3 times and the Raiders scored 21 points. Against the Chiefs he put up 216 passing yds, had a passer rating of 45.7, was sacked 9 times, threw 3 ints and they scored 7 points.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is listed as the starter for the Titans because Jake Locker is on IR with a Lisfranc injury, but he has thrown for more yds per game (202) than Locker has (179). His passer rating is only 3.3 points lower than Locker's. He is an experienced QB in his 9th season and started the previous 5 years, so that is a wash at best.

Case Keenum has been the Texans starter since the Chiefs game. In 4 starts he has thrown 8 td passes and 1 int. His backup, Matt Schaub, threw 8 td passes and and 9 ints in 6 games. Keenum is a huge upgrade over Schaub.

Jason Campbell is listed as the starter on the Browns Depth Chart. In 3 games he has thrown 6 Td passes and 3 ints. His backup, Brandon Weeden, threw 5 td passes and 6 ints in 5 starts, so there, Campbell is also the better QB.

Jeff Tuel is the only real backup the Chiefs have played. He threw 1 td pass, had 2 ints and a passer rating of 52.2, so, yeah, he sucks.

So in 10 games, the Chiefs have only faced one real backup qb. Against common opponents the Chiefs have allowed 48 points. The Broncos have allowed 131. We faced the same qb in 4 of those 5 games, but against Jacksonville the Cheifs played the starter and the Broncos played the backup.

You can argue that the Chiefs have faced a weak schedule. That's true, but facing backup QBs hasn't made it any weaker. In most cases the so-called "backups" have been better than the starters they replaced.
This isnt about comparing the Chiefs d to broncos d. Its about not putting the chiefs d in same conversation with the 2000 ravens. Its disrespectful to that team.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #90
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

What running game? And yet your defense, who apparently stopped the vaunted Broncos running game of legend, let them score twice in the red zone.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #91
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Not sure if we will be that completive in 2 weeks if our injuries don't get better.

2 of our 3 starters on the DL are out and our entire right side of the OL is also out right now.

I thought they were just minor injuries. Know Fisher and Devito didn't practice (would think they are the most likely players to miss time), but it's early in the week, and hard to know how much time they'll miss, if any.

Personally, hope both teams are healthy and ready to go for that game.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #92
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Well I hope it is competitive. And injuries are part of the game. The Broncos are playing with two back up OL and a gimpy starter. Their safety and CB starters are out, the QB is playing as if Kathy Bates went all misery on his ankle. Two offenseive TD machines are hurt in Julius Thomas (knee) and Welker (brains).

So lets not rule out a competitive game and find excuses!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #93
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Personally, I want a Broncos blow out, but I expect a somewhat competitive game.

Chiefs haven't had to face too much adversity from an injury standpoint (other then the tight end position), so would be interesting how they responded if they had a number of key guys out. Do they have the depth to not skip a beat?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #94
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I actually never compared our D to the Ravens, but I will do my duty because I know homers have been annoying you. The Chiefs are a good team, but no better than the 1995 Chiefs. .
How old were you in 95? Were you even old enough to watch football back then?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #95
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post

Where Reid has been successful beyond McNabb is with guys like Vick and Garcia - guys who had in multiple pro-bowls prior to working with Reid. Color me not all that impressed.
I have mentioned that before to them too and it was end of discussion.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #96
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

This all happened after our game?

Which 2-3 starters are out? I knew your OL was bad across the board and you have terrible WR's and TE's who drop way to many balls but haven't seen any decimation of your DL.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #97
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Reid found one talented QB in the draft - Donovan McNabb. He was the #2 overall selection in the 1999 draft.

All the rest of his QB wins were guys that were back-ups and played their asses off once McNabb got hurt. Reid flipped them to another team where they flopped. Also Foles, but lets be honest - Foles wasn't successful until Reid was fired.

Lets look at the score-card:
  • AJ Feeley: 5th round in 2001. 5 career starts in Philly (4-1 on a 12-4 team). Flipped to Miami for a 2nd round pick, threw more ints than TD's before Miami traded his sorry ass to SD, who let him go. Resigns with Philly, only to see the bench behind Garcia.
  • Andy Hall: 6th round in 2004. Never threw a pass in the NFL.
  • Kevin Kolb: 2nd round, 2007. 7 career starts in Philly (3-4). Was going to be the starter in 2011 but got concussed and lost job to Vick. Traded to Arizona for DRC and a 2nd rounder. He pretty much sucked in Arizona.
  • Mike Kafka: 4th round, 2010. 0 starts. career QB rating of 47.7.
  • Nick Foles: 3rd round, 2012. Under Reid, Foles started 6 games, winning one. QB rating of 79.1. Threw more TD's than int's in two of 7 games played. Found some success this year in a completely different system with a new coach.

This is the drafting track record of your so-called "QB guru".

Garcia played at an elite level when he filled in for McNabb.
Kolb is a non-factor. What he did without Reid is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that Reid got a 2nd round pick and first rd CB from it. Quite a steal.
Vick was never a good thrower. Ever. And Reid made him look instantly better.
And it says a lot that the QB that looks very good in Philly right now was the one that Reid found.

I guess by this logic, Mike Shannahan isn't a QB guru either. He walked into a situation with one of the best QB's ever to make him look good. He failed miserably in drafting Brian Griese, he made a decent Jake Plummer look average and then drafted a decent 1st round QB.
Now his most recent 1st round QB looks like a total fluke who the NFL has figured out.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #98
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The only time the Chiefs fans need to eat crow is when/if we sweep them. And, even then, they will be the under-dog. What the chiefs are doing this year, with Andy Reed, after last season, is remarkable.

Let's don't get lulled into thinking they're not a formidable opponent or we'll be sorry.
Hamrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #99
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:

Our starting LT, C, FS, CB and most likely Welker are out also.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #100
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

That is nothing compared to how many people we had out on D before and then during the Cowboy game but you love to rub our nose in the 500+ yard and 48 points our 2nd and 3rd stringers gave up.