The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #51
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Chris Clark just practicing his WWE sleeper hold. No big deal.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #52
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Chris Clark just practicing his WWE sleeper hold. No big deal.
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #53
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Refs definitely missed some holding calls on Denver, but to be fair they missed some on the Chiefs as well.

Anyways, it's good football to hold if you've been completely beat on a play. Would much rather give up the 10 yards then have Manning take a hit and possibly give the ball back to the Chiefs
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #54
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Refs definitely missed some holding calls on Denver, but to be fair they missed some on the Chiefs as well.

Anyways, it's good football to hold if you've been completely beat on a play. Would much rather give up the 10 yards then have Manning take a hit and possibly give the ball back to the Chiefs
If they really wanted to, the refs could call holding on almost every play. If it happens away from the play and the defender has no chance of getting to the QB I don't think it should be called. But I agree. The game was officiated fairly.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #55
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
If they really wanted to, the refs could call holding on almost every play. If it happens away from the play and the defender has no chance of getting to the QB I don't think it should be called. But I agree. The game was officiated fairly.
Ill bet you do.

9-KC
13-Den
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #56
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Ill bet you do.

9-KC
13-Den
We were offsides a million times.

The amount of defensive holding calls was a bit crazy though.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #57
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Pretty sure most Chiefs fans were saying they were excited about the defense playing on a pace very similar to those great defenses.

I don't think anyone said they were going to be better than them.

Chiefs D has a lot of talent. Easily a top 5 unit. And the D has a pro bowl caliber player at every level that is under 25. Very good base to build.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #58
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I also have a lot of confidence in Reid to find a QB who is talented in the draft. The fact that Nick Foles has 15 TD's/0 INT's and 1,554 yards in 6 games is pretty impressive.

His QB guru reputation is no fluke.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #59
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I also have a lot of confidence in Reid to find a QB who is talented in the draft. The fact that Nick Foles has 15 TD's/0 INT's and 1,554 yards in 6 games is pretty impressive.

His QB guru reputation is no fluke. No wonder there were rumbles about Reid wanting to trade for the guy last offseason.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #60
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No time to find a new qb. Ried is attached to Smith at this point. Smith will be back next yr for the Cheifs. You won't be looking for a new QB. Get used to him. I know we will.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #61
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Pretty sure most Chiefs fans were saying they were excited about the defense playing on a pace very similar to those great defenses.

I don't think anyone said they were going to be better than them.

Chiefs D has a lot of talent. Easily a top 5 unit. And the D has a pro bowl caliber player at every level that is under 25. Very good base to build.
Chiefs fans need to admit that they were only on that pace similar to those great defenses because they played 5 backup or 3rd string QBs, some in which were rookies and some in their NFL debut. I dont know why Chiefs fans cant see that?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:16 AM   #62
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
I fully agree, in almost any game. b****ing about non-calls of holding is one of my pet hates with the sport. Imo its the last angry cry of a frustrated homer.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #63
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I did laugh when Montee Ball outran Derrick Johnson to the endzone.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #64
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Chiefs fans need to admit that they were only on that pace similar to those great defenses because they played 5 backup or 3rd string QBs, some in which were rookies and some in their NFL debut. I dont know why Chiefs fans cant see that?
Those QB's didn't make much of an impact to the game overall. They barely scored any points at all. Yes they had some yards, but what does that matter when they aren't scoring points?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #65
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Those QB's didn't make much of an impact to the game overall. They barely scored any points at all. Yes they had some yards, but what does that matter when they aren't scoring points?
It's adorable that you're still trying.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #66
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Gabbert was a starter and the Chiefs defense shut him out. The only 2 points the Jaguars got came on a safety, but the Broncos gave up 13 points and 303 passing yards to his backup Chad Henne. (They also had a pick 6 so that's not on your defense.)

Both the Broncos and Chiefs faced "backup" Terrelle Pryor, but he was a starter at the time he played both of us. Against Denver he put up 281 passing yds and had a passer rating of 112.4. He was sacked 3 times and the Raiders scored 21 points. Against the Chiefs he put up 216 passing yds, had a passer rating of 45.7, was sacked 9 times, threw 3 ints and they scored 7 points.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is listed as the starter for the Titans because Jake Locker is on IR with a Lisfranc injury, but he has thrown for more yds per game (202) than Locker has (179). His passer rating is only 3.3 points lower than Locker's. He is an experienced QB in his 9th season and started the previous 5 years, so that is a wash at best.

Case Keenum has been the Texans starter since the Chiefs game. In 4 starts he has thrown 8 td passes and 1 int. His backup, Matt Schaub, threw 8 td passes and and 9 ints in 6 games. Keenum is a huge upgrade over Schaub.

Jason Campbell is listed as the starter on the Browns Depth Chart. In 3 games he has thrown 6 Td passes and 3 ints. His backup, Brandon Weeden, threw 5 td passes and 6 ints in 5 starts, so there, Campbell is also the better QB.

Jeff Tuel is the only real backup the Chiefs have played. He threw 1 td pass, had 2 ints and a passer rating of 52.2, so, yeah, he sucks.

So in 10 games, the Chiefs have only faced one real backup qb. Against common opponents the Chiefs have allowed 48 points. The Broncos have allowed 131. We faced the same qb in 4 of those 5 games, but against Jacksonville the Cheifs played the starter and the Broncos played the backup.

You can argue that the Chiefs have faced a weak schedule. That's true, but facing backup QBs hasn't made it any weaker. In most cases the so-called "backups" have been better than the starters they replaced.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #67
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

TLDR bottom line you still played a bunch of garbage QBs.

/end thread
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #68
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Gabbert was a starter and the Chiefs defense shut him out. The only 2 points the Jaguars got came on a safety, but the Broncos gave up 13 points and 303 passing yards to his backup Chad Henne. (They also had a pick 6 so that's not on your defense.)

Both the Broncos and Chiefs faced "backup" Terrelle Pryor, but he was a starter at the time he played both of us. Against Denver he put up 281 passing yds and had a passer rating of 112.4. He was sacked 3 times and the Raiders scored 21 points. Against the Chiefs he put up 216 passing yds, had a passer rating of 45.7, was sacked 9 times, threw 3 ints and they scored 7 points.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is listed as the starter for the Titans because Jake Locker is on IR with a Lisfranc injury, but he has thrown for more yds per game (202) than Locker has (179). His passer rating is only 3.3 points lower than Locker's. He is an experienced QB in his 9th season and started the previous 5 years, so that is a wash at best.

Case Keenum has been the Texans starter since the Chiefs game. In 4 starts he has thrown 8 td passes and 1 int. His backup, Matt Schaub, threw 8 td passes and and 9 ints in 6 games. Keenum is a huge upgrade over Schaub.

Jason Campbell is listed as the starter on the Browns Depth Chart. In 3 games he has thrown 6 Td passes and 3 ints. His backup, Brandon Weeden, threw 5 td passes and 6 ints in 5 starts, so there, Campbell is also the better QB.

Jeff Tuel is the only real backup the Chiefs have played. He threw 1 td pass, had 2 ints and a passer rating of 52.2, so, yeah, he sucks.

So in 10 games, the Chiefs have only faced one real backup qb. Against common opponents the Chiefs have allowed 48 points. The Broncos have allowed 131. We faced the same qb in 4 of those 5 games, but against Jacksonville the Cheifs played the starter and the Broncos played the backup.

You can argue that the Chiefs have faced a weak schedule. That's true, but facing backup QBs hasn't made it any weaker. In most cases the so-called "backups" have been better than the starters they replaced.
I like the part where you argue that Fitzpatrick is better than their original starter. Especially since before that you recognize Gabbert as the starter for the Jags, but that we played his backup Henne. It made me giggle.

As for the Raiders, we were up on them 30-7 with 18 seconds left in the third. Just like the Chargers game for us and even the Chiefs game to an extent, the score is not reflective of our actual dominance… not to mention I think we had 4 DBs out or left the game early due to injury.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #69
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Gabbert was a starter and the Chiefs defense shut him out.
Thanks for ensuring I was able to stop reading and not take the rest of your post seriously in the very first sentence!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #70
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
TLDR bottom line you still played a bunch of garbage QBs.
That may be true but that wasn't his argument. He was saying that the Chiefs defensive stats look better because of all the backup QBs they faced. They don't.

(I don't know what "TLDR" means.)

Quote:
/end thread
That didn't work. Try putting "[,]" around it!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #71
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Thanks for ensuring I was able to stop reading and not take the rest of your post seriously in the very first sentence!
I agree that Henne is a better QB than Gabbert, but Gabbert was the starter. That was the point. I guess it went over your head.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #72
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I agree that Henne is a better QB than Gabbert, but Gabbert was the starter. That was the point. I guess it went over your head.
No. The point is the only real offense and QB the Chiefs have faced they lost to. Handily.

That was the point. I guess that went over your head earlier when you started tripping on your deck yelling, "But Blaine Gabbert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Enjoy getting swept by Denver and the Chargers. I know I will.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #73
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought Pryor was the starter in Oakland at the beginning of the season. Not that it matter, as Oakland's QB situation was going to suck regardless
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #74
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

if kc had faced oakland with McGroin, they probably would've lost that one too...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #75
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
That may be true but that wasn't his argument. He was saying that the Chiefs defensive stats look better because of all the backup QBs they faced. They don't.

(I don't know what "TLDR" means.)

That didn't work. Try putting "[,]" around it!
TLDR = "too long, didn't read".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote