The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Manning had only 1 TD pass and Moreno had less than 3 YPC.

Broncos only punted at most 3 times in every game they played. Against KC they had 3 punts in 1 quarter.

Chiefs D did a solid job and that was w the pass rush struggling.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Yep

Running on early downs, with success some times, kept Hali and Houston looking run 1st and stuck at the LOS. Clark and Franklin did have good games. I hope Franklin is back to 100% from his ankle sprain.
Denver had very little success on first down
Boatraced Kc is what I saw them do
Kc failed to come down with a couple 50/50
Balls that may have forced Denver hand
Kc's d is legit in fact I don't think Denver punted more than 3 times all year in a game and Kc forced 3 punts in the 3rd qtr alone
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #28
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Anytime you've beaten the team with the #1 defense in the National Football League,
you've done something special.
-Mike Shanahan.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #29
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

Broncos only punted at most 3 times in every game they played. Against KC they had 3 punts in just 1 quarter.
I agree that KC forced WAY too many 3 and outs...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #30
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks

Quote:

Broncos only punted at most 3 times in every game they played. Against KC they had 3 punts in just 1 quarter.
On here they are still pretty excited that they won, it was the most important thing on the agenda.

As time goes by, this game is examined more closely. I found it to be a game of many things.

Denver never punts this much in a game.

KC never could close the gap when holding Denver, as much as the Denver fans want to claim it's the defense, it's as much as the inept offense. A combination of both made it look as though it was all defense. Dropped passes, poor throws, etc were as much the issue as it was with Denver not blowing the game apart.

In KC will be a tougher game for them. I do think KC will win, but it will be a lower scoring game than this one and very close.

Denver fans have a right to be excited, this game was extremely pivotal for them. As much as if they lose to New England, it will be when they travel to KC. The difference in that New England game to our Buffalo game could well decide the AFC West crown.
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #31
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Really no reason for the Broncos to open up their offense against the Chiefs. There's really only one way KC wins and that is turnovers. Even with the conservative game plan, Denver was close on multiple occasions to giving the ball to the Chiefs.

Personally, I expect a better offensive performance from Denver in KC.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #32
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Broncos have punted 5 times or more 5 times this year, with a high of 7 in the Indy & Balt games.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #33
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Really no reason for the Broncos to open up their offense against the Chiefs. There's really only one way KC wins and that is turnovers. Even with the conservative game plan, Denver was close on multiple occasions to giving the ball to the Chiefs.

Personally, I expect a better offensive performance from Denver in KC.
Chiefs played their worst game of the year and still played a good game on D and lost by only 10 in Denver.

I fully expect us to play significantly better being at home.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #34
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Try again for your morale victory. KC was outclassed.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #35
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I thought they were really tough actually. It's going to be a very tough defense to play in KC. I'm not sure how that game goes for the Broncos.
I feel the same way. Manning is amazing QB and while he had a good game, this wasn't an easy victory or big scores at the end. Chiefs always gives us fits in KC and we rarely sweep them (last year we did of course). I think we just did a pretty damn good job keeping them at bay.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
KC pass rush played its worst game of the year and our D still shut Denver down more than anybody else has all year long.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #37
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
KC pass rush played its worst game of the year and our D still shut Denver down more than anybody else has all year long.
Sorry the Colts did the best by far. Denver had no fear of Alice and just wanted to get out of there with healthy Manning. KC hit Manning less than ANYONE this year and that is a fact.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #38
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
our D still shut Denver down more than anybody else has all year long.
Once again, this is not true
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #39
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Sorry the Colts did the best by far. Denver had no fear of Alice and just wanted to get out of there with healthy Manning. KC hit Manning less than ANYONE this year and that is a fact.
Manning played an ultra conservative gameplan of running the ball and throwing quick 3 step drops 95% of the time.

Gameplan was to get ball out quick because Manning was hurt. Result was only 1 TD pass for him.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #40
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Manning vs Colts-3 TD's
Manning vs Chiefs-1 TD

Points on Colts-33
Points on Chiefs-27

Whatever you say.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #41
Stan
Just Drafted

Denver knew going into the game that was all they needed to do because they were confidant that KC's offense couldn't do more than what they did and they were right. If KC had a better offense Denver would have been forced to open it up more which would have given more chances to KC's defense to force big plays. Denver came in with a vanilla game plan which had as much to do with the final score than KC's defense. Not to take anything against their defense but why risk Manning if it wasn't needed?
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #42
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

kc fan ignoring the fact that they had an extra week to rest and gameplan and the best they could manage was a double digit loss.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #43
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No, not true in my opinion. Kansas City is a nasty, well-coached team that came up against a great game plan (especially offensively). Bill Parcells used to say you are what your record says you are, and Kansas City is 9-1, along with the Broncos of course.

All this 'fraud' talk is ridiculous, and only adds incentive to both the Chiefs players and Andy Reid to prove a point in two weeks.

If it wasn't for this ridiculous, taunting fool KC Stud among others, (good Lord what an obnoxious, arrogant and creepy log-in), the hate wouldn't be so intense toward the Chiefs. They are the real deal, and I do believe the Broncos will have to deal with them beyond the game in two weeks.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #44
Bronco Yoda

Quote:

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #45
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No, Denver's pass blockers played their best game of the year and helped put up 27 on the best defense in the league.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #46
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Kansas City was a tough opponent. We need to fix some consistency issues in our passing game and run more effectively to win at Arrowhead.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #47
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
On here they are still pretty excited that they won, it was the most important thing on the agenda.

As time goes by, this game is examined more closely. I found it to be a game of many things.

Denver never punts this much in a game.

KC never could close the gap when holding Denver, as much as the Denver fans want to claim it's the defense, it's as much as the inept offense. A combination of both made it look as though it was all defense. Dropped passes, poor throws, etc were as much the issue as it was with Denver not blowing the game apart.

In KC will be a tougher game for them. I do think KC will win, but it will be a lower scoring game than this one and very close.

Denver fans have a right to be excited, this game was extremely pivotal for them. As much as if they lose to New England, it will be when they travel to KC. The difference in that New England game to our Buffalo game could well decide the AFC West crown.
KC in December is among the toughest places to play in football. Inclement weather could benefit the Chefs, but I just don't think Arrowhead = a two or 3 touchdown equalizer. And based on what I saw last night, Denver is a better team (less deficient team.) Great offense + Mediocre defense > Terrible offense, Good defense 9 out of 10 times regardless of home field.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #48
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Denver knew going into the game that was all they needed to do because they were confidant that KC's offense couldn't do more than what they did and they were right. If KC had a better offense Denver would have been forced to open it up more which would have given more chances to KC's defense to force big plays. Denver came in with a vanilla game plan which had as much to do with the final score than KC's defense. Not to take anything against their defense but why risk Manning if it wasn't needed?
Bingo!
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #49
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

I am trying to translate KCstiff's comments because they are a bit confusing.

I think what he is saying is that KC won because their D held our O to a pathetic 27 points which is less than our average. If this is not your point please clear it up - just what are you trying to say?

I (and I think most Bronco fans) expected to score fewer points against the best D we have faced, just like I am thinking most KC fans did not expect to hold Denver to their 12 or 13 point average. And I expected our healing and improving D to hold an average O (and let's admit, that is being kind) such that it would be a solid win.

So just who are you going after with your comments? Are you proud you gave up more than double your average? That you were beat by 10, and were down by 17 with 7 mins left?

Now since you seem to have problems actually reading the posts you respond to, I expect a post back that answers none of these questions and just reiterates the same mush organized a bit differently...
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #50
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
No, not true in my opinion. Kansas City is a nasty, well-coached team that came up against a great game plan (especially offensively). Bill Parcells used to say you are what your record says you are, and Kansas City is 9-1, along with the Broncos of course.

All this 'fraud' talk is ridiculous, and only adds incentive to both the Chiefs players and Andy Reid to prove a point in two weeks.

If it wasn't for this ridiculous, taunting fool KC Stud among others, (good Lord what an obnoxious, arrogant and creepy log-in), the hate wouldn't be so intense toward the Chiefs. They are the real deal, and I do believe the Broncos will have to deal with them beyond the game in two weeks.
It is, they have some serious talent on that D.

Denver did a nice job protecting Manning for the long haul and didn't need more than 27points.

The re-match will be different, we should expect a lot more blitzing in KC, I was surprised by how little they blitzed last night.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote