The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #26
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I just wonder for the rematch, if we will stick to last night's gameplan (run run run the ball, keep Peyton out of harm's way, clock control) or if we will switch it up and go back to our traditional air raid offense.
I think you have to do what worked. There's one and only one way KC wins, and that is if they force turnovers and get points from those turnovers.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #27
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
and it could have easily been more. There were a couple near misses in the first half that were set to be huge plays, and Denver was in protect mode most of the second. Denver could have scored, but it would have hung Manning out to dry more. It was a good gameplan. We knew we could win this even with a reduced playbook.

We also play KC in 2 weeks. The game in KC will have some wrinkles specifically for them.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I just wonder for the rematch, if we will stick to last night's gameplan (run run run the ball, keep Peyton out of harm's way, clock control) or if we will switch it up and go back to our traditional air raid offense.
A lot depends if the Chiefs come out in Man again. That got shredded and was one of the reasons Peyton delivered passes in no time at all. My guess is that we'll see more zone in a couple weeks. I think that stupid "you can beat Peyton with tight man coverage" BS can be put to bed.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #29
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

We shutdown our offense in the 4th quarter.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #30
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Was it a part of our defense finally being healthy? Partially. This team has really played well now that Miller, who commanded double and even triple-teams, and Woodyard especially are back on the field.
According to our resident expert, DOUCHE LUIGI, Von Miller was 1 on 1 for 90% of the time and did nothing!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #31
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

The Chiefs will get some things going their way at home. Crowd noise will help get after Peyton more. Having said that. I don't know if they can do too much more on offense. Reid is very creative. But even he can't change who Alex Smith is and that Charles is all they have. I am not sure offensively how much repackaging they are going to be able to do in two weeks. It's not like they'll get better receivers or better offensive linemen. I suppose if they raz Manning into some pick sixes that will be enough. But I am willing to bet these last six games are not as kind to the Chiefs as their first 9 were.

Last edited by Kaylore; 11-18-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #32
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It felt like JDR went out to slaughter the cow using a firearm but then just decided to slit KCs throat instead of wasting a bullet.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #33
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
My favorite is when Alex Smith put the ball in the air over 40 times. I'm pretty sure that's not what you want him to do.

Denver's D played well. I'm really becoming a huge Trevathan fan, he's impressed me.
Trev has improved big time this year. Irving has played well also. These guys were questions marks coming into this year. Both have stepped up and showed they are worth keeping and Trev has showed he's a quality starter.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #34
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
The Chiefs will get some things going there way at home. Crowd noise will help get after Peyton more. Having said that. I don't know if they can do too much more on offense. Reid is very creative. But even he can't change who Alex Smith is and that Charles is all they have. I am not sure offensively how much repackaging they are going to be able to do in two weeks. It's not like they'll get better receivers or better offensive linemen. I suppose if they raz Manning into some pick sixes that will be enough. But I am willing to bet these last six games are not as kind to the Chiefs as their first 9 were.
Is Bowe going to be around for the game in KC? Shouldn't he be suspended by then?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #35
bases055
Rookie!

Insert Lombardi Image Here

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Look at it this way....

KC's defense was averaging giving up 13 pts per game this season. We scored 27 (and special teams missed out on another 3).

Scoring 27 on a unit that only gives up 13 is more impressive IMO than scoring 40 on a unit that gives up over 30 on average.

What about scoring 40 on a unit that only gives up 13 on average?
bases055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #36
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Is Bowe going to be around for the game in KC? Shouldn't he be suspended by then?
I doubt it. Seems like these things are drawn out as long as possible. When is his next hearing?
Old 11-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #37
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Original hearing is set for Dec 18, so NO. My bet it gets moved to after January so as not to have an effect on the Chiefs playoff chances.

Bowe won't get a suspension this season. Next year they start out without him for 4-6 games.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #38
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The Chiefs will get some things going there way at home. Crowd noise will help get after Peyton more. Having said that. I don't know if they can do too much more on offense. Reid is very creative. But even he can't change who Alex Smith is and that Charles is all they have. I am not sure offensively how much repackaging they are going to be able to do in two weeks. It's not like they'll get better receivers or better offensive linemen. I suppose if they raz Manning into some pick sixes that will be enough. But I am willing to bet these last six games are not as kind to the Chiefs as their first 9 were.
I don't expect the Chiefs offense to improve much. Hell, our offense actually scored more yesterday than they have in most other games this year (if you take out defensive scores). So, I'd think that 28 points is about the max we could ever hope to score on offense alone.

The key question is our defense, obviously. If they can use the crowd to get more pressure and force a turnover or two, the Chiefs have a good chance. If not, it'll be much of the same as we saw yesterday.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #39
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
They will have Alice go TEBOW TIME earlier in the game maybe? Our D kept him contained most of the game but they can design more QB runs and run them earlier to try to take some heat off their wornout RB.

Again, as long as we don't turn it over multiple times I like our chances. Everything was breaking for kFc to stay in the game from the last couple minutes of the 2nd quarter until we put together a drive in the 3rd and they still couldn't take advantage.

I am hoping Champ is back by then, will only be an addition to our down field coverages and his tackling can limit their dink and dunks.

Just need to get Manning through the Pats game clean.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #40
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I doubt it. Seems like these things are drawn out as long as possible. When is his next hearing?
The common feeling around KC is that he won't be suspended until next year if at all. They'll get the hearing pushed back until the end offseason.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #41
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
I think we played things really safe.
I agree. Love how all these KFC fans are thumping their chest over the fact we didn't score 30 points. Obviously JDR is going to play it closer to the vest. It's not his team. He's got to answer to somebody why he's taking chances. I don't mind. There's no style points here. All that matters is the win.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #42
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I was mad their pop gun offense scored 17.

What an embarrassment.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #43
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I agree. Love how all these KFC fans are thumping their chest over the fact we didn't score 30 points. Obviously JDR is going to play it closer to the vest. It's not his team. He's got to answer to somebody why he's taking chances. I don't mind. There's no style points here. All that matters is the win.
Throw in the fact that we kept Manning clean by running the ball more even if it equaled more 3 and outs or shorter drives.

A healthy Manning will be able to pick this weak secondary apart at Analhead.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #44
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
The common feeling around KC is that he won't be suspended until next year if at all. They'll get the hearing pushed back until the end offseason.
Yeah it takes several months for these things to work themselves out even when they're not intentionally delaying the process to get through the season.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #45
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It felt like JDR went out to slaughter the cow using a firearm but then just decided to slit KCs throat instead of wasting a bullet.

It was a pretty vanilla Offensive game plan for sure. Plenty of unused ammo for round two coming up.
------------
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-28-1
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #46
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm not surprised the Queefs didn't score. To score points you need playmakers. They have Charles. Bowe drops passes and doesn't always run crisp routes. He takes plays off and it shows in his play. After that they have a utility rb/wr in dexter mcluster but he is only a decent role player special teamer.

Then to top it all off the have an avg armed game manager qb. Chiefs need some serious upgrades at all 3 WR spots and a TE.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #47
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Caldwell will have to step up for the Broncos if Welker out and I think he can.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #48
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Chiefs left 14 points on the board.

-Sherman fumble left at least a FG to spare.
-Demps should have had a pick 6 on that miraculous catch.
-Charles dropped an easy catch on the goal line drive. That screen is an easy TD if he catches the ball. Instead it resulted in a FG.

Chiefs beat themselves in several ways last night
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #49
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Chiefs left 14 points on the board.

-Sherman fumble left at least a FG to spare.
-Demps should have had a pick 6 on that miraculous catch.
-Charles dropped an easy catch on the goal line drive. That screen is an easy TD if he catches the ball. Instead it resulted in a FG.

Chiefs beat themselves in several ways last night
Funny any other quality team would have went for the jugular after the ball fumble
Not Kc and capt checkdown
I believe Denver score after the Kc fumble

Denver had plenty of blown chance as well

Keep choking that chicken
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #50
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You could make the same argument for Denver. Reality is the score was 27-10 with 5 minutes to go. Chiefs played competitive and didn't embarrass themselves, but the game was never really in doubt.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote