The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #26
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
That was such a bull**** call. If you're going to call that, you gotta call the bull**** on the Chiefs too. I saw them taunt a whole bunch.
And pardon me, but jawing and talking trash isn't NEARLY on the same level as this ****:

Old 11-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #27
Brewer
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
And pardon me, but jawing and talking trash isn't NEARLY on the same level as this ****:

Stay classy, KC.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #28
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

That was a bs call..the ref should have done what they do 500 times every Sunday, break them up and send them back to the huddle. **** was is this game coming too!
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #29
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Why are NFL players such sensitive pussies?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #30
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
Stay classy, KC.
that's a Virginia Tech Corner for ya...****ing mean.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #31
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #32
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
I don't really care about the flag.

I care more about how poorly Duke plays in coverage. He doesn't have the footwork or ability to cover anyone all that well.
Didn't the trash talking come after a great coverage play by him?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #33
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

That call was a crock of sh*t - especially when the McChiefs' DBs were repeatedly getting away with pushing and shoving Welker to the ground after plays were whistled dead, etc.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #34
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

Thank you!

Just the sort of classless and dirty play we've come to expect from the McChiefs over the years.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #35
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
If you're going to call it, then you need to call Brandon Flowers for some of the late hits on Welker.

It was a stupid penalty though. Can't really say it gave points to the Chiefs, as it would have been 3rd and 8, from the Broncos 12. I like the Broncos chances of getting a stop in that situation, but Bowe did score a TD on 3rd and 6 (even with the shove)
I think you pretty much proved that Nacho's taunting probably was worth 4 points to the Chiefs.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #36
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Looked like Vegas point shaving to me. They could call that on every play in the game.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #37
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I'm not above thinking that the NFL has a strategy going into these games and pull the strings on the puppets when they need to. Look no farther than last year's Super Bowl.

Yesterday's call was on a critical failed 3rd down conversion. Denver was rolling, just put a 10 spot on the chiefs. If KC gets out of there with 3 pts, the boat race is firmly in effect as we had all the momentum. They get that judgement call and then the non-PI catch for a TD and it's 10-7, national audience is still actively engaged, the meeting two weeks from now still has credibility.

The 21 combined penalties made me think that the NFL had to pay some bills last night. That was ridiculous
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #38
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Regardless of whether it benefits or hurts the Broncos, I have a real problem with that call in that situation.

The game was chippy all night, as to be expected in a rivalry game between two good teams. There was **** talking and cheap shots from the opening kickoff. The refs should have set the no BS tone be giving the Broncos and or the Chefs a deadball unsportsmanlike early in a possession, where it didn't directly add or take points off of the board. This isn't high school football. There isn't some sort of moral lesson to be learned by correcting naughty language on the field. PI, holding, even formation penalties are subjective, but directly related to enforcing the rules of the game.

This is a ref interjecting himself into the game in something unrelated to protecting player safety or making a game performance call.

These are grown men and millions of dollars are at stake in the decision making process of the officiating. They basically gave the Chefs 4 points which could have drastically effected the outcome based on something unrelated to playing the game itself.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #39
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Regardless of whether it benefits or hurts the Broncos, I have a real problem with that call in that situation.

The game was chippy all night, as to be expected in a rivalry game between two good teams. There was **** talking and cheap shots from the opening kickoff. The refs should have set the no BS tone be giving the Broncos and or the Chefs a deadball unsportsmanlike early in a possession, where it didn't directly add or take points off of the board. This isn't high school football. There isn't some sort of moral lesson to be learned by correcting naughty language on the field. PI, holding, even formation penalties are subjective, but directly related to enforcing the rules of the game.

This is a ref interjecting himself into the game in something unrelated to protecting player safety or making a game performance call.

These are grown men and millions of dollars are at stake in the decision making process of the officiating. They basically gave the Chefs 4 points which could have drastically effected the outcome based on something unrelated to playing the game itself.
Agree. This call was a BS penalty. Nacho should have shut up, but players talk trash to each other all game long, and this penalty gave the chiefs an unwarranted 1st down and second chance after Denver held them on 3rd and 8. . Then they don't call the offensive PI on the ensuing TD.

I was glad to see the refs call KC for the defensive holds early on, but then they seemed to do their best to not let KC get blown out.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #40
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why was nacho covering Bowe like a corner most of the night? How many CBs do we have active on game day?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #41
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Why was nacho covering Bowe like a corner most of the night? How many CBs do we have active on game day?
Yesterday was 4

DRC, Chris Harris, Webster, Jammer
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #42
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
It was stupid because they walked RIGHT IN FRONT of a ref while he was jawing at him. If you don't hear him, no flag. Nacho needs to be smarter and make plays. He hasn't done much of late.
It was also stupid because Duke did nothing that play to actually stop the completion. He was beat. When you're beat and the WR misses the ball, you have no room to **** talk.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #43
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Agreed. These guys talk **** to each other all game long. We used to have Shannon Sharpe talking non-stop here. Weird flag.

Since we can't hear him, obviously we don't know what was said. I wonder if there's a "magic word" or line that isn't supposed to be crossed?
That's what I'm saying. These guys are talking all game long. Was it something extra bad that he said or was it simply because it was right in front of the official. It was a harsh move considering the circumstances. That was crap call considering what the chiefs were getting away with.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #44
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Maybe not the most intelligent thing for Nacho to do, but I have to admit that I like our defense playing mean. I'll take a hard-hitting, trash talking, violent defense that protects our home field any day. The Chiefs defense was playing cheap, and as long as we keep a cushion on the scoreboard, this game was pretty personal.

I love the fire from Woodyard, Vickerson, and Nacho. Defense needs a swagger and I don't mind giving up a few penalties as long as it doesn't cost the team overall.
I love the fire Atwater and Smith had as safeties. They usually let their fire smack the opponent with enough force they didn't need to head bump the receiver or talk smack in their face while they headed back to the huddle. The message was sent. The best kind of getting in the opponents head.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #45
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Awful call. There are 30-40 plays like that in every game. Ref chose an idiotic (or strategic time) to throw that flag. Then they followed it up on the following play by allowing D. Bowe to throw Webster on the ground. If you're going to call an offensive PI, that would have been the ideal case and they swallowed their whistle.
Flowers was manhandling Welker the whole first half in what looked to me like obvious and illegal holding over and over and very aggressive contact beyond 5 yard--like throwing to the ground contact. It's hard to believe it wasn't called repeatedly. Can't help but think the ref's irresponsibility in that regard contributed to the injury. It was clearly "open season on Wes Welker with no consequences day."
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #46
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Talking trash is part of the game but you do it as you are going about your business on the field. You don't bend over and talk to a player laying on the ground, you don't hurry up and run over to a player and do it. There are just a few key things that the refs look for and Nacho made the mistake of doing one of those. Just say your few words and walk away. He had a few words, then had to stop and bend over and bark a few more, then put his helmet right next to the other guys and walk right next to him for a bit barking more. Good god, how much talk do you need to say. It was a stupid Nacho move. He should have been yanked as he did and have his ass chewed out. Stupid young players need to learn. This is a football game not a nightclub where you need to represent how bad you are. Let your play speak for itself. Let the scoreboard have the last laugh.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #47
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I think the issue was that not only did he "trash talk" but I think he also made physical contact with him while doing so.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #48
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I think the issue was that not only did he "trash talk" but I think he also made physical contact with him while doing so.
He didn't make contact, with him, from what I saw. After the play, I just saw Nacho talking. He had his hands at his side, at all times...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #49
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
He didn't make contact, with him, from what I saw. After the play, I just saw Nacho talking. He had his hands at his side, at all times...
While he didn't headbutt him or anything, their helmets were touching. But I don't think that in itself is what dew that flag. I think it was the combination of that, and prior to, he stopped walking back to the LOS, and bent over and had a few words while the player was down as well. All of that combined just led the ref to calling the penalty because he probably felt it was just excessive.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #50
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Talking trash is part of the game but you do it as you are going about your business on the field. You don't bend over and talk to a player laying on the ground, you don't hurry up and run over to a player and do it. There are just a few key things that the refs look for and Nacho made the mistake of doing one of those. Just say your few words and walk away. He had a few words, then had to stop and bend over and bark a few more, then put his helmet right next to the other guys and walk right next to him for a bit barking more. Good god, how much talk do you need to say. It was a stupid Nacho move. He should have been yanked as he did and have his ass chewed out. Stupid young players need to learn. This is a football game not a nightclub where you need to represent how bad you are. Let your play speak for itself. Let the scoreboard have the last laugh.
You are absolutely correct. The word "nightclub" jumped off the screen to me. A nightclub is not a good place to talk smack. If you talk smack there, you never know when someone will follow you out the door and spray the side of your white Hummer with a semi automatic weapon because you upset them. Just do your job. Mind your business. Let your performance speak for itself. If you do it well enough, you will get all the attention from the other team you want.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote