The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default Number 1 Offense vs the Number 17 D Sunday.

2 Weeks ago it was the #1 offense vs the #3 D

All of a sudden kFc has slid down to the 17th overall D and they are without their best player.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1

kFc is 15th vs the Pass:

kFc is 20th vs the run:

We are coming off a game where KM had 224 yards on the ground. I see another big day this week on the road.

Denver still sucks vs the pass down to 27th overall but we get Champ back and DRC looks to be able to go.

The big stat here (other than #1 overall offense) is that Denver is 5th vs the run. Charles had his best game of the year vs a bad Charges D. We shut him down at the goal line and held him to only 1 big run and under 80 yards rushing.

On D the big questions for Denver are:
Can Bono 3.0 throw on Champ and DRC?
Can DRC tackle with that sore shoulder, can he also bump and get his arm up to contest balls?
Will Bono 3.0 have time to throw this time around? Fisher has been limited every day this week, he is still not 100% and if they continue to double and triple Miller will Sly be able to make up for the loss of Vickerson. Phillips will need to play well to make up for the loss of Wolfe who had some bad Turkey.

Offensively Denver has the #1 overall O, kFc is 22nd overall.

Denver has the #1 overall Passing attack, kFc is 26th passing.

Denver is #12 rush O, with kFc falling to #13.

I don't see the crowd being enough of a factor to help a team that has a middle of the road D without their best player vs the #1 Offense in the NFL. What kFc needs to win this one at home is lots of turnovers and the D to score at least 21. There was a big emphasis this week on ball security I just do not see Denver coming out and putting the ball into kFc's hands, maybe Holliday does something stupid but I think the O will protect the ball.

Reid has built a team that plays basic smart football based on short positive yardage plays on O that keep long drives alive and they play smart physical defensive for the 1st few seconds of each play. They do not have the talent to do much more that that on either side of the football. Avery would be a #3 slot WR on most teams, Bowe is only good for about 5 catches and 30-40 yards. With Champ back I don't see Alice being as successful as he was last time in their 10 point loss.

If Manning has more time and confidence in his pass pro this time around with Houston out he will torch their weak secondary. Plus it seems that his ankles are slowly improving and he should be able to be more mobile and get more on his throws this week. After last week's melt down I think Manning is going to want to come out and put this one out of reach and keep it out of reach.

It will be nice to have Fox and his excellent half time adjustments back next week, until then I think we put up 38 easy, send the mullets home before the end of the 3rd quarter and put the division on ice after this week. Really it just comes down to the Broncos protecting the football and not turning it over.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Turnovers will be the key, as they have been in every Broncos game this season. If we can't protect the ball the Chiefs might be able to steal a few scores...if we do protect the ball, it will be another double digit win for us.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Weather will be nice. O-rings in Manning arm work fine above 34 degrees. Go for launch.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Weather will be nice. O-rings in Manning arm work fine above 34 degrees. Go for launch.

We can always test his O-rings by putting his arm in ice-water and pinching it with a C-clamp.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

It truly is all about turnovers. We turn it over 3 times instead of 4 vs NE and we win. We turn it over 2 times instead of 1 vs Indy and we win.

We are our own worst enemy.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

No they are as good as 2000 Ravens.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
No they are as good as 2000 Ravens.
and the '85 bears!

Is a dominant D without it's best one dimensional player still dominant or is it just below average?
Old 11-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
We are coming off a game where KM had 224 yards on the ground. I see another big day this week on the road.
We struggled to run last time we played KC, averaging 2.9 ypc. I think we'll do better but I don't think we'll have remotely the success we had against the Pats. Plus, coming off 37 carries and getting banged up in the process, they're going to have to lighten Moreno's load this week. Will be interesting to see which other back they trust this week. Maybe Hillman gets a shot?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
We struggled to run last time we played KC, averaging 2.9 ypc. I think we'll do better but I don't think we'll have remotely the success we had against the Pats. Plus, coming off 37 carries and getting banged up in the process, they're going to have to lighten Moreno's load this week. Will be interesting to see which other back they trust this week. Maybe Hillman gets a shot?
I think it really depends on the guy who did the best in practice this week.

If KM is game time scratch then we know Hillman will suit up but I think they stick with CJ this week and he gets a few more carries especially with that outside ISO pitch they used in a couple games this year (vs the Gints I think) they used that pitch to slow down the pass rush and if kFc sends lots of A gap blitz's late this could be a home run with a back with speed like CJ. Plus that pitch would force them to think run 1st.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Apparently, practice sessions had that idiotic tomahawk chant piped in. I'm hoping it helps. Scoring will do everything to quiet a BBQ-amped crowd...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Apparently, practice sessions had that idiotic tomahawk chant piped in. I'm hoping it helps. Scoring will do everything to quiet a BBQ-amped crowd...
The team should leave inflatable sheep on the seats for the fans to distract them so we dont have to worry about the noise.

And it's always a pet hate of mine when a team's ranked by yards. Houston rank first in yardage allowed and look at the state of them. It's all about the points, KC are third.

Last edited by spiralism; 11-30-2013 at 01:59 AM..
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I saw that, after a couple Manning TD's kFc fans will pass out and piss themselves and life will return to normal. Hoping for another 3rd quarter mass exodus by the Analhead "faithfull".
Old 11-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #13
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
It truly is all about turnovers. We turn it over 3 times instead of 4 vs NE and we win. We turn it over 2 times instead of 1 vs Indy and we win.

Yep

But, a close second is we play scared in big games Decker Welker DMT and Manning get tough and get over it SOON.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #14
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The Chiefs are the greatest defense to play all backup quarterbacks ever.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #15
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Funny thing is KC something like 6th in points allowed per game for all teams in 2000...and they were tooting **** about being as good as the Ravens that year. ****ing delusional tards.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #16
Bronco
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

The chiefs suck.
Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post

TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You mean the #1 offense that could only score 7 points in the last 40 minutes of the game last week against a D with Wilfork, Mayo and others out and 3 rookie DB's playing most of the snaps?

Last edited by KCStud; 11-29-2013 at 10:27 PM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #19
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Also, Jamaal looks to have a big day Sunday. 4.6 YPC against that overrated rush D last time.
This time no Cheap shot Vickerson or Wolfe=open lanes
Old 11-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
Bronco
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You mean the #1 offense that could only score 7 points in the last 40 minutes of the game last week?
Vs the #15 defense that have up 41 at home last week.
Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #21
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
Vs the #15 defense that have up 41 at home last week.
I'm sure losing our best players had nothing to do with that, considering Phyllis only had 3 points in the first 27 min and then 38 the rest after they got hurt
Old 11-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #22
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
You mean the #1 offense that could only score 7 points in the last 40 minutes of the game last week?
Yes. Also the same offense that surpassed Kansas City's average PPG in the first 20 minutes last week.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #23
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm sure losing our best players had nothing to do with that, considering Phyllis only had 3 points in the first 27 min and then 38 the rest after they got hurt
If you excuses were the AIDS virus, you would be dead already.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #24
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Also, Jamaal looks to have a big day Sunday. 4.6 YPC against that overrated rush D last time.
This time no Cheap shot Vickerson or Wolfe=open lanes
It's too bad your coach will probably want you to pass it 60 times against Denver.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Turnovers will be the key, as they have been in every Broncos game this season. If we can't protect the ball the Chiefs might be able to steal a few scores...if we do protect the ball, it will be another double digit win for us.
100% True

We only lose when we don't take care of the ball. Even then, we win several times when we still don't take care of the ball but against a good team on the road, that has proven to be our demise. Can we get just 1 F'n game without a fumble, pick or botched punt.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote