The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default Chris Clark; Broncos 2nd best lineman

The transition has truly be seamless. Frankly this past weekend’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars was when they had the most trouble keeping Manning on his feet. Clark wasn’t the problem though: according to the grades given out by Pro Football Focus each week, Clark graded out the best of all of the offensive linemen with a 4.3 mark (with anything about a 2.0 being considered exceptional). It was actually the best grade on the entire offense for the day.

For the season Clark has a cumulative grade from PFF of 10.6. Only Louis Vasquez has a better grade on the offensive line with an 11.3. What we’re saying here is that Clark has not just been a competent replacement for Clady; he has been one of the best linemen on the team since he took over as the starter.
Clark deserves credit beyond being an acceptable replacement; he deserves credit for being a big reason why the Broncos have the best offense in the NFL through the first six weeks of the season.

http://milehighmaniac.com/2013/10/18...m_medium=email
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

I love back-ups playing like this. Denver needs to resign Franklin or Clark whoever comes cheaper. In hindsight Denver should have just Franchised Clady.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Nonsense PFF citation aside, Clark has been great for us. I think we should seriously consider moving him to RT next season while having Franklin take over for Beadles inside.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Nonsense PFF citation aside, Clark has been great for us. I think we should seriously consider moving him to RT next season while having Franklin take over for Beadles inside.
Franklin is 6'7" 350 lbs. I don't think he could play guard as well as tackle. He can't move like Beadles.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Pro Bowler

4!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I love back-ups playing like this. Denver needs to resign Franklin or Clark whoever comes cheaper. In hindsight Denver should have just Franchised Clady.
Pretty sure Clark signed a two year extension just before Clady went down.

If I didn't know any better, I would think Clady never got hurt.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
We already re-signed Clark... through 2015. Locked him up a week before Clady went down. Elway just bossing per usual.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
We already re-signed Clark... through 2015. Locked him up a week before Clady went down. Elway just bossing per usual.
Yeah you guys are right I forgot about that. Too bad it was only a two-year deal.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #8
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Franklin is 6'7" 350 lbs. I don't think he could play guard as well as tackle. He can't move like Beadles.
He's a better blocker in both phases however, and projected to be a guard coming out of college. Really the only thing Beadles would be better at is pulling. If Louis Vasquez can excel in our blocking scheme at guard so would Orlando Franklin. Besides, Beadles is probably gone next season.

Also where on earth did you get that he weighs 350? He weighs 320.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #9
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
He's a better blocker in both phases however, and projected to be a guard coming out of college. Really the only thing Beadles would be better at is pulling. If Louis Vasquez can excel in our blocking scheme at guard so would Orlando Franklin.

Also where on earth did you get that he weighs 350? He weighs 320.
I am not saying Franklin cannot do it. I have never heard this before. Franklin will want to play OT because they make more money and it is a more important position, convincing him to move inside I think will not be easy.

Also pulling is very important in the run game and screen game, which Beadles is one of the best at, I don't see Franklin being able to get out front on those plays.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
I am not saying Franklin cannot do it. I have never heard this before. Franklin will want to play OT because they make more money and it is a more important position, convincing him to move inside I think will not be easy.

Also pulling is very important in the run game and screen game, which Beadles is one of the best at, I don't see Franklin being able to get out front on those plays.
I'm sorry, but this whole post just gets a "what the ****?" response out of me.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #11
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this whole post just gets a "what the ****?" response out of me.
Why?

{1st sentence}I have never heard of Franklin being able to play guard. I do not think he would be willing to play guard

{2nd sentence} He might be better at point of attack than Beadles but I do not think he would be able to pull quickly enough on the screens and sweeps that Denver runs.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Clark has played well, but PFF is absolute crap.

PFF grades at a .032 on my own made up metric of suckitude. A perfect score is a 1.5 per my magical random metrics.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #13
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

PFF grades at a .032 on my own made up metric of suckitude. A perfect score is a 1.5 per my magical random metrics.
Med would be proud!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #14
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Why?

{1st sentence}I have never heard of Franklin being able to play guard. I do not think he would be willing to play guard

{2nd sentence} He might be better at point of attack than Beadles but I do not think he would be able to pull quickly enough on the screens and sweeps that Denver runs.
1) Franklin playing guard has been discussed often on this board since the day he was drafted, and many scouts thought he was a better fit at the position. He played both guard and tackle in college.

2) Franklin has shown a good amount of mobility on quite a few outside runs this season. Have you not been paying attention?

Thus my "what the ****?" response. Franklin > Beadles at guard. Period.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:00 AM   #15
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

lolol
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #16
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

When clay comes back healthy we have trade bait.. Trade Clark for a 1st rd pick!
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #17
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
1) Franklin playing guard has been discussed often on this board since the day he was drafted, and many scouts thought he was a better fit at the position. He played both guard and tackle in college.

2) Franklin has shown a good amount of mobility on quite a few outside runs this season. Have you not been paying attention?

Thus my "what the ****?" response. Franklin > Beadles at guard. Period.
I did not say there was not talk of Franklin playing guard I said I was not aware of it. I also was unaware that he played guard in college which is what I stated.

I don't see Franklin getting out on the WR screens the Broncos like to run. Watch the TD against pitt in 2012 I don't see him being able to do that.

That also leaves the issue that I believe there is no way he would move to guard.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #18
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Check out the Broncos page on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/

More importantly, this link: http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBronco...footballfocus/
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #19
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

When the FO inked Clark to a 2 year extension before he took the field, I honestly thought it was a move that was solely meant to motivate him & help build up confidence.

After 4 starts, it's pretty obvious what's up.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #20
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Magazu!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Yeah you guys are right I forgot about that. Too bad it was only a two-year deal.
Could probably flip him for a high pick this offseason. He isn't going to want to return to backup status and he won't start ahead of Clady or Franklin.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #22
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I did not say there was not talk of Franklin playing guard I said I was not aware of it. I also was unaware that he played guard in college which is what I stated.

I don't see Franklin getting out on the WR screens the Broncos like to run. Watch the TD against pitt in 2012 I don't see him being able to do that.

That also leaves the issue that I believe there is no way he would move to guard.
how very fail of you 1:05 in http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...2-15107b4dbbd9

2:20
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...2-f04169bb2b44

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 10-19-2013 at 07:30 AM..
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #23
CEH
Ring of Famer

We really need a Louis Valsquez thread, He's been the best Olineman to date and Elway robbed SD of a quality starter to boot.

I think he goes overlooked because not once this year have you heard his name call for holding.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #24
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
We really need a Louis Valsquez thread, He's been the best Olineman to date and Elway robbed SD of a quality starter to boot.

I think he goes overlooked because not once this year have you heard his name call for holding.
Yes, Vasquez has been outstanding. I'm curious to see how he'll do at RT if Franklin doesn't start tomorrow night. Dude's been awesome in pass protection at RG.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #25
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Playbook - Chris Clark

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...oncos-vs-Colts
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote