The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #76
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

We could beat them with Brock
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #77
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
I don't post anything there. I found the article on Chiefs crowd when it came up in an auto-feed.

Because it is about the Broncos. Because it is written by a well known sports analyst and posted on a very popular site--Pro Football Talk at NBC sports. Because it is such a stupid article that it made me laugh and I thought you guys would have the same sense of humor I do. I didn't know fans of other teams were only allowed to post links to articles that talk about how great the Broncos are.

Kizsla wrote an article in the Denver post that was highly critical of the Chiefs and at the forum I'm in we talked about the ways in which it was flawed. Nobody attacked the person who posting it because we don't blame the messenger for sharing the message.

It's clear that you and several others only skimmed the article, saw that it was posted by a Chiefs fan and assumed I was supporting what it said and not condemning it. Kaylore said I didn't post a link to the source but it is clearly there. My comment on the article is clearly separated from the body of the article. Some of you just have poor reading skills.

I mocked Florio for saying Brock should start. I thought that was pretty condemning. When I post an article I like to make a brief comment and get others reactions first before expanding on my own. That way the thread is focused on the article and not on my reaction to it. This works well on other sites. It didn't work here.

Agreed. I said so from the beginning

I can see that now. From now on I'll only post links to articles that talk about how great the Broncos are.

I know that. I already admitted I over-reacted and I apologized for it. What more do you want me to do?

Different forums have different standards. Calling someone a retard just because you disagree with him would get you instantly banned at Chiefs Crowd. At ChiCitySports you can say pretty much anything but the "N" word and the gay slur "F" word. I read the forum rules, noticed the swear filter and thought the forum rules required members to be a little more respectful than they do and to refrain from personal attacks. Archer81 is a supermod and he has addressed the issue. I respect his position of authority and the matter is settled as far as I am concerned.

I think this is a great forum and I really enjoy discussing football with fans of other teams. Most of the members here seem to have above average knowledge of the game and have been as respectful toward me as any rival fan should expect them to be. I'm happy with that.
Just a quick "fyi" -- the "n" word or the gay slur "f" word have resulted in temporary bans here. Neither of those 2 words can be taken any way but one. "Retarded", however -- can be and often is used (on sports message boards and in real life conversations) in a casual manner to mean nothing more than "a ridiculously bad take" and not as a reference to an actual mental handicap. While I do agree that mental handicaps are nothing to joke about, it's a difficult word to apply sanctions to.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #78
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Just a quick "fyi" -- the "n" word or the gay slur "f" word have resulted in temporary bans here. Neither of those 2 words can be taken any way but one. "Retarded", however -- can be and often is used (on sports message boards and in real life conversations) in a casual manner to mean nothing more than "a ridiculously bad take" and not as a reference to an actual mental handicap. While I do agree that mental handicaps are nothing to joke about, it's a difficult word to apply sanctions to.
Also, he's still the only one that brought these words up.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #79
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
You have 63 posts here, and you just registered this month. How many things could you have been called?
I was going to go with the very relevant "Who are you?".

Effectively the same thing as your question. Man he would have been terribly upset if Slap still posted and Mock was still alive.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #80
Sodak
Clueless...

Who stole my avatar?

Threads like this deserve a response from Watermock. Miss that guy.
Sodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #81
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodak View Post
Threads like this deserve a response from Watermock. Miss that guy.
I'll pour some out for him.

I can't count the times we argued deep into the night, both sideways sloppy, about things that would be banished to some political or side forum these days...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #82
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

what if we went back in time and grabbed for each quarter vintage elway, marino, peyton ,and just to make it fair to the chiefs a 11 year old girl scout what would be the score for each quarter .
or what if every member of the justice league was playing for the broncos instead
what would be the score be : )
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #83
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Forum Guidelines

"Hate Speech: Hate speech is considered vulgarity. Hate slurs will be met with bans. Innuendos that are considered as hate speech will be met with bans. Mods are asked to consider intention when addressing hate speech, and to ban accordingly."

"Sometimes you think someone is an idiot and you want to tell them as much. But if you’re going to call someone an idiot, you’d better back up your words with something of substance because if an argument devolves into two (or more) people calling each other idiots, none of them are using their heads or showing any amount of respect to the community, and both of them are subject to receiving a ban. While some forums see this issue in black and white will ban over the smallest slight, this forum recognizes that there is a gray area – this is a football discussion forum. Football is a competitive sport. Smack is part of the culture, but there is a line and it will be judged by such criteria as substance, vulgarity, and consistency. If your attacks comes with no substance, are vulgar, or it seems that all you add to the forum is attacks on people who disagree with you, you put yourself at risk for a ban period (or even permanent exile). Mods will have discretion on this. The best way to protect yourself is to moderate your vulgarity, and provide substance: facts and content."

Mods?
Mommy Mommy Mods!!! come ban that big bad meanie KyleOrton who offended me!

How dare he imply I might be suffering a neuronal deficit!!! ... me of all people ... a total KC troll coming to a Bronco board trying to stir up some shiatsu with my inane speculations borne of nothing more than a desperate attempt to posit, and seek confirmation of, a rationale for why when KC loses this game (as is almost inevitable), then us Chief fans can explain to ourselves that the loss was due to an underhanded Bronco conspiracy and not a football game!

And thus, that it might just mean our fantasy fun ride of the first half year, built on the backs of defeating (often squeaking by) 6 backup QBs out of 9 games this year (counting Gabbert as no better than a low QB3, which is being generous) isn't really over and that we are not, by habit and history, necessarily going to begin our long slide back toward mediocrity in the last half of the year, and at best, a one and done in the playoffs.

And while Im not calling you a moron Topeka, per se, you ask for substance behind a similar off the cuff assessment by our brother KyleOrton. TopekaRoy, the fact that you would post such ridiculous nonsense on Orangemane is EXHIBIT A that absolutely exonerates KyleOrton against your frivolous and girlie-like whining.

I trust the Chiefs players have a tighter ball sack and can roll with the punches with a bit more savvy than you have shown here, otherwise they are gonna get blown out by end of the first quarter tonight!

The Chiefs have made big strides as a team after years of decrepitude and endless top 10 draft picks to pad their bench with. Its about time they field a competitive team and its good for the AFC west and makes for a more exciting division. If they are really for real and can upset the Broncos tonight, then hats off to them, for this game at least.

However, the issue is gonna be decided on the field for 60+ minutes and not by some slight of hand to suddenly spring Brock Osweiler on the poor unsuspecting Chiefs D!

If you are worried about what Brock might do to your D (and honestly that IS a fair worry considering how close a couple of true 3 stringers came to upsetting you guys this year already), then you're really in deep do do when Peyton takes the field!

The odds are you might get a sack or two maybe three if lucky tonight and the odds are high Manning will simply bounce right back up to orchestrate yet another TD drive on the way to a rather convincing home win against an improved KC team.

Now, TopekaRoy, go get your ball and scurry home before dinner gets cold and stop your whining. If you want to come play with the big boys on a Bronco board you better be ready to roll with a few lumps and show a little class.

KCStud, do us all a favor and write a PM to TopekaRoy and talk some sense into your compatriot. Please suggest he save his thoughts for Chiefs Planet if he is gonna get his knickers in such a twist over a few words from a rival board after he ventures over hear with his own smack.

Maybe he really is twelve and none of us here want to gang up on a guy who hasn't started to shave, especially if he really is this naive.

Thanks Hulamau

Last edited by Hulamau; 11-17-2013 at 03:20 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #84
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
We could beat them with Brock
Nope, maybe if we had to play Daniels.

That would be a horrible game to watch, Brock vs Chase.
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #85
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
what if we went back in time and grabbed for each quarter vintage elway, marino, peyton ,and just to make it fair to the chiefs a 11 year old girl scout what would be the score for each quarter .
or what if every member of the justice league was playing for the broncos instead
what would be the score be : )
I ****ing hate the Donks but Elway is better than all 3.

Why?

He wins win it matters. He carried talent. He came back on teams that Denver probably never should have been able to beat.

Marino and Payed-a-Ton screamed at WR's and absolutely do not elevate or foster belief.

Manning makes WR's fear letting him down...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #86
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Mommy Mommy Mods!!! come ban that big bad meanie KyleOrton who offended me!

How dare he imply I might be suffering a neuronal deficit!!! ... me of all people ... a total KC troll coming to a Bronco board trying to stir up some shiatsu with my inane speculations borne of nothing more than a desperate attempt to posit, and seek confirmation of, a rationale for why when KC loses this game (as is almost inevitable), then us Chief fans can explain to ourselves that the loss was due to an underhanded Bronco conspiracy and not a football game!

And thus, that it might just mean our fantasy fun ride of the first half year, built on the backs of defeating (often squeaking by) 6 backup QBs out of 9 games this year (counting Gabbert as no better than a low QB3, which is being generous) isn't really over and that we are not, by habit and history, necessarily going to begin our long slide back toward mediocrity in the last half of the year, and at best, a one and done in the playoffs.

And while Im not calling you a moron Topeka, per se, you ask for substance behind a similar off the cuff assessment by our brother KyleOrton. TopekaRoy, the fact that you would post such ridiculous nonsense on Orangemane is EXHIBIT A that absolutely exonerates KyleOrton against your frivolous and girlie-like whining.

I trust the Chiefs players have a tighter ball sack and can roll with the punches with a bit more savvy than you have shown here, otherwise they are gonna get blown out by end of the first quarter tonight!

The Chiefs have made big strides as a team after years of decrepitude and endless top 10 draft picks to pad their bench with. Its about time they field a competitive team and its good for the AFC west and makes for a more exciting division. If they are really for real and can upset the Broncos tonight, then hats off to them, for this game at least.

However, the issue is gonna be decided on the field for 60+ minutes and not by some slight of hand to suddenly spring Brock Osweiler on the poor unsuspecting Chiefs D!

If you are worried about what Brock might do to your D (and honestly that IS a fair worry considering how close a couple of true 3 stringers came to upsetting you guys this year already), then you're really in deep do do when Peyton takes the field!

The odds are you might get a sack or two maybe three if lucky tonight and the odds are high Manning will simply bounce right back up to orchestrate yet another TD drive on the way to a rather convincing home win against an improved KC team.

Now, TopekaRoy, go get your ball and scurry home before dinner gets cold and stop your whining. If you want to come play with the big boys on a Bronco board you better be ready to roll with a few lumps and show a little class.

KCStud, do us all a favor and write a PM to TopekaRoy and talk some sense into your compatriot. Please suggest he save his thoughts for Chiefs Planet if he is gonna get his knickers in such a twist over a few words from a rival board after he ventures over hear with his own smack.

Maybe he really is twelve and none of us here want to gang up on a guy who hasn't started to shave, especially if he really is this naive.

Thanks Hulamau
You should probably learn how to read. Also, this thread--and virtually every thread posted here in the last week and a half--make me embarrassed to be a broncos fan.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #87
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

It wasn't the content of your original post Topeka that got the responses you did, this thread would have died half way t through the first page had it been solely on the content of your article that you linked to with the rather far our stretch of an assumption, regardless of who originally came up with that cockamamy idea! It was the calling for a ban of KlyeOrton over a common retort to a rival teams fan after you came here on our board to begin with.

Expect a little ribbing and take it easy and you won't make yourself such a tempting foil. This is 'trolling101' if you really want to engage in honest dialogue without too much smack coming your way ... thin skin isn't an asset on a rival teams board.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #88
Bronco Yoda

You should all be ashamed of yourselves!!! Making fun of poor TopekaRoy for being a retard. Retards have feelings too!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #89
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

I'd be bothered more by the fact that Broncos fans call other Broncos fans retarded.....but since 99% of us are guilty of it, not sure why a rival fan is whining about being called retarded.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #90
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I'd be bothered more by the fact that Broncos fans call other Broncos fans retarded.....but since 99% of us are guilty of it, not sure why a rival fan is whining about being called retarded.
And that's the whole point, what little point there is to this thread. People here don't use that term in the context KO used it here in response to TopekaRoy as an actual literally applied term. Blueflame spelled it out as well.

This is a football message board, and when you come to another teams site, its not a wise idea to cry foul with such mild mannered retorts when its obvious what he was getting at.

I wrote my reply to Topeka on my iPhone right at the beginning of this thread and posted it before it grew to several pages and before Topeka more or less came to his senses, and realized he had over-reacted. MY phone was turned off and obviously the post got sent after I turned it back on and after this topic had run amok for four pages and thus I had not read the rest of this banter that had transpired prior to my post finally getting sent and showing up a bit late and somewhat out of context.

Nevertheless, it seems Topeka got the message as it is and its no big deal in any event.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #91
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Blue or other mods,
While I really was trying to see the merit in starting this thread, it is clearly pretty worthless. Can we just move this thing off the main page and put it in the horse's bum where it belongs and let the main page return to the business of hurling insults at the Chiefs in the official gameday thread? Cheers.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #92
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Blue or other mods,
While I really was trying to see the merit in starting this thread, it is clearly pretty worthless. Can we just move this thing off the main page and put it in the horse's bum where it belongs and let the main page return to the business of hurling insults at the Chiefs in the official gameday thread? Cheers.
bumping moves it to the top.... keeping it on the front. Very valid points but it will die shortly!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #93
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
"Officially, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is probable for Sunday’s game against the Chiefs with an ankle injury. Unofficially, it’s hard not to wonder whether something more is going on.

The use of the term “probable” (which connotes a virtual certainty the player will be available for normal duty) and the repeated declarations from interim coach Jack Del Rio that Peyton will play has created the clearest possible message that Manning will start on Sunday night. But the chatter remains that Manning has a high ankle sprain, and that it’s not getting any better.

Unless and until the Broncos secure the top seed in the AFC, there will be no in-season opportunity to give Peyton a game off to expedite the healing process. And if Peyton is going to miss a game that counts, the game that makes the most sense to miss would be the one to be played against a defense that could transform the injury from something with which he can play to something with which he can’t play.

That’s why we’ve been keeping a close eye on the Broncos’ website and Twitter page today for a possible downgrade of Peyton from probable to questionable.

So far, he remains probable.

But what if the Broncos decide to seize on that minor sliver of doubt embedded in the term “probable” and shut Peyton down? It would be a brilliant maneuver, giving the Chiefs no time to prepare for Brock Osweiler.

It would, of course, require the Broncos to explain their decision to insist that Peyton will play but then not actually play him, and the Broncos could be fined by the league.

But who cares about a fine? It’s a cost of doing business in connection with trying to win a Super Bowl. The 1997-98 Broncos won two of them despite salary cap violations that eventually resulted in the stripping of draft picks.

But not the stripping of the Lombardi Trophies.

A fine paid to enhance the chances of beating the Chiefs a small price to pay for the pursuit of a championship. Losing to Kansas City on Sunday night would make winning a championship in 2013 much more difficult. If Peyton indeed can’t play, springing the truth on the Chiefs as late as possible would help the effort to win.

None of this means Manning won’t play. Indeed, there are no rumors he won’t play. All signs point to Manning playing.

But if for some reason Manning couldn’t play, the Broncos will have concocted the best possible con for making the Chiefs think they’ll see Manning and not Osweiler on Sunday night." source: ProFootballTalk

Yeah. I'm sure the Chiefs are worried that they might have to face Brock instead of Peyton!

"Oh, no.We have no game film on him!"
Now we know!

No sacks and over 300 yards passing no INT's!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #94
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

What if he plays and doesn't even get touched? Gtfo troll.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #95
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
400 yards and only 13 points. But the chiefs have not faced an offense as good as Denver's, yet (although Dallas is pretty good ... sometimes), so it's all just speculation at this point. We will find out tonight, won't we?

That we did. And surprise surprise...I was right.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #96
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
I wrote my reply to Topeka on my iPhone right at the beginning of this thread and posted it before it grew to several pages and before Topeka more or less came to his senses, and realized he had over-reacted. MY phone was turned off and obviously the post got sent after I turned it back on and after this topic had run amok for four pages and thus I had not read the rest of this banter that had transpired prior to my post finally getting sent and showing up a bit late and somewhat out of context.

Nevertheless, it seems Topeka got the message as it is and its no big deal in any event.
Well, I'm glad you thought it was "no big deal." I'd hate to see what you'd write if it WAS a big deal!

Thank you for explaining what happened. I'm glad you were able to get that out of your system and I hope you feel better now.

As I said before, I admitted I was wrong and I apologized for it. That apology was sincere. I don't know what more I can do to make amends.

As far as my original post goes, it appears that most of you didn't like what Mike Florio wrote in the article an somehow thought I supported what he said or some portion of what he said, because you guys either skimmed through it or misunderstood that I was pointing out how stupid I thought Florio was for writing it. I have already explained why I posted it and I wasn't trying to make anyone mad in doing so. As far as I am concerned this matter is closed.

But if it makes some of you feel better about yourselves (I don't mean you, Hulamau) to continue bashing me over it, then have at it.

I am done with this thread, but I am not done with OrangeMane because I like most of you guys and enjoy reading what you have to say about the Broncos and the Chiefs.

Peace.
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #97
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Well, I'm glad you thought it was "no big deal." I'd hate to see what you'd write if it WAS a big deal!

Thank you for explaining what happened. I'm glad you were able to get that out of your system and I hope you feel better now.

As I said before, I admitted I was wrong and I apologized for it. That apology was sincere. I don't know what more I can do to make amends.

As far as my original post goes, it appears that most of you didn't like what Mike Florio wrote in the article an somehow thought I supported what he said or some portion of what he said, because you guys either skimmed through it or misunderstood that I was pointing out how stupid I thought Florio was for writing it. I have already explained why I posted it and I wasn't trying to make anyone mad in doing so. As far as I am concerned this matter is closed.

But if it makes some of you feel better about yourselves (I don't mean you, Hulamau) to continue bashing me over it, then have at it.

I am done with this thread, but I am not done with OrangeMane because I like most of you guys and enjoy reading what you have to say about the Broncos and the Chiefs.

Peace.
You're all good, right? 'Cause your Bears won ---
Old 11-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #98
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
You're all good, right? 'Cause your Bears won ---
. Yeah, so my day wasn't a total waste! Too bad the Bears aren't going anywhere this year. I have waited years for them to put together a decent offense and now their defense can't stop anybody!
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #99
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
bumping moves it to the top.... keeping it on the front. Very valid points but it will die shortly!
...or not:
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #100
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
. Yeah, so my day wasn't a total waste! Too bad the Bears aren't going anywhere this year. I have waited years for them to put together a decent offense and now their defense can't stop anybody!
Key injuries contribute to that (defensive struggles), y'know.