The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #51
DomCasual
The Dude abides.
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
I'm willing to admit that I probably over reacted to being called a "retard." I have been called lots of things here and didn't take offense but I thought that crossed the line. Maybe it is because I know people who have kids with "special needs" and have worked with some that it set me off, and for that I apologize.

As far as trolling, I had no idea that posting the article, and pointing out how ignorant it was would set so many people off. I came across it in another forum and thought members here would find it just as big a laugh as I did.

If you look at any of my posts outside this thread you will find that i have focused on the upcoming game and discussion of who I think will win and why. I've been nothing but respectful of the fans here other than a little good natured teasing at some of the posters who tease me first.

Here I just posted a really stupid article so we could all make fun of it. I still don't know what set so many people off.
You have 63 posts here, and you just registered this month. How many things could you have been called?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #52
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Some said TopekaRoy was different. . . .

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #53
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 86

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
You have 63 posts here, and you just registered this month. How many things could you have been called?
Like I said, nothing that bad. One guy called me "brain dead" because he doesn't understand math. Most of the other insults have been directed at Chiefs fans in general. None of it is a big deal. It's just rival "smack talk." I have no problem with that.

Can we get back to making fun of the article now, please?
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #54
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 86

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Some said TopekaRoy was different. . . .

.

That actually looks like it might be a pretty good movie.

.... or really stupid! I'll have to check it out sometime.
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #55
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,294

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

OP broke forum guidelines by not posting the link to the article.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #56
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 86

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
OP broke forum guidelines by not posting the link to the article.
Look again near the bottom of the post. The link is blue and it's underlined, if that helps
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #57
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
I posted an article and pointed out that I thought the author's argument that the Broncos might start Osweiller was foolish. that was the "substance" of my post.

He then called me "r*t*rded" without providing any reason (substance) for making such a hate-slur insult.

How can you not see that?

And how has TheElusiveKyleOrton not been banned already if he has a habit of making these kinds of comments?
Wow, I'm sorry about your tiny penis.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #58
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 86

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Wow, I'm sorry about your tiny penis.
Quit peaking through my window, pervert!
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #59
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Quit peaking through my window, pervert!
Sorry, the retard convention there drew my eye!
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #60
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 86

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Sorry, the retard convention there drew my eye!
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:02 AM   #61
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,138

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

TopekaRoy likes Family Guy, so he can't be THAT bad.

It's just everyone is on edge with the game tonight
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #62
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 86

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
TopekaRoy likes Family Guy, so he can't be THAT bad.

It's just everyone is on edge with the game tonight
I LOVE Family Guy, but I don't remember mentioning that anywhere here. How did you know?

lol
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #63
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Like I said, nothing that bad. One guy called me "brain dead" because he doesn't understand math. Most of the other insults have been directed at Chiefs fans in general. None of it is a big deal. It's just rival "smack talk." I have no problem with that.

Can we get back to making fun of the article now, please?

No, he did not understand how you believe in a made up statistic (difference in point differential percentage? really?) that somehow validates the Chiefs "awesome" defense. If Denver and KC both score their average...you get blown out by 18 points. That is the point you failed to grasp.

Last season in two games, Manning threw for 589 yards, 5tds and 1 int. He was sacked once. With the "totes awesome" Houston and Hali on the field.

Of course that was last year...but for the love of God why do you think it would be any different this season? Because you beat the Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Browns, and Bills? Each one without a decent QB? Bills piled up 400 yards on that all world defense. You face a QB with any seasoning there and you lose. Do you think Manning will throw into triple coverage from his own 2 and allow a 100 yard INT return?

I pray reality hits tomorrow so some of you Chief fans realize that you are not as good as your 9-0 record indicates.

But woo. 9-0. Good for you.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #64
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
.

That actually looks like it might be a pretty good movie.

.... or really stupid! I'll have to check it out sometime.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #65
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with race. He used a hate slur (5 times now) toward the developmentally disabled that is just as offensive as the "N" word is to people of African descent. I was merely pointing that out. You are the only one to mention race.

Dude thanks for giving me my first good laugh of the day. Are you retarded? If you aren't I suggest you not be so sensitive. Problem with this country every one gets butthurt about words redskins redskins... I guess I'm now racist :-(
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #66
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,199

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
I posted an article and pointed out that I thought the author's argument that the Broncos might start Osweiller was foolish. that was the "substance" of my post.

He then called me "r*t*rded" without providing any reason (substance) for making such a hate-slur insult.

How can you not see that?

And how has TheElusiveKyleOrton not been banned already if he has a habit of making these kinds of comments?
Did you post the same article on CP? Since you say you think the articles premise is foolish WHY post it here? And when you posted it you did NOT comment on it in the post, only later in the thread. Edit...See you made a comment at the end of post that is a little critical, but not outright condemning.

The article is a foolish and a rediculous idea. Posting it here was dumb. Retard is a slur but also is colloquially used by many to indicate stupidity or dumbness. And since you are a fan of an opponent team( or two) posting here, criticizing the mods for not invoking a ban on someone responding to your initial post is also pretty whiny. In the words of Jim Rome "have a take and don't suck."

Last edited by ScottXray; 11-17-2013 at 08:15 AM..
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #67
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Topeka you maybe the first troll who got trolled while trolling.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #68
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 86

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Did you post the same article on CP?
I don't post anything there. I found the article on Chiefs crowd when it came up in an auto-feed.

Quote:
Since you say you think the articles premise is foolish WHY post it here?
Because it is about the Broncos. Because it is written by a well known sports analyst and posted on a very popular site--Pro Football Talk at NBC sports. Because it is such a stupid article that it made me laugh and I thought you guys would have the same sense of humor I do. I didn't know fans of other teams were only allowed to post links to articles that talk about how great the Broncos are.

Kizsla wrote an article in the Denver post that was highly critical of the Chiefs and at the forum I'm in we talked about the ways in which it was flawed. Nobody attacked the person who posting it because we don't blame the messenger for sharing the message.

Quote:
And when you posted it you did NOT comment on it in the post, only later in the thread.
It's clear that you and several others only skimmed the article, saw that it was posted by a Chiefs fan and assumed I was supporting what it said and not condemning it. Kaylore said I didn't post a link to the source but it is clearly there. My comment on the article is clearly separated from the body of the article. Some of you just have poor reading skills.

Quote:
Edit...See you made a comment at the end of post that is a little critical, but not outright condemning.
I mocked Florio for saying Brock should start. I thought that was pretty condemning. When I post an article I like to make a brief comment and get others reactions first before expanding on my own. That way the thread is focused on the article and not on my reaction to it. This works well on other sites. It didn't work here.

Quote:
The article is a foolish and a rediculous idea.
Agreed. I said so from the beginning

Quote:
Posting it here was dumb.
I can see that now. From now on I'll only post links to articles that talk about how great the Broncos are.

Quote:
Retard is a slur but also is colloquially used by many to indicate stupidity or dumbness. And since you are a fan of an opponent team( or two) posting here, criticizing the mods for not invoking a ban on someone responding to your initial post is also pretty whiny. In the words of Jim Rome "have a take and don't suck."
I know that. I already admitted I over-reacted and I apologized for it. What more do you want me to do?

Different forums have different standards. Calling someone a retard just because you disagree with him would get you instantly banned at Chiefs Crowd. At ChiCitySports you can say pretty much anything but the "N" word and the gay slur "F" word. I read the forum rules, noticed the swear filter and thought the forum rules required members to be a little more respectful than they do and to refrain from personal attacks. Archer81 is a supermod and he has addressed the issue. I respect his position of authority and the matter is settled as far as I am concerned.

I think this is a great forum and I really enjoy discussing football with fans of other teams. Most of the members here seem to have above average knowledge of the game and have been as respectful toward me as any rival fan should expect them to be. I'm happy with that.
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #69
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 86

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
No, he did not understand how you believe in a made up statistic (difference in point differential percentage? really?) that somehow validates the Chiefs "awesome" defense. If Denver and KC both score their average...you get blown out by 18 points. That is the point you failed to grasp.
Nobody scores their average against the Chiefs. They have held every team they have played to below their season averages.

I just pointed out a mathematical fact that the Chefs are scoring almost twice as many points as they allow. 23.9 ppg vs 12.3 ppg. When you give up so few points you don't have to score that many. Hence, the Chiefs are 9-0. i also pointed out that the Chiefs are outscoring their opponents by almost as many points as the Broncos are (about 12 vs about 15 ppg). But the Chiefs margin of victory is actually a bigger cushion percentage-wise than the Broncos margin of victory because points are so much harder to come by against the Chiefs.

It's just information. Statistics. Interpret them any way you like.
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #70
Brewer
Seasoned Veteran
 
Brewer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Mods? There is no Mods. You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby.... You're gonna diiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee in the jungle, welcome to the jungle....
Feel my serpentine!
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #71
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Nobody scores their average against the Chiefs. They have held every team they have played to below their season averages.

I just pointed out a mathematical fact that the Chefs are scoring almost twice as many points as they allow. 23.9 ppg vs 12.3 ppg. When you give up so few points you don't have to score that many. Hence, the Chiefs are 9-0. i also pointed out that the Chiefs are outscoring their opponents by almost as many points as the Broncos are (about 12 vs about 15 ppg). But the Chiefs margin of victory is actually a bigger cushion percentage-wise than the Broncos margin of victory because points are so much harder to come by against the Chiefs.

It's just information. Statistics. Interpret them any way you like.
So you think that half the teams you've faced having sub-par or rookie QB's leading them had no bearing on your opponents scoring fewer points and having increased turnovers?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #72
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 4,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

First time reading this thread.

Who is the first to mention the N word? The OP. Way to go.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #73
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Nobody scores their average against the Chiefs. They have held every team they have played to below their season averages.

I just pointed out a mathematical fact that the Chefs are scoring almost twice as many points as they allow. 23.9 ppg vs 12.3 ppg. When you give up so few points you don't have to score that many. Hence, the Chiefs are 9-0. i also pointed out that the Chiefs are outscoring their opponents by almost as many points as the Broncos are (about 12 vs about 15 ppg). But the Chiefs margin of victory is actually a bigger cushion percentage-wise than the Broncos margin of victory because points are so much harder to come by against the Chiefs.

It's just information. Statistics. Interpret them any way you like.

While facing 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks. Good luck to you if you think that trend holds tonight.


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #74
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Nobody scores their average against the Chiefs. They have held every team they have played to below their season averages.

I just pointed out a mathematical fact that the Chefs are scoring almost twice as many points as they allow. 23.9 ppg vs 12.3 ppg. When you give up so few points you don't have to score that many.1. Hence, the Chiefs are 9-0. i also pointed out that the Chiefs are outscoring their opponents by almost as many points as the Broncos are (about 12 vs about 15 ppg).2. But the Chiefs margin of victory is actually a bigger cushion percentage-wise than the Broncos margin of victory because points are so much harder to come by against the Chiefs.

It's just information. Statistics. Interpret them any way you like.

1. Namely because you can't score in bunches. So you need a controlled game from start to finish...because you do not have the offense to put up 30+ every week. And fortunately for the chiefs they are playing poor offensive teams. Denver is not a poor offensive team. You are not deep enough on defense to stop everybody, and Manning will find the open guy. That's just how this will work. If Jeff Teul can lead the Bills to 400 yards of offense on your defense, there is no way the Chiefs suddenly shut the Broncos completely down.

2. Again, while playing backup or scout team quarterbacks.


But keep spinning, chef fan.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #75
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 86

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
1. Namely because you can't score in bunches. So you need a controlled game from start to finish...because you do not have the offense to put up 30+ every week. And fortunately for the chiefs they are playing poor offensive teams. Denver is not a poor offensive team. You are not deep enough on defense to stop everybody, and Manning will find the open guy. That's just how this will work. If Jeff Teul can lead the Bills to 400 yards of offense on your defense, there is no way the Chiefs suddenly shut the Broncos completely down.

2. Again, while playing backup or scout team quarterbacks.


But keep spinning, chef fan.

400 yards and only 13 points. But the chiefs have not faced an offense as good as Denver's, yet (although Dallas is pretty good ... sometimes), so it's all just speculation at this point. We will find out tonight, won't we?
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:58 PM.


Denver Broncos