The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #26
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
How would switching to a rookie QB be a brilliant move? O.o

Prepare for him? He is a rookie.. he has no real game experience under his belt, except a couple of quarters. It would not be a "brilliant move" to try to "trick" KC into gasp.. having to face our ROOKIE QB.

Manning will certainly start. And our game plan will include a lot of quick passes, plenty of rushes.. we'll be fine. He is not a piece of glass. He is an NFL QB. NFL players get hurt, and play hurt all the time. He is very tough, and people greatly underestimate what he can do. You would NOT sit him unless his injury was such a detriment, that it would actually bring his play below Brock.. or make it so his chance of injury was very high. That's not going to happen.

Silly premise and idea.
Thank you for posting a thoughtful on-topic reply. Rep!
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Wow! Now, you're doing the same thing!

SMH!
Lol, it's cute that he doesn't get it.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #28
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Thank you for posting a thoughtful on-topic reply. Rep!
You sure that isn't offensive to Silly people?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #29
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

='(

I'm only silly 89% of the time you know.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #30
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with race. He used a hate slur (5 times now) toward the developmentally disabled that is just as offensive as the "N" word is to people of African descent. I was merely pointing that out. You are the only one to mention race.

No, it really is not.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #31
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
Manning will certainly start. And our game plan will include a lot of quick passes, plenty of rushes.. we'll be fine. He is not a piece of glass. He is an NFL QB. NFL players get hurt, and play hurt all the time. He is very tough, and people greatly underestimate what he can do. You would NOT sit him unless his injury was such a detriment, that it would actually bring his play below Brock.. or make it so his chance of injury was very high. That's not going to happen.

Silly premise and idea.
This all the way, PM will not miss this game and will insist on staying in than coming out if at all possible.

Runs, screens, quick slants are on the menu for this game. I may be wrong here but just I do not see a fast paced game by the Bronco offense. If they can get the running game and screens going to suck the safeties in to allow for a quick strike over the top now and then.

KC will do all they can to limit the YAC to the WR's & TE's.
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #32
extralife
Ring of Famer

All signs point to the sun not exploding tomorrow, but what if it did?!!?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #33
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Red could be blue, if it were not green first!

Old 11-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #34
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Red could be blue, if it were not green first!

Old 11-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #35
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Mike Florio is grasping at straws. My guess is that he had to write SOMETHING, and this is the "brilliance" he invented. The Broncos know what's at stake, with this game. They will attempt to put their best foot forward (Manning). I could see this kind of surprise, next week, when we play the Patriots. The Broncos know that they can't fall further behind, in the AFC West race...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #36
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Forum Guidelines

"Hate Speech: Hate speech is considered vulgarity. Hate slurs will be met with bans. Innuendos that are considered as hate speech will be met with bans. Mods are asked to consider intention when addressing hate speech, and to ban accordingly."

"Sometimes you think someone is an idiot and you want to tell them as much. But if you’re going to call someone an idiot, you’d better back up your words with something of substance because if an argument devolves into two (or more) people calling each other idiots, none of them are using their heads or showing any amount of respect to the community, and both of them are subject to receiving a ban. While some forums see this issue in black and white will ban over the smallest slight, this forum recognizes that there is a gray area – this is a football discussion forum. Football is a competitive sport. Smack is part of the culture, but there is a line and it will be judged by such criteria as substance, vulgarity, and consistency. If your attacks comes with no substance, are vulgar, or it seems that all you add to the forum is attacks on people who disagree with you, you put yourself at risk for a ban period (or even permanent exile). Mods will have discretion on this. The best way to protect yourself is to moderate your vulgarity, and provide substance: facts and content."

Mods?

Listen numb nuts. You come in here with this BS and expect civility ?

I know you are so desperate for Manning not to play because he is going to expose your team as the frauds they are..............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #37
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Listen numb nuts. You come in here with this BS and expect civility ?

I know you are so desperate for Manning not to play because he is going to expose your team as the frauds they are..............
I pointed out what BS it was in my original post and a couple of others. Why are you attacking me?
Old 11-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #38
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
No, it really is not.

So you don't have a problem with him calling a forum member a "retard" without giving any reason for it?

That is so re...

ridiculous.

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears.

Quote:
Oh, to be sure, there are many, many more pressing issues. But this is something that very much matters to parents of kids with special needs. Our kids have so many challenges to overcome in this world; using respectful language is just one thing, one very simple thing, people can do. And so, we will continue to speak out about it. And we will continue to ask: Please, just use another word.
Here. I made this video. I hope it better helps you understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CxvRjx-34

source
Old 11-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #39
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

So now the troll whose purpose is to troll is attempting to get non-troll members of the forums banned.

Gracious, you're stupid.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #40
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Holy all get out. I realize as the Queen of the OM Meltdown I really shouldn't talk here, but why are everyone's knickers in twists? OP posted a poorly written article by Florio who clearly needs to back off or maybe take more meds because the article is all conjecture with no substance? He wants to cause some sort of idiotic rumor that PM is not playing, which he will, to put out a half baked premised Twilight is the better option because KC has not game film on him. I am pretty sure KC can prep for a back up QB, they've been doing it all season. I think the OP's original commentary, the last 2 sentences got lost in the end of the article, but OP did seem to posit the article as being ludicrous. So again, unless you all thought Florio's article was a work of genius and want to contradict the OPs assertion that the article is not a good one, why the upset and the need to regress to childhood namecalling? Is it because OP is a Chiefs fan? Or appears to be?
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #41
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Because OP is a troll? Maybe?

Because you don't usually post things that are the opposite of your beliefs when trolling another board?

Because the premise is ludicrous?

Just off the top of my head...
Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #42
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Holy all get out. I realize as the Queen of the OM Meltdown I really shouldn't talk here, but why are everyone's knickers in twists? OP posted a poorly written article by Florio who clearly needs to back off or maybe take more meds because the article is all conjecture with no substance? He wants to cause some sort of idiotic rumor that PM is not playing, which he will, to put out a half baked premised Twilight is the better option because KC has not game film on him. I am pretty sure KC can prep for a back up QB, they've been doing it all season. I think the OP's original commentary, the last 2 sentences got lost in the end of the article, but OP did seem to posit the article as being ludicrous. So again, unless you all thought Florio's article was a work of genius and want to contradict the OPs assertion that the article is not a good one, why the upset and the need to regress to childhood namecalling? Is it because OP is a Chiefs fan? Or appears to be?
Thank you Miss I. I know that you represent the overwhelming majority of Broncos fans. It's too bad there are a few here who are doing their best to give Broncos fans a bad name.

Rep.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #43
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think this is a non issue all the way. It's not like our back up QB is a Tebow type of player who will run way more often then a traditional QB. I don't think a whole lot changes in terms of plays called if Brock is in there. We may run the ball a bit more I'm sure but I still think you see our passing offense called mostly the same. I'm sure teams prepare a little for the back up QB if the starter has an injury such as this where you could be listed as questionable.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #44
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
So you don't have a problem with him calling a forum member a "retard" without giving any reason for it?

That is so re...

ridiculous.

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears.

Yet retard is still not the same as a racial slur.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #45
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Because OP is a troll? Maybe?

Because you don't usually post things that are the opposite of your beliefs when trolling another board?

Because the premise is ludicrous?

Just off the top of my head...
Yes, the premise is ludicrous and while I will say I think the posting of the article is pointless and probably was put out specifically to incite the response it got, it doesn't mean people actually have to react to it that way. My point being if you think someone is a troll, don't ****ing feed it. Report the ****ing thread, put the troll on ignore, and don't post in it and continue it's life. By coming in and responding with stupid ass **** like "you are a retard", you only give the troll what they want and look like an asshat doing it. On the other side of it, the OP fed right back in with the need to call out the rules of the OM, which was not the way to handle it. If not a troll, ignoring the comments and moving on would've been the way to go. Anyway, who the hell cares. It's a message board full of some useful stuff and mostly inane bull**** that makes me laugh.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #46
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't think there was ever a chance that PmfM was not going to start this game. Florio's just being lazy.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #47
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Still whining about the "cheating" during our Super Bowl wins?

Oy.
Was it really cheating? I always thought that "cheating" stuff was just holding off on a few guys guaranteed money to get the new stadium built
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #48
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

There is no way Peyton doesn't play. This article is crap. The only likely possibility is that Peyton doesn't finish games anymore. Instead of blowouts where he is still playing with several minutes in the 4th, Brock will get the garbage minutes.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #49
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I've seen a lot of dumb threads on the OM in my day, and this is one of them.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #50
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Yes, the premise is ludicrous and while I will say I think the posting of the article is pointless and probably was put out specifically to incite the response it got, it doesn't mean people actually have to react to it that way. My point being if you think someone is a troll, don't ****ing feed it. Report the ****ing thread, put the troll on ignore, and don't post in it and continue it's life. By coming in and responding with stupid ass **** like "you are a retard", you only give the troll what they want and look like an asshat doing it. On the other side of it, the OP fed right back in with the need to call out the rules of the OM, which was not the way to handle it. If not a troll, ignoring the comments and moving on would've been the way to go. Anyway, who the hell cares. It's a message board full of some useful stuff and mostly inane bull**** that makes me laugh.
I'm willing to admit that I probably over reacted to being called a "retard." I have been called lots of things here and didn't take offense but I thought that crossed the line. Maybe it is because I know people who have kids with "special needs" and have worked with some that it set me off, and for that I apologize.

As far as trolling, I had no idea that posting the article, and pointing out how ignorant it was would set so many people off. I came across it in another forum and thought members here would find it just as big a laugh as I did.

If you look at any of my posts outside this thread you will find that i have focused on the upcoming game and discussion of who I think will win and why. I've been nothing but respectful of the fans here other than a little good natured teasing at some of the posters who tease me first.

Here I just posted a really stupid article so we could all make fun of it. I still don't know what set so many people off.