The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default All signs point to Peyton playing, but what if he doesn’t?

"Officially, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is probable for Sunday’s game against the Chiefs with an ankle injury. Unofficially, it’s hard not to wonder whether something more is going on.

The use of the term “probable” (which connotes a virtual certainty the player will be available for normal duty) and the repeated declarations from interim coach Jack Del Rio that Peyton will play has created the clearest possible message that Manning will start on Sunday night. But the chatter remains that Manning has a high ankle sprain, and that it’s not getting any better.

Unless and until the Broncos secure the top seed in the AFC, there will be no in-season opportunity to give Peyton a game off to expedite the healing process. And if Peyton is going to miss a game that counts, the game that makes the most sense to miss would be the one to be played against a defense that could transform the injury from something with which he can play to something with which he can’t play.

That’s why we’ve been keeping a close eye on the Broncos’ website and Twitter page today for a possible downgrade of Peyton from probable to questionable.

So far, he remains probable.

But what if the Broncos decide to seize on that minor sliver of doubt embedded in the term “probable” and shut Peyton down? It would be a brilliant maneuver, giving the Chiefs no time to prepare for Brock Osweiler.

It would, of course, require the Broncos to explain their decision to insist that Peyton will play but then not actually play him, and the Broncos could be fined by the league.

But who cares about a fine? It’s a cost of doing business in connection with trying to win a Super Bowl. The 1997-98 Broncos won two of them despite salary cap violations that eventually resulted in the stripping of draft picks.

But not the stripping of the Lombardi Trophies.

A fine paid to enhance the chances of beating the Chiefs a small price to pay for the pursuit of a championship. Losing to Kansas City on Sunday night would make winning a championship in 2013 much more difficult. If Peyton indeed can’t play, springing the truth on the Chiefs as late as possible would help the effort to win.

None of this means Manning won’t play. Indeed, there are no rumors he won’t play. All signs point to Manning playing.

But if for some reason Manning couldn’t play, the Broncos will have concocted the best possible con for making the Chiefs think they’ll see Manning and not Osweiler on Sunday night." source: ProFootballTalk

Yeah. I'm sure the Chiefs are worried that they might have to face Brock instead of Peyton!

"Oh, no.We have no game film on him!"
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Then we win 13-10 on a late fg...chiefs scores would be a pick six and a 21 yard FG because we fumbled at our own 2
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine

Still whining about the "cheating" during our Super Bowl wins?

Oy.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

What a terrible article based on the flimsiest premise I've ever seen from PFT
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

All signs point to me not riding a unicorn to work on Monday morning. BUT WHAT IF I DO?!!??!!!?!!!!!!!!

Retarded thread from retarded poster is retarded.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

They haven't played a quality starter yet so yea they would love to face OZ
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Agreed. I can't believe he thinks a healthy Brock gives the Broncos a better chance to win than Peyton does.

There is no game film on Brock anyway, so how would waiting until the last minute give the Broncos an advantage?

I might sit Manning anyway but not because it gives the Broncos a better chance to win this Sunday (it doesn't). I would do it because letting him heal and having him healthy gives the Broncos a better chance of winning later in the season. They could lose a couple of games and still get in as a wild card. From there they would still have a chance of making it to the Super Bowl.

Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-16-2013 at 07:26 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
But still better than your article
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #9
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You'll see tomorrow.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Retarded thread from retarded poster is retarded.
Typical Bronco fan response.

Good job of using an offensive slur toward the mentally challenged, 3 times, while completely ignoring the issues brought up in the article.

Would you care to try throwing around the "N" word next?
Old 11-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
BroncsCheer
Scrappy, cerebral poster

There is no dark side on the moon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny T

Too cloak and daggery for this coaching staff, and I include Manning among that group.

He'll play.
I'd like to see them pull him for Ossweiler though, after establishing the run, a 3 TD lead, and verifying my assumption that the Queefs O won't be able to do anything against an inspired Denver D in a hostile environment.
BroncsCheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Where is yours?

If there isn't one then shut up...
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #13
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
None of this means Manning won’t play. Indeed, there are no rumors he won’t play. All signs point to Manning playing.
Translation: I'm drunk and have no idea what I'm talking about.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

Good job of using an offensive slur toward the mentally challenged, 3 times, while completely ignoring the issues brought up in the article.

No, but I'll gladly double down on calling you a retard, retard. You're obviously developmentally challenged.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #15
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Denver would still have the better qb
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
No, but I'll gladly double down on calling you a retard, retard. You're obviously developmentally challenged.
Forum Guidelines

"Hate Speech: Hate speech is considered vulgarity. Hate slurs will be met with bans. Innuendos that are considered as hate speech will be met with bans. Mods are asked to consider intention when addressing hate speech, and to ban accordingly."

"Sometimes you think someone is an idiot and you want to tell them as much. But if you’re going to call someone an idiot, you’d better back up your words with something of substance because if an argument devolves into two (or more) people calling each other idiots, none of them are using their heads or showing any amount of respect to the community, and both of them are subject to receiving a ban. While some forums see this issue in black and white will ban over the smallest slight, this forum recognizes that there is a gray area – this is a football discussion forum. Football is a competitive sport. Smack is part of the culture, but there is a line and it will be judged by such criteria as substance, vulgarity, and consistency. If your attacks comes with no substance, are vulgar, or it seems that all you add to the forum is attacks on people who disagree with you, you put yourself at risk for a ban period (or even permanent exile). Mods will have discretion on this. The best way to protect yourself is to moderate your vulgarity, and provide substance: facts and content."

Mods?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #17
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #18
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Manning will play, and he will play well...and this isn't going to end well for the Chiefs.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #19
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

Why are you bringing race into this? Show some class please or get off our forums.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #20
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Forum Guidelines

"Hate Speech: Hate speech is considered vulgarity. Hate slurs will be met with bans. Innuendos that are considered as hate speech will be met with bans. Mods are asked to consider intention when addressing hate speech, and to ban accordingly."

"Sometimes you think someone is an idiot and you want to tell them as much. But if you’re going to call someone an idiot, you’d better back up your words with something of substance because if an argument devolves into two (or more) people calling each other idiots, none of them are using their heads or showing any amount of respect to the community, and both of them are subject to receiving a ban. While some forums see this issue in black and white will ban over the smallest slight, this forum recognizes that there is a gray area – this is a football discussion forum. Football is a competitive sport. Smack is part of the culture, but there is a line and it will be judged by such criteria as substance, vulgarity, and consistency. If your attacks comes with no substance, are vulgar, or it seems that all you add to the forum is attacks on people who disagree with you, you put yourself at risk for a ban period (or even permanent exile). Mods will have discretion on this. The best way to protect yourself is to moderate your vulgarity, and provide substance: facts and content."

Mods?
You just basically backed him up. His post was attacking your post that lacked substance XD
Old 11-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #21
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Why are you bringing race into this?
What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with race. He used a hate slur (5 times now) toward the developmentally disabled that is just as offensive as the "N" word is to people of African descent. I was merely pointing that out. You are the only one to mention race.

Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-16-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #22
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with race. he used a hate slur (5 times now) toward the developmentally disabled disabled that is just as offensive as the "N" word is to people of African descent. I was merely pointing that out. You are the only one to mention race.
Is it? Are you Black? Are you retarded? If not, I'll expect us to look to someone else as the authority on such matters.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #23
BroncoFox
BroncoFox

I don't have fleas..

How would switching to a rookie QB be a brilliant move? O.o

Prepare for him? He is a rookie.. he has no real game experience under his belt, except a couple of quarters. It would not be a "brilliant move" to try to "trick" KC into gasp.. having to face our ROOKIE QB.

Manning will certainly start. And our game plan will include a lot of quick passes, plenty of rushes.. we'll be fine. He is not a piece of glass. He is an NFL QB. NFL players get hurt, and play hurt all the time. He is very tough, and people greatly underestimate what he can do. You would NOT sit him unless his injury was such a detriment, that it would actually bring his play below Brock.. or make it so his chance of injury was very high. That's not going to happen.

Silly premise and idea.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #24
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You just basically backed him up. His post was attacking your post that lacked substance XD
I posted an article and pointed out that I thought the author's argument that the Broncos might start Osweiller was foolish. that was the "substance" of my post.

He then called me "r*t*rded" without providing any reason (substance) for making such a hate-slur insult.

How can you not see that?

And how has TheElusiveKyleOrton not been banned already if he has a habit of making these kinds of comments?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Is it? Are you Black? Are you retarded? If not, I'll expect us to look to someone else as the authority on such matters.
Wow! Now, you're doing the same thing!

SMH!