The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #101
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
It'll take some time when so many people are committed to the stupid perspective on the issue, but the NFL will eventually wise up and drop the marijuana ban...
So are you saying drop the marijuana ban and make it legal to operate a vehicle while passing a joint around?

I think the real problem is he was behind the wheel of a moving vehicle.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #102
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
So are you saying drop the marijuana ban and make it legal to operate a vehicle while passing a joint around?

I think the real problem is he was behind the wheel of a moving vehicle.
Well if saying players should be allowed to drink alcohol is saying players should be allowed to operate a moving vehicle while drunk, than yes, I suppose you can say that's what I was saying. That connection may be somewhat tenuous though.

Not to defend Bowe here, and we can assume all we want about his condition in the vehicle, but he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, not driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #103
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
NFL Network just reported that Bowe will be playing this Sunday.
Stay classy KC. Totally lets me know they don't think they have a chance without the dude.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #104
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ex-Australia - now in Da 'Boig!
Posts: 964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Stay classy KC. Totally lets me know they don't think they have a chance without the dude.
It's all good ... Julius Thomas first catch Sunday ... gained more yards than Bowe has in any full game this year!
Stop Jamal Charles = Stop Kansas City!
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #105
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Well if saying players should be allowed to drink alcohol is saying players should be allowed to operate a moving vehicle while drunk, than yes, I suppose you can say that's what I was saying. That connection may be somewhat tenuous though.

Not to defend Bowe here, and we can assume all we want about his condition in the vehicle, but he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, not driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
What ever your stance is on the use of weed the fact is he is a 7 year vet who is a team captain and given a $56 million dollar contract by his team at the start of this year.

He knows what the laws are, what is in the NFL rule book, he has been in the system for PED's so he of all people should know better than to carry or use any amount of pot.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #106
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Well if saying players should be allowed to drink alcohol is saying players should be allowed to operate a moving vehicle while drunk, than yes, I suppose you can say that's what I was saying. That connection may be somewhat tenuous though.

Not to defend Bowe here, and we can assume all we want about his condition in the vehicle, but he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, not driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
Bingo!
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #107
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 1,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Well if saying players should be allowed to drink alcohol is saying players should be allowed to operate a moving vehicle while drunk, than yes, I suppose you can say that's what I was saying. That connection may be somewhat tenuous though.

Not to defend Bowe here, and we can assume all we want about his condition in the vehicle, but he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, not driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
At least someone has some reading comprehension around here. Thank you.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #108
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Well if saying players should be allowed to drink alcohol is saying players should be allowed to operate a moving vehicle while drunk, than yes, I suppose you can say that's what I was saying. That connection may be somewhat tenuous though.

Not to defend Bowe here, and we can assume all we want about his condition in the vehicle, but he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, not driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
yep, but if he was arrested for possession while driving a car, do the police have the right to test him for marijuana use while driving a vehicle or is that off limits, that is, since they didn't pull him over for driving erradically or whatever, the police have no right to test him for said drug in his possession?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #109
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,281

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

[QUOTE=mennonite;3966535][/QUO

OMG !!! I just fell out of my chair. yum yum.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #110
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,702

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BRONCO View Post
Bingo!
Ya gotta get it home somehow...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #111
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
What ever your stance is on the use of weed the fact is he is a 7 year vet who is a team captain and given a $56 million dollar contract by his team at the start of this year.

He knows what the laws are, what is in the NFL rule book, he has been in the system for PED's so he of all people should know better than to carry or use any amount of pot.
I'm not defending Bowe, who screwed the pooch same as Von. They know the rules and they are responsible for abiding by them (or successfully skirting them, which in this case we can assume happens regularly).

I disagree with the rule though, especially given that the NFL is a pain inducing profession and marijuana is an effective and safe pain medication. Ultimately that's why the NFL has to wake up, chuck the out dated dogmatic views, and reevaluate their rules. The current rule is frankly morally ass backwards.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #112
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
I'm not defending Bowe, who screwed the pooch same as Von. They know the rules and they are responsible for abiding by them (or successfully skirting them, which in this case we can assume happens regularly).

I disagree with the rule though, especially given that the NFL is a pain inducing profession and marijuana is an effective and safe pain medication. Ultimately that's why the NFL has to wake up, chuck the out dated dogmatic views, and reevaluate their rules. The current rule is frankly morally ass backwards.
They get access to pain meds and get the best treatment (at least while with the team) that money can buy. What do they need to blow weed for when they can go to the trainer and get a handful of goofballs which are more effective at managing pain and inflammation?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #113
WakeUpCall
DIAF Aholes!
 
WakeUpCall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 291
Default

, word here in KC is that he's going to get off free because the cop's Dash-cam audio wasn't working. !
WakeUpCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #114
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
great pick, however this is the one of PFM in the lockerroom afger the game with the football braced between his thighs, he is having trouble standing and you can see the PAIN in his face and streesss in his entire body.
its pretty damn obvious !
maybe he needs some medicinal mary jane?
Did you ride the short bus on your way over from chiefs planet...
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #115
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpCall View Post
, word here in KC is that he's going to get off free because the cop's Dash-cam audio wasn't working. !
Either way I hope the NFL issues a piss test to him, it will still get him in the program when he tests positive.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #116
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
NFL. BEER and alcohol huge sponsors.
the pot ban will NOT go away any time soon.
pot is "illegal' for fiscal reasons, starting with its competitive advantage over paper forests.
william randolph hearst made pot illegal ! WRH produced the movie "REEFER MADFNESS"

ALCOHOL/ BEER LOBBYISTS KEEP POT ILLEGAL
Yup you rode the short bus.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #117
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

So is bows no eligible for state 3
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #118
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
They get access to pain meds and get the best treatment (at least while with the team) that money can buy. What do they need to blow weed for when they can go to the trainer and get a handful of goofballs which are more effective at managing pain and inflammation?
I'm not qualified to get into a discussion over what's more effective, but there's a variety of different effective medications that are applied to different types of pain and injuries. If you are comfortable enough in your expertise to suggest goofballs are more effective in every case, I'm comfortable enough to disagree. It's won't be terribly long before keeping marijuana off the table will be an antiquated perspective.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #119
WakeUpCall
DIAF Aholes!
 
WakeUpCall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Either way I hope the NFL issues a piss test to him, it will still get him in the program when he tests positive.
Yeah, THAT'LL "learn him good"!!!

WTF, the is a "Denver, CO" board, right? You'd think you folks would all be about getting high being OK...
WakeUpCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #120
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Refer madness Dude. It is a gateway drug man. Danger danger.

Give it a rest. In 20 years it will be completely legal.
until that time, it is still illegal. I really could give a **** if people wanna smoke themselves stupid, that's on them.

I see a lot of potential uses for hemp other then smoking it. So bring it on
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #121
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpCall View Post
Yeah, THAT'LL "learn him good"!!!

WTF, the is a "Denver, CO" board, right? You'd think you folks would all be about getting high being OK...
Not all of us live in Denver. IL is looking into medical pot though too.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #122
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpCall View Post
Yeah, THAT'LL "learn him good"!!!

WTF, the is a "Denver, CO" board, right? You'd think you folks would all be about getting high being OK...
Yeah because every man woman and child partakes..I hope all your posts ain't as stupid as this one
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #123
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,523
Default

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #124
NYBroncoManiac
Ring of Famer
 
NYBroncoManiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Ultimately that's why the NFL has to wake up, chuck the out dated dogmatic views, and reevaluate their rules. The current rule is frankly morally ass backwards.
The problem here is that the 'N' in NFL stands for National. The league is spread out all over the nation, and that includes several states in which MJ is still illegal for any reason (medical or recreational). Not to mention the federal law.

Even if the Feds determine it's no longer a federal offense, every state would have to follow suit, otherwise it's not fair to the players.
NYBroncoManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #125
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 1,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
Yeah, Bowe and his bud's were using it as an anti inflammatory remedy... Jusus you are just plain out of touch. 3 guys are using it to get freekin high and then operating a motor vehicle AND speeding. Lucky they did not hit someone and kill them. Only a pot head would use such logic.
Apparently I am not the only one that thinks it has a legitimate place in the NFL:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...-espn-magazine

Legit medicinal use and football is the perfect sport to allow its use if medically prescribed.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Denver Broncos