The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
pricejj
jungle

Default A Whale's Vagina: Game Notes

You're going to hear a lot of talk about the OL this week. Rightly so, it's hated Chiefs week, and the undefeated KC leads the league in sacks. Outside of a desperate and overzealous Chargers Defense taking some late hits on Peyton Manning the OL played decent. Not great, but good enough. Let's get to it.

1. Peyton Manning finally hit Demaryius Thomas on a 30 yard go-route down the left sideline, in another passing clinic. Manning is on an NFL record-setting pace in several categories. Chiefs can thank the Chargers for pissing off the Sheriff.
2. Knowshon continues to ball outta control. Finally living up to his potential, if Moreno touches it, it's probably going for a 1st down. Solid rushing yardage all game long, but his pass-catching is killing the opponent.
3. Orange Julius is like a stealth bomber. You think you're prepared, but he's past you before you know it and sprinting 70 yards up the right sideline.
4. Decker came through with some nice catches for big chunks. Welker had an off day, but you know he'll be back with a vengeance.
5. Chris Clark, Orlando Franklin, ManRam, and Virgil Green each let a rusher blow by them. Other than that they played well.
6. Thanks again Chargers for Louis Vasquez. You didn't hear his name, which means just another top-flight performance in the trenches.
7. Bubba's dropped ball essentially killed a drive. A lack of execution (and some uncreative "student body rights") is why the Offense stalled in the 4th quarter.
Attached Images

pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
pricejj
jungle

8. Broncos are starting to be even more creative with Von Miller, but he's best at LDE shedding blockers and tearing upfield for sacks, hits, hurries, and TFL's.
9. Glad to see Ayers with an impact in this game. Flighty-bird head-bob with hands on his hips dance is so dumb it's funny.
10. Knighton continues to dominate his position at times with opportune penetration. Surprisingly nimble feet, and (like Ayers) surprisingly queer sack dance.
11. Vickerson finally does something right with a freight train TFL, and a couple Rivers pressures. I want to forgive the big fella for past transgressions.
12. Nice to see Sean Phillips with a bowling strike in front of his former team.
13. Kayvon Webster lays wood and covers good. Filling in strong for the best CB ever, and breaking up a sure TD.
14. Danny Trevathan is everywhere all the time. His emergence is the best story of the year.
15. All Chris Harris does is make plays. Almost picking off Rivers, and generally shutting down Royal.
16. Rahim Moore came up with a great pass break-up to end a Chargers drive, and a couple nice stops. He's had a good year, but was a step off this game.
17. Edit: Adams was in the right spot at the right time to break up TD pass.
18. Woodyard is holding up to the punishment in the middle fairly well. The dudes helmet always looks dinged and scratched. Hope his neck heals up.
19. What's even scarier than a Broncos record-breaking Offense? A Broncos Defense that's starting to gel.

Webster's TD saving pass break-up.
Attached Images

Last edited by pricejj; 11-12-2013 at 07:14 PM..
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
pricejj
jungle

20. Nantz says Broncos Offense wasn't penalized the entire game.

Knowshon's 1st down seals it. Bring on the Chefs.
Attached Images

Last edited by pricejj; 11-11-2013 at 10:04 PM..
Old 11-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Good write up, Price. I thought the drive of the game is a toss up between the TD to end the 1st half that took a minute something off the clock, and the impressive drive in the last 4 minutes of the game that killed the clock and never gave the ball back.

I am not sure we do that last year. 2 weeks ago we go for it on 4th down twice in the same game, and this week we pass the ball near the end to get 1st downs and keep the ball. This team is starting to get a bit aggressive when they need to.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Good write up, Price. I thought the drive of the game is a toss up between the TD to end the 1st half that took a minute something off the clock, and the impressive drive in the last 4 minutes of the game that killed the clock and never gave the ball back.

I am not sure we do that last year. 2 weeks ago we go for it on 4th down twice in the same game, and this week we pass the ball near the end to get 1st downs and keep the ball. This team is starting to get a bit aggressive when they need to.
To be fair, last year this offense was absolutely nails when it came to salting away games. We had multiple 5+ minute game game ending drives.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:12 AM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

how many picks did we drop this game? i just remembered i felt like 3 or 4 bounced off our guys hands
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:47 AM   #7
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
how many picks did we drop this game? i just remembered i felt like 3 or 4 bounced off our guys hands
Making a heartbeat long read, digging your backfoot into the ground and driving out of your break to a 70mph fastball and then catching it is unbelievablyyyyyy difficult to do.

I only fault guys for dropping lobs or "gimme" bad decisions.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #8
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Making a heartbeat long read, digging your backfoot into the ground and driving out of your break to a 70mph fastball and then catching it is unbelievablyyyyyy difficult to do.

I only fault guys for dropping lobs or "gimme" bad decisions.
Also usually DB's were former high school and college receivers who were asked to shift positions because they didn't have good hands.

...and NFL QB's rarely throw faster than 50 mph, but that is still difficult.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
3 hit our DB's hands (Chris Harris should have had 2).
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #10
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

can we talk about the blow hole?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #11
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Also usually DB's were former high school and college receivers who were asked to shift positions because they didn't have good hands.

...and NFL QB's rarely throw faster than 50 mph, but that is still difficult.
In my case, that was definitely true but I'd say in most cases, that its a myth
Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #12
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Was Wolfe sack from the 3 tech or 5 tech. I thought is was from the 5 but didn't tape the game. I thought that Phillips and Wolfe ran a stunt from 5 and 9 spots.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #13
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Was Wolfe sack from the 3 tech or 5 tech. I thought is was from the 5 but didn't tape the game. I thought that Phillips and Wolfe ran a stunt from 5 and 9 spots.
I didn't either. Price agreed and said he stunted into the LG from the 5 and beat him for a sack, and I trust him to diagnose alignments.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #14
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Wolfe has been somewhat of a disapointment this year.

That said, I kinda felt we sort of relaxed a little once we got up 28-6.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #15
pricejj
jungle

Adams and Moore played well, despite what you heard.

Both were in the right spot at the right time for the most part. There was one communication error between Harris and Moore that resulted in a long 3rd down conversion to Royal.

Chris Harris said he called "Triangle" on that play (zone coverage hand-off to Safety). He put the onus on himself, and said that he should've called man coverage. "When I man-up myself, there are no catches."

Last edited by pricejj; 11-12-2013 at 08:44 PM..