The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #376
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,568

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Never understood why people think living in Denver is so glorious?

Fun fact-the majority of people don't like being cold
First - I do think living in Denver is great. That being said, I am actually a fan of Kansas City (the city) and have defended the actual city to people on this board. Every city has its positives. That being said, I'd rather be here than there.

Here are my thoughts in response to your strange statement:

Humidity, Denver has very little. KC has a lot. Fun fact (you like those), more humidity when temperatures drop = more ice. Denver is often sunny, hardly ever icy in the winter. It usually feels colder in Chicago, NYC and KC than Denver in the winter.

Also - cold weather brings snow to the mountains, many people in CO and Denver love the snow in the mountains. I think they like to make snow cones or ice cream with it. I can't think of anything else you could do with snowy mountains… nope, nothing.

Winters in Denver > Winters in KC

Final fun fact, many people actually like where they live. Many people who have lived in Denver would move back or remain in Denver if given the option between Denver and another major US city. There are exceptions though. Some people love the real big city feel of a Chicago or New York. Some people like constant temps and oceans of west coast places. Some people love BBQ and the midwest vibe.

What I can't understand is people loving the Dallas/Fort Worth area. They do, but it doesn't make sense to me. To each there own. However, its clear to me that there are a lot of transplants in Denver and many of them claim to love it here.

Edit: One other thing thats better in Denver is the sports teams. Not just the fact that the Broncos are clearly a much more enjoyable team, but Denver has more sports teams. Funny thing is, in a matter of minutes you can walk from downtown Denver to any of the sports venues.

Last edited by Irish Stout; 11-13-2013 at 11:42 AM..
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #377
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 14,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Never understood why people think living in Denver is so glorious?

Fun fact-the majority of people don't like being cold


'Mullets', they just can't help the 'stupid' and fortunately, stay home.

Quote:
Metro Denver is situated on the high plains at the base of the Rocky Mountains. Moderate temperatures, low levels of humidity, and abundant sunshine provide an ideal climate for year-round activities. Metro Denver has nearly 300 sunny days a year—more annual days of sunshine than either San Diego or Miami Beach.

Winter storms are normally short-lived and snow melts rapidly in the region. The nearby mountains and ski resorts, however, receive significant annual snowfall. Metro Denver's climate is best described as semi-arid, averaging just under 16 inches of precipitation annually.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #378
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 44,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Pretty sure our D is one of,if not the (I'll have to look), best red zone D's in the whole league. But I guess that means nothing.
It would be higher if Tuel didn't score from 40+ Yards out on your D. I think Campbell had a TD from outside the Redzone as well.

You guys give up a lot of long TD passes.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #379
NYBroncoManiac
Ring of Famer
 
NYBroncoManiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,643
Default

I grew up in southwestern Colorado, but have lived in New York (Long Island) for 22 years. I get back to the Denver area 4 or 5 times a year and can't wait until my youngest graduates college in 2 years so I can move out there.

Denver just plain rocks.
  • The people are incredible.
  • The city is clean, quiet, beautiful, and fun to be in.
  • The food is great
  • Beer.
  • Mile High Stadium - nuff said.
  • Art is everywhere
  • Easily reachable via Plane
  • The Rockies
  • The Flat Irons
  • Red Rocks
  • Did I mention Beer?
NYBroncoManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #380
Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco's Avatar
 
Not your buddy

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Make my day
Posts: 1,319
Default

I'm thinking Kendrick Lewis will be exposed this week.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #381
ThoseBuckingBroncos
Rookie
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 49

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Never understood why people think living in Denver is so glorious?

Fun fact-the majority of people don't like being cold
Never understood why a chiefs fan would post 4,000 + worthless comments on a Broncos message board?

Fun fact - it's kinda creepy obsessive
ThoseBuckingBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #382
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
It would be higher if Tuel didn't score from 40+ Yards out on your D. I think Campbell had a TD from outside the Redzone as well.

You guys give up a lot of long TD passes.
I doubt that happens against us. I think they were daring those QB's to throw long and my guess is they'll do that man/cover 2 thing against us. Which means its up to Welker and Julius Thomas to soften that ... also means we'll be running against a light front, so hopefully we can take advantage of that.

I think a full strength broncos teams beats the hell out of the chiefs. But consider we don't know Peyton's health status, kinda puts everything up in the air.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #383
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
RIP Mr. Hockey

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 14,793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DT 88
Default

30-17. Chiefs are not coming into Denver and winning.

Denver D gets a TD (Trevathan) and Von Miller sends Chiefs tackles into the fetal position. It's gonna be the textbook 'boat race'.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #384
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,851

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Von Miller sent Cassell to IR last season, IIRC
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #385
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 97

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
So are those offensive stats skewed because Denver's defense played them? Drop 40- 50 points on any defense and their ranks turn sour
Excellent point!

I took a look at the rankings of Denver's opponents in points allowed per game. Then I took out the games against Denver, recalculated their averages and reranked them. Here are the reslults

Team Current Rank (Broncos game not included)
JAX 32 (32)
WAS 31 (30)
NYG 26 (23)
DAL 23 (21)
OAK 21 (17)
PHI 20 (10)
SD 13 (12)
IND 9 (8) (LOSS)
BAL 8 (5)

As you can see, it made little difference with the exception of the Eagles game who the Broncos put up 52 against. Philly's defense was awful in the first 4 games (34.5 papg) but much better in the last 4 games (10.75 papg) and the Broncos played them when they had a bad defense. They held Dallas to 3 points.

I would say The Ravens are the only really good defense that the Broncos have beaten and that was 10 weeks ago with a very healthy Peyton.
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #386
redrage
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 855
Default

I don't think KC is going into Denver and winning, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are 'exposed' as frauds. If Denver fans truly believe in the strength of their team then they should feel confident against anyone.

If you were to go back to the beginning of the season and ask a Chiefs fan which game had the highest probability of a loss, most would point to this one. I don't think even the most homer of Chiefs fans think 16-0 is possible, so why would losing their toughest game be a surprise? I guess I just don't understand the meaning people are trying to attach to this game, especially given the week to week nature of the NFL.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #387
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz
 
TopekaRoy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 97

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I don't think KC is going into Denver and winning, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are 'exposed' as frauds. If Denver fans truly believe in the strength of their team then they should feel confident against anyone.

If you were to go back to the beginning of the season and ask a Chiefs fan which game had the highest probability of a loss, most would point to this one. I don't think even the most homer of Chiefs fans think 16-0 is possible, so why would losing their toughest game be a surprise? I guess I just don't understand the meaning people are trying to attach to this game, especially given the week to week nature of the NFL.
Excellent post. The media is making a big deal out of this because the Chiefs haven't beaten anybody really good, yet. Of course, neither have the Broncos! If the Chiefs do lose, it's not that big of a deal. We'll have rematch in Arrowhead in 2 weeks either way.

I just want a good close game so we don't have to listen to the national sports media talking heads saying "See? I told you so," for the next two weeks.

You would think all the pressure to win is on the Chiefs because they are undefeated. Actually, it's on the Broncos. They are at home, big favorites to win and a loss will put then 2 games back in the division. If the Chiefs lose they will still be tied for first place with a chance to get the win (and reclaim the lead) in Arrowhead.

Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-13-2013 at 03:22 PM..
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #388
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 14,591
Default

My prediction:

5.40

Manning's current 40 time.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #389
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 14,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I don't think KC is going into Denver and winning, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are 'exposed' as frauds. If Denver fans truly believe in the strength of their team then they should feel confident against anyone.

If you were to go back to the beginning of the season and ask a Chiefs fan which game had the highest probability of a loss, most would point to this one. I don't think even the most homer of Chiefs fans think 16-0 is possible, so why would losing their toughest game be a surprise? I guess I just don't understand the meaning people are trying to attach to this game, especially given the week to week nature of the NFL.
Because it's a division game that's going to go a ways to deciding the AFC West winner?
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #390
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Excellent post. The media is making a big deal out of this because the Chiefs haven't beaten anybody really good, yet. Of course, neither have the Broncos! If the Chiefs do lose, it's not that big of a deal. We'll have rematch in Arrowhead in 2 weeks either way.

I just want a good close game so we don't have to listen to the national sports media talking heads saying "See? I told you so," for the next two weeks.

You would think all the pressure to win is on the Chiefs because they are undefeated. Actually, it's on the Broncos. They are at home, big favorites to win and a loss will put then 2 games back in the division. If the Chiefs lose they will still be tied for first place with a chance to get the win (and reclaim the lead) in Arrowhead.
Its not an apples to apples comparison because the Broncos were 13-3 last year led by a HOF QB that's beaten plenty of good teams over the years. The media, correctly, is viewing the broncos as a proven commodity.

Both teams have pressure on them for different reasons. The Broncos need to win to be in first and the Chiefs need to win to prove to the football world they arent frauds. And if you think that's not important to them, you've never played organized sports.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #391
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Excellent point!

I took a look at the rankings of Denver's opponents in points allowed per game. Then I took out the games against Denver, recalculated their averages and reranked them. Here are the reslults

Team Current Rank (Broncos game not included)
JAX 32 (32)
WAS 31 (30)
NYG 26 (23)
DAL 23 (21)
OAK 21 (17)
PHI 20 (10)
SD 13 (12)
IND 9 (8) (LOSS)
BAL 8 (5)

As you can see, it made little difference with the exception of the Eagles game who the Broncos put up 52 against. Philly's defense was awful in the first 4 games (34.5 papg) but much better in the last 4 games (10.75 papg) and the Broncos played them when they had a bad defense. They held Dallas to 3 points.

I would say The Ravens are the only really good defense that the Broncos have beaten and that was 10 weeks ago with a very healthy Peyton.
This too is a stupid argument because the Broncos Offense isnt just good, its historically good. So even if the numbers are skewed a bit because they've played some poor competition, they're still probably damn good. Led by a Quarterback who is historically damn good. Off the heels of a 2012 season in which the offense was damn good ... and somehow added the services of the best slot receiver of all time and a hyper athletic TE.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #392
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 30,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I guess we can look forward to Peyton breaking his own TD record on Sunday.
Now it will be his ankle for sure. Thanks a lot Rev.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #393
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,493

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I don't think KC is going into Denver and winning, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are 'exposed' as frauds. If Denver fans truly believe in the strength of their team then they should feel confident against anyone.

If you were to go back to the beginning of the season and ask a Chiefs fan which game had the highest probability of a loss, most would point to this one. I don't think even the most homer of Chiefs fans think 16-0 is possible, so why would losing their toughest game be a surprise? I guess I just don't understand the meaning people are trying to attach to this game, especially given the week to week nature of the NFL.
I don't think a loss will expose KC as frauds. If they get blown out, it would be a bit of a reality check to many KC fans though.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #394
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 44,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Excellent post. The media is making a big deal out of this because the Chiefs haven't beaten anybody really good, yet. Of course, neither have the Broncos! If the Chiefs do lose, it's not that big of a deal. We'll have rematch in Arrowhead in 2 weeks either way.

I just want a good close game so we don't have to listen to the national sports media talking heads saying "See? I told you so," for the next two weeks.

You would think all the pressure to win is on the Chiefs because they are undefeated. Actually, it's on the Broncos. They are at home, big favorites to win and a loss will put then 2 games back in the division. If the Chiefs lose they will still be tied for first place with a chance to get the win (and reclaim the lead) in Arrowhead.
SD was a much bigger test for the Broncos than the one dimensional Chefs will be. SD has a QB who can get the ball downfield and a TE who can get downfield and catch it. They may be thin at WR but I do not see Alice being able to do anything near what Rivers was able to do.

kFc's drives will be 15 play dink and dunk variety that stall in the REID Zone and you guys will settle for FG's. Lesser teams with lesser talent on D have been able to force kFc to punt multiple times. I can really see domination by the start of the 3rd quarter by our D. Charles will be held to his 3.7 YPC we contained Vick, they will contain Alice when he goes TEBOW after his 1st option is covered. I like Trevathan and Woodyard vs kFc Small Ball pass routes. Bowe will be a non-factor especially with Champ back. I don't see how kFc can win either of the games road or home.

Really the only way kFc can hang in this game is the same way SD did, via turnovers or if Manning cannot finish the game or both.

I feel much more confident about beating down kFc now that we beat SD at home. I also like the chances of SD sweeping kFc this year as well.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #395
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
SD was a much bigger test for the Broncos than the one dimensional Chefs will be. SD has a QB who can get the ball downfield and a TE who can get downfield and catch it. They may be thin at WR but I do not see Alice being able to do anything near what Rivers was able to do.

kFc's drives will be 15 play dink and dunk variety that stall in the REID Zone and you guys will settle for FG's. Lesser teams with lesser talent on D have been able to force kFc to punt multiple times. I can really see domination by the start of the 3rd quarter by our D. Charles will be held to his 3.7 YPC we contained Vick, they will contain Alice when he goes TEBOW after his 1st option is covered. I like Trevathan and Woodyard vs kFc Small Ball pass routes. Bowe will be a non-factor especially with Champ back. I don't see how kFc can win either of the games road or home.

Really the only way kFc can hang in this game is the same way SD did, via turnovers or if Manning cannot finish the game or both.

I feel much more confident about beating down kFc now that we beat SD at home. I also like the chances of SD sweeping kFc this year as well.
Well, the Broncos pourous D gives up 48 points and 500 yards. Surely Alex will get at least 300 since the Broncos are that bad.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #396
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Well, the Broncos pourous D gives up 48 points and 500 yards. Surely Alex will get at least 300 since the Broncos are that bad.
You clowns gave up 470 yards to a team led by a 3rd string QB, so what's your point?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #397
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 44,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Well, the Broncos pourous D gives up 48 points and 500 yards. Surely Alex will get at least 300 since the Broncos are that bad.
Yuk, Yuk!

You look dumber and dumber each time you post this. I can see why you had to leave the kFc boards, you were too stupid even for those hicks.

Cracks me up how you had to downward project your expectations from matching Dallas's output of 500 yards down to an NFL avg 300 yards.

Your not even bothering to project the point scored downward because you know offensively it is only going to be in the 6-13 range.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #398
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,230
Default

KC's rush defense has surrendered over 240 yards twice this season.....Knowshon should have a pretty good game
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #399
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Well, the Broncos pourous D gives up 48 points and 500 yards. Surely Alex will get at least 300 since the Broncos are that bad.
This is blatant trolling considering I KNOW you know this isn't true.

I know you know the broncos were down 5 starters that game. And i know you know they've played much better defense since.

But youre a trolling a-hole and I wish you would just **** the hell off.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #400
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 44,812
Default

The funny thing is that Alice had only 124 yards passing last game. For him to get to 300 would take a good 10 quarters of work.

The smack talking Bronco fan part of me wants to bet he has more rushing yards than passing this week, his 1st option will be covered and he will be running for his life from Von. I bet they even have to come out with some designed QB runs to keep our D honest for a while.

The realistic football fan part of me knows that Von will be able to run down Alice before he can get back to the LOS so Alice will have more passing than rushing yards but unless they get lucky and air it out downfield it won't be more than the 124 he got vs the Bills and their '85 bears D.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Denver Broncos