The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #376
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Right...

Denver is 1st in red zone scoring percentage (based on TD's) and kFc is 26th
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...ne-scoring-pct

kFc is the team that has about 2 90 to 80 yard drives a game but they all end up in FG's.

I still think kFc will score about 20 points (at least one of those would be defensive score) and I think we will still win by at least 2 scores, scores for Bronco fans mean TD's we don't settle for FG's.
Pretty sure our D is one of,if not the (I'll have to look), best red zone D's in the whole league. But I guess that means nothing.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #377
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
The coldest morning I ever experienced was in Alabama
It's in the high 80's today in LA. SoCal livin' is tough.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #378
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

31-16 is my guess. Broncos win.

edit: I'd have a difficult time handling a few months of cold, but I'm not a p***Y. Plus winter activities can be a ton of fun.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #379
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Pretty sure our D is one of,if not the (I'll have to look), best red zone D's in the whole league. But I guess that means nothing.
Its been historically very difficult to stop Manning in the red zone (well, assuming he's healthy). Guess time will tell.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #380
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It's in the high 80's today in LA. SoCal livin' is tough.
Yeah, you bastards....DC has the traffic and the overpriced real estate...but we sure as hell don't get the nice weather.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #381
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Never understood why people think living in Denver is so glorious?

Fun fact-the majority of people don't like being cold
First - I do think living in Denver is great. That being said, I am actually a fan of Kansas City (the city) and have defended the actual city to people on this board. Every city has its positives. That being said, I'd rather be here than there.

Here are my thoughts in response to your strange statement:

Humidity, Denver has very little. KC has a lot. Fun fact (you like those), more humidity when temperatures drop = more ice. Denver is often sunny, hardly ever icy in the winter. It usually feels colder in Chicago, NYC and KC than Denver in the winter.

Also - cold weather brings snow to the mountains, many people in CO and Denver love the snow in the mountains. I think they like to make snow cones or ice cream with it. I can't think of anything else you could do with snowy mountains… nope, nothing.

Winters in Denver > Winters in KC

Final fun fact, many people actually like where they live. Many people who have lived in Denver would move back or remain in Denver if given the option between Denver and another major US city. There are exceptions though. Some people love the real big city feel of a Chicago or New York. Some people like constant temps and oceans of west coast places. Some people love BBQ and the midwest vibe.

What I can't understand is people loving the Dallas/Fort Worth area. They do, but it doesn't make sense to me. To each there own. However, its clear to me that there are a lot of transplants in Denver and many of them claim to love it here.

Edit: One other thing thats better in Denver is the sports teams. Not just the fact that the Broncos are clearly a much more enjoyable team, but Denver has more sports teams. Funny thing is, in a matter of minutes you can walk from downtown Denver to any of the sports venues.

Last edited by Irish Stout; 11-13-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #382
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

'Mullets', they just can't help the 'stupid' and fortunately, stay home.

Quote:
Metro Denver is situated on the high plains at the base of the Rocky Mountains. Moderate temperatures, low levels of humidity, and abundant sunshine provide an ideal climate for year-round activities. Metro Denver has nearly 300 sunny days a year—more annual days of sunshine than either San Diego or Miami Beach.

Winter storms are normally short-lived and snow melts rapidly in the region. The nearby mountains and ski resorts, however, receive significant annual snowfall. Metro Denver's climate is best described as semi-arid, averaging just under 16 inches of precipitation annually.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #383
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
It would be higher if Tuel didn't score from 40+ Yards out on your D. I think Campbell had a TD from outside the Redzone as well.

You guys give up a lot of long TD passes.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #384
NYBroncoManiac
Ring of Famer

I grew up in southwestern Colorado, but have lived in New York (Long Island) for 22 years. I get back to the Denver area 4 or 5 times a year and can't wait until my youngest graduates college in 2 years so I can move out there.

Denver just plain rocks.
  • The people are incredible.
  • The city is clean, quiet, beautiful, and fun to be in.
  • The food is great
  • Beer.
  • Mile High Stadium - nuff said.
  • Art is everywhere
  • Easily reachable via Plane
  • The Rockies
  • The Flat Irons
  • Red Rocks
  • Did I mention Beer?
NYBroncoManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #385
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

I'm thinking Kendrick Lewis will be exposed this week.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #386
ThoseBuckingBroncos
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Never understood why a chiefs fan would post 4,000 + worthless comments on a Broncos message board?

Fun fact - it's kinda creepy obsessive
ThoseBuckingBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #387
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
It would be higher if Tuel didn't score from 40+ Yards out on your D. I think Campbell had a TD from outside the Redzone as well.

You guys give up a lot of long TD passes.
I doubt that happens against us. I think they were daring those QB's to throw long and my guess is they'll do that man/cover 2 thing against us. Which means its up to Welker and Julius Thomas to soften that ... also means we'll be running against a light front, so hopefully we can take advantage of that.

I think a full strength broncos teams beats the hell out of the chiefs. But consider we don't know Peyton's health status, kinda puts everything up in the air.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #388
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

30-17. Chiefs are not coming into Denver and winning.

Denver D gets a TD (Trevathan) and Von Miller sends Chiefs tackles into the fetal position. It's gonna be the textbook 'boat race'.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #389
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Von Miller sent Cassell to IR last season, IIRC
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #390
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
30-17. Chiefs are not coming into Denver and winning.

Denver D gets a TD (Trevathan) and Von Miller sends Chiefs tackles into the fetal position. It's gonna be the textbook 'boat race'.

That's the best avatar I have ever seen on any forum.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #391
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Also, while the Chief's fans are putting **** in writing. Care to comment on old stuff putting in writing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Personally I think Reid is a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Personally I think Reid is a moron.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #392
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
So are those offensive stats skewed because Denver's defense played them? Drop 40- 50 points on any defense and their ranks turn sour
Excellent point!

I took a look at the rankings of Denver's opponents in points allowed per game. Then I took out the games against Denver, recalculated their averages and reranked them. Here are the reslults

Team Current Rank (Broncos game not included)
JAX 32 (32)
WAS 31 (30)
NYG 26 (23)
DAL 23 (21)
OAK 21 (17)
PHI 20 (10)
SD 13 (12)
IND 9 (8) (LOSS)
BAL 8 (5)

As you can see, it made little difference with the exception of the Eagles game who the Broncos put up 52 against. Philly's defense was awful in the first 4 games (34.5 papg) but much better in the last 4 games (10.75 papg) and the Broncos played them when they had a bad defense. They held Dallas to 3 points.

I would say The Ravens are the only really good defense that the Broncos have beaten and that was 10 weeks ago with a very healthy Peyton.
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #393
redrage
Perennial Pro-bowler

I don't think KC is going into Denver and winning, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are 'exposed' as frauds. If Denver fans truly believe in the strength of their team then they should feel confident against anyone.

If you were to go back to the beginning of the season and ask a Chiefs fan which game had the highest probability of a loss, most would point to this one. I don't think even the most homer of Chiefs fans think 16-0 is possible, so why would losing their toughest game be a surprise? I guess I just don't understand the meaning people are trying to attach to this game, especially given the week to week nature of the NFL.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #394
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I don't think KC is going into Denver and winning, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are 'exposed' as frauds. If Denver fans truly believe in the strength of their team then they should feel confident against anyone.

If you were to go back to the beginning of the season and ask a Chiefs fan which game had the highest probability of a loss, most would point to this one. I don't think even the most homer of Chiefs fans think 16-0 is possible, so why would losing their toughest game be a surprise? I guess I just don't understand the meaning people are trying to attach to this game, especially given the week to week nature of the NFL.
Excellent post. The media is making a big deal out of this because the Chiefs haven't beaten anybody really good, yet. Of course, neither have the Broncos! If the Chiefs do lose, it's not that big of a deal. We'll have rematch in Arrowhead in 2 weeks either way.

I just want a good close game so we don't have to listen to the national sports media talking heads saying "See? I told you so," for the next two weeks.

You would think all the pressure to win is on the Chiefs because they are undefeated. Actually, it's on the Broncos. They are at home, big favorites to win and a loss will put then 2 games back in the division. If the Chiefs lose they will still be tied for first place with a chance to get the win (and reclaim the lead) in Arrowhead.

Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-13-2013 at 04:22 PM..
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #395
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

My prediction:

Manning's current 40 time.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #396
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post

Because it's a division game that's going to go a ways to deciding the AFC West winner?
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #397
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Excellent post. The media is making a big deal out of this because the Chiefs haven't beaten anybody really good, yet. Of course, neither have the Broncos! If the Chiefs do lose, it's not that big of a deal. We'll have rematch in Arrowhead in 2 weeks either way.

I just want a good close game so we don't have to listen to the national sports media talking heads saying "See? I told you so," for the next two weeks.

You would think all the pressure to win is on the Chiefs because they are undefeated. Actually, it's on the Broncos. They are at home, big favorites to win and a loss will put then 2 games back in the division. If the Chiefs lose they will still be tied for first place with a chance to get the win (and reclaim the lead) in Arrowhead.
Its not an apples to apples comparison because the Broncos were 13-3 last year led by a HOF QB that's beaten plenty of good teams over the years. The media, correctly, is viewing the broncos as a proven commodity.

Both teams have pressure on them for different reasons. The Broncos need to win to be in first and the Chiefs need to win to prove to the football world they arent frauds. And if you think that's not important to them, you've never played organized sports.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #398
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Excellent point!

I took a look at the rankings of Denver's opponents in points allowed per game. Then I took out the games against Denver, recalculated their averages and reranked them. Here are the reslults

JAX 32 (32)
WAS 31 (30)
NYG 26 (23)
DAL 23 (21)
OAK 21 (17)
PHI 20 (10)
SD 13 (12)
IND 9 (8) (LOSS)
BAL 8 (5)

As you can see, it made little difference with the exception of the Eagles game who the Broncos put up 52 against. Philly's defense was awful in the first 4 games (34.5 papg) but much better in the last 4 games (10.75 papg) and the Broncos played them when they had a bad defense. They held Dallas to 3 points.

I would say The Ravens are the only really good defense that the Broncos have beaten and that was 10 weeks ago with a very healthy Peyton.
This too is a stupid argument because the Broncos Offense isnt just good, its historically good. So even if the numbers are skewed a bit because they've played some poor competition, they're still probably damn good. Led by a Quarterback who is historically damn good. Off the heels of a 2012 season in which the offense was damn good ... and somehow added the services of the best slot receiver of all time and a hyper athletic TE.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #399
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Excellent point!

JAX 32 (32)
WAS 31 (30)
NYG 26 (23)
DAL 23 (21)
OAK 21 (17)
PHI 20 (10)
SD 13 (12)
IND 9 (8) (LOSS)
BAL 8 (5)

Looks like we score more against better defenses.

I guess we can look forward to Peyton breaking his own TD record on Sunday.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #400
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I guess we can look forward to Peyton breaking his own TD record on Sunday.
Now it will be his ankle for sure. Thanks a lot Rev.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote