The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #301
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

I honestly think at this point we should stop arguing with these Chiefs morons and just wait until Sunday. It's like talking to a wall. 2 weeks in a row we have given up less than 20 points on defense against good offenses but they look you in the eye and tell you our defense is awful. Let Sunday do the talking
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #302
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

We negate Charles, we win. We don't negate Charles, we still win, just not by as much.

Close game! 28-17- Denver. Guessing we split this series and it'll come down to who has the better division record.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #303
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not really a hard gameplan to formulate for kc. Let Manning get his yards but hold him to FG's and turn our FG's into TD's more often than not.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #304
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'll say 27-14 Denver. Game is within 6 until Denver gets a TD late in the 4th to close it out. I like our chances in At home tho.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #305
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Chiefs will get swept by the Broncos and probably by the Chargers.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #306
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Inquiring minds contemplate which Maner to sanction/blame for your presence here in the event that you wind up sucking as a poster...

Oh and Vegas disagrees with your prediction. We're favored by 8 to 9.5 points.

Roy is mostly harmless, as Douglas Adams used to say. He's like any other Chiefs follower. He'll either be vindicated, Sunday, or reality will smack him in the face. Of course, I'm hoping for the latter...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #307
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Team gave up those points, but most of that wasn't on the defense.
They still count.
Quote:
Turnovers are an issue for Denver, but if they take care of the ball, hard to see KC's offense putting up 20 points on their own.
You can always hope, but the Chiefs are #1 in the NFL in turnovers against. Good luck with that,
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #308
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Aw, KC fans still arguing statistics. Hehe.
Yeah, these are the only stats that matter:
Chiefs 9-0
Broncos 8-1

Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #309
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Not really a hard gameplan to formulate for kc. Let Manning get his yards but hold him to FG's and turn our FG's into TD's more often than not.
That has been the formula for years. It usually doesn't work out so well for the opposing team. Ball control with a great D and garbage offense hasn't worked well at all against Manning in the past. In reality the only way KC will win is going to take a combined effort of the following.
1. Win turnover battle by more than 1.
2. Pull off fake FG'S and onside kicks.
3. ST TDS
4. Charles break a couple long TD runs due to poor tackling and angles by the safeties.
5. Drops by Denver WE
6. Controversial calls that can go either way need to go KC direction.
7. Alex Smith throw for 300 yards and they need to not be in garbage time.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 11-12-2013 at 08:03 AM..
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #310
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Yeah, these are the only stats that matter:
Chiefs 9-0
Broncos 8-1

Ummm....if win/loss record is the ONLY thing that matters, as you say.....then here's a simple question.....

Why aren't you favored to win?
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #311
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I don't understand how somebody can be a life long fan of a team and then adopt another just because they move somewhere else. I mean, I'm a life long die hard Broncos fan living in Arizona. It's cool if the Cards win and I'll root for them here and there but as far as going to another teams forum the the Cards would be playing against, nah, not that much interest at all. Hell I don't even watch half of the Cardinal games. And I've been in Phoenix longer then Bears fan has been in KC. There's no need to "assimilate to the culture". This is 2013 where the internet is alive and strong. There's direct tv and other mean to watch all the Bears game and even meet up groups where you can hang out with other Bears fans. Why in the hell would you give 2 cents about the Chiefs? Because they're winning? You haven't "assimilated", you're just riding the band wagon is all. Time to go back to your roots Mr and do your Bears thing and forget about these chump chiefs.
What?

I'm STILL a Bears fan. I have been for 45 years, since I was 5, and they will always be be my favorite team.

When I moved to Topeka I started ... Oh, what's the point of explaining? You will just misread it anyway!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #312
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
All these box score numbers from this season, but no mention of the fact that the Chiefs have feasted, and barely pulled away from 4/5 backup QB's.

I don't want to sell the Chiefs defense short, but they have capitalized against some of the worst QB's in the league. Take for instance Tuel from Buffalo, their 3rd string QB, and UDFA. The guy looked all world against the Chiefs secondary and the Buffalo offense moved up and down at will. As much as you will hype the red zone defense, the fact is KC blew the coverage on the INT for a TD, Sean Smith completely let his guy go. That may work against UDFA, it will not work against Denver and Peyton. Manning is going to eat the defense's lunch. The secondary is going to be very stressed playing these WR's.

37-13 Denver Broncos beat-down of your "AFC" team.
You play who you play. The Broncos haven't beat anyone with a winning record yet either.

The Chiefs have had a tendency to play down to their level of competition, but they always do just enough to win. The important thing is the points allowed. That's how they decide the winner. The Chiefs haven't allowed more than 17 points against any team this year and they haven't scored less than 17 all year. That is why they are undefeated. No other team in the NFL can say that they haven't given up more points in their worst defensive performance than they have scored in their worst offensive performance. The Bills only scored 13 points. The Broncos haven't held ANYONE to less than 20 points.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #313
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
That's ****ing hilarious you are thanking us for cutler!!! Haha
He was an upgrade over Orton. How'd Kyle work out for ya?
Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #314
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
He was an upgrade over Orton. How'd Kyle work out for ya?
Better than he did for you I reckon.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #315
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It will come to turnovers. If we turn the ball over a lot, we'll lose because they don't turn the ball over.

I think we play well and beat them. I'll even say handily.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #316
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Inquiring minds contemplate which Maner to sanction/blame for your presence here in the event that you wind up sucking as a poster...

Oh and Vegas disagrees with your prediction. We're favored by 8 to 9.5 points.
My Broncos fan friend's name is Greg, but I can't remember his pseud on here. I think I've been polite and rational here and intend to keep it that way as long as I continue to be treated decently. So far most of you have done that.

Vegas doesn't set the lines at how much they think a team is going to win by. They set them so that they get even betting for both teams. The national sports media has done nothing but focus on KC's weak schedule, while ignoring Denvers equally weak schedule. Because the Chiefs were 2-14 last year bettors aren't yet convinced that they are that good this year. We will find out Sunday how good they really are.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #317
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Last 3 D's we played are miles better than Denver's. They don't give up 500 passing yards and 48 points.
It is BEYOND ANNOYING when you single out the game when we were missing 5 d starters against a Romo that was playing out of his mind. Hows the D been playing since Von got back? Oh miles better?

This is why no one takes you seriously. You're a ****ing troll.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #318
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It will come to turnovers. If we turn the ball over a lot, we'll lose because they don't turn the ball over.

I think we play well and beat them. I'll even say handily.
I think Denver can overcome a -4 turnover ratio against that offense if their D doesn't score more than once with them.

The Chiefs will get buried on Sunday by AT LEAST 14 points. Bye week to prepare with a great coach or not.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #319
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think Denver can overcome a -4 turnover ratio against that offense if their D doesn't score more than once with them.

The Chiefs will get buried on Sunday by AT LEAST 14 points. Bye week to prepare with a great coach or not.
guess it depends where the turnovers occur, but I agree their offense shouldnt do much.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #320
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post

Roy is mostly harmless, as Douglas Adams used to say. He's like any other Chiefs follower. He'll either be vindicated, Sunday, or reality will smack him in the face. Of course, I'm hoping for the latter...
Thank you for that. That was pretty nice of you to say considering you called me a drunk in an earlier post and your name is Crushaholic

Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-12-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #321
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Ummm....if win/loss record is the ONLY thing that matters, as you say.....then here's a simple question.....

Why aren't you favored to win?
Bettors are dumb. Most of them lose against the spread over the long haul.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #322
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
I think I've been polite and rational here and intend to keep it that way as long as I continue to be treated decently. So far most of you have done that.
I've enjoyed that you at least don't resort to childish crap like most of the other trolls. But you're also posting on an opposing fan's board, so I wouldn't expect much in the way of treatment.

That isn't to say it's cool for people to be a-holes...hell I have tailgated with many opposing fans and had a great time. Just saying, being civil in someone else's house (which you seem to be doing) is the only way really for someone to take you seriously.

As you can see from most of your brethren here...that doesn't happen a lot.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #323
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I've enjoyed that you at least don't resort to childish crap like most of the other trolls. But you're also posting on an opposing fan's board, so I wouldn't expect much in the way of treatment.

That isn't to say it's cool for people to be a-holes...hell I have tailgated with many opposing fans and had a great time. Just saying, being civil in someone else's house (which you seem to be doing) is the only way really for someone to take you seriously.

As you can see from most of your brethren here...that doesn't happen a lot.
Oh, I expect to take SOME crap. I'm fine with that as long as it is good natured and is done in the spirit of rivalry. I enjoy discussing football with rival fans because it gives you a different perspective. Talking with people who always agree with you gets a little boring.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #324
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Bettors are dumb. Most of them lose against the spread over the long haul.
Nice deflection. You didn't answer the question.

If ALL that should matter is win/loss record......then why does an industry (sports betting) that has billions of dollars flowing through it think that Denver is the better team?

Point......apparently it's NOT all that matters when discussing perceived strength of team.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #325
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Nice deflection. You didn't answer the question.

If ALL that should matter is win/loss record......then why does an industry (sports betting) that has billions of dollars flowing through it think that Denver is the better team?

Point......apparently it's NOT all that matters when discussing perceived strength of team.
You asked why Denver was favored. I did answer the question. It is because more people are betting on Denver to win. Vegas wants an equal number of bettors on both sides. They make their money on the 10% they take from the winners. Most bettors aren't "experts." Denver has a lot more fans than KC. Many of them are bandwagon fans and many are long time fans of Peyton Manning. In some cases their judgment is impaired by their personal biases.

Also, the point spread may matter to gamblers, but it doesn't matter to football. It has no effect on the standings or who wins the game.