The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #26
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
They also go low on QBs in the waning seconds.

Hope Liuget gets fined Suh money.
Maybe he will maybe he wont but i dont see anything wrong with that play. Many posters here dont either.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #27
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,490

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Maybe he will maybe he wont but i dont see anything wrong with that play. Many posters here dont either.
Many?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #28
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,864

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Maybe he will maybe he wont but i dont see anything wrong with that play. Many posters here dont either.
I'd venture a guess that most football fans believe the defender should have been flagged -- and few will be surprised if he's heavily fined.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #29
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,574

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
I actually kind of agree. I bet we could beat them without him.
As much as I want to expose the Chiefs for what they are, if it's a matter of sitting him to be sure we have a healthy Manning for the playoffs and a wildcard, then I'm all for firing up the Era of Oz.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #30
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,216

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Yeah, if he's really hurt, better to rest him.

Still, hard to see Peyton taking that road, unless it is something that is going to have him out for weeks.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #31
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
A better statistic is YPA. SD was at 3.7 today, and Denver's average is 3.4.

Outside of a Ryan Matthews carry, your rushing game was ineffective.

Go on a date with Teo's sloppy seconds.
You must be the kid in this forum or the obnoxious drunk. Whats with the Te'o references?

It was effective, just not the whole game. We also had a 40 yard run called back and had nearly 100 yards at the half and had 7 rushes for first downs.
Then got behind and had to throw more.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #32
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,490

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
We also had a 40 yard run called back .
Wow. Some piss poor quality trolling right here.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
You must be the kid in this forum or the obnoxious drunk. Whats with the Te'o references?

It was effective, just not the whole game. We also had a 40 yard run called back and had nearly 100 yards at the half and had 7 rushes for first downs.
Then got behind and had to throw more.
hahahaha

thanks for the laugh
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #34
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure an Option for this team

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,321

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

I had a bad feeling that something would happen to Manning late in the game that means kFc only has to face Oss and extend their delusions of grandure yet another week.

I do like our chances with Oss over Tuel or the other scrubs kFc has faced.

I just saw Manning on the Half Time of the Sunday night game and his body language didn't look very good. Even if there is nothing on the MRI he may not be able to move in the pocket next week.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #35
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,032

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default




Not the biggest endorsement but better than a "we'll see" response. I'm hopeful it was just a stinger. It sucks coming off the bye and he's already dinged up again.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #36
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure an Option for this team

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,321

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

We should send Oss out for the 1st series then have him go under center and get all of the kFc fan base excited then call a time out and send Manning out to begin the domination.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #37
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
We should send Oss out for the 1st series then have him go under center and get all of the kFc fan base excited then call a time out and send Manning out to begin the domination.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #38
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Wow. Some piss poor quality trolling right here.
Just saying we ran pretty easily in the first half then we got behind.

You should look up the word trolling. Clearly you dont know what it means and it not like i just joined this forum.

You know, during the week here i said i didnt think we would win but we had a chance and we did have a chance and we lost. Im fine with it. I think we go 6-10, 7-9 at best on the year and im fine with that too.
Im not throwing stones here and saying you didnt deserve it. You did. I just think its BS that some of you think our player deliberately tried to hurt Manning. Its football and things happen.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #39
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,501
Default

I don't know if it was deliberate or not, and I honestly don't have a huge issue with the play. If it was turned the other way around I'd be arguing that the guy was just trying to get to the QB. My issue is that if there's a rule in place, it should be applied evenly and fairly, which doesn't seem to be happening as I understand the rule. Of course, this is only amplified due to Manning's importance and health. Nine times out of ten and happening to another team's QB that play doesn't bother me a bit.

Chargers also did run fairly effectively, for whatever that's worth (almost nothing and maybe less, considering that Denver was probably more than happy to go soft on the run and heavy on the pass). I thought it was pretty funny how they wasted the entire first quarter doing so, and remember commenting that they were going to need those fifteen minutes back later in the game to catch up. That kind of gameplan, controlling the clock and running the ball nonstop, doesn't really work that well when you are facing a surgeon on steroids like Manning and your defense is below-average.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #40
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Just saying we ran pretty easily in the first half then we got behind.

You should look up the word trolling. Clearly you dont know what it means and it not like i just joined this forum.

You know, during the week here i said i didnt think we would win but we had a chance and we did have a chance and we lost. Im fine with it. I think we go 6-10, 7-9 at best on the year and im fine with that too.
Im not throwing stones here and saying you didnt deserve it. You did. I just think its BS that some of you think our player deliberately tried to hurt Manning. Its football and things happen.
You had a 40 yard run called back for a reason. If miller isn't held he probably makes that play

I do agree I don't think liuget intended to hurt Peyton. Sucks that it happened
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #41
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
A better statistic is YPA. SD was at 3.7 today, and Denver's average is 3.4.

Outside of a Ryan Matthews carry, your rushing game was ineffective.

Go on a date with Teo's sloppy seconds.
Three different San Diego RB's had 6 or more carries today and ALL three of those RB's had at least 4 YPC.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #42
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Three different San Diego RB's had 6 or more carries today and ALL three of those RB's had at least 4 YPC.
Our D, essentially, gave up 13 Pts today, and they needed refs help to get ten of those


**** off
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #43
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Yeah, if he's really hurt, better to rest him.

Still, hard to see Peyton taking that road, unless it is something that is going to have him out for weeks.
He'll be fine. I think Manning will play hurt, but that's football. Lots of players play hurt every year.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #44
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I don't know if it was deliberate or not, and I honestly don't have a huge issue with the play. If it was turned the other way around I'd be arguing that the guy was just trying to get to the QB. My issue is that if there's a rule in place, it should be applied evenly and fairly, which doesn't seem to be happening as I understand the rule. Of course, this is only amplified due to Manning's importance and health. Nine times out of ten and happening to another team's QB that play doesn't bother me a bit.

Chargers also did run fairly effectively, for whatever that's worth (almost nothing and maybe less, considering that Denver was probably more than happy to go soft on the run and heavy on the pass). I thought it was pretty funny how they wasted the entire first quarter doing so, and remember commenting that they were going to need those fifteen minutes back later in the game to catch up. That kind of gameplan, controlling the clock and running the ball nonstop, doesn't really work that well when you are facing a surgeon on steroids like Manning and your defense is below-average.
Yep, you need to score TD's instead of FGs against Peyton.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #45
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,025

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

We need Manning to get healthy by the playoffs....but, first we need to make the playoffs.

As for the Chiefs......their defense is awesome so far! I really feel if we under estimate them, we'll be in trouble.

The challenge to our defense will be......do they really think KC has more talent on that side of the ball...can they cause Smith to turn it over and can we shut down KC completely including their running game.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #46
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,099

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Our D, essentially, gave up 13 Pts today, and they needed refs help to get ten of those


**** off
^^ boom
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #47
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure an Option for this team

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,321

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Three different San Diego RB's had 6 or more carries today and ALL three of those RB's had at least 4 YPC.
Mathews had 14 carries for 59 yards and had a long of 35. Anytime they hold a starting RB to under 100 I am happy, ecstatic if they hold the starting RB under 70.

If I were you I would be worried about stopping KM, he has had his 3 best games in his career vs kFc and your perpetually weak run D.

Charles will get his yards because he is there entire O. I still like our D vs the kFc dink and dunk small ball even if we are forced to start Oss.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #48
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,501
Default

Kansas City's offense has put up numbers almost as bad or worse than the numbers Chiefs fans love to brag about their defense holding other teams to. I'm not worried about their offense at all.

As long as Manning and the rest of the team stays healthy, I don't care what happens.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #49
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
You must be the kid in this forum or the obnoxious drunk. Whats with the Te'o references?

It was effective, just not the whole game. We also had a 40 yard run called back and had nearly 100 yards at the half and had 7 rushes for first downs.
Then got behind and had to throw more.
That run goes for 5 yard loss if Miller isn't tackled by the TE.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #50
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,216

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
He'll be fine. I think Manning will play hurt, but that's football. Lots of players play hurt every year.
Hard to really know. Didn't throw the ball after the last hit. Could be serious enough he can't play, or could be something that he just has to gut out
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Denver Broncos