The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #51
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I watched the game and the gif posted here. The guy was sort of stumbling as he came in and his helmet clearly hits manning above the knee and then he slides down to the calves for the wrap up. IMO it didn't look malicious or dirty. Just a guy who was trying to get a sack and he was coming off a blocker and didn't have his feet totally under him yet and had to dive to get there. And you can CLEARLY see the facemask hits above the knee first.

I'm just not wearing homer glasses when I watch this is all. Try taking yours off for a second.
Some Bronco fans are just the whiniest, snivelingest fans in the NFL, dude. They snivel about KC fans posting here, they snivel that the NFL is deliberately out to get Denver by not calling penalties, they snivel that teams are deliberately trying to hurt Denver players.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #52
PeytonLover
Go Broncos!

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well, there's only so many body parts on a person. Defenses get creamed for hitting every one of them. Might as well put flags on the QB's.
PeytonLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #53
bellyup
Just Drafting

Chrisovitch

He is going to get hit! He is a tough SOB, not a China doll, We just have to protect him, at all costs. ( if we want to win a Super Bowl.)
bellyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #54
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I didn't think it was a dirty hit.

Just another one of those ankle injuries from getting rolled up on at a weird angle like what happened to Clady and Franklin.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #55
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Some Bronco fans are just the whiniest, snivelingest fans in the NFL, dude. They snivel about KC fans posting here, they snivel that the NFL is deliberately out to get Denver by not calling penalties, they snivel that teams are deliberately trying to hurt Denver players.
As if a team would gain anything by knocking Peyton out of the game. You're just whining.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #56
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Actually some Broncos fans are merely commenting that -- 9.99 times out of 10 in the NFL, that play (late, low hit on a QB) is flagged. Why this one wasn't is beyond comprehension. And I, personally do not understand the concept of the NFL fining players for plays that weren't flagged -- but the defender very likely will receive a hefty fine later in the week.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #57
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I didn't have a problem with the hit we just saw, and it was a damn good thing Manning had his knees poined in the same direction as his fall.

The earlier shot by Larry English where he finished with a nasty twist was the one I didn't like. It was a pretty dirty twist.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #58
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Truly my query is, based on the rules of the NFL as already posted multiple times earlier in the thread, does the hit meet the definition of violating the rule? If so, why wasn't it called? If not, why doesn't it meet the criteria because it appears like it would by my reading of the rule, but maybe I am misunderstanding the rule.

Thanks ever so much in advance for an answer and not just telling me I am a whiny b**** (something which I am already aware of and still don't care).
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #59
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Truly my query is, based on the rules of the NFL as already posted multiple times earlier in the thread, does the hit meet the definition of violating the rule? If so, why wasn't it called? If not, why doesn't it meet the criteria because it appears like it would by my reading of the rule, but maybe I am misunderstanding the rule.

Thanks ever so much in advance for an answer and not just telling me I am a whiny b**** (something which I am already aware of and still don't care).
The short answer to your question is that officiating crews often make bad calls and/or non-calls. Based on NFL rules, that play should have been flagged; not only because it was low but also because the hit was late. The league will make up for it by fining the crap out of the guy.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #60
bellyup
Just Drafting

Chrisovitch

How about pummeling ANYONE who messes with our QB, that's the way you take care of this nonsense!
bellyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #61
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The league says it was a legal hit because Corey Liuget initially made contact with his helmet to Peyton Manning’s thigh area. Liuget wrapped his arms below the knee, but it was the initial contact above the knee that made it legal.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...flagged/23085/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #62
Shox
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I can't believe anybody who is a Donkey fan has any room to complain about calls. Your WR blatantly cheat multiple times every game by blocking before the ball is ever thrown. I'm not talking about picks, you out right block. So shut up about your precious Peyton being legally tackled.
Shox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #63
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shox View Post
I can't believe anybody who is a Donkey fan has any room to complain about calls. Your WR blatantly cheat multiple times every game by blocking before the ball is ever thrown. I'm not talking about picks, you out right block. So shut up about your precious Peyton being legally tackled.
STFU and read this.

Educate yourself you ignorant tool.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ag-whats-a-rub
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #64
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shox View Post
Warming up the excuses for the upcoming beatdown? Good thinking.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #65
Shox
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
STFU and read this.

Educate yourself you ignorant tool.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ag-whats-a-rub
You STFU. Again, I'm talking about pick plays. It's the handful of plays one WR does NOT RUN A DAMN route he runs three yards and BLOCKS the defender of the other WR.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #66
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

I suggest you read blog post and educate yourself.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #67
Shox
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Warming up the excuses for the upcoming beatdown? Good thinking.
You won't here any excuse from me. A. because Chiefs will win. B. because I know this play will a happen at least 3 times.

My only hope is the first time it does happen Barry, Flowers or whoever just unloads on the your WR. Make him think twice about cheating the second time.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #68
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #69
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Manny did not push the defender into Peyton, he clearly got beat clean, and then the defender went low. Will be surprised if that is not a fine.

One more thing, I was at the game, and I don't know if the tv coverage showed this, but just after the charged- timeout and before Manning went to the sideline, Peyton went out of his way to go to the huddle of refs.

I assume he was chewing them out for the non-call.
This. Manny pushed the guy who TRIPPED OVER the guy diving at Peyton's legs...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #70
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Considering how that rule has been called in games with Brees and Brady, I'd say Manning was not protected by the new rule. That was low, and he made an extra lunge after the block into the back of the knee. Anyone who thinks that was to injure is kidding themselves. I said once people would be shocked if they knew how barbaric and vulgur pro football players prob are. I think the Incognito type stuff par for the course. I also think every team has players who would love to hurt other player. I also think teams target hurt areas with intent to take out of the game. Just how it is.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #71
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Broncos can start the Queef slide.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #72
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I still say without being able to throw to Charles the Chiefs will not score more then 24 points. Broncos should sick Travathon on him, but also sometimes have a dback waiting to double. I know you can't double the RB often but we can dog him wherever he goes. Hit him no matter what, every play. Tell the defenders you see Charles blocking, make it as big of a collision as you possibly can. Same way teams would try and stop Roger Craig or Marcus Allen. Rbs hate being hit as they go out into routes.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #73
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Eh, he was pushed down by Manny. I dont think that would really apply. Just really unfortunate. Hopefully hes ok.
He was pushed by Manny but not down. He completed his motion of going towards Manning which had nothing to do with the push, and not only hit him at the knees but it was a late hit.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #74
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I agree that the tackler was not trying to injure PM. I disagree that it was a legal hit.

His helmet hits about mid thigh, but his shoulder hit just at the level of the knee then slid even further down. His arms start to wrap immediately and they wrap near his ankles. AND he still took multiple steps ( diving) AFTER the ball was out. That should have been a flag, period. If Manning is really hurt and can't play this play will be looked at quite a bit over the next few weeks, and the question will be why there was no flag, and what IS the rule even there for?
Well I've seen that play allowed multiple times. I did say that I also thought the player easily could have went higher and did seem to be "aiming" low. It could have gone either way. It was that close IMO. He did seem to aim low when he just as easily could have went higher, which could have drawn a flag, but with the initial contact above the knee I could see where a ref would be hesitant on throwing that. It's a double edged sword. You don't want to see players get hurt but we're also always hearing from the fans about how the game is so ticky tack now and what ever happened to tackle football.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #75
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
He was pushed by Manny but not down. He completed his motion of going towards Manning which had nothing to do with the push, and not only hit him at the knees but it was a late hit.
Exactly, Gunns -- defenders are not typically allowed to slam the QB into the ground that long after the ball's out -- not without a flag/15 yard personal foul penalty anyway.