The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So I'm guessing you didn't watch the game...
I watched the game and the gif posted here. The guy was sort of stumbling as he came in and his helmet clearly hits manning above the knee and then he slides down to the calves for the wrap up. IMO it didn't look malicious or dirty. Just a guy who was trying to get a sack and he was coming off a blocker and didn't have his feet totally under him yet and had to dive to get there. And you can CLEARLY see the facemask hits above the knee first.

I'm just not wearing homer glasses when I watch this is all. Try taking yours off for a second.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #27
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Defenders are clearly going for his ankles...

C-Mon man..insinuating that they are trying to hurt him on purpose near at the end of the game? Really? Why wouldnt they try and do that a lot sooner? It happens man.
Peyton isnt the only QB to get hit low but i guess you know if he goes out then your season is over. But please... let not start whining that he got hit low on purpose. Defenders are trying to make a play and QB's get hit all the time after a throw.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-10-2013 at 06:52 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #28
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Shocker...bolt fan has no problem with the hit.

Scoreboard.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #29
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Shocker...bolt fan has no problem with the hit.

Scoreboard.
Seems posters here who arent biased dont either. Funny how an objective fan thinks.
Sorry, nothing wrong with that play. He MAY get fined but players get fined over nothing these days. The game is going down the crapper.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #30
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
The game is going down the crapper.
I'll take "things bolt fans say every sunday" for 400, alex
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #31
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'll take "things bolt fans say every sunday" for 400, alex
remember the days when you guys hated Peyton? Now if he gets hit you whine.
Pretty sure if he were still a Colt and Miller made that same hit, you would be fine with it.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #32
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
remember the days when you guys hated Peyton? Now if he gets hit you whine.
Pretty sure if he were still a Colt and Miller made that same hit, you would be fine with it.
yes, you root for the team on the Jersey, not the player. If Phillup Rivers became a Bronco we would defend him and if he got hit low we would wine. Let just pray that Rivers never becomes a Bronco.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #33
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I watched the game and the gif posted here. The guy was sort of stumbling as he came in and his helmet clearly hits manning above the knee and then he slides down to the calves for the wrap up. IMO it didn't look malicious or dirty. Just a guy who was trying to get a sack and he was coming off a blocker and didn't have his feet totally under him yet and had to dive to get there. And you can CLEARLY see the facemask hits above the knee first.

I'm just not wearing homer glasses when I watch this is all. Try taking yours off for a second.
Homer glasses? Try again.

I was simply saying you probably didn't watch the game due to this statement

Quote:
Doesn't look like Manning hurt himself too bad there.
If you watched the game, you can't be too bright making a statement like that.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #34
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
C-Mon man..insinuating that they are trying to hurt him on purpose near at the end of the game? Really? Why wouldnt they try and do that a lot sooner? It happens man.
Peyton isnt the only QB to get hit low but i guess you know if he goes out then your season is over. But please... let not start whining that he got hit low on purpose. Defenders are trying to make a play and QB's get hit all the time after a throw.
Oh really? A starting QB in the NFL goes down and the season chances for that team dramatically goes down? Who woulda thunk it?

****in dumbass

Oh, and he was hit low twice in the game. But you were too busy watching Manti Teo chasing his girlfriend around.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #35
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
yes, you root for the team on the Jersey, not the player. If Phillup Rivers became a Bronco we would defend him and if he got hit low we would wine. Let just pray that Rivers never becomes a Bronco.
Well there you go. Then call it what it is and stop trying to say they tried to hurt him on purpose in the last what...........two minutes of the game?

Thats my only gripe with it.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #36
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Oh really? A starting QB in the NFL goes down and the season chances for that team dramatically goes down? Who woulda thunk it?

****in dumbass

Oh, and he was hit low twice in the game. But you were too busy watching Manti Teo chasing his girlfriend around.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #37
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
So...was that the face you made after DT scored his 1st, 2nd, or 3rd touchdown?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #38
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So...was that the face you made after DT scored his 1st, 2nd, or 3rd touchdown?
Doesnt bother me that we lost. I wasnt expecting a win. Said that in here during the week but good to know you post like a 12 year old in here.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #39
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
It is hard to tell the situation from where the GIF file starts but man it looks like Beadles sure did get beat like a drum that play.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #40
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Manny did not push the defender into Peyton, he clearly got beat clean, and then the defender went low. Will be surprised if that is not a fine.

One more thing, I was at the game, and I don't know if the tv coverage showed this, but just after the charged- timeout and before Manning went to the sideline, Peyton went out of his way to go to the huddle of refs.

I assume he was chewing them out for the non-call.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 11-10-2013 at 07:26 PM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #41
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

I'm surprised it didn't get a penalty to be honest. I don't think he was trying to be dirty, but watch the release of the ball and then the hit. Two steps even in the old days of of playing football.. he'd probably been penalized. In this day of no hitting low, seems like he definitely should have got a penalty. It seemed obvious to me at least, he was planning on tackling Manning no matter when the ball was released.

But this crew was pretty awful.. they missed calls on both sides, and were not the best crew we could have had for this game.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #42
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

We need a LG and C either through the draft or FA. Beadles and Ramirez consistently give up pressure.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #43
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post

One more thing, I was at the game, and I don't know if the tv coverage showed this, but just after the charged- timeout and before Manning went to the sideline, Peyton went out of his way to go to the huddle of refs.

I assume he was chewing them out for the non-call.
He said later that he wanted the refs to know that the Broncos called a timeout. Wanted to be able to come back in the game.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #44
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
He said later that he wanted the refs to know that the Broncos called a timeout. Wanted to be able to come back in the game.
It was quite the opposite. Manning was upset as to why the Broncos were charged a TO...the reason why he went back down was because he saw the Chargers call a TO... Manning was pretty upset about it.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #45
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post

Did he say that? Now I know he chewed them out. At the stadium, the head ref clearly states on the intercom that it was a charged time out because of rules at that time of the game. PM went to the refs after that announcement.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #46
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I've watched that gif now 10 times - the defenders helmet almost hit Manning in the butt. DEFINITELY well above the knee there people. Cmon. I do think if he chose to he could have gone higher and seemed to be aiming lower then he should have. But in the end, his shoulders hit the side and back of Mannings thigh and due to his angle of approach he slid down to the calves fast. I don't know that player so I can't comment if he is dirty or not. I think he easily could have went higher and still got there the same time but he did get him above the knees.

Last edited by ZONA; 11-10-2013 at 08:39 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #47
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

It's football. It involves tackling.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #48
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
I've watched that gif now 10 times - the defenders helmet almost hit Manning in the butt. DEFINITELY well above the knee there people. Cmon.
I'm not sure why there is a bunch of people talking about his helmet being right above his knee or whatever. It was obviously a hit in the knee area... you're talking like this type of play isn't the ones the NFL wants to eliminate. That type of hit can easily cause a knee injury. You don't need to be hit directly on the knee for it to be a penalty or injury...does this really need to be explained?

It's crazy sitting here listening to people defending that hit...if he was running free and made that hit he'd definitely get flagged and fined.

Do you remember McGahee's knee injury in college? Probably not. Here's a picture...but but but it was above the knee!!

Last edited by Action; 11-10-2013 at 08:45 PM..
Old 11-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #49
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
I've watched that gif now 10 times - the defenders helmet almost hit Manning in the butt. DEFINITELY well above the knee there people. Cmon. I do think if he chose to he could have gone higher and seemed to be aiming lower then he should have. But in the end, his shoulders hit the side and back of Mannings thigh and due to his angle of approach he slid down to the calves fast. I don't know that player so I can't comment if he is dirty or not. I think he easily could have went higher and still got there the same time but he did get him above the knees.
I agree that the tackler was not trying to injure PM. I disagree that it was a legal hit.

His helmet hits about mid thigh, but his shoulder hit just at the level of the knee then slid even further down. His arms start to wrap immediately and they wrap near his ankles. AND he still took multiple steps ( diving) AFTER the ball was out. That should have been a flag, period. If Manning is really hurt and can't play this play will be looked at quite a bit over the next few weeks, and the question will be why there was no flag, and what IS the rule even there for?

Last edited by ScottXray; 11-10-2013 at 11:44 PM..
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #50
bellyup
Just Drafted

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Honestly, not being flippant, I think it really only does apply to Brady. The "Brady Rule" is not just a name, it's literal. I saw the same kind of low shots on RG3 and no calls either.
I think you are totally right!
bellyup is offline   Reply With Quote