The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #76
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
lolWUT?
Night game, though. Temps will probably be closer to the low than the high at game time. But looks like he's way off in the precip forecast.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #77
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,350

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Serious question here: I have two defenses that I am able to start on my ff team. Denver or kc.

Who should I start?
I hope you are full of **** on this question. Neg points for anyone picking up any team or players from the AFC West that are not Broncos.

Do you have no Shame? Answer: probably not if you are a FF player.

EDIT: Saw that you were serious and I have applied a neg rep to your collection. GTFO with that crap of FF and worst is you have a Chiefs' defense and willing to play them against the Broncos! Pathetic.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 11-11-2013 at 11:42 AM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #78
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I hope you are full of **** on this question. Neg points for anyone picking up any team or players from the AFC West that are not Broncos.

Do you have no Shame? Answer: probably not if you are a FF player.

EDIT: Saw that you were serious and I have applied a neg rep to your collection. GTFO with that crap of FF and worst is you have a Chiefs' defense and willing to play them against the Broncos! Pathetic.
get over yourself. When it comes to money, and gambling, I would bet against my own mother.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #79
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
well, that's the delimma I'm having. But I think kc's offense sucks and I think the Broncos run defense is solid. So, shut down Charles and force Smith to pass and I think the Broncos defense does fine.

On the other hand, kc's defense has scored me a lot of points and if they do shut down the Broncos and if they have sacks and INTs and the Broncos end up losing, I still do alright because kc is my starting defense.

this is why I don't like ff.
I've been playing Broncos defense/ST. I keep waiting for Holliday to bust another one but I think he is tenative right now. The team has explained to him 0 fumbles, 0 mistakes, 0 tds is better then 2 fumbers, 2 mistakes, and 2 tds.

Manning doesn't turn ball over and our special teams is pretty good at not giving up huge plays. Manning doesn't throw many pic 6's but it does happen. I doubt KC has a huge game maybe I said play them too soon. I just don't see the Broncos being stupid enough to have Manning hold the ball too long.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #80
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You start KC. Never sit the highest scoring defense. You have to remove the loyalty out of it when gambling. Now if its a non money league go with your heart. Broncos having trouble protecting manning and I am worried about that.
Are you high on crack? No way in hell do you start Kansas City this week, much less as a fan of the Denver Broncos. Holy Wow.

In some fantasy leagues Denver is the only offense that is allowing negative points to opposing defenses. Unless you really think that Kansas City is going to be the one team to hold them to less than 20 points, or score multiple touchdowns on defense/ST, then there's no way you play them. Holy Wow.

Tombstone, use your brain. Kansas City sits this week.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #81
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Do you have no Shame? Answer: probably not if you are a FF player.

EDIT: Saw that you were serious and I have applied a neg rep to your collection. GTFO with that crap of FF and worst is you have a Chiefs' defense and willing to play them against the Broncos! Pathetic.
Nothing cooler than aiming for backlash points.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #82
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I hope you are full of **** on this question. Neg points for anyone picking up any team or players from the AFC West that are not Broncos.

Do you have no Shame? Answer: probably not if you are a FF player.

EDIT: Saw that you were serious and I have applied a neg rep to your collection. GTFO with that crap of FF and worst is you have a Chiefs' defense and willing to play them against the Broncos! Pathetic.
dude, lighten up. One neg rep deserves another... you're welcome.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #83
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I've been playing Broncos defense/ST. I keep waiting for Holliday to bust another one but I think he is tenative right now. The team has explained to him 0 fumbles, 0 mistakes, 0 tds is better then 2 fumbers, 2 mistakes, and 2 tds.

Manning doesn't turn ball over and our special teams is pretty good at not giving up huge plays. Manning doesn't throw many pic 6's but it does happen. I doubt KC has a huge game maybe I said play them too soon. I just don't see the Broncos being stupid enough to have Manning hold the ball too long.
I'm leaning toward starting Denver's defense because I believe in Denver's defense and I also think kc is one dimensional at best on offense...

If I win my ff league I get some $ so yah, I'm kinda trying to win and so this is why every game counts.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #84
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,350

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
dude, lighten up. One neg rep deserves another... you're welcome.
You are a bad excuse as a fan if a little money is more important then going 100% rooting for your team. If money is too important then we know where your alliance will be at kickoff. It sure won't be 100% with Denver. Take Cutemdown with you.

This thread and section of OMane is for football talk. Real football talk. There is a FF forum for the fans that don't support the Broncos 100%. Go make your money or virtual trophy in those thread. Not everyone is into FF for the reasons I gave. Root on your team and hope Broncos put 45 points on the Chiefs.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 11-12-2013 at 08:56 AM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #85
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,053
Default

Interesting read from the KC Star. The writer suggests there are some encouraging signs for the Chiefs from the Chargers game, but that they might be misleading...

Quote:
...this was actually Denver’s worst offensive game of the year. But I think this had more to do with Denver going vanilla the week before a big showdown and John Fox not being around the team than anything the Chargers were doing.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/11...#storylink=cpy
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #86
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,053
Default

Another decent read from the same guy:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/10...efs-kinda.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #87
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,867

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Interesting read from the KC Star. The writer suggests there are some encouraging signs for the Chiefs from the Chargers game, but that they might be misleading...


Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/11...#storylink=cpy
I love when sports writers try to pick up trends from a half of football. The Broncos offense was absolutely rolling to the tune of 28-6 in the early third. Mix in some conservative play calling, a drop here and there, and they didn't score again. It's not indicative of a new trend or problem. Its something that happened in the tiniest of sample sizes.

And going Vanilla? There's not much secret to what the broncos do on offense. They just execute it really well.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #88
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You are a bad excuse as a fan if a little money is more important then going 100% rooting for your team. If money is too important then we know where your alliance will be at kickoff. It sure won't be 100% with Denver. Take Cutemdown with you.

This thread and section of OMane is for football talk. Real football talk. There is a FF forum for the fans that don't support the Broncos 100%. Go make your money or virtual trophy in those thread. Not everyone is into FF for the reasons I gave. Root on your team and hope Broncos put 45 points on the Chiefs.
lol, thanks for that info. captain fantastic poster guy. I'll keep that in mind everytime I post here now that you are laying down the posting laws and setting an example (not) of good quality football posts.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #89
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol, thanks for that info. captain fantastic poster guy. I'll keep that in mind everytime I post here now that you are laying down the posting laws and setting an example (not) of good quality football posts.
I like that 2 dudes with 40,000 posts between them and an average of 10 years on the board disagree with what is legitimate posting business. Carry on!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #90
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,350

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol, thanks for that info. captain fantastic poster guy. I'll keep that in mind everytime I post here now that you are laying down the posting laws and setting an example (not) of good quality football posts.
Should I post about The jaguars in this thread? How about Politics? There is a reason FF has its own area at the Mane and that is to keep it separate from real football talk.


It is real simple. Keep it on topic. FF of "which defense to start" has nothing to do with the origin of this thread or even close to it.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #91
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Should I post about The jaguars in this thread? How about Politics? There is a reason FF has its own area at the Mane and that is to keep it separate from real football talk.


It is real simple. Keep it on topic. FF of "which defense to start" has nothing to do with the origin of this thread or even close to it.
YES SIR! Can I get you your meds sir?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #92
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Should I post about The jaguars in this thread? How about Politics? There is a reason FF has its own area at the Mane and that is to keep it separate from real football talk.


It is real simple. Keep it on topic. FF of "which defense to start" has nothing to do with the origin of this thread or even close to it.
It's close enough to throw in, though. It also sure beats 'smack talk'.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Denver Broncos