The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #51
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
The real question is which defense do you want to play...and it's not in KC.

Better pray the Chiefs don't get HFA...because Marty is long gone.
This wasn't about the Chiefs tragic offense or they're Defense who got shredded last week...
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #52
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
If the question is: Would I rather have Brady or Manning?

The answer is simple. It's Brady, every day of the week. In the end Brady is just a calmer personality. Manning can get frustrated pretty easily, and that hurts him. Particularly in big games. This was on display against the Redskins. After getting stupidly angry after the failed slant on the goal line, he came out and threw an interception almost right away. You just don't see that very often from Brady.

That said, Manning is an amazing QB. So if we're talking the offense as a whole? There is simply no question. The Broncos are better at nearly every position, save one of the tight-ends..and it's not a huge gulf between Gronk and Thomas.
I love me some Julius but you got to be kidding
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #53
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Who would be more terrifying to play against on Offense:

2013 Denver Broncos @ SAF

2013 New England Patriots @ Gillette

After watching Brady curb Stomp the Steelers yesterday, I have to say, Brady looked almost flawless and was tossing Bullets.

Of course Manning is a game maestro and we have seen it all season sans one game in Indy.

Records aside, who is the better Offense and why?
You didn't seriously ask this question, did you? Is the Denver offense or New England offense better?!?!

Ummmmm, I think we've outscored them by 109 points (343-234)......and that's with them playing 9 games, and us only playing 8 so far.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #54
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Regular season, Peyton is scarier ....
Post-season, Brady is.

Sorry, but ....
I'll just leave this here:

In playoff games decided by a kick (i.e game was won or lost on a FG in the last 5 minutes or OT):

Manning (0-5) - QB rating: 91.1
Brady (6-0) - QB rating: 73.8

Each and every time Manning put his team in position to win, his kicker missed. Each and every time his opponent put themselves in position to win, their kicker converted.

Each and every time Brady put his team in position to win, his kicker converted. Each and every time his opponent put themselves in position to win, his kicker missed.

If Brady had equal luck with playoff kicking game as Manning, he would have a 9-9 playoff record with one SB win (2004), one SB loss (2007), and no other championship game appearances.

The difference in playoff perception between Manning and Brady was written by Mike Vanderjagt, Nate Kaeding, Adam Vinateri, Nick Folk, Stephen Gotskowski, Justin Tucker, and Billy Cundiff.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #55
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

In playoff games decided by a kick (i.e game was won or lost on a FG in the last 5 minutes or OT):

Each and every time Manning put his team in position to win, his kicker missed. Each and every time his opponent put themselves in position to win, their kicker converted.

Each and every time Brady put his team in position to win, his kicker converted. Each and every time his opponent put themselves in position to win, his kicker missed.

If Brady had equal luck with playoff kicking game as Manning, he would have a 9-9 playoff record with one SB win (2004), one SB loss (2007), and no other championship game appearances.

The difference in playoff perception between Manning and Brady was written by Mike Vanderjagt, Nate Kaeding, Adam Vinateri, Nick Folk, Stephen Gotskowski, Justin Tucker, and Billy Cundiff.
Very interesting. Where do you guys find these obscure stats? I am amazed with the stuff some of you come up with.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #56
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Quote:

WHAT? There is no Easter Bunny? Drat.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #57
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:

That's a very interesting analysis ... wthout directly addressing your stats and facts, my first response is: If kickers were that important, then why are they the second lowest paid position as a whole, league-wide? (Tight end lowest). Best example of a big game clutch kicker is probably Adam Vinateri ... but in fact he went from Brady TO MANNING as a free agent in 2006, for a paltry $3.2 million a year (with bonuses). If kickers made as big a difference as you aver, they should be far more in demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh?? View Post
Hard to see. Seems like Brady benefits from a well designed system.
The theory that "The System" deserves credit for NE's success has always puzzled me, in that there's no evidence to back it up. Belichick's system, his "scary outside-the-box thinking" was nowhere to be found until Tom Brady first took the field when Bledsoe was hurt. Belichick history as a head coach up to then:
Consistently sub-500, and 0-2 to open 2001. If Bledsoe had not been injured, I think the 0-2 Patriots would've finished 7-9 again, with similar records to follow. Certainly there is nothing, or next to nothing in Belichick's history to indicate his system was poised to reel off 14-3 and win a Super Bowl that year.

Remember, he re-signed Bledsoe to a monster $10 million dollar contract before the season ... I'll bet he was bitter as heck that night when he was forced to put that goofy kid from Michigan in the game.

Damn, I've gotta go pick somebody up at SeaTac, I've been thinking about this all day .... i'll finish later.....

xxx
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #58
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

Exactly....

In 1999 he was beaten by Titans who had a pretty good defense, and an offense led by Steve McNair, and Eddie George 19-16

In 2000 he lost to Dolphins 23-17 in OT...Vanderjagt missed GW FG in OT...hardly Peyton's fault wouldn't you agree?

in 2002 he got spanked by Jets 41-0...it was his lone egg he laid in the playoffs statistically speaking.

In 2003 he spanked Denver 41-10, then beat Chiefs 38-31 and lost AFCCG to Brady and Pats 24-14

In 2004 he spanked us (again) 49-24, and lost to Brady and Pats again 20-3

In 2005 he got beat by Steelers and Big Ben 21-18 as Vanderjagt again missed a clutch FG that would've sent game to OT.

In 2006 he beat KC and Baltimore then beat Bears to win SB

In 2007 and 2008 seasons saw him lose to a pretty damn good Chargers team led by pro bowl QB Phillips Rivers and HoF RB LaDainian Tomlinson....in the first one he lost 23-17 in OT as the Chargers won toss, took ball and drove down the field...hardly Peyton's fault wouldn't you agree?

In 2009 he beat the Ravens and the very much improved Jets to win AFC title...lost to Saints and probable HoF Drew Brees in SB.

In 2010 he got beat by the Jets, this time 17-16 after the Colt's ST's gave up big return, and defense gave up huge completion to Edwards, then Jets kick GW with no time left...again, hardly Peyton's fault, wouldn't you agree?

In 2012 against the Ravens he had the Broncos set up with a 7 point lead despite Prater kicking dirt instead of the ball, and loses in a double OT loss by a FG (albeit set up by a Manning INT)

eventual conference or SB champs

Last edited by errand; 11-06-2013 at 11:28 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #59
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
that name should be changed not Redskin.
It's much better than a bankrupt financial company that sounds like what a typical Chiefs family might do in the bedroom...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #60
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Well if you're only talking about the offenses, it's no brainer to me, I'd rather play against Brady. Sure some guys have stepped up lately but that offense still has performed mediocre several times this year. You can't just get all hyped up after they put up a great game. I look at what the Broncos offense has done all year long. They are putting up record numbers. For me, it's an easy choice actually. I'd much rather have my DB's covering guys like Thompkins, Dobson and a still not quite 100% Gronk and a fragile Amendola, rather then covering Welker, Thomas, Decker and JT. You can say the QB play is a wash, they're both the best in the game obviously. But I just think as a DC, the Broncos receivers give you more consistent fits.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #61
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
The real question is which defense do you want to play...and it's not in KC.

Better pray the Chiefs don't get HFA...because Marty is long gone.
You have Alex Smith and you spend most of CP time telling the homers KC isn't doing anything because of him. What is it then?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote