The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #51
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

This morning, JDR called his wife from Dove Valley and said, "Love ya, sweetie. See you in eight weeks."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #52
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,464

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Fontaine, how much playoff experience does Studesville have as HC?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #53
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Fontaine, how much playoff experience does Studesville have as HC?
I think you the answer to that question!

I'm hoping Fox is back by that stage.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #54
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,592
Default

This will hopefully give Broncos more incentive to play well. Sort of like the colts last yr with Pagano even though this isn't as scary as cancer. At least I don't think it is. But the players seem to love John Fox. You don't hear about him having problems with the players very much if at all. I think they will rally around Del Rio, especially the defense, and play lights out.

From what I see the defense starting to get the moxie and swagger back they need to cause havok on an offense. Miller is just that good. He's going to make 2-3 plays a game no one else on our defense can make. The threat of those plays opens things up for the other guys.

That and IMO our secondary should get better as the yr goes on, as they learn better how to play with one another. Then last maybe Bailey still does have something left. I am skeptical but that would also be big.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #55
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
This will hopefully give Broncos more incentive to play well. Sort of like the colts last yr with Pagano even though this isn't as scary as cancer. At least I don't think it is. But the players seem to love John Fox. You don't hear about him having problems with the players very much if at all. I think they will rally around Del Rio, especially the defense, and play lights out.

From what I see the defense starting to get the moxie and swagger back they need to cause havok on an offense. Miller is just that good. He's going to make 2-3 plays a game no one else on our defense can make. The threat of those plays opens things up for the other guys.

That and IMO our secondary should get better as the yr goes on, as they learn better how to play with one another. Then last maybe Bailey still does have something left. I am skeptical but that would also be big.
Hopefully it pushes them to start out faster just to go easy on the big guy's ticker.

Up 3 scores by half should make life easier on Foxy.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #56
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 7,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post

I would have preferred Studsville be promoted to interim HC if only to deal with all the media bullcrap so Gase/JDR can continue to focus on their units.
This.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #57
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,566

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

I would have picked Studs...but it depends on how long JF was out. Rest of the season...probably go with JDR...a couple of weeks...Studs. He's the most experienced Interim Head Coach we have.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #58
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Only one thing to do right now, and that's blow out San Diego by 3 touchdowns...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #59
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Only one thing to do right now, and that's blow out San Diego by 3 touchdowns...
Cool avatar. Did you watch the whole series?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #60
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Cool avatar. Did you watch the whole series?
One of the greatest shows of all time.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #61
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
One of the greatest shows of all time.
Yup

Hard to find a better written or better acted show. Character development was best I have ever seen.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #62
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I hope JDR is more aggressive going for it on 4th down. Does anyone know how he was in Jacksonville if he went for it a lot on 4th or was very conservative?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #63
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

People on here acting like now that Del Rio has been named interim HC, that he won't be on the sidelines within ear shot of whoever helps him coach the defense
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #64
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I hope JDR is more aggressive going for it on 4th down. Does anyone know how he was in Jacksonville if he went for it a lot on 4th or was very conservative?
On occasion he punted on third down, that's how conservative he is.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #65
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,676

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Lets keep Chopping Wood!

Only no real axes in the locker room this time please JDR.

JDR was the right choice, he has experience and hopefully has learned from his past mistakes. I just hope he lets Gase and Manning run the O and he doesn't try to change too much.

I can see where Fontaine would rather have a guy like Studesville because JDR needs to keep his focus on the D which has struggled but he has been a real full time HC and I hope he does a good job during the roughest part of our schedule.

I hope Fox is lucid enough to help keep JDR on point here and there if needed.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #66
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,566

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

I think as Bronco Fans we need some good karma. Like a serious committment to developing postive vibes in the Universe.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #67
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
One of the greatest shows of all time.
It was ok I liked it to begin with then bombed later seasons much like LOST, Spartacus, and a slew of others. Probably the best show right now is hands down Game Of Thrones. That show has been Delivering and will continue to do so if they can pull of next season.


JMO, To me it the ending was like a dud firecracker.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #68
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
It was ok I liked it to begin with then bombed later seasons much like LOST, Spartacus, and a slew of others. Probably the best show right now is hands down Game Of Thrones. That show has been Delivering and will continue to do so if they can pull of next season.


JMO, To me it the ending was like a dud firecracker.

Kind of hard to top the way the killed off Gus.

The ending was kinda how they had to wind it up. Given the bad guy has to die rule they handled it pretty well.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #69
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,294

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

JDR is the best choice, I look for the team to be inspired and focused. I pity the competition.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #70
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
Pimp.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,107

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed
Default

Best wishes to the 15th head coach in Denver Broncos history -- you have the keys to the Ferrari now, just be sure to give it back to Foxy in good shape.

1. Frank Filchock (1960-1961): 7-20-1
2. Jack Faulkner (1962-1964): 9-22-1
3. Mac Speedie (1964-1966): 6-19-1
4. Ray Malavasie (1966): 4-8
5. Lou Saban (1967-1971): 20-42-3
6. Jerry Smith (1971): 2-3
7. John Ralson (1972-1976): 34-33-3
8. Red Miller (1977-1980): 40-22
9. Dan Reeves (1981-1992): 110-73-1
10. Wade Phillips (1993-1994): 16-16
11. Mike Shanahan (1995-2008): 138-86
12. Josh McDaniels (2009-2010): 11-17
13. Eric Studesville (2010): 1-3
14. John Fox (2011-present): 21-11
15. Jack Del Rio (2013): 0-0
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #71
Durango
Ring of Famer
 
Durango's Avatar
 
Woodsman

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Durango
Posts: 1,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I would have picked Studs...but it depends on how long JF was out. Rest of the season...probably go with JDR...a couple of weeks...Studs. He's the most experienced Interim Head Coach we have.
I just don't understand this. Del Rio was a head coach for years, Studesvile a few weeks. What on earth could possibly make anyone think Studesvile would be a better fill-in coach than Del Rio. It's just a weird, anyone but Del Rio twist of logic.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #72
Ol#7
Not Too Shabby!
 
Ol#7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 174

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duke IEatNachos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
I just don't understand this. Del Rio was a head coach for years, Studesvile a few weeks. What on earth could possibly make anyone think Studesvile would be a better fill-in coach than Del Rio. It's just a weird, anyone but Del Rio twist of logic.
Exactly!

Look, there is a chance that Fox doesnt make it back at all this year. You turn our SB run over to a guy that was a 4 game fill in only because McD had NOBODY capable of being a HC on staff at the time? Really? People were saying how Del Rio hadnt been the same since the USC rumour's came out and you think he wouldnt be effected by getting passed over in that scenario?

Del Rio has already proven he can coach in the NFL. We are really, really, really lucky to have him as our DC/Interim HC.

Get well Foxy.
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:18 AM   #73
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,785

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Done what? Juggle DC/HC jobs? That's news to me. I thought he had a DC in Jax?
He had a DC but he was the one that called the defense in Jax. Plenty of offensive Head Coaches do this every week. I don't know why you are so concerned that a guy who has already done both on the other side of the ball for years can't do it for a few months.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #74
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Best wishes to the 15th head coach in Denver Broncos history -- you have the keys to the Ferrari now, just be sure to give it back to Foxy in good shape.

1. Frank Filchock (1960-1961): 7-20-1
2. Jack Faulkner (1962-1964): 9-22-1
3. Mac Speedie (1964-1966): 6-19-1
4. Ray Malavasie (1966): 4-8
5. Lou Saban (1967-1971): 20-42-3
6. Jerry Smith (1971): 2-3
7. John Ralson (1972-1976): 34-33-3
8. Red Miller (1977-1980): 40-22
9. Dan Reeves (1981-1992): 110-73-1
10. Wade Phillips (1993-1994): 16-16
11. Mike Shanahan (1995-2008): 138-86
12. Josh McDaniels (2009-2010): 11-17
13. Eric Studesville (2010): 1-3
14. John Fox (2011-present): 21-11
15. Jack Del Rio (2013): 0-0
How did Frank Filchock manage to coach 28 games in two seasons while Jack Faulkner only managed 32 games in three seasons? Inquiring minds want to know.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #75
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
I just don't understand this. Del Rio was a head coach for years, Studesvile a few weeks. What on earth could possibly make anyone think Studesvile would be a better fill-in coach than Del Rio. It's just a weird, anyone but Del Rio twist of logic.

The main reason is so JDR could keep his FULL attention on the defense which is just now rounding into shape.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Denver Broncos