The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #26
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Even when we play like crap we still win.

Your team + play like crap = loss.

It's why we're 9-0
You guys should face reality too. Don't pretend KC is that good.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #27
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Poor ol Jetmeck.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #28
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Even when we play like crap against crappy teams and back-up QB's, we still win.

Your team + play like crap against 5-2 teams in first place = loss.

It's why we're 9-0
Fixed your post for you
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #29
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Wow that Chiefs offense is P A T H E T I C. I'm sorry but in an offensive league, there is just no way you will have even a prayer at going to the superbowl with that offense. Honestly, if this team was playing even a remotely challenging schedule against teams that were't playing 3rd string rookie QB's every week, we would be talking about them not even making the playoffs.

Fuc KC - I'm am totally not worried about that team. Holy **** do they look really bad.
This touched on something that has been fun about this season. Winning with good defense in an NFL that has stacked the deck so hard against defenses that wants so badly for the NFL to be the Arena League is satisfying.

Team defense...hard hitting...turnovers...goal line stands. Just a very fun contrarian way to be successful in this day and age.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #30
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
This touched on something that has been fun about this season. Winning with good defense in an NFL that has stacked the deck so hard against defenses that wants so badly for the NFL to be the Arena League is satisfying.

Team defense...hard hitting...turnovers...goal line stands. Just a very fun contrarian way to be successful in this day and age.
It's easy to look great on defense against crap teams playing backup quarterbacks.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #31
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Yes, but even you have to admit that playing back-up and rookie QB's and getting 100 yard INT returns and red zone fumble recoveries for TD's aren't sustainable over a 16 game season.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #32
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

It's why we're 9-0
Come on, man. You're a smart guy. We lost by six, playing a crappy game, in an emotional wreck of a situation, turning the ball over on key situations, against a team that had already beat the 49ers and Seahawks.

We've had crappy games against teams like the Bills and won by 25 points.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #33
errand
Ring of Famer

Actually I'm kind of shocked that the Chiefs are winning when playing sub-par passers....I recall them losing by 10 to a QB who hit on 2 of 8 passes
Old 11-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #34
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:

You just gave up almost 500 yards of offense to a team quarterbacked by Jeff Tuel. You just gave up 250 rushing yards to a team quarterbacked by Jeff Tuel.

Enjoy your wins but maintain perspective.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #35
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Whatever. I'm glad the Chiefs won today. That will make the pounding they will take in two weeks, on national television, even more satisfying. Had they lost today, the sheen would have been off their undefeated season. It is going to be soul crushing to come in here with this silly sense of hope, and still lose by three touchdowns, or more.

I bet the betting line for this one will be surreal, considering the underdogs will be 9-0.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #36
Desi
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

It's why we're 9-0
Play like crap? Isn't this how your offense generally plays? The Chiefs are squeaking by thanks to a good defense combined with the advantage of playing mediocre quarterbacks who can't get out of their own way. And before you and your ilk shriek at me for being a homer, I am a (currently suffering) Giants fan. But I know mediocrity when I see it and the Chiefs offense is mediocre.
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #37
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yes, but even you have to admit that playing back-up and rookie QB's and getting 100 yard INT returns and red zone fumble recoveries for TD's aren't sustainable over a 16 game season.
I would agree with that. Of course that didn't happen in the 8 other games we won.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #38
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
You just gave up almost 500 yards of offense to a team quarterbacked by Jeff Tuel. You just gave up 250 rushing yards to a team quarterbacked by Jeff Tuel.

At the end of 4 quarters the measurement of a team winning or not winning is points not yards.

Both the defense and the offense absolutely come up in big moments when they are needed.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #39
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
It's easy to look great on defense against crap teams playing backup quarterbacks.
So...you are saying the NFL sucks. I mean...we have played a lot of teams here.

Sucks for football fans that so much of the league sucks? Haha.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #40
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

The Bills offense was horrendous and still hung up those kind of yards... Honestly ifThad plays that game, KC loses by 3 scores..
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #41
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
The Bills offense was horrendous and still hung up those kind of yards... Honestly ifThad plays that game, KC loses by 3 scores..
I guess we will just add this to the ongoing fiction novel written by the OrangeMane where they have to make up things because reality simply doesn't work out for them.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #42
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Dear Chiefs Bandwagon: Enjoy your bye week. The whole charade comes to an end in two weeks. You have absolutely no chance.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #43
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
At the end of 4 quarters the measurement of a team winning or not winning is points not yards.
Kinda contradicts your delighting in Denver's low defensive rankings earlier this afternoon, doesn't it? Kinda shows what extremes you're going to in order to deny reality about your football team.

Denver, winning in a blowout, gives up large chunks of garbage-time yards and you OL 29th RANKED DEFENSE us.

Kansas City, getting outgained in all the areas by a Bills team with a street quarterback yet gifted two defensive touchdowns and you YARDS DON'T MATTER BIG PLAYS DO us.

Again, don't lose perspective. It will only hurt more when the illusion fades.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #44
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Dear Chiefs Bandwagon: Enjoy your bye week. The whole charade comes to an end in two weeks. You have absolutely no chance.
Will it come to the end? Is the upcoming game some playoff game I was not aware of?
Old 11-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #45
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Kinda contradicts your delighting in Denver's low defensive rankings earlier this afternoon, doesn't it? Kinda shows what extremes you're going to in order to deny reality about your football team.

Denver, winning in a blowout, gives up large chunks of garbage-time yards and you OL 29th RANKED DEFENSE us.

Kansas City, getting outgained in all the areas by a Bills team with a street quarterback yet gifted two defensive touchdowns and you YARDS DON'T MATTER BIG PLAYS DO us.

Again, don't lose perspective. It will only hurt more when the illusion fades.
I was using points per game to laugh at your defense. My whole take is that the Chiefs offense and the Broncos defense are both not that great. The Broncos offense and the Chiefs defense are.

It makes for what is going to be a great football game....

I also think I have been here embracing reality. The reality is the Chiefs are undefeated.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #46
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Will it come to the end? Is the upcoming game some playoff game I was not aware of?
It's going to end the nonsense idea that the Chiefs are even a good team. It'll just take one loss and the whole thing will crumble. Just like our season did after the Ravens crushed us after our six game streak to start 2009. That team faded down the stretch, you will too.

It's far too plain to see for anyone not wearing red.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #47
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
It's going to end the nonsense idea that the Chiefs are even a good team. It'll just take one loss and the whole thing will crumble. Just like our season did after the Ravens crushed us after our six game streak to start 2009. That team faded down the stretch, you will too.

It's far too plain to see for anyone not wearing red.
I have been hearing this song and dance from you guys since our first win. You will have to understand if I don't believe it now.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #48
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
I was using points per game to laugh at your defense. My whole take is that the Chiefs offense and the Broncos defense are both not that great. The Broncos offense and the Chiefs defense are.

I also think I have been here embracing reality. The reality is the Chiefs are undefeated.
There's just one problem bro. Our defense (top 5 last year) has been ****ty because of injuries. KC's offense on the other hand isn't ****ty for that reason.

All our D has lost is Doom and we've gained DRC, Shaun Philips and Knighton. Doom was **** at run stoppage.

Our defense hasn't been great because Von Miller's been out and it's forced us to change our pass rush. Then we lost Wood/Ayers. Champ has been a mess with injuries this year as well.

Last week was rock solid on D. Surprise, surprise, Miller and Wood were starting.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #49
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
There's just one problem bro. Our defense (top 5 last year) has been ****ty because of injuries. KC's offense on the other hand isn't ****ty for that reason.

All our D has lost is Doom and we've gained DRC, Shaun Philips and Knighton. Doom was **** at run stoppage.

Our defense hasn't been great because Von Miller's been out and it's forced us to change our pass rush. Then we lost Wood/Ayers. Champ has been a mess with injuries this year as well.

Last week was rock solid on D. Surprise, surprise, Miller and Wood were starting.
I am sure your excuses can be added up and redeemed at the end of the year for something in the gift shop.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #50
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:

I repeat: 250 yards rushing and 500 yards of total offense to a team quarterbacked by Jeff Tuel.

You squeeked out a victory. Congrats, just don't beat your chest like the W is a testament to your team's abilities.