The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default Obamacare enrollments got off to very slow start, documents show 6 total on the first day. LOL

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...ocuments-show/

Quote:
(CBS News) WASHINGTON - For 31 days now, the Obama administration has been telling us that Americans by the millions are visiting the new health insurance website, despite all its problems.

But no one in the administration has been willing to tell us how many policies have been purchased, and this may be the reason: CBS News has learned enrollments got off to an incredibly slow start.

Early enrollment figures are contained in notes from twice-a-day "war room" meetings convened within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services after the website failed on Oct. 1. They were turned over in response to a document request from the House Oversight Committee.

The website launched on a Tuesday. Publicly, the government said there were 4.7 million unique visits in the first 24 hours. But at a meeting Wednesday morning, the war room notes say "six enrollments have occurred so far."

They were with BlueCross BlueShield North Carolina and Kansas City, CareSource and Healthcare Service Corporation.

By Wednesday afternoon, enrollments were up to "approximately 100." By the end of Wednesday, the notes reflect "248 enrollments" nationwide.

The health care exchanges need to average 39,000 enrollees a day to meet the goal of seven million by March 1. The war room notes give a glimpse into some of the reasons customers had problems:

"Direct enrollment (signing up directly on an insurer's website) is not working for any issuers."
"Experian" credit reporting agency is "creating confusion with credit check information."
"Issuer phone numbers are not appearing correctly on the Pay Now page."
Issa subpoenas Sebelius for HealthCare.gov documents
Sebelius: "Hold me accountable for the debacle" of HealthCare.gov
Complete Coverage: Obamacare Kicks Off

The notes leave no doubt that some enrollment figures, which the administration has chosen to keep secret, are available.

"Statistics coming in," said notes from the very first meeting the morning of Oct. 2. Contractor "QSSI has a daily dashboard created every night."

But head of CMS Marilyn Tavenner would not disclose any figures when Rep. Dave Camp, chair of the House Ways and Means Committee, asked earlier this week.

"Chairman Camp, we will have those numbers available in mid-November," she said.

Health and Human Services told CBS News Thursday it's in no position to confirm or discuss enrollment figures because it doesn't have any. A spokesman suggested the numbers obtained by CBS News may not include all the different ways to enroll, such as paper applications. The spokesman also said that enrollment figures in Massachusetts' health care plan started off negligible but then skyrocketed as a deadline neared.

HealthCare-Gov.pdf by CBSPolitics

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

But it's been such a rousing success, ignore the facts and numbers.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
But it's been such a rousing success, ignore the facts and numbers.
Dem/Libs never let facts get in the way of taking over your life.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm signing up next year in Maine.... Thank you President Obama
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Last I read over 25,000 Washingtonians have signed up for new coverage under Washington State health plan finder. I'm sure the numbers for the national site would be comparable if not for the technical issues.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
Last I read over 25,000 Washingtonians have signed up for new coverage under Washington State health plan finder. I'm sure the numbers for the national site would be comparable if not for the technical issues.
Show me the article.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #7
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Show me the article.
Oops. I was wrong. The number is 49,000.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...umbersxml.html

Yes, most are Medicaid, but...

Quote:
An additional 92,000 Washington residents have completed applications, about 20,000 more than the previous week. Among that group, more than 76,000 are in households in which at least one member is enrolled in a qualified health plan.

Applicants have completed the entire process of enrollment except the final step, providing payment information for the first month’s premium. That payment is not due until Dec. 23.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 11-02-2013 at 12:22 PM..
Old 11-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I find Hobo's obsessive fixation on Obamacare pathetic. It also has a frantic quality to it that is disturbing. It reminds of when you look into Michelle Bachmann's eyes.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Oops. I was wrong. The number is 49,000.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...umbersxml.html

Yes, most are Medicaid, but...
Nice skip...............Moron.

Quote:
Of the 49,000 who have enrolled, nearly 6,400 have signed up for the “qualified health plans” that insurance companies are offering through Healthplanfinder in the individual market. That is an increase of 40 percent over the week before, the exchange noted.

The other 42,000 residents have enrolled in Medicaid coverage.
Obamacare only work when young people pay the high premium to help older people.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I find Hobo's obsessive fixation on Obamacare pathetic. It also has a frantic quality to it that is disturbing. It reminds of when you look into Michelle Bachmann's eyes.
Yep. The righties here are really freaking out, especially Hobo.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Nice skip...............Moron.

Obamacare only work when young people pay the high premium to help older people.
No evidence at all to support that claim. We're early in the process and as the article points out an additional 92K Washington State residents have completed the enrollment process and just need to take the final step.

And the experience in MA was that most people procrastinated until the last moment. You'll see a rush of enrollment as the deadline approaches.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
No evidence at all to support that claim. We're early in the process and as the article points out an additional 92K Washington State residents have completed the enrollment process and just need to take the final step.

And the experience in MA was that most people procrastinated until the last moment. You'll see a rush of enrollment as the deadline approaches.
You want "single payer" go to England and Canada and find out how great it is. Ask the Govenor of Nova Scotia. Its so awesome he came to the US to get heart surgury. dumba$$
Old 11-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #13
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
You want "single payer" go to England and Canada and find out how great it is. Ask the Govenor of Nova Scotia. Its so awesome he came to the US to get heart surgury. dumba$$
. Clueless as always.

Quote:
Over at “Think Progress,” Igor Volksy reports that, while speaking to a crowd in Calgary, Canada last weekend Sarah Palin revealed a tidbit about her life growing up not far from Whitehorse:

“We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada,” she said. “And I think now, isn't that ironic?”

5 Myths About Canada’s Health Care System
The truth may surprise you about international health care

Quote:
To separate fact from fiction, Aaron E. Carroll, M.D., the director of the Center for Health Policy and Professionalism Research in Indianapolis, identified the top myths about the two health care systems.
http://www.aarp.org/politics-society...alth-care.html
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Actually I'm opposed to a single payer system. I think the ACA/Romneycare/Swiss model will prove to be better than both single payer and the mess we've had until now.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Actually I'm opposed to a single payer system. I think the ACA/Romneycare/Swiss model will prove to be better than both single payer and the mess we've had until now.
I see you live in Everett. What do you think of Vashon Island?

Last edited by Rohirrim; 11-02-2013 at 05:06 PM..
Old 11-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #16
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:

So you're disputing your own source? Funny.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I see you live in Everett. What do you think of Vashon Island?
Never been. Is there anything there worth seeing?
Old 11-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
So you're disputing your own source? Funny.
How exactly?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #19
Meck77

The non responses by the obamacare supporters speaks for itself. There is no reason to defend or attack the program. It is what it is.....
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Never been. Is there anything there worth seeing?
We've been throwing around the idea of moving up into that neck of the woods.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #21
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
The non responses by the obamacare supporters speaks for itself. There is no reason to defend or attack the program. It is what it is.....
True, deflect and hope the bad news goes away, just like the child mentality they have for every subject. Their media knows this has got to work, so any and every excuse no matter how weak and stupid it sounds, will be used.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/9218...arney-give-up/

Quote:
This exchange between Jon Karl and Jay Carney can be best described as a complete train wreck. The entire video is worth watching, but things really start to heat up around 2:45.

Jon’s question that sparks it all: How can President Obama claim that people can bypass the marketplace website and apply for insurance by phone in 25 minutes, when the call center employees can’t actually sign anyone up until the website is repaired?

Needless to say, Jay gets more than a little flustered as he tries to give Jon a satisfactory response.

“Jon, I give up,” Carney said, since Karl wouldn’t let up. “I think everybody else here understands what I’m saying. I’m sorry I can’t say the same for you,” Carney snarked.

What White House lackies don’t seem to understand is that their blatantly untrue talking points are no longer working, because literally millions can’t miss how incompetent this administration is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11-4-2013 5-42-04 PM.jpg (26.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 11-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #23
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
I can't understand why the trot someone out there everyday. In my administration we would only talk to those people once a week at least. No more that 3 times.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #24
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I can't understand why the trot someone out there everyday. In my administration we would only talk to those people once a week at least. No more that 3 times.
Get to "single payer. 01/01/2014 Comes you will be fined for not having health insurance. By then people will scream for "single payer". Then we will be really screwed. Lets not forget that the "employeer mandate" has been postponed. They estimate when all the mandates in obamacare are in full effect that 129,000,000 will not be able to keep the health insurance they currently have. That's right 129,000,000 million.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Get to "single payer. 01/01/2014 Comes you will be fined for not having health insurance. By then people will scream for "single payer". Then we will be really screwed. Lets not forget that the "employeer mandate" has been postponed. They estimate when all the mandates in obamacare are in full effect that 129,000,000 will not be able to keep the health insurance they currently have. That's right 129,000,000 million.
While single payer has numerous issues, it would be better than this nonsense.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote