The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
MHCBill
Just Drafted

Default Oline LOVE!!!

They played another heck of a game yesterday. They really have stepped up their game, especially since the talk of Peyton's ankle 3 weeks ago. Between the pass-pro and the run blocking, we really have seen this line gel.

And to think, Ryan Clady is out and we are on our supposed 3rd string center.

Many props to the Oline!!!
MHCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Good post, lurker friend. I totally agree. 0 sacks and only 1 qb hit.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Lurker of the year award.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I find myself thinking, where is Clark going to play next year? Is he just depth? He's played like a starter in this league IMO. I know Manning gets the ball out quickly and it would be different if he was protecting, say, Tannehill, but he's played far better than any of us have any right to have expected.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
Archie
R Gang

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keith Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I find myself thinking, where is Clark going to play next year? Is he just depth? He's played like a starter in this league IMO. I know Manning gets the ball out quickly and it would be different if he was protecting, say, Tannehill, but he's played far better than any of us have any right to have expected.
I think our FO knew this could happen and is why we signed Clark to an extension. We will have a very nice trade opportunity in the off season if we choose to take it.
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie View Post
I think our FO knew this could happen and is why we signed Clark to an extension. We will have a very nice trade opportunity in the off season if we choose to take it.
Definitely. However, quality depth on the line is extremely valuable, obviously. I wonder what we could get out of him.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie View Post
They will have to wait until Clady is back and see if HE can play next year. 50-50 if he can regain his prior ability. Lis Franc requiring surgery to an O lineman is a bad injury.

For now Clark is our starter and will remain so. Also Kudos to the O line and OP.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
TheSheriff18
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This thread seems as good as any to make my first post.

I was a little concerned with the O line after the NE game. We ran great but it seemed like Peyton was getting pressured often. Anybody else feel like that?

Yesterday though the line was money. Allowed him to step up and make throws.

Anyway I'm here on this forum because I grew tired of the main Broncos forum. I guess it's the "official" one. Too many chicken littles. Reading through this forum you guys seem more rationale.
TheSheriff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheriff18 View Post

I was a little concerned with the O line after the NE game. We ran great but it seemed like Peyton was getting pressured often. Anybody else feel like that?

Anyway I'm here on this forum because I grew tired of the main Broncos forum. I guess it's the "official" one. Too many chicken littles. Reading through this forum you guys seem more rationale.
There are many who would beg to differ.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Clark is a great guy to have and a great problem for a team. If Clady is 100% and ready to roll immediately, I could see us trading Clark for a very high pick. Dude could easily start for quite a few teams in the league. However, his cap number is low, so it wouldn't hurt to keep him around in case of injury.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
I find myself thinking, where is Clark going to play next year? Is he just depth?
Clady's lisfranc was serious. Right after the injury happened word on the lightrail was that he would never be the player again. I haven't been on the lightrail since, so I haven't heard any updates.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Dude makes me look like an extrovert
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #13
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Well, we are all just speculating from this point but as I see it - Beadles is in a contract year, and we already signed Clark for 2 years. It might make sense to let our "pro-bowl" Guard go is he wants too much money.

Clady, Clark, Ramirez, Vasquez, and Franklin sounds like a pretty solid line to me.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:

You obviously don't know us...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Yeah you should stay off of here after a loss. Last week we were the worst team in the world according to many here.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah you should stay off of here after a loss. Last week we were the worst team in the world according to many here.
And stay out of the game threads!
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #17
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They played well and opened up running lanes too. I worried with the crowd noise, but they seemed to handle it well. And doing this with multiple starters out as well.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:47 AM   #18
driver
Pro Bowler

Bronco Fan Extrordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Not just after a loss and not just the Mane. I was over in the Northern Hills around Sturgis early morn yesterday. I picked up 1510AM, talk about a bunch of whiney low lives. Listening to them you would've thought we lost by 50 pts.
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:49 AM   #19
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Holy ****. Best 3rd post ever. .5 posts a year is ridiculous.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #20
INbronco
Rookie

Looks like Kuper is done; would be great if Clark could develop into line backup at any position when Clady comes back. Maybe Walton could do same and give us excellent line depth. I still think Peyton is making our line look better than it is. Where would we be if QB was averaging 3.0 to 3.5 seconds to throw? Anyone believe Peyton thinks this also and that's his motivation for fast release? I bet he would go downfield more if he thought they were solid enough to hold for 3.5 sec.
INbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
They will have to wait until Clady is back and see if HE can play next year. 50-50 if he can regain his prior ability. Lis Franc requiring surgery to an O lineman is a bad injury.

For now Clark is our starter and will remain so. Also Kudos to the O line and OP.
This. I don't think Clark is going anywhere dude. He's played RT and now LT for us. Franklin missed games this year and obviously Clady now on IR. Who knows what type of recovery he can make. He has done quite well in regards to healing fast from past injuries so maybe he's got those good genes and can make a full recovery and be close to if not the same as he was before the Lis Franc.

But I think it's safe to say, mostly likely Clark is staying here. I mean, what do you think they could get for him? A 2nd round pick? Who do you think you could draft in the 2nd round that in year 1 could be as effective as Clark has been? Nobody. He's worth more to keep then he would be to trade. It's not like he's making top LT money either. If Clady comes back next year and plays the full season and looks good, then the following year you could deal Clark at that point. But even so, I think the Broncos really like him and will keep him. He's the EXACT type of depth player you LOVE. Somebody who has shown he can start and play well. He's been proven. It's not guess work with him and he's a healthy guy. He's a keeper.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #22
CEH
Ring of Famer

All good up to the point when Manny Rameriz who almost blew the game with his bone head penalty

Had this been a playoff game a single play or penalty to move the team out of FG position could have been the difference and Manning would have been blamed for yet another playoff loss . He was a good 1-2 seconds late after the whistle blew some 30 yards down field.

God I hate dumb penalties
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #23
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

But, but, but.... Hali was hobbled..... But, but, but Houston was out...

Lol.... Chiefs fans
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by randerson1184 View Post
There are many who would beg to differ.
I TOTALLY thought you were referring to the first sentence of his post here.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #25
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Welcome home.

You will no longer need to worry about Alastor.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote