The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #301
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

In the minds of Dem/Libs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (54.4 KB, 64 views)
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #302
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
. Really?!? How many of that 7 million young people? How many actually paid? Show me where they know this information. Can't? Hmmmmmmmmm. Wonder why?
The whole reason the President (illegally) extended the payment deadline was so he could count people who never paid by the understood deadline. The 7 million number is a sham. But it won't much matter as rates start to rise. The trouble with Obamacare is only just beginning.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #303
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The whole reason the President (illegally) extended the payment deadline was so he could count people who never paid by the understood deadline. The 7 million number is a sham. But it won't much matter as rates start to rise. The trouble with Obamacare is only just beginning.
I bet you the next Dm/Lib post will be some number that nobody has verified.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #304
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

15-20 Percent Aren't Paying Obamacare Premiums

One of the biggest players in Obamacare's exchanges says 15 to 20 percent of its new customers aren't paying their first premium—which means they're not actually covered.

The latest data come from the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, whose members—known collectively as "Blues" plans—are participating in the exchanges in almost every state. Roughly 80 to 85 percent of people who selected a Blues plan through the exchanges went on to pay their first month's premium, a BCBSA spokeswoman said Wednesday.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/healt...-says-20140402
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #305
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

The rightwads have nothing but pessimism. As usual.great Americans you guys are
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #306
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Old 04-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #307
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
The rightwads have nothing but pessimism. As usual.great Americans you guys are
But you kind of have to admire their persistence, sadly misplaced though it may be.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #308
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Uh huh. You keep on believing lil' trooper.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #309
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Old 04-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #310
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
In the minds of Dem/Libs
But of course if the initial enrollment fell far short of the WH projections you conservatives would be crowing about it endlessly.

Goalpost moving much?
Old 04-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #311
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
But of course if the initial enrollment fell far short of the WH projections you conservatives would be crowing about it endlessly.

Goalpost moving much?
Just Gloss over YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR. YOU CAN KEEP YOU HEALTH PLAN.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #312
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Just Gloss over YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR. YOU CAN KEEP YOU HEALTH PLAN.
Hey typing in big letters really makes your argument more convincing!

BTW, how much longer do you plan on beating this particular ?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #313
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

at crowing victory because you signed people up. Big deal now you have to give them great medical care without premiums rising like crazy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #314
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
at crowing victory because you signed people up. Big deal now you have to give them great medical care without premiums rising like crazy.
I'm not crowing. I recognize there's lots of work to be done and success is not guaranteed. But it's off to a remarkably good start considering the relentless campaign of propaganda and sabotage by the republicans to sink this legislation. And at this point I think it's safe to say there will be no "death spiral."

And yes, I do think the PPACA will lead to affordable, quality medical care.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:50 AM   #315
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I think it extremely funny that the republicians are whining about keeping your doctor. When I was in the private sector, my companies switched insurance companies a couple of times and sometime my doctor was in the network and sometime he wasn't. Sometime the doctor decided not to be part of that insurance network by himself. It not like with ACA that market decision wouldn't be in play.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #316
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What Obama and the liberal media also won't report is the higher deductibles people have now. So, maybe they can find some whose monthly payment isn't higher, but the deductible is another matter. So it goes back again to "my insurance is great under Obamacare as long as I don't use it." But that won't get reported to the nerds that follow them for their supposed unbiased news. The Obama blind supporters act like bobbleheads. Whatever comes out of the WH, just nod that head and don't even try to see if true. What's worse, is not only being stupid, but being content to stay that way and not try to find any truth in anything other than some bridge story that of course, doesn't involve a democrat. They sure don't act like that when a republican is president. They demand to know any and everything. IRS? Libya? NSA? Obamacare? Fast and Furious? Eh, just believe the WH, nothing to investigate. Pathetic. But the liberals are the intelligent ones, the seekers of truth and justice. Sure.

It's like duh folks, why do you think the insurance companies were all for Obamacare? More people to pay for insurance and also raise the deductible. The best of both worlds for them. Think for a change. Geez. But oh, Obama is going to make insurance companies make things affordable. Yeah, maybe for some as long as they don't use it. That is a great plan. Heck, most of these politicians, including Obama still haven't even read it, especially Pelosi. Why do you think they keep pushing down mandates, which is always magically after elections? But the seeker of truth liberals have decided that is all a coincidence so let's not investigate why since only republicans lie. I guess all of this is really showing even more blatantly clear to those who aren't indoctrinated liberals just how naive and close-minded they are and how the liberal media has been exposed to be the liars that they are and hopefully making people realize how they have treated the news coverage all those years before the internet existed where they suppressed stories that didn't match their agendas and beliefs.

Last edited by barryr; 04-04-2014 at 06:52 AM..
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #317
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I think it extremely funny that the republicians are whining about keeping your doctor. When I was in the private sector, my companies switched insurance companies a couple of times and sometime my doctor was in the network and sometime he wasn't. Sometime the doctor decided not to be part of that insurance network by himself. It not like with ACA that market decision wouldn't be in play.
The main issues are both with the heavily constrained networks and the lack of out-of-network provisions. Most employer coverages offer out of network coverage at a lower rate. The rule of thumb with most of these ACA plans is if you go out of network, you're totally on your own.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #318
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

"The anger is going to grow, because people are really stretched to buy these policies, then they're going to have to reach into their pocket for another five grand before it does anything for them.

For a 40-year-old adult, the average monthly premium for a bronze plan is $295.51 a month, or $3,546 a year ($5000 deductible), according to HealthPocket. A typical silver plan costs $319.42 a month, or $3,833 a year, with a $2,907 deductible.

That doesn't sound too bad until you use the policy.

For example, the patient's typical share of the cost of having a baby through normal delivery -- $6,150, according to one insurer's estimate -- would be almost entirely an out-of-pocket expense for a person holding a bronze policy with the average $5,081 deductible.

http://money.msn.com/health-and-life...9-ac92ee6b222b
Old 04-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #319
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Hey typing in big letters really makes your argument more convincing!

BTW, how much longer do you plan on beating this particular ?
Do you have lip stick? That's an aweful lot of gloss there.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #320
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
"The anger is going to grow, because people are really stretched to buy these policies, then they're going to have to reach into their pocket for another five grand before it does anything for them.

For a 40-year-old adult, the average monthly premium for a bronze plan is $295.51 a month, or $3,546 a year ($5000 deductible), according to HealthPocket. A typical silver plan costs $319.42 a month, or $3,833 a year, with a $2,907 deductible.

That doesn't sound too bad until you use the policy.

For example, the patient's typical share of the cost of having a baby through normal delivery -- $6,150, according to one insurer's estimate -- would be almost entirely an out-of-pocket expense for a person holding a bronze policy with the average $5,081 deductible.

http://money.msn.com/health-and-life...9-ac92ee6b222b

From the same article:

Quote:
Of course, millions of Americans who went without insurance before the health law are in better shape today, despite the high deductibles. They are covered for much of the cost of expensive health care such as cancer treatment or major operations that could be a financial catastrophe for people lacking insurance.

And deductibles had been growing for years. It is unclear how much deductibles would have risen for individually purchased policies if the health law didn't exist. But deductibles for employer-sponsored plans, which generally are much lower than for individually purchased policies, nearly doubled over the past seven years to $1,135 in 2013, according to a Deloitte study published this year.

Meantime, hospitals likely will be treating more people who have insurance than before the law, which means they will be paid by insurers for some services that formerly ended up as bad patient debt.
Don't get me wrong. If this issue becomes a problem then it should be addressed through REFORM of the law. The PPACA was never going to work perfectly right out of the box. Reforms and optimization were always going to be needed.

The problem I have with republicans is that every time there is a potential problem with the PPACA they act as if it's a fatal flaw that can't be fixed. Bull. Reform first. If the law doesn't work as advertised after repeated efforts to reform it then maybe we can talk about full repeal.

And I'm sure any alternate plan the repubs pass would be prefect and without flaws, right?
Old 04-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #321
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
The main issues are both with the heavily constrained networks and the lack of out-of-network provisions. Most employer coverages offer out of network coverage at a lower rate. The rule of thumb with most of these ACA plans is if you go out of network, you're totally on your own.
What employee medical insurance plan offer lower cost out of network
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #322
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
What employee medical insurance plan offer lower cost out of network
I didn't say lower cost.

Most plans do cover out of network. Just not at the same percentage. ACA plans tend to have very restrictive networks and offer zero coverage outside of them.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #323
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
From the same article:

Don't get me wrong. If this issue becomes a problem then it should be addressed through REFORM of the law. The PPACA was never going to work perfectly right out of the box. Reforms and optimization were always going to be needed.

The problem I have with republicans is that every time there is a potential problem with the PPACA they act as if it's a fatal flaw that can't be fixed. Bull. Reform first. If the law doesn't work as advertised after repeated efforts to reform it then maybe we can talk about full repeal.

And I'm sure any alternate plan the repubs pass would be prefect and without flaws, right?
There will need to be reform as far as the high deductibles. I don’t think most buyers that have not had a previous policy realize how a deductible works. These types of policies were sold prior to Obamacare but were called catastrophic policies and they only provided coverage for major health issues. Getting young adults and families to pay $200 to $500 a month for the next 30 years for a policy that doesn’t cover any basic healthcare costs will be a hard pill to swallow. The doctors and hospitals will have to provide service for the policy holders but will be left holding the bag on the deductible bills that are not paid. Will there be reform that will allow for them to require payment in advance until the deductible is reached? That would put us back to square one where people will fill the emergency rooms for their basic healthcare.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #324
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Are you guys seriously proud of this circus you call a party? Are there not other problems that America faces?

House votes to change definition of full-time work, in bid to undercut ObamaCare

House Republicans renewed their election-year assault on President Obama's health care law Thursday, their opposition undimmed just days after Obama celebrated news that more than 7 million Americans had signed up for coverage under the law.

The GOP-led chamber voted 248-179 to change the law's definition of full-time work from 30 hours a week to 40 hours a week. The result would be that fewer workers would get employer-sponsored health coverage and hundreds of thousands more people would be uninsured, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Republicans, backed by the Chamber of Commerce and other business groups, said the change would restore the traditional definition of full-time work while providing needed relief to businesses that are struggling with increased costs from the health care law. Businesses say they are being forced to cut worker hours, limit full-time jobs and drop health coverage because of the law, which requires businesses with 50 or more full-time workers to provide health coverage or pay penalties.

It was the House GOP's 52nd vote to change, repeal or otherwise uproot President Obama's health law, and the measure faced certain death in the Democratic-controlled Senate. Eighteen Democrats joined with all Republicans in approving the bill, named the Save American Workers Act of 2013.

In rancorous debate on the House floor, Democrats accused Republicans of being obsessed with attacking the health law, while Republicans ridiculed Democrats for trying to change what they called a commonly understood definition of full-time work.

"We all know 30 hours isn't full time but that's what Obamacare says," said Rep. Tim Griffin, R-Ark. "Even in France a full-time job is 35 hours a week."

Democrats said the law's 30-hour definition for a full-time workweek was meant to make it harder for employers to avoid covering full-time workers by slightly reducing their hours. Changing the definition to 40 hours would make the requirement virtually meaningless because employers could simply skirt it by knocking full-time workers down to 39-and-a-half hours a week, they said.

"That's a great deal for the CEO of McDonalds," said Rep. George Miller, D-Calif. "But it's a terrible deal for American workers."

The debate came as Republicans press their attacks on the Affordable Care Act as a potent political issue. All sides are looking ahead to November midterm balloting when control of both chambers of Congress is at stake, and Republicans are aiming to retake the Senate. Polls have shown the health law is unpopular, and the GOP's zeal for the issue appeared undiminished by Tuesday's announcement that 7.1 million people have signed up for coverage. That was significantly better than forecast and gave Obama something to boast about after a disastrous rollout.

Still, as they have in the past, some vulnerable Democrats split with their party to vote with the GOP on Thursday, including House members from Arizona, Georgia, Illinois and Utah.

The so-called employer mandate portion of the 4-year-old law has proven a particular headache for supporters, provoking such outcries from business groups that the administration already has delayed it twice. The requirement originally was supposed to take effect in 2014, but the latest delay gave companies with 50 to 99 employees until 2016 to comply, while bigger companies have until next year.

The law requires companies with 50 or more employees working 30 or more hours a week to offer them suitable coverage or pay fines. Small businesses with fewer than 50 workers are exempt. And more than 90 percent of the larger firms already offer health care.

But the mandate still represents a major new government requirement on businesses, and complaints have poured forth from businesses large and small, giving plenty of ammunition to Republicans.

The GOP got more grist last month from a Congressional Budget Office report saying that several million American workers would cut back their hours on the job or leave the workforce because of the health overhaul, in large part to keep their income low to stay eligible for federal health care subsidies or Medicaid.

Republicans said the bill advanced Thursday would repair that problem, but Democrats pointed out that it would mean 1 million fewer people with employer-based coverage, add to the rolls of the uninsured and increase budget deficits, according to Congress' nonpartisan budget scorekeepers

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...cut-obamacare/
Old 04-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #325
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Repubs just trying to protect the 30 hr jobs from becoming 25 hour a week jobs.

No way if you have employees you feel are part time are you going to want to pay them full time bennies. So you just hire 2 more workers and cut everyones hours under 30.

It's not hard to do or figure out.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote