The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #26
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Behavior like that is and WAS absolutely detrimental to the team...

Two part question: When was the last time you saw someone in Orange and Blue behave like that and what is it about Vickerson's play that you're willing to compromise some morality to keep him in the lineup?
1. When one of the OL (was it Nails)? took out a DT's knees on a play when it was clear Plummer was going to spike the ball. There was a huge fight on the field, the DT from the Chargers was still pissed off next year. I think the guy ended going on IR with a busted knee and wasn't the same player again.

2. I'm not compromising my morality - just yours!
But seriously, Vickerson doesn't have a previous history of being a dirty player. He gets a 2nd chance in my book. Obviously if he does it again, then that's a different matter.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #27
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I didn't think that was second chance material at all. Guess there's the difference.
Fair enough.

Be interesting to see if the ginger hammer calls it out. It wasn't against a high profile player (QB), so I'm guessing no.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #28
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

George Foster and jamaal williams.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #29
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

All I can say Rev is that Vickerson is playing well, even if it's for 1/3 of the plays. There are no real stats to measure a DT beasting against the OL taking up 2 linemen and allowing LB's to run free. Vince Wilfork never had beast stats but you could tell he was an important part of the success for the Pats defense. I'm in no way saying Vickerson is as good as Wilfork, but he's playing really solid none the less. And as somebody else pointed out, who knows what happened. Maybe that OLmen did something to him and he was retaliating. I don't know. If Sly was playing great, maybe he would't be starting. But the team did think he was playing good enough and is important enough to have signed him again. That's says something about they guy. I don't think the Broncos have any problems with dirty players. Nobody on our team has a "reputation" as being dirty. I think this was a one time thing and again, who knows if he was provoked or not. And thanks for coming down this road. It was fun no?
Old 10-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #30
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

scio me nihil scire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Definitely could have used Chris there to tone down the Shanny nob polishing I knew would happen the moment I heard TJ introduce only Rev and SoCal, but whatcha gonna do…

Good analysis as usual, thanks guys!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

I think we needed Champ on ST's because we lost a gunner like Willis last year. Not that Willis was a great offensive WR but he was great on ST's. Sounds like they wanted Champs ability to run and make tackles to limit returns.

Mike Anderson was lost for the year in the 4th quarter of a PS game but star players contribute on ST's.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #32
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

I agree Duke and Safety coverage has been crap.

I hope that Champ can get close to 100% for kFc game even if it is only a rotation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: