The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 37 - @ Indianapolis

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/116641963"></iframe>

Download link right here ^^^^^^^
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Nice, switched to soundcloud. Ill listen later tonight.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Really sorry I couldn't participate this time guys. I was ready the last two weeks. We had company over his week.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Really sorry I couldn't participate this time guys. I was ready the last two weeks. We had company over his week.

You'll be happy I'm sure that I pointed out that your claim that Shanny "always has that glare" is completely false.

You were missed tho.....
Old 10-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #5
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Thanks for another great podcast folks. Thought you did a great job, especially with Kaylore out.

On the pass protection stuff, one way to slow that down is to stop putting the offense pinned right back deep into our own half.

It was so damn frustrating watching Colquitt go 4-5 punts 35, 38 yards in the air (which is ridiculous by any standard) giving the Colts excellent field position only for them to punt and pin us deep in our own half right up against the end zone.

That field position always invites more aggressive pass rush because Defenses have a lot more field to play with and will attack knowing they can give up a quick couple of first downs when Denver has the length of the field to march down.

Last edited by fontaine; 10-23-2013 at 03:29 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 03:32 AM   #6
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I only got through half of this tonight.

A few comments:

Don't agree with the comment you would rather not have Vickerson on this team. The dude made some really bad decisions this game and he had one dirty play. I've never seen him do this before and I think calling for his head after 1 time is kinda ridiculous

The trade Decker comments - it's not even an option really. He's on a rookie contract still, doesn't make huge bucks. There's no real options for trading him because the same quality player you're looking to get back would probably have a much larger contract.

I agree with wanting more screens. I've been saying this for several weeks now and I think it will help quite bit. It's a low risk play and it WILL slow down the pass rush.

You guys mentioned in regards to the OL that we'll be getting some guys back. Franklin is really the only one. There's nobody else coming back, besides Walton but Manram has been pretty solid so far so we're really not getting "guys" back. We're getting "a guy back". I do agree though, I think the Franklin injury affected the OL play quite a bit because you've now shuffled things quite a bit moving 2 players on the right side. Not to mention, the accumulative affect of all the OL injuries (2 tackles, 2 centers).

Thanks for the effort - was fun to listen to. Will try to catch the 2nd half tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #7
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Once again, thanks for doing this gents. I look forward to listening in.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:49 AM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Thanks for another great podcast folks. Thought you did a great job, especially with Kaylore out.

On the pass protection stuff, one way to slow that down is to stop putting the offense pinned right back deep into our own half.

It was so damn frustrating watching Colquitt go 4-5 punts 35, 38 yards in the air (which is ridiculous by any standard) giving the Colts excellent field position only for them to punt and pin us deep in our own half right up against the end zone.

That field position always invites more aggressive pass rush because Defenses have a lot more field to play with and will attack knowing they can give up a quick couple of first downs when Denver has the length of the field to march down.
Interesting. I was so preoccupied with everything else and he's been so consistently automatic, I didn't even notice Colquitt having a poor game.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #9
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Don't agree with the comment you would rather not have Vickerson on this team. The dude made some really bad decisions this game and he had one dirty play. I've never seen him do this before and I think calling for his head after 1 time is kinda ridiculous
**** Vickerson.

That filth belongs in Detroit.

Quote:
You guys mentioned in regards to the OL that we'll be getting some guys back. Franklin is really the only one. There's nobody else coming back, besides Walton but Manram has been pretty solid so far so we're really not getting "guys" back. We're getting "a guy back". I do agree though, I think the Franklin injury affected the OL play quite a bit because you've now shuffled things quite a bit moving 2 players on the right side. Not to mention, the accumulative affect of all the OL injuries (2 tackles, 2 centers)
Depth prevents guys from playing out of position.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Sweet! Love the podcasts. I've got some spreadsheets to compile and 150 line government forms to fill out this morning. I know what I'll be listening to while I push paperwork!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The trade Decker comments...
Did someone seriously suggest this?
Old 10-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #12
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Nice Job guys I pretty much agree with all points. As far as the guys for trading Decker let me guess that they are the same guys who wanted to cut Manning and Von.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #13
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Come on Kaylore, you know your voice gives Rev the necessary "vigor" to make sweet love to his girl.

Every time you skip out on a podcast, a girl gets mediocre sexy time. Do it for her.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #14
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Nice Job guys I pretty much agree with all points. As far as the guy for trading Decker let me guess that he is the same guy who wanted to cut Manning and Von.
FYP
Old 10-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Interesting. I was so preoccupied with everything else and he's been so consistently automatic, I didn't even notice Colquitt having a poor game.
I was wrong, it was just two short punts. I guess my rage blinded me during the game.

But two were bad enough.

4-10-DEN 20 (5:02) 4-B.Colquitt punts 37 yards to IND 43, Center-46-A.Brewer, fair catch by 13-T.Hilton.

4-10-DEN 20 (1:44) 4-B.Colquitt punts 39 yards to IND 41, Center-46-A.Brewer. 13-T.Hilton to 50 for 9 yards (84-J.Tamme).

37/39 yards in the air? GTFO Colquitt.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Thanks for the shout out, SoCal. Good job short staffed too.

This coming game is the type of game I usually expect Shanahan to find a way to win. The only problem is it's Manning, and he historically cuts Shanahan teams to ribbons in embarrassing and often historic fashion.

And I agree on Vickerson.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I hate centurylink. But... I did get it fixed just as the podcast started. So clearly Tj is afraid of my brilliance. I am on next week, even if I have to pirate my neighbors wifi.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #18
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
he has not been very good this year. It's a good thing he got paid this offseason.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...ssAvgPuntYards
Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

You guys who would simply cut Vick for a single boneheaded moment are CLEARLY showing why you could never make it as a front man in any NFL office. You can't simply wear your emotions on your sleeve and act upon them like a 10 year old boy who just had his ball taken away. If Vickerson was a repeat offender of playing dirty, I could see your point. We're all human and sometimes being ultra competitive gets the best of us. Vickerson is a really really good player for us and he's never done things like this in the past that I was aware of. That does NOT get you kicked off a team and you guys are clearly overreacting. You say, I'd rather lose then have a guy like that on the team. Well you wouldn't have the job of GM long if you always made decisions like that because you would lose so often you'd be out of that job in a year. Bad call dudes. Just bad.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

excellent show as always. Hey can someone maybe get drunk and eat bananas next time. I am doing a comparative analysis of your show and Brandon's and I think that if you all are also drunk eating bananas it will make it more valid.

No, but seriously, good show. I agree on most all of it except maybe that Kahn is wrong about anything.

I think as fans we've gotten a tad spoiled. I suppose the meltdown shouldn't be a surprise after a loss given how much b****ing was done when we tragically won by 16 points in the prior game.

And seriously, I know Decker is a diva, but why are we even talking on the Mane or anywhere else about trading him. Yes, I give you that that idiotic nonsense of looking for a penalty call in about every game is tedious, but having said that, I would take that drama over say the I beats my woman drama everyday. Though Khan says a good beating now and then is part of God's plan. Then he tells me to make a sammich.

Still could be worse, the Mane could've melted down and asked to trading Peyton. I was almost expecting it. Actually come to think of it, there was a lot of stuff about him looking old, checking his eyes, his weak arm and there was yet another Cutler thread, maybe people think we should trade back? Though come to think of it that thread would be hysterical in the epicness of the tantrums it would start. hmm...there is a pot that requires stirring...excuse me.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #21
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You guys who would simply cut Vick for a single boneheaded moment are CLEARLY showing why you could never make it as a front man in any NFL office. You can't simply wear your emotions on your sleeve and act upon them like a 10 year old boy who just had his ball taken away. If Vickerson was a repeat offender of playing dirty, I could see your point. We're all human and sometimes being ultra competitive gets the best of us. Vickerson is a really really good player for us and he's never done things like this in the past that I was aware of. That does NOT get you kicked off a team and you guys are clearly overreacting. You say, I'd rather lose then have a guy like that on the team. Well you wouldn't have the job of GM long if you always made decisions like that because you would lose so often you'd be out of that job in a year. Bad call dudes. Just bad.
It's not wearing your emotions on your sleeve, genius. It's an ethical decision based on a player not only trying to injure another player, but literally costing the Broncos the game by extending not one but TWO drives for the Colts.

By all means, continue to cry all you want though.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I hate centurylink. But... I did get it fixed just as the podcast started. So clearly Tj is afraid of my brilliance. I am on next week, even if I have to pirate my neighbors wifi.

Sorry about that. I got wrapped up in the podcast and didn't even see you join...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
It's not wearing your emotions on your sleeve, genius. It's an ethical decision based on a player not only trying to injure another player, but literally costing the Broncos the game by extending not one but TWO drives for the Colts.

By all means, continue to cry all you want though.
Oh I see. I disagree with something you say and explain in a civil way as to why and you throw out the cry card. Cmon Rev. I said I enjoyed the show, you guys brought up alot of great points. I disagree when it comes to the Vickerson thing and you're gonna tell me I'm just crying. Do you or do you not want us to comment on the show. That means the good and the bad. We're not just here to praise you for a job well done. We're here to give our thoughts on the show. It's kinda fun, I enjoy hearing you guys go back and forth on different topics. But when somebody doesn't agree with 1 thing you say, you can't pull out the cry card. I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you. We'll just leave it as we see differently on the Vickerson issue. He wasn't the reason we lost the game. He contributed to it, but so did alot of other people.

Look forward to the next show.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Oh I see. I disagree with something you say and explain in a civil way as to why and you throw out the cry card. Cmon Rev. I said I enjoyed the show, you guys brought up alot of great points. I disagree when it comes to the Vickerson thing and you're gonna tell me I'm just crying. Do you or do you not want us to comment on the show. That means the good and the bad. We're not just here to praise you for a job well done. We're here to give our thoughts on the show. It's kinda fun, I enjoy hearing you guys go back and forth on different topics. But when somebody doesn't agree with 1 thing you say, you can't pull out the cry card. I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you. We'll just leave it as we see differently on the Vickerson issue. He wasn't the reason we lost the game. He contributed to it, but so did alot of other people.

Look forward to the next show.
No, I'm saying you're making an awfully big deal about disagreeing with one detail of an hour long show and it makes you sound like a huge baby.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
No, I'm saying you're making an awfully big deal about disagreeing with one detail of an hour long show and it makes you sound like a huge baby.
A huge baby? Really? Commenting twice on something, especially here, hardly qualifies as making an awfully big deal of something. I've seen disagreements go literally pages long here at the mane. I already said it's ok for us to disagree. Now you're throwing the baby card out there. Man you're sensitive dude. But hey, whatever man. I'll be sure in the future to only comment about things I agree with. If I disagree then I'll just keep that to myself. Censorship at it's finest.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: