The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #151
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
ANNNNNND on cue kc gets another 3rd string QB to play against, Jason Campbell. He was awful for Chicago, so I'll predict a 14-9 Chiefs win.

This year, Eli is a bottom 5 qb. No question. He looks terrible. O-line isn't throwing all those picks, and Minnesota dropped at least one pick 6 I can remember from Monday.
I don't think you realize how awful "bottom 5" is in today's NFL.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #152
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
ANNNNNND on cue kc gets another 3rd string QB to play against, Jason Campbell. He was awful for Chicago, so I'll predict a 14-9 Chiefs win.

This year, Eli is a bottom 5 qb. No question. He looks terrible. O-line isn't throwing all those picks, and Minnesota dropped at least one pick 6 I can remember from Monday.
I think the chiefs are setting a record for number of back up QBs played against
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #153
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
I don't think you realize how awful "bottom 5" is in today's NFL.
Ill bite.

Freeman
Browns QB situation
Palmer
Henne
Whoever the Rams trot out

Ok maybe 6th, but we are arguing over semantics here. Am I missing someone? I'll reserve judgement on McCown in Chicago, he looked serviceable Sunday from what I saw and what the Chicago sports radio "gurus" say (I live in Chicagoland).
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #154
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I think the chiefs are setting a record for number of back up QBs played against
What I love is, when it's us they would say "they have played cupcakes" and if it's them they say "we are beating the teams we are supposed to beat".

I mean we only beat Jax by 19 man, we suck.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #155
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013...gs-week-7.html

The Kansas City Chiefs may be the NFLís lone undefeated team, but their eighth place ranking is an embodiment of how the fundamental factors that determine who wins football games have changed. Overall, the Chiefs possess the top-ranked defense and 26th-ranked offense. The Broncos, angling to become the first 14-2 fifth-seed ever, are the exact opposite, with the top-ranked offense and 26th-ranked defense. That Denver is second and has a GWP 11 percentage points higher illustrates how a prolific passing game is the ultimate trump card.
Ummm...what? I think someone just crowned the Chiefs. As Lee Corso says, "Not so fast, my friend." We still see the Chiefs twice...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #156
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ill bite.

Freeman
Browns QB situation
Palmer
Henne
Whoever the Rams trot out

Ok maybe 6th, but we are arguing over semantics here. Am I missing someone? I'll reserve judgement on McCown in Chicago, he looked serviceable Sunday from what I saw and what the Chicago sports radio "gurus" say (I live in Chicagoland).
You'd be closer if maybe you said Eli was 'playing like' a bottom 5 QB this year. But there's no way, if you were building a team you'd take anything resembling 20 other QB's before Eli.

Shaub's been awful. Almost as awful as his replacement. Then there's the Tampa leftovers. Terrell Pryor? Buffalo? I guess EJ is hurt, but still, no one in his right mind would even pick up EJ over Eli.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #157
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You'd be closer if maybe you said Eli was 'playing like' a bottom 5 QB this year. But there's no way, if you were building a team you'd take anything resembling 20 other QB's before Eli.

Shaub's been awful. Almost as awful as his replacement. Then there's the Tampa leftovers. Terrell Pryor? Buffalo? I guess EJ is hurt, but still, no one in his right mind would even pick up EJ over Eli.
I would take EJ over Eli to start a franchise right now. Eli had a load of talent around him to win 2 super bowls. He is game manager. Besides that, if I am starting a team, I need to think 5-10 years in advance, and I am very impressed with EJ both in college and his limited pro sample size. Eli's best days are behind him. Schaub isn't a starter and I really like Keenum. I like Pryor's potential. Give him a decent offensive line and wait to see what happens. Glennon I'll give you.

Again, you could only name 4 other situations, which still puts him bottom 10 i the league. I don't know why you are so hell bent on defending Eli? He has been awful this year.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #158
Ingame
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Maybe Manning should sit until the KC game to prevent injury? After he got hit last game it looked like he was throwing water balloons.
Ingame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #159
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I would take EJ over Eli to start a franchise right now. Eli had a load of talent around him to win 2 super bowls. He is game manager. Besides that, if I am starting a team, I need to think 5-10 years in advance, and I am very impressed with EJ both in college and his limited pro sample size. Eli's best days are behind him. Schaub isn't a starter and I really like Keenum. I like Pryor's potential. Give him a decent offensive line and wait to see what happens. Glennon I'll give you.

Again, you could only name 4 other situations, which still puts him bottom 10 i the league. I don't know why you are so hell bent on defending Eli? He has been awful this year.
I could name more. Because I'd still take Eli over many of the QB's who are statistically 'outplaying' him this year as well. His OL is garbage. He's getting beat to ****. The RB situation has been a steaming pile.

But you said all you needed to say. Eli could play like this all year and I'd still take him over someone like EJ. The guy's only 32. It's a little early to be acting like he'll never be the same again.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #160
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I could name more. Because I'd still take Eli over many of the QB's who are statistically 'outplaying' him this year as well. His OL is garbage. He's getting beat to ****. The RB situation has been a steaming pile.

But you said all you needed to say. Eli could play like this all year and I'd still take him over someone like EJ. The guy's only 32. It's a little early to be acting like he'll never be the same again.
It's kind of like Brady this year. He has garbage numbers and on paper is performing worse than almost every QB going right now. Yet everyone would still take him ahead of all but a handful of QBs.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #161
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingame View Post
Maybe Manning should sit until the KC game to prevent injury? After he got hit last game it looked like he was throwing water balloons.
He did, and im concerned about that.

Know the saddest part? It was still better than any game Alex Smith had this season. Chew on that.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #162
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
It's kind of like Brady this year. He has garbage numbers and on paper is performing worse than almost every QB going right now. Yet everyone would still take him ahead of all but a handful of QBs.
Exactly. Although to be fair Brady's not leading the league in INT's, which is why everyone's so down on Eli all the sudden.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #163
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Know the saddest part? It was still better than any game Alex Smith had this season. Chew on that.
Your OL is weak. You played. Dominant pass rusher and he owned you. Can't imagine what 2 pass rushers on pace to get 20 sacks and a NT on pace to get 10 will do to that OL.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #164
Ingame
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Alex Smith 7-0
Peyton Manning 6-1

Chew Chew Chew
Ingame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #165
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Alex Smith 7-0
Peyton Manning 6-1

Chew Chew Chew
Lol, you act like you won the super bowl. You've beat a bunch of ****ty ass teams, congrats.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #166
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Alex Smith 7-0
Peyton Manning 6-1

Chew Chew Chew
your head coach is fat

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #167
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Your OL is weak. You played. Dominant pass rusher and he owned you. Can't imagine what 2 pass rushers on pace to get 20 sacks and a NT on pace to get 10 will do to that OL.
Even with our OL health problems, nobody has taken less sacks than PM. He has half as many sacks as Professor Dinkendunk over there in Uncle Ricosburgh.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #168
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You keep saying that even though thats not part of the conversation. If everyone is healthy, we'll score. We might not score 40, but we'll score. Will you score? Hmmm.

Plus, by the time we play you, our right tackle will be back
Old 10-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #169
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Alex Smith 7-0
Peyton Manning 6-1

Chew Chew Chew
You guys win in spite of Smith, he was trying as hard as he could last week to give the game to Houston.

But enjoy this while it lasts.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #170
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Lets look at the records of the teams kFc has faced

Jag's 0-7
Cowboys 4-3 - just above .500
Eagles 3-4
Giants 0-6 leading in the game but still winless as of this post
Raiders 2-4
Texans 2-5

It is week 7 and the teams kFc has faced only have a total of 11 wins and 29 losses.

You still have to face both us and SD 2 times each, Oakland on the road, 5 of your last 9 on the road.

If you had a vertical passing game that pressed teams downfield and someone who could spell Charles then I would admit you have a 13-3 contender. But you don't.

You face teams struggling to find QB's, starting RB's leave games early, your going to face the Colts without Wayne. Sure luck is a by-product of execution but until they do it against real competition I do not fear losing the division to you.
Here will be the teams that KC has played with that teams 2nd or 3rd string QB, i would say they have a week schedule.

Tennessee (had to come back against Fitzpatrick who is garbage)
Houston (almost lost against a 3rd string rookie in his first ever NFL start)
Cleveland (weeden was beaten out by that other guy until he got hurt. Weeden is technically second string even though he used to be their first stringer)
Buffalo (waaiiiiiittt a second, they had to pull a guy from their practice squad who is 5th string. If Thad can beat the Chiefs they are a joke)
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #171
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Here will be the teams that KC has played with that teams 2nd or 3rd string QB, i would say they have a week schedule.

Tennessee (had to come back against Fitzpatrick who is garbage)
Houston (almost lost against a 3rd string rookie in his first ever NFL start)
Cleveland (weeden was beaten out by that other guy until he got hurt. Weeden is technically second string even though he used to be their first stringer)
Buffalo (waaiiiiiittt a second, they had to pull a guy from their practice squad who is 5th string. If Thad can beat the Chiefs they are a joke)
And i forgot Chadd Henne on the Jags, although thats a wash, he is better than Blain Gabbart and the Jags are so bad anyway.

Denver has not faced 1 backup QB.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #172
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
And i forgot Chadd Henne on the Jags, although thats a wash, he is better than Blain Gabbart and the Jags are so bad anyway.

Denver has not faced 1 backup QB.
You're still giving them too much credit. Denver played Jacksonville WITH Blackmon. That's a burden the Chiefs didn't have to face...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #173
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

KC reminds me of the Kyle Boller Ravens. Even 2005 Broncos that will train wreck when facing a team that can actually put points on the board.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #174
fxblitz
Just Drafted

Well Rounded

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
KC reminds me of the Kyle Boller Ravens. Even 2005 Broncos that will train wreck when facing a team that can actually put points on the board.
Not to mention all the breaks going their way. I was thinking the same thing, our defense was mostly smoke and mirrors, and when it came down to it so was our offense at that time.
fxblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #175
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Interesting point.

IMO you guys remind me of the 03 Chiefs. Good offense, good ST's and a D that can't stop anybody
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote