The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #126
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

KC has most of their hardest games at home. They lead the league in facing backup QB's or 1st start QB's. They are doing good I'll give them that but, need to see more. Turnarounds are easier with the bar set so low and a good D in place if you pick right HC.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-22-2013 at 07:56 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #127
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
And that team should've been in the Super Bowl if it wasn't for their **** punt returner.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #128
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Lets see the Chiefs health after 16 games. Players are going down left and right. So far the Chiefs have had good luck.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #129
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Again, I expect their defense to come down a little, just like our offense will/has.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to maintain that level of dominance, for both teams.
In the end, our defense, barring injuries, should be able to hold its own in the playoffs and the offense will be able to score points when needed. Add an exceptional special teams unit, a good playoff team. People want to say the Broncos choked against the Ravens. The Broncos lost by 3 points to the eventual Super Bowl Champs, and had the lead with under a minute to go. A damn good team.

The Chiefs, squeaking out wins, I really think teams will start to catch some breaks and you could see some of these weaker teams getting a win off the Chiefs. Any team that has a decent defense can keep it a game if they don't commit dumb turnovers/penalties. That is why I say the Browns and Bills could possibly upset the Chiefs. Both have good defenses that could cause problems, add in no turnovers, they might surprise. Key word, MIGHT.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #130
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think when you win 7 out of the gates....and have 9 left, that at worst you'd have to say that they go 5-4. Therefore....I'd say 12-4 or 13-3.

The Chiefs are a solid all around football team.....their weakness is the passing game. Ours is our defense. I'm betting that we improve our defense....and they don't improve their passing game.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #131
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
I'm not convinced. Dominant defenses don't give up near 300 yards to an un-drafted rookie QB in his first game. You're very good, but not great.

And the problem with your statement is you don't have an average offense.

I concede the Broncos defense isn't very good, but they will get better as Von Miller gets into NFL shape.

A rookie with no NFL tape...so we had no idea what to expect. He did all that in the first half. He didn't do crap after we made adjustments. ATM we have the best pass rush ever recorded so get that crap outta here.

Our offense is average. It will get better and better. It has been getting better. Your offense, however, has peaked.

What has miller been doing then? Taking more drugs? Lying to the NFL? SMH
ChiefsKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:08 AM   #132
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You have an above avg pass rush, you are 20th vs the run and it would be worse if some bad teams with bad QB's were not behind late in games.

Our Pass yards may stink but we are #1 overall vs the run, your Team isn't #1 vs anything.

At some point as the season goes on your going to need to stop the run. Houston would have run late in the game if Tate were not hurt and Foster not out.

Dominat means your the best at something, kFc is good at rushing the passer which translates to top 5 vs the pass but it is not because you have a great secondary.

Top 5 overall is pretty good but it week 7 and look at who you have played. I would pissed if my team wasn't that good vs that kind of lame competition.
Hey moron. #1 in PPG..the only stat that matters. Also #1 in sacks. #1 in #3rd downs. Come on man. Our rushing stats are all screwed because of the game against Philly...we have shut everyone else down. The reason your rush defense is so good is because nobody runs on you. They think they have to pass against you.

Our secondary is bomb dude. Elite. We have a great pass rush because our secondary is so good. We have a great secondary because our pass rush is so bomb.

Y'all have played 2 different teams than us. So that statement means balls. And your defense has still sucked. 19 to Jacksonville at home? We gave up 2 on the road, and that was a special teams failure. 23 to the Giants at home? We gave up 7. 48 to Dallas? We gave up 17. You would have lost that game if Romo had not stepped on his linemens foot.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #133
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I think when you win 7 out of the gates....and have 9 left, that at worst you'd have to say that they go 5-4. Therefore....I'd say 12-4 or 13-3.

The Chiefs are a solid all around football team.....their weakness is the passing game. Ours is our defense. I'm betting that we improve our defense....and they don't improve their passing game.
Really? Youngest line in the NFL? New quarterback? New head coach? New scheme? Chemistry will improve. Didn't you guys only win 1 of your first 3 games last year? Yup. Saying we wont improve is straight disrespect. And stupidity.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #134
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsKingdom View Post
A rookie with no NFL tape...so we had no idea what to expect. He did all that in the first half. He didn't do crap after we made adjustments. ATM we have the best pass rush ever recorded so get that crap outta here.

Our offense is average. It will get better and better. It has been getting better. Your offense, however, has peaked.
Most weeks KC's offense has been getting worse, and not better so dunno what you're talking about.

From what I saw there were receivers open all game long and KC. The only adjustments KC made were heavy blitzes, when it was very apparent their four man rush wasn't getting to the QB. Again, talented QB's will make KC pay heavily for doing that. But celebrate your 1 point win at home, against a #3 qb that has never started in the NFL before.

And yeah, Von Miller took pot and other recreational drugs and lied about it. He's a terrible human being obviously.

Thinking that Peyton Manning has peaked and Alex Smith is going to get a lot better, is incredibly stupid on so many levels.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #135
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Really? Youngest line in the NFL? New quarterback? New head coach? New scheme? Chemistry will improve. Didn't you guys only win 1 of your first 3 games last year? Yup. Saying we wont improve is straight disrespect. And stupidity.
You're more likely to decline then improve. Especially defensively
Old 10-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #136
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You're more likely to decline then improve. Especially defensively

That's not what you said. Or whoever said it.

Last edited by ChiefsKingdom; 10-23-2013 at 02:04 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #137
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Most weeks KC's offense has been getting worse, and not better so dunno what you're talking about.

From what I saw there were receivers open all game long and KC. The only adjustments KC made were heavy blitzes, when it was very apparent their four man rush wasn't getting to the QB. Again, talented QB's will make KC pay heavily for doing that. But celebrate your 1 point win at home, against a #3 qb that has never started in the NFL before.

And yeah, Von Miller took pot and other recreational drugs and lied about it. He's a terrible human being obviously.

Thinking that Peyton Manning has peaked and Alex Smith is going to get a lot better, is incredibly stupid on so many levels.

The line was twice as good this week against a great defensive line. So improvement there. Bowe was getting the ball more so improvement there. The point is we don't need to score 40 a game to win. You guys do. Wouldn't be surprised to see Washington score 40 on that joke of a defense.

I'll take a win over a los any day. So enjoy your loss and look up to us in the standings.

This has been Mannings best year. He is 37. He finally played a decent defense. There is no evidence he gets better dude.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:23 AM   #138
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I'll take a win over a los any day. So enjoy your loss and look up to us in the standings.
Just say "scoreboard," it'll save you a lot of time typing. Congrats on your October Super Bowl. When KC plays some real teams, game is going to be over before the 4th quarter starts.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #139
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:

What has miller been doing then? Taking more drugs? Lying to the NFL? SMH

Your offense that is getting better scored 17 at home..........

Your defense is stacking its numbers against chumps and rejects at QB...........

How mnay times did prior run in circles backwards for ya ?

Your defense is overated and will be called out on the 17th ?

Any of smart mouths grow a set I'll bet on it...................

Last edited by Jetmeck; 10-23-2013 at 05:41 AM..
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #140
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Need to see them face a quality QB before I deem their D great.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #141
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
The line was twice as good this week against a great defensive line. So improvement there. Bowe was getting the ball more so improvement there. The point is we don't need to score 40 a game to win. You guys do. Wouldn't be surprised to see Washington score 40 on that joke of a defense.

This has been Mannings best year. He is 37. He finally played a decent defense. There is no evidence he gets better dude.

Homer vision...........I watch every one of your games............

You had two drives.............two..............lol

How impressive is that...............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #142
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Blaine Gabbert
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Terell Pryor
Eli Manning
Case Kenum

These are literally the worst qbs in the league
Or in the case of Pryor and Kenum guys who had practically no playing experience

The only qb they have played who didn't suck was Romo
That was a quality win

They are doing the same thing they did in 2010
Playing mistake free football and benefitting from a cupcake schedule against horrible qbs

Granted their defense is definitely better
But their offense might actually be worse than the Cassel led one in 2010

The back end of their schedule consists of Peyton Manning twice, Philip Rivers twice, Robert Griffin, and Andrew Luck

We will get a much better idea of just how good their defense is in the second half of the season
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #143
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Eli Manning
Nitpicking here but Eli isn't one of the worst QB's in the league. He's had a tough year but I think a lot of that has to do with his OL being in shambles and their running back situation not being very good, among other things.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #144
Gelding Horse
Chefs Fan

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
They're naturally excited. I will say that most of the Chief fans that I know in real life, are much more pessimistic about KC's chances, even if they are excited about the team.
I would change the word "pessimistic" to "realistic", but other than that, a pretty accurate statement. The shocking thing here in KC is how the media is on the bandwagon. Even in some pretty decent previous years they have been brutal on the Chiefs. I think there was disdain for the two previous GM's...Dorsey seems to be well liked by the media.
Gelding Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #145
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013...gs-week-7.html

The Kansas City Chiefs may be the NFL’s lone undefeated team, but their eighth place ranking is an embodiment of how the fundamental factors that determine who wins football games have changed. Overall, the Chiefs possess the top-ranked defense and 26th-ranked offense. The Broncos, angling to become the first 14-2 fifth-seed ever, are the exact opposite, with the top-ranked offense and 26th-ranked defense. That Denver is second and has a GWP 11 percentage points higher illustrates how a prolific passing game is the ultimate trump card.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #146
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Lets see the Chiefs health after 16 games. Players are going down left and right. So far the Chiefs have had good luck.
This is a huge factorbin suc
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #147
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Nitpicking here but Eli isn't one of the worst QB's in the league. He's had a tough year but I think a lot of that has to do with his OL being in shambles and their running back situation not being very good, among other things.
this year Eli has been terrible

On pace for like 40 INTs
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #148
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ANNNNNND on cue kc gets another 3rd string QB to play against, Jason Campbell. He was awful for Chicago, so I'll predict a 14-9 Chiefs win.

This year, Eli is a bottom 5 qb. No question. He looks terrible. O-line isn't throwing all those picks, and Minnesota dropped at least one pick 6 I can remember from Monday.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #149
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
This is a huge factorbin suc
que?
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #150
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
this year Eli has been terrible
Yes, which is why I specifically said "he's had a tough year". My point is I don't think he's nearly as bad as he's looked.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote