The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #101
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsKingdom View Post
Give us respect then.
I don't believe thinking the Broncos are better then the Chiefs is a lack of respect
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #102
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Give us respect then.
When havent I? Ive given your team respect, i just dont give YOU respect. That said, I think they're a playoff loss waiting to happen. The Chiefs win when everything goes right, and against inferior teams they've been able to do that (and some good luck). Eventually one of two things will happen ...they'll level out toward the mean or good teams will expose them more.

They are a good team, i dont think they are a great team.

For the record, I dont think we are either, but i think the potential for us to be is there.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #103
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
When havent I? Ive given your team respect, i just dont give YOU respect. That said, I think they're a playoff loss waiting to happen. The Chiefs win when everything goes right, and against inferior teams they've been able to do that (and some good luck). Eventually one of two things will happen ...they'll level out toward the mean or good teams will expose them more.

They are a good team, i dont think they are a great team.

For the record, I dont think we are either, but i think the potential for us to be is there.
See. You just assume out defense is gonna fall off. It won't. So you are not respecting our defense. Our offense will be twice as good by the end of the season. All we needed was a coach who knew how to plan and a quarterback who didn't throw it to the other team. We got that and more. Respect.
ChiefsKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #104
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Our offense will be twice as good by the end of the season.
You absolutely can not prove that. You CAN NOT tell me it has improved 1% from week 1.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #105
Gelding Horse
Chefs Fan

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
It is different in that we played @NE, vs Baltimore, and @ Indy whereas you play @ Buffalo, vs Cleveland, and vs. Indy. Also, we won't get the Titans backup, and we may not get Houston's third string QB. So in the end, yes our schedule is more difficult. But it is what it is.
Fitzpatrick for us was always like playing Elway in his prime. Keenum played better than Schaub. For you guys; NE is very beatable, you played Baltimore at a good time (still a good win) and Indy was just a bad combination of road and Manning distraction. In the end, the biggest advantage for the Chiefs is playing Indy @ home.
Gelding Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #106
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
You absolutely can not prove that. You CAN NOT tell me it has improved 1% from week 1.
Youngest offensive line in the NFL. New system. New coach. New quarterback. And it HAS improved.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #107
Gelding Horse
Chefs Fan

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
See. You just assume out defense is gonna fall off. It won't. So you are not respecting our defense. Our offense will be twice as good by the end of the season. All we needed was a coach who knew how to plan and a quarterback who didn't throw it to the other team. We got that and more. Respect.
Chiefs- twice as good IS possible, but not that much better. Until they can get a TE rolling, the receiving corp is going to continue to look weak. AND if Charles goes down, it may be worse for the Chiefs than the Donks losing Manning.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #108
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I didnt say your defense was gonna fall off. I just have no faith in your offense, and see no reason why you'll be "twice as good." In fact, there's a better chance of you guys losing Charles to injury than you being "twice as good." You aren't dominating teams. You barely snuck by Houston. You needed a lucky special teams play and a lucky personal foul call to beat Ryan Fitzpatricks titans. You needed an epic bed**** to stay ahead of Philly. You needed a JV line to dominate the raiders.

You're a good team, no doubt. With your schedule, youre gonna win a lot of games. Saying youre not a super bowl team or have a lower ceiling than teams with hall of fame/dominant QBs is not "disrespect."
Old 10-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #109
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelding Horse View Post
Fitzpatrick for us was always like playing Elway in his prime. Keenum played better than Schaub. For you guys; NE is very beatable, you played Baltimore at a good time (still a good win) and Indy was just a bad combination of road and Manning distraction. In the end, the biggest advantage for the Chiefs is playing Indy @ home.
Keenum didnt really play all that well when you started blitzing him. At all. And the fact that Kubes never adjusted is a shame on him.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #110
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

what the hell is up with all the new chiefs fans on this board
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #111
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
If the chiefs **** the bed, they'll be gone as quickly as they came.

I agree, its highly annoying. They have nothing better to do with their time.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #112
Chiefsteak
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I didnt say your defense was gonna fall off. I just have no faith in your offense, and see no reason why you'll be "twice as good." In fact, there's a better chance of you guys losing Charles to injury than you being "twice as good." You aren't dominating teams. You barely snuck by Houston. You needed a lucky special teams play and a lucky personal foul call to beat Ryan Fitzpatricks titans. You needed an epic bed**** to stay ahead of Philly. You needed a JV line to dominate the raiders.

You're a good team, no doubt. With your schedule, youre gonna win a lot of games. Saying youre not a super bowl team or have a lower ceiling than teams with hall of fame/dominant QBs is not "disrespect."
You're right, teams don't play well against the Chiefs, much worse than when they play the Broncos. Hmm I wonder why ...
Chiefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #113
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelding Horse View Post
Look dude, I'm not trying to take anything away from you. You guys are 7-0. I'm simply saying I think the Chiefs are an above average team that with a normal schedule would be in the wild card race until the last Sunday. If they played the Broncos 10 times on a neutral field I think the Broncos would win 8 or 9. And I was just saying I am concerned that they will split with us (never easy at Arrowhead) and as a result of their beyond easy schedule they may get to 13-3 meaning if they do beat us once we need to not lose another game to avoid it coming down to a tiebreaker. I'm also saying if that happens I think whoever doesn't win the division would have tied for the best record in the NFL or have the second best record, but they will be on the road the entire playoffs while a team from another division will probably go 9-7 and get a home game. What did I say that isn't right? The Broncos need to beat KC both times or they could be in trouble.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #114
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's unrealistic to expect no type of drop off when KC faces more premier offenses.

There's a difference between respect and being delusional. You have a good defense, but one that will need to blitz to get consistent pressure on good offenses which will leave your secondary very vulnerable
Old 10-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #115
Gelding Horse
Chefs Fan

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
Have you ever checked out a Chiefs board? Its basically a moderator free free for all. This board is ran really well for a pro football forum. Basically if you really want to discuss football here, people will respond coherently. Besides, its more fun discussing with rival fans than a bunch of like-minded nut swingers.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #116
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Where were all these chief fans last year.....
BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #117
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
These Chiefs have a simple game plan that invokes the tenets of the last great surprising Alex Smith–led team, the 2011 49ers. That's a list that reads something like:

1. Do no harm: Avoid turnovers at all costs.
2. Beat up the opposing quarterback and wait for him to make a mistake. Catch that mistake.
3. Dominate the field-position battle.
4. Don't get injured.
5. Play an easy schedule.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...arnwell-week-7
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #118
Gelding Horse
Chefs Fan

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Look dude, I'm not trying to take anything away from you. You guys are 7-0. I'm simply saying I think the Chiefs are an above average team that with a normal schedule would be in the wild card race until the last Sunday. If they played the Broncos 10 times on a neutral field I think the Broncos would win 8 or 9. And I was just saying I am concerned that they will split with us (never easy at Arrowhead) and as a result of their beyond easy schedule they may get to 13-3 meaning if they do beat us once we need to not lose another game to avoid it coming down to a tiebreaker. I'm also saying if that happens I think whoever doesn't win the division would have tied for the best record in the NFL or have the second best record, but they will be on the road the entire playoffs while a team from another division will probably go 9-7 and get a home game. What did I say that isn't right? The Broncos need to beat KC both times or they could be in trouble.
Lets- I totally agree with the scenario you've laid out and as a Chiefs fan, I hopes that it happens. Unless the Chiefs offense can generate a little more firepower, this dream scenario probably won't happen.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #119
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
It's unrealistic to expect no type of drop off when KC faces more premier offenses.

There's a difference between respect and being delusional. You have a good defense, but one that will need to blitz to get consistent pressure on good offenses which will leave your secondary very vulnerable
Get out with that crap. Our defense isn't "good". It's dominant. Your defense sucks balls. I'd rather have an average offense and a dominant defense over a pos defense and an excellent offense.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #120
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Get out with that crap. Our defense isn't "good". It's dominant. Your defense sucks balls. I'd rather have an average offense and a dominant defense over a pos defense and an excellent offense.
This is the only warning you're gonna get, ChiefsKingdom -- less trolling and more substance or your stay here will be a short one.

The relevant excerpt from the Forum Guidelines:

"Fans of Opposing Teams – This is a privately owned site maintained by Broncos fans and devoted to building community around Denver Broncos football. For the most part, we enjoy interacting with the fans of lesser teams, but please do keep in mind that this is our home turf and if the only thing you offer is trolling and distraction, we may take action to seek relief from you. Opposing fans who manage to weave themselves into our community have done so by providing facts and content, and by choosing to take the high road more often than the low road."

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105484
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #121
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm not convinced. Dominant defenses don't give up near 300 yards to an un-drafted rookie QB in his first game. You're very good, but not great.

And the problem with your statement is you don't have an average offense.

I concede the Broncos defense isn't very good, but they will get better as Von Miller gets into NFL shape.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #122
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
I'm not convinced. Dominant defenses don't give up near 300 yards to an un-drafted rookie QB in his first game. You're very good, but not great.

And the problem with your statement is you don't have an average offense.

I concede the Broncos defense isn't very good, but they will get better as Von Miller gets into NFL shape.
Agree. Week after week Alex Smith is hovering around 125 passing yards as the fourth quarter approaches.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #123
yerner
Ring of Famer

I love how these kc fans think seven weeks of football against bad football teams make a defense dominant. Same team that was 2-14 last year? I guess this is what happens when you're so bad for so long it makes a 7 week stretch the complete picture.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #124
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
You have an above avg pass rush, you are 20th vs the run and it would be worse if some bad teams with bad QB's were not behind late in games.

Our Pass yards may stink but we are #1 overall vs the run, your Team isn't #1 vs anything.

At some point as the season goes on your going to need to stop the run. Houston would have run late in the game if Tate were not hurt and Foster not out.

Dominat means your the best at something, kFc is good at rushing the passer which translates to top 5 vs the pass but it is not because you have a great secondary.

Top 5 overall is pretty good but it week 7 and look at who you have played. I would pissed if my team wasn't that good vs that kind of lame competition.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #125
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I love how these kc fans think seven weeks of football against bad football teams make a defense dominant. Same team that was 2-14 last year? I guess this is what happens when you're so bad for so long it makes a 7 week stretch the complete picture.
They're naturally excited. I will say that most of the Chief fans that I know in real life, are much more pessimistic about KC's chances, even if they are excited about the team.