The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #51
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
The Broncos absolutely need to get their run-game going to take some pressure of Manning or I think we'll just see a repeat of last year's results. Right now, I'm just worried that there's a growing blueprint on how to beat Denver. We saw glimpses of it with a terrible Jaguars exhibition, and Indianapolis put it on display last night.
Well said. And KC has just about the perfect defense to do what Indy did. They pressure the QB and have good D-backs. And our poor running game isn't getting the notice it should.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #52
ScotchTanShan
The Chief
 
ScotchTanShan's Avatar
 
Bled Crimson & Blue for over 7 year

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Chi
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
or just make tackles! There were plenty of times yesterday if the 1st defender doesn't miss Houston forces a punt.

I think it is telling that their O disappeared in the 2nd half of a home game.

I still think they could lose 6 or 7 games yet this year.
That's true of a lot of NFL teams. You do realize that more than half of Denver's passing yards this year are yards after the catch and already engaged by the 1st defender.
ScotchTanShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #53
ScotchTanShan
The Chief
 
ScotchTanShan's Avatar
 
Bled Crimson & Blue for over 7 year

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Chi
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
remember when josh mcdaniels started out 6-0.
Remember when Josh McDaniels was never nor currently KC's head coach or any other coach for that matter.
ScotchTanShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #54
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks
 
ROYC75's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Inside your head !
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
Lets not get carried away about KC. The way they played yesterday they would have lost to many of the teams on their schedule. Houston had to really work to lose that.
The way Houston played yesterday, the way you guys turn it over, they can beat Denver in Houston with a defense like you guys have.

Who knows, maybe Schaub is back to his old ( good )form ?

It's the NFL, anything is possible.
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #55
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks
 
ROYC75's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Inside your head !
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Don't be suprised if Buffalo beats them- Buffalo only blows out one team a year, every other year really.... and that team has been....

the Kansas City Chiefs...

Mario Williams is going to **** Alex Smith up....
Buffalo always has our number for some reason.
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #56
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks
 
ROYC75's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Inside your head !
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingame View Post
Andy Reid > Josh McDaniels

KC Def. 4-5 Pro Bowlers > Den Def. 3 Pro Bowlers

J Charles > Knowshon Moreno

Smith > Orton

889' Arrowhead < 5280' Mile High

Yes, nearly identical teams
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #57
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks
 
ROYC75's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Inside your head !
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Here's the problem: Denver doesn't have a team particularly suited for late-season runs, and Kansas City does.

I speculated before this season started that KC could be a contender. With their tough defense, strong run-game, and play-it-safe passing, they're perfectly lined up for those cold-weather, rough and tumble games that come about as the year progresses.

The Broncos absolutely need to get their run-game going to take some pressure of Manning or I think we'll just see a repeat of last year's results. Right now, I'm just worried that there's a growing blueprint on how to beat Denver. We saw glimpses of it with a terrible Jaguars exhibition, and Indianapolis put it on display last night.

The wisest Bronco post in this thread, for that matter, the BB.

Never underestimate the opponent that has the tools to take your game away, never.

Yesterday KC was better at run blocking as a whole, better pass protection as a whole, not where we want it, but improvement. Missing on 4th and inches at the 1 was lost points. Several penalties stopped some drives, I expect these to get fixed.

I trust Andy to get them worked out by the time we get to the meat of our schedule and playoffs.

To some expecting 6 or 7 KC losses, keep wishing, you'll be disappointed as you were last night. You guys are too easy when disappointed, you can not handle losses at all !

After last year, this season has been a "Hugh" success!
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #58
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,155

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Here's the problem: Denver doesn't have a team particularly suited for late-season runs, and Kansas City does.

I speculated before this season started that KC could be a contender. With their tough defense, strong run-game, and play-it-safe passing, they're perfectly lined up for those cold-weather, rough and tumble games that come about as the year progresses.

The Broncos absolutely need to get their run-game going to take some pressure of Manning or I think we'll just see a repeat of last year's results. Right now, I'm just worried that there's a growing blueprint on how to beat Denver. We saw glimpses of it with a terrible Jaguars exhibition, and Indianapolis put it on display last night.
Late in the year is more about the talent on the field and beating the guy who you are up against. Game planning/schemes aren't as big of a deal as there is plenty of game tape to know what you do. This is why it takes top level QB play come playoff time and KC does not have that.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #59
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
Buffalo always has our number for some reason.
Yeah, it's the one game all us Bills fans look forward to... Lol.... That D is getting healthy and hopefully Fred Jackson banged up knee heals up nicely... Plus Spiller is due for a big game...

My worry is Buffalo's O-Line.... They are what I like to call, a train wreck...

The Bills kind of remind of the Chiefs in a way, conservative non-turnover Offense, good Defense, hellish pass rush...

It will be a good one, my guess it comes down to a turnover and a field goal and the winds swirl at RWS...
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #60
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
If the Chiefs stay healthy they are probably a 13-3 team.

Denver will need to go 14-2 or sweep the Chiefs to take the division IMO.
You meant to say if Charles stays healthy. Charles is your MVP, without him kFc cannot generate any offense as teams will be able to drop an extra LB and take away the Avery drag route.

I noticed Reid was doing everything he could to try to rest Charles. If he goes down your team and all it's pro bowlers will quit like they did last year when things didn't go their way.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #61
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,157

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Before I even think about the dumbass chiefs I wanna see Manning throw balls like he was weeks 1-5. Till then I'm concerned.

The chiefs are a playoff loss waiting to happen
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #62
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
The wisest Bronco post in this thread, for that matter, the BB.

Never underestimate the opponent that has the tools to take your game away, never.

Yesterday KC was better at run blocking as a whole, better pass protection as a whole, not where we want it, but improvement. Missing on 4th and inches at the 1 was lost points. Several penalties stopped some drives, I expect these to get fixed.

I trust Andy to get them worked out by the time we get to the meat of our schedule and playoffs.

To some expecting 6 or 7 KC losses, keep wishing, you'll be disappointed as you were last night. You guys are too easy when disappointed, you can not handle losses at all !

After last year, this season has been a "Hugh" success!
Lets look at the records of the teams kFc has faced

Jag's 0-7
Cowboys 4-3 - just above .500
Eagles 3-4
Giants 0-6 leading in the game but still winless as of this post
Raiders 2-4
Texans 2-5

It is week 7 and the teams kFc has faced only have a total of 11 wins and 29 losses.

You still have to face both us and SD 2 times each, Oakland on the road, 5 of your last 9 on the road.

If you had a vertical passing game that pressed teams downfield and someone who could spell Charles then I would admit you have a 13-3 contender. But you don't.

You face teams struggling to find QB's, starting RB's leave games early, your going to face the Colts without Wayne. Sure luck is a by-product of execution but until they do it against real competition I do not fear losing the division to you.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #63
Gelding Horse
Chefs Fan
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 32

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You meant to say if Charles stays healthy. Charles is your MVP, without him kFc cannot generate any offense as teams will be able to drop an extra LB and take away the Avery drag route.
If the Chiefs can get the TE position rolling with Fassano back, Bowe and Avery and the whole offense is suddenly going to move up to average or even a little above. If this happens, Denver will be in a serious fight for the AFC West. As far as anyone quittting last year, I don't think so; the O line play,Cassel, and poor coaching made them an honest 2-14.
Gelding Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #64
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,157

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelding Horse View Post
If the Chiefs can get the TE position rolling with Fassano back, Bowe and Avery and the whole offense is suddenly going to move up to average or even a little above. If this happens, Denver will be in a serious fight for the AFC West. As far as anyone quittting last year, I don't think so; the O line play,Cassel, and poor coaching made them an honest 2-14.
Please fasano sucks. And the chiefs play close to the vest by design. It's working so far, but I wonder if Charles and mccluster make it through the season. Who knows though
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #65
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelding Horse View Post
If the Chiefs can get the TE position rolling with Fassano back, Bowe and Avery and the whole offense is suddenly going to move up to average or even a little above. If this happens, Denver will be in a serious fight for the AFC West. As far as anyone quittting last year, I don't think so; the O line play,Cassel, and poor coaching made them an honest 2-14.
Yeah, fans quit on the team by running out of Analhead at the start of the 3rd quarter in multiple games. Players quit on Romeo for poor coaching and for not having an NFL caliber QB.

Reid has made solid choices to staunch the suckage but he has done nothing that Marty wouldn't have done. It will be interesting how he drafts this year or if they can find some legit playmakers on O to help out Charles but this year I am far from concerned by a team that is eeking out wins and is a one trick pony on D.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #66
Gelding Horse
Chefs Fan
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 32

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

True, if Charles goes, its over for us. If Lackluster goes, it doesn't matter.
Gelding Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #67
Gelding Horse
Chefs Fan
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 32

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Yeah, fans quit on the team by running out of Analhead at the start of the 3rd quarter in multiple games. Players quit on Romeo for poor coaching and for not having an NFL caliber QB.
Steve- If you would have had to watch Orton or Tebow get sacked every other play, you would have left too...more fun in the parking lot. Fans also had 0 confidence in Pioli. Strangley enough, the players wanted to keep Romeo and his country club atmosphere.
Gelding Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #68
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelding Horse View Post
Steve- If you would have had to watch Orton or Tebow get sacked every other play, you would have left too...more fun in the parking lot. Fans also had 0 confidence in Pioli. Strangley enough, the players wanted to keep Romeo and his country club atmosphere.
I stay for the entire game no matter what, loss at home or on the road.

BTW My friends call me Steve, you can call me Steven.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #69
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 
Get off my lawn, you kids!

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
Buffalo always has our number for some reason.
Correction: Ryan Fitzpatrick always had your number. You got that monkey off your back, earlier in the season...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #70
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelding Horse View Post
True, if Charles goes, its over for us. If Lackluster goes, it doesn't matter.
I'm in the minority probably, but see Alex Smith as the most important player for KC. He's definitely mediocre at best, but that is significantly better then what KC had last year and what is KC's best available option if he goes down

Charles is an amazing player, but it is still a QB driven league and KC would be going from average to one of the worst in the league at the QB position if Chase Daniel was the starter.

It will be very interesting to see what happens to Alex Smith if KC wins 12-13 games, and maybe gets a playoff win. Some team is going to overpay on him two years from now if KC does not, just because he is a better option then what a lot of teams are going with now.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #71
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
I'm in the minority probably, but see Alex Smith as the most important player for KC. He's definitely mediocre at best, but that is significantly better then what KC had last year and what is KC's best available option if he goes down

Charles is an amazing player, but it is still a QB driven league and KC would be going from average to one of the worst in the league at the QB position if Chase Daniel was the starter.

It will be very interesting to see what happens to Alex Smith if KC wins 12-13 games, and maybe gets a playoff win. Some team is going to overpay on him two years from now if KC does not, just because he is a better option then what a lot of teams are going with now.


........KC prob better off with Geno.

Draft would be better option.

Look up Smiths career record...............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #72
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Shabby, not too

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
........KC prob better off with Geno.

Draft would be better option.

Look up Smiths career record...............
I dont know what his career record is, but lately his record is like 27-5 or something
The "he just wins" is hiding the massive stench of his suckage

Hopefully KC gives him an extension
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #73
Paniero
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 22

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Lets look at the records of the teams kFc has faced


You still have to face both us and SD 2 times each, Oakland on the road
None of you seem to understand. We're not locked in here with you... you're locked in here with us!
Paniero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #74
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I dont know what his career record is, but lately his record is like 27-5 or something
The "he just wins" is hiding the massive stench of his suckage

Hopefully KC gives him an extension
\


I agree hope they keep him. I mean the losers get first pick and end up with him..........lol

He is about .500 for his career...........

He has been well protected last few years............thats for sure.

Still didn't get it done..........


Lets be honest when the talent level rises late in year or playoffs

Dilfer 2.0 becomes a problem.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #75
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
........KC prob better off with Geno.

Draft would be better option.

Look up Smiths career record...............
They need to draft a QB, as Alex Smith can't really be seen as a longterm solution. But for this season, hard to really fault them trading for Alex Smith. Longterm, Geno might end up being the better player. But this season, he is making too many mistakes, committing too many turnovers to be a better option.

It's like Denver with Orton. Guess it's fine if he is the best option available, but you damn well better have a plan in place to draft a QB in the early rounds that has a chance to compete and win the starting job down the line.

That is where KC's past regime got themselves in trouble. It wasn't as much the trading for Matt Cassel, but the complete refusal to bring in anyone that has a legitimate chance of competing with him.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Denver Broncos