The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #76
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Moreno fumbles once last year and gets deactivated for half the season. Hillman fumbles every other time he touches the ball and still gets carries ****ing homo
I agree. I'm done with Hillman
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #77
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanerbronco View Post
Forgive us for being pissed off at the fact that a player continously makes the same mistake and it results in our team losing the game. I wasn't pissed about thr Seatle game because that was a meaningless game but there is no doubt that his fumble took away the chance we had to beat the game.

Just like Romo gave us the game, Hillman gave this one away to the Colts

No, I don't think I will forgive you...or the other whiny b****es in here. Because you're fair weather fans who do nothing but b itch about this team when things don't go your way.....you know, like little b itch es do.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #78
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
We won a SB losing to the NY Giants who were 5-8 at the time in 1998....with Kent Graham as their starting QB.....we beat ourselves in that game too.

you clowns are nothing but a bunch of whiny little b it ches
In 1998 we only lost games once we had pretty much wrapped everything up. We mailed it in for the last three games of the season. It's cute that you think the two situations are even remotely similar.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #79
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
The rule on that is pretty clear. You have to carry the ball all the way through the contact with the ground.. He caught it in bounds and made a football move , even stretching the ball over the goal line. Contacted the ground and rolled over but then lost the ball. We weren't going to win a challenge there, although its a BS rule, as he made several moves with the ball before losing it.
No. Just last week or the week before there was a game in which a player caught the ball in the field of play and move the ball across the goal line and then lost it on contact with the ground. The play was upheld as a TD because once the ball crosses the goal, it's a TD. If he has control of the ball and crosses the goaline, it's a TD. It's only when you're already in the endzone on a catch that you must posses it all the way through the catch. Another Fox **** up right there.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #80
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
No, I don't think I will forgive you...or the other whiny b****es in here. Because you're fair weather fans who do nothing but b itch about this team when things don't go your way.....you know, like little b itch es do.
You suck the oxygen out of the room.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #81
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Not trying to compare the two but not too long ago people were saying the same thing about Moreno lol

Hillman wont be in the dog house I think Fox likes him as a change of pace. I doubt he sees goal line carries anymore I didn't get that call either.
He's ****ing done bro. . . I don't know if you could get any more in a doghouse than Ronnie Hillman is in right now.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #82
beanerbronco
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brandstater

Quote:

Just because I don't have your post count doesn't mean I'm a fair weather fan, kiddo.
I'm sure you enjoyed tonight's loss though, unlike the rest of us, ya BIG b itch
beanerbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #83
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
The rule on that is pretty clear. You have to carry the ball all the way through the contact with the ground.. He caught it in bounds and made a football move , even stretching the ball over the goal line. Contacted the ground and rolled over but then lost the ball. We weren't going to win a challenge there, although its a BS rule, as he made several moves with the ball before losing it.
You don't know the rules very well. Once a receiver demonstrates possession of the football in the field of play, which Decker clearly did by sticking it past the pylon, if the ball crosses the goal line it is a TD. Period. It was the exact same situation as the TD Julius Thomas had early this season where the ball was jarred loose by the ground after it crossed the goal line. The exact same situation.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #84
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I think this nails Hillman in the dog house, Ball gets his chance back.
Maybe we activate CJ and deactivate Ronnie?
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #85
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You don't know the rules very well. Once a receiver demonstrates possession of the football in the field of play, which Decker clearly did by sticking it past the pylon, if the ball crosses the goal line it is a TD. Period. It was the exact same situation as the TD Julius Thomas had early this season where the ball was jarred loose by the ground after it crossed the goal line. The exact same situation.

Yes I thought that was a TD too, the head scratcher is why did Fox not challenge
Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #86
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I think this nails Hillman in the dog house, Ball gets his chance back.
Maybe we activate CJ and deactivate Ronnie?
Here's the thing: We dont have another back with Ronnie's skillset. As much as his fumbles piss me off, not sure we can bench him.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #87
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I didnt think about that.

Thats a good call. It was the same sitch.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #88
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanerbronco View Post

Just because I don't have your post count doesn't mean I'm a fair weather fan, kiddo.
I'm sure you enjoyed tonight's loss though, unlike the rest of us, ya BIG b itch
You miss the obvious, he's a super fan. Just ask him, he'll tell ya..
Old 10-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #89
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Yes I thought that was a TD too, the head scratcher is why did Fox not challenge
It's not a head scratcher. Fox is an idiot. Do people not get this by now?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #90
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
It's not a head scratcher. Fox is an idiot. Do people not get this by now?
He needs to give the challenge flag to Adam & JDR, depending on who's on the field. Fox is just too slow on the uptake to handle the job to challenge effectively.

Remember the stupid challenge on the spot that did not matter last week?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #91
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
He needs to give the challenge flag to Adam & JDR, depending on who's on the field. Fox is just too slow on the uptake to handle the job to challenge effectively.

Remember the stupid challenge on the spot that did not matter last week?
Yes. It's not hyprebole when I say the dude is an idiot. The guy relegates virtually every responsibility to his assistants and those he actually retains he can't handle worth a ****. When we play good teams he always seems to screw the pooch and make winning that much harder. Every damn time.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #92
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Only on the mane will the doom and gloom douches come out after our first loss in 18 games....
Its not Doom and Gloom, but it is a wake up call. This team cannot take their superiority for granted. They actually have to work for wins. And with all the defensive errors in the secondary, and the injuries to the line and Woodyard out our coaches aren't doing what they need to do. Call an exceptional game and have the players ready to execute. We were totally outcoached today. It didn't help that Manning looked like he was an OLD QB today.

Overall the Defense did all right considering the hole that the offense and special teams put them in. But Champ is now gone for almost the rest of the year, and I doubt he will recover to be in game shape even by the playoffs. Time to move on and make permanent adjustments. The trade deadline hasn't passed , and if this team wants to go to the Super bowl we need to address some issues in the secondary, and Maybe line depth. Lenon is not able to make plays consistently ( or almost never), and we NEED to have better LB play. Even if Woodyard is back next week, injuries will continue to happen.

Hillman needs to get the inactive treatment ( at least) and Anderson needs to get a chance, along with Ball ( maybe). The O line was terrible and the only good thing today was no NEW injuries there.

These are real problems and the schedule isn't getting easier. A revived RGIII and the Redskins come into Denver next week. We should win that ...and then the bye. But there are a lot of cracks showing.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #93
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Fox is quick to call timeouts 2 minutes into a game on a 4th down punt.

Lol
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #94
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Fox is quick to call timeouts 2 minutes into a game on a 4th down punt.

Lol

He really sucks at quick decisions such as Challenges and clock management. Today Manning was calling going for 2 a full 10 seconds before Fox realized that was the call and comes busting out with his two fingers extended. Fox is a nice guy and probably a good coach when you have Peyton Manning but he is no Mike Shanahan on game day.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #95
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Its not Doom and Gloom, but it is a wake up call. This team cannot take their superiority for granted. They actually have to work for wins. And with all the defensive errors in the secondary, and the injuries to the line and Woodyard out our coaches aren't doing what they need to do. Call an exceptional game and have the players ready to execute. We were totally outcoached today. It didn't help that Manning looked like he was an OLD QB today.

Overall the Defense did all right considering the hole that the offense and special teams put them in. But Champ is now gone for almost the rest of the year, and I doubt he will recover to be in game shape even by the playoffs. Time to move on and make permanent adjustments. The trade deadline hasn't passed , and if this team wants to go to the Super bowl we need to address some issues in the secondary, and Maybe line depth. Lenon is not able to make plays consistently ( or almost never), and we NEED to have better LB play. Even if Woodyard is back next week, injuries will continue to happen.

Hillman needs to get the inactive treatment ( at least) and Anderson needs to get a chance, along with Ball ( maybe). The O line was terrible and the only good thing today was no NEW injuries there.

These are real problems and the schedule isn't getting easier. A revived RGIII and the Redskins come into Denver next week. We should win that ...and then the bye. But there are a lot of cracks showing.
Seriously. RG3 started to look like himself again just in time for us.

Great
Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #96
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Did you hear the booth explain it? He could only challenge down by contact, not the resulting possession.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #97
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
If so, then those saying Fox is dumb are correct. Should have challenged.
One more BAD thing that happened tonight.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #98
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Did you hear the booth explain it? He could only challenge down by contact, not the resulting possession.

I'm talking about Decker's crossing the goal line with the football not the Hillman fumble.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #99
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't think this is the end of Hillman's usefulness to the Broncos. They could put him on the practice squad and he could lead all the fumble drills.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #100
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

The decker one def shoulda been a touchdown.

if you have the wherewithal to extend the ball past the goal line, then you've have possession.